• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Mundane Fandom Cravings [MxF || CanonxOC || Long Term Desired || Doubling Encouraged || Craving Stranger Things/GoT]

A Mundane Mystic

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello new friends and fiends!
I am new to this site but not at all new to the RPing game. Feel free to call me any variation on my username you may desire, I'll answer to all! I'm looking for a chance to find some new partners as well as, ideally, some new friends.

To preface, I have a full-time job so RPing is a hobby first and foremost. During the week I'm generally available during the evenings, and I am in the CST (UTC-6) time zone. My fandom interests right now have been pretty well narrowed to Stranger Things and Game of Thrones, but I also don't mind doubling outside of my craved fandoms if a partner prefers something else. I am also more than happy to double, it's something I've come to expect and generally enjoy! I love to talk shop about OCs and get far too invested in their lives.

Ground Rules/Expectations
Everybody has them, so I'll try to keep it brief...
  • Age - I am 26 years old, and I only feel comfortable RPing with people who are 18+ as well as writing romances between 18+ characters. Any main characters will be aged up as needed.
  • Frequency - Since I am employed full-time I don't get to write quite as much as I'd like. That said, I try to dole out at least one reply a day. I don't demand any particular posting frequency from my partners, and if possible I will try to write more.
  • Doubling - As I mentioned, I love to double! This may mean playing between two different fandoms, which is always an option for me. I see doubling as an exchange and will be happy to entertain what you're looking for to the best of my ability. I'm open to doubling Canon or OC, or as any gender for any gender. I will even double up as the same character you're playing for me, it's not a bother for me! My only ask is that when posting both characters are given roughly equal attention. It doesn't have to be word for word, but I've had partnerships ruined in the past when one character would consistently get several meaty paragraphs of text while the other was relegated to maybe one decent paragraph.
  • Length - I tend to look for a few decent paragraphs per character, somewhere between 2-4 when we're well into the swing of things. My starters trend longer and I may post more if side characters are also chiming in. I tend to work around a 200-500 word range for each character.
  • Communication - OOC chatter is highly encouraged but not required! I like to be friendly with my writing partners. Willing to provide my Discord via PMs if desired!

In Search Of...
Aka the good stuff.
I've had a couple of specific cravings I've been looking to sate. This section will outline them. I have a list at the bottom of fandoms I know and will be happy to double up with, but I am not currently seeking these for myself.

I'm including some character and plot information as appropriate, all OCs are relatively set in stone.

Beatrice Buchanan ~ A bit of a spin on the "good girl" trope, Beatrice (Bea, Bebe) is a bookish, slightly eccentric nerd with acute interests in fantasy, horror, storytelling, and music. (A closeted weirdo, so to speak.) She has a connection to the canon crew in that she was best friends with Robin since the time they were 7 years old. After getting struck by lightning she was briefly pronounced clinically dead before being resuscitated. She slipped into a long coma after that, and the doctors weren't quite sure when she'd wake up or when the scars covering most of her torso would fade.
This particular idea sees a lot of changes from the original canon storyline. Most notably, naturally, is that Eddie won't be dying. Instead, this starts around the beginning of season 4's events. As if some supernatural pull knows something is on the horizon, Bea wakes up just before the events of the season. She's getting re-acclimated to her life in Hawkins around the time that Mike and Dustin are feverishly looking to find a substitute for Eddie's Hellfire campaign. They try to pitch to Robin, who declines, but Bea is intrigued and agrees instead. In this case there'd be no drug deal with Chrissy, so she isn't at Eddie's trailer when she dies and he's never under any suspicion. Of course they both still get dragged into the story, but that's more by virtue of their existing connection to the core characters. This would also see a connection between Bea and the Upside Down, connecting her lightning-based accident with the strange weather of that other world.
Intended exclusively for a modern setting, this would see Eddie having gotten out of Hawkins with everyone's favorite Midwestern Metal band. After moving to New York City, they clawed their way up a competitive music scene until they were signed with a relatively popular record label. This is their big break, and their chance at a very professional studio album. One caveat is, either because of writer's block on Eddie's part or just the way things are done at the record label, they're going to be working with a songwriter. And maybe that's not the end of the world, or maybe they feel like that's going to ruin all individuality they have. Either way, it's a distinct surprise when the young songwriter brought on to help them looks decidedly not metal. But Beatrice considers herself to be an adaptable little sponge, looking to mold herself in their image instead of the other way around. Not only that, but her portfolio boasts a pet project concept album taking influence from Lord of the Rings and H.P. Lovecraft, so maybe she has potential. She's also willing to put in the time, spending plenty of late nights getting to know at the very least one member of the band so she can work with him to write the best metal album they can. I also have it in my mind that Bea and Robin, who share an apartment, are still from Hawkins as well but didn't run in the same circles as Eddie and Co.
Henrietta Kaine ~ The concept here was who babysat Dustin before Steve took the mantle? I reached far back into Dustin's past for this one, as Henrietta (Henri) comes from Dustin's time before Hawkins. Before he moved there in the fourth grade, he was watched over by a foster care kid in desperate need of some positive attention from an adult. She became close with the Hendersons, to the point that even after they left they would still send her birthday cards and call her from time to time. A caregiver to the nth degree, most money she made through babysitting and odd jobs was used to help the younger foster kids in her crowded homes. So when she turned 18 and aged out of the system, there wasn't really anything left over for herself. After hearing her desperation, Mrs. Henderson wired her money for a bus ticket and insisted she stay with them until she could get on her own two feet.
Looking for the canon take here, this would see a lot of similar themes to the show itself. Again we don't have to follow things one for one, but this would still likely involve the Upside Down and all that entails. Perhaps most importantly, though, it involves ice cream. This would begin with Henri's arrival in Hawkins. Not wanting to feel like she's mooching off of people who treated her so well for so long, she's barely off the bus before she's talking about getting a job. What should be an unassuming trip to the mall in an effort to show her what Hawkins has to offer, she's introduced to Dustin's new babysitter and the exciting world of Scoops Ahoy. During what should have been a scheme on Dustin's part to get some free ice cream, friend of a friend and all that, instead gets warped into a request for an application. Now both of Dustin's favorite babysitters will be spending a lot more time together, and that may get them into more trouble than either of them bargained for. It's hard to tell what's more unexpected, the fact that there are monsters in the Midwest or the notion that Dustin Henderson is best pals with a guy that looks like he parties and once captained some kind of sports team.
This is an idea I'm happy to play within either the 80s or a modern setting, this would see an increasingly bewildered Henrietta and Steve getting involved in situations torn from horror movies. Maybe one week they're facing off against some ancient curse, the next there's a ghost latched onto one of them. In any case, there's a lot of danger surrounding both of them and the people they care about. It feels like they're the main characters in too many different franchises, and the director just can't get their stories straight. At some point it goes from being terrifying to borderline annoying, as they either try to simply survive the litany of supernatural forces or they try to figure out just why all of these things keep happening to them specifically. As with most other AUs, this could include a side of any combination of our favorite canon characters. I mostly just think there's something both fun and funny about them becoming begrudgingly used to facing off against terrifying foes, until it becomes almost second nature to them.
Admittedly I am still only on season 6 of GoT, but I've spoiled plenty for myself so I'm not mad about learning something I haven't yet seen!
Lady Marielle Eymard ~ A young lady from a house already pledged to House Stark. She has a nearly photographic memory and is smarter than both her brothers (Dorian and Laurent) combined. Ideally, she would become an incredible spymaster. Her major hitch in the relationship is that she's intended to a cruel, abusive lord named Roderick Keppel, who is set to inherit his own land. This would ideally be set towards the beginning of the war, with their relationship developing before a deal can even be struck with the Freys. This, naturally, leaves How we navigate past that point will definitely see some revisions to existing canon.
Eleana Belford ~ This lowborn girl has, arguably, one of my darkest backstories. Put short, she was put through a harrowing survival situation. Her village, high up in the North, was ransacked by Wildlings leaving many of them no choice but to flee upwards into the mountains. The area was largely impassable and the group, including her entire family, became trapped. She worked to keep her family alive before herself, even sending them on a last ditch escape attempt without her when she was too weak to make the journey herself. The men of the Night's Watch managed to find most of them, with her being the last to be discovered (only by virtue of Ghost) on the brink of death. This would take place within Castle Black for some time, with their relationship developing as she regains strength. There's a lot of room to play with timelines here, just to carve our own path.
Dannya Traske ~ A lowborn girl who previously had been employed at Storm's End, at the same time that Gendry had been taken there. She sent home most every bit of money she made to the farm where she grew up. Her father still worked the land and her mother was sick, barely able to care for her four siblings. When word comes to her that her father has died, she decides she must make her way back home. Unfortunately, the "first boat" she was promised by Ser Davos, is then needed to help Gendry escape Storm's End before he's killed. This essentially sees the two of them as traveling buddies, despite the fact that this girl is adamant about her independence. She has a thick skin and rarely takes handouts, instead choosing to rely on herself. Of course, that's easier said than done when traveling alone in a nation at war.
Lyra Mosseley ~ A lowborn girl displaced by the war after the rest of her family was taken from her. Lyra meets Brienne of Tarth and Podrick Payne as she attempts a journey all on her own to the North, where her mother has family in another village. Unable to allow a pretty commoner with nothing but the clothes on her back to go alone, Brienne begrudgingly allows Lyra, who insists on helping, to join them in their journey tracking down Sansa Stark all the way to Winterfell. This would be another case of spending a good deal of time on the road, filling in some gaps in their timeline as we see fit!

House of the Dragon
Marvel/MCU
ATLA/LOK
Bleach
Dragon Age
Mass Effect
Red Dead Redemption 2
The Umbrella Academy
Stardew Valley
Harry Potter
The Boys

That's All Folks!
I'll cut myself off there for now. Feel free to reach me via PMs if anything here is of interest to you!

Last edited:
hey i'd be up for a stranger things rp with you :)

also most of the ones you are not seeking for currently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back