• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Charles Babel

It was the early mornings on U.A. High School grounds as the final preparations were put into place. Everything had been double checked and triple checked. In the center of the school grounds was a large tree like structure dubbed the Watchtower by the heroes. By mutant design it would be the central hub for security for the days that the superhero expo would last.

“One final sweep, Jo.” Inside was the head of surveillance, Takeshi Matsuya, even called Wiz-Kid, was doing the final check-up of the camera’s hidden all over the compound. The cameras and the Watchtower wasn’t the only security precaution. Surrounding the school area was a massive dome formed by both science and magic. It was meant to create an illusion filter around to school so that the local population weren’t aware of what was going to transpire on the grounds, as well as defensively. The strongest among them had tried to forcefully break through but to no avail. On top of the already existing security of the school it could be seen as impenetrable.

Wiz-Kid still wasn’t quite sure how he had ended up with this job and not one of the Avengers, or Sage, for that matter. Maybe because the security was as strong and secure as it was. He wasn’t going to complain, considering how many others was no doubt before him for this position.

“You got it. Let me get into position,” The person on the other side of the comms was Sojourner "Jo" Mullein a member of the Green Lantern Corps. Wiz-Kid hadn’t been on a lot of meetings but he had figured the Corps were some sort of space cops. She had been nominated as the head of security for the event, and considering her references she was probably one of the best for the job. Wiz-Kid followed her path on the final cameras that hadn’t already been tested and everything seemed to be in order on his side. “Coming in loud and clear Jo,” Wiz-Kid replied over comms.

“One thing taken care of then, fifty more things to get done. Keep me posted. People are starting to arrive and I’m needed at the security check-point at the entrance. Mullein out,” She replied before the comms went silent once again and Wiz-Kids focus went back to the computer screens.

The expo itself was going to use the schools facilities as well as the grounds. The main building was going to house the main conference areas as well as refreshments. The actual grounds had a stand area with different heroes taking position to take up discussion with anyone interested to do so. Krakoa for example had set up an exact copy of the Green Lagoon bar were the heroes could relax for a bit between panels and work talk.

With a crowd starting to form Wiz-Kid knew this was going to be a busy day.​

Batman

This was far from his first time in any sort of Multiversal travel be it voluntarily or involuntarily - he has many times travelled to alternate universes, different timelines, different existences, though this time was different. Many times he has seen Earths that were like his, fragmented and perversed or barely any different, yet he has never been to a universe so bright and so full of metahumans. This was uncharted territory, and that was not territory Batman was willing to travel towards, knowing that it could be everything from Heaven to Hell.

Still, the invitation seemed genuine and the intent seemed pure. He understood why they sought him out specifically and not the countless other Batmen from other multiversal dimensions - he was the Ultimate Batman. An event known as the convergence occurred a few years ago, where many major universes of his own Multiverse converged and united the many separate and alternate versions of every individual into a singular "Ultimate" entity of themselves. With hundreds of years and lifetimes worth of experience under his belt, it did not matter that his foes were now twice or thrice as dangerous - none of them stood a chance against the new Bat. In three years, Gotham was free of crime, and in five it was unrecognizable from the dark, trash-filled and sewer-scented hellhole only the stubborn and the destitute resided within. Gotham has been free of crime thanks to the combined efforts of the GCPD, the Batman and his allies, which brought much attention to those who watched the multiverses.

It wouldn't be long before he began watching them too.

With the other Batmen of his multiverse too busy struggling with their own Gothams and their own crusade against crime, he was uniquely in a position to share his experiences and his knowledge to countless universes, perhaps saving billions if not trillions of lives through the work of the heroes he would come to teach. As much as he despised leaving Gotham, the cause was just and the good that he could do was beyond comprehension, even to him, and so he prepared.

Batman, the Greatest Detective, the finest strategist his world has ever seen, had a tendency to be prepared. He prepared against his foes, he prepared against his friends, he even prepared against his own family and himself all for the greater good, and as the saying goes, old habits die hard. He began researching this strange "quirk"-filled world he was to visit and reside in for some time, alongside the worlds where the heroes he would have the pleasure of meeting would have come from, using a modified design of the quantum trigger to teleport between multiverses. With the assistance of Flash and blessing from All-Might, he also began the construction of a Batcave to be the base of operations within this new world, ensuring that he had a place to store all his toys come the day of the Expo. Gaining information from this and other universes was not as difficult as he thought - as long as physics and chemistry functioned similarly from universe to universe, so did technology and the way that it functioned. Hacking into databases, server centers, even the databanks of fellow heroes and vigilantes were easily accomplished without arising any suspicion or alarm, and soon his databanks of information began to pile up - luckily he had an ally in Cyborg who he could trust to secure and encrypt this information with.

Time passed too quickly for Batman's liking, but he was more than prepared and he made sure he was well-equipped for this journey to this strange new world. After a final patrol of Gotham's streets and a letter to alert Commissioner Gordon of his absence in the coming weeks, a bright flash would find him and Alfred sent to this new Earth, an Earth filled with powers, heroes and villains, and he would find himself in his new Batcave, ready for the day of the Expo.

All according to plan.

1673483250236.png

Batman is free for interaction - assume that he is either in line to enter the Expo, already within the Expo conducting a panel, or conversing with a few heroes who are a fan of his work. Feel free to interact and make the situation however you want it to be! Or better yet we can also discuss in the OOC as well.

Iron Fist

1673487598609.png
"Well, kid... Guess you're in the big leagues now," Lin Lie breathed to himself as he stepped onto the grounds of U.A. High.

He had always been vaguely aware of the broad strokes of the multiverse, especially if one considered dimension-hopping between places like K'un-L'un to be universe hopping, to say nothing of the existence of Asgard being common knowledge, but this was on a whole other level for the young man. Honestly, his gut reaction was to say the sender of his invitation might have made a mistake, that the "Iron Fist" invited to this Expo was meant for his prolific predecessor, but then he realized he didn't really have a phone line to contact Rand, or even the hosts of the Expo for that matter, so it must have been for him, right?

Yeah. It was something he thought he had come to terms with already, but it was still surreal to fathom. He was now the one and only Iron Fist. Maybe not quite the Immortal Iron Fist that could contend with the other Immortal Weapons of the other realms, but if Shou-Lao believed in him, then there was no reason to let him down.

As he looked around and took in his surroundings, Lie took a breath. Now this was a world he never could have fathomed would be out there. A world where the majority of the population were born with powers, like the mutants of his own world, and by extension, had numerous of these schools for honing their powers and becoming licensed heroes.

... Hmm, this almost sounded like a dream come true for Magneto and Iron Man put together, but that was a whole 'nother can of worms.

Still feeling a bit out of his element, Lie decided to stick to what was (comparatively) familiar to him, and headed for the Green Lagoon Bar duplicate conjured up by Krakoa. Not that Lie was particularly rubbing shoulders with any mutants, but he at least knew of the living nation, and as he stood in the middle of the parlor by himself, Lie crossed his toned, bandaged arms and pursed his lips.

"Hmm... Don't suppose they have green tea here by any chance," he mumbled to himself. And then what was he going to do?

Alexandra (Al) Simmons
mentions Strategos Strategos

djgnml-450232c9-352e-4a5a-bb55-b7a37a2b368a.jpg

Al didn't like this, she didn't like most things in truth. If this had happened a short while ago Al would have assumed this was a trick of Malebolgia, but he was dead and gone now. Finally Al had cut the head off the forces of hell, save heaven and earth from damnations and yet Al found it hard to feel good about that. AL had just killed one of the lords of hell, the strongest, but still just one of the lords and of course heaven was no batter. She had seen what the people they took were like, monsters just as much as their infernal counterpart. AL would have normally asked Angela about such things, she knew more of the war, but the demonic lord had slain her before Al killed him herself. There was always the old man, the old hellspawn. Cog had taught her much as annoying as he was, but Al doubted he would know. She also couldn't find the damned bum he had vanished after learning that the leader of hell had been cast down. Perhaps he was out celebrating the end or finally had decided to end is miserable existence.

There was one place that Al could think, or where she often went to think, so she stood before her own grave. It was an experience that never truly felt real. She was here standing before a tombstone with her own body below it. Yet here she was standing above the ground that she had once dug up only to find herself rotting below. It was frustrating if she wasn't herself then who was she? The only answer she had was that she was free. Free of hell at least, but not of heaven.

Cog had once suggested that she get away from everything, from everyone to clear her head. Perhaps she should go away, just for a little bit? Al was tried of the fight, she had seemingly put and end to it and yet she knew there was more to it. The true masters of heaven and hell were missing and if they returned it could be the end of the world. Still for now there was a form of peace even if the world was still filled to the brim with death and decay. Yes AL would get away for a little bit, while things were calm perhaps a trip would help her finally do something Al didn't know what but she had to do something. She could not go back to her old life she could not go back to Wanda and yet she could not move on. Always the past lingered in the back of her mind taunting her, mocking her. AL clenched her fist anger flowing thorough her, but lacking any direction even with malebolgia gone her mind was still scattered.

" What would you do?" She asked the gravestone as if expecting her own corpse to answer her. Al waited for a moment and let out a breath she didn't realize she had been holding. Of course there was no answer, that rotting pile of bones was just that. Anything else it had ever done or what Al had thought it had done were just nightmares and illusions. There was nothing here but her and the dead no answers for anything.

" Of course the one time I ask you something you won't say anything" AL growled at the tombstone the directionless anger in her finding a target " Come on tell me I'm an idiot reminds me I'm dead " She growled getting angrier and angrier with each passing moment the dead didn't speak " SAY SOMETHING!!" AL screamed punching her won gravestone and shattering the top of it just above the engraved name. Her anger expected AL looked tot he destroyed stone " Shut up" She said almost a whisper to no one as the rage passed and she was just left with emptiness as she said a hand it glowed green. In seconds to tomb stone was restored as if what had just happened was a dream.

" So are you going to go?" A voice asked, but as AL turned there was no one there. " Going to run away?" the voice asked and Al turned to where it had come from only to see Wanda there.

" You aren't real" She growled at the specter Wanda couldn't be here she couldn't know what had happened what AL had done. " You can't be here" Al growled summoning wind that blew away the fog and mist along with the vision of Wanda. Once again Al was alone and angry always angry. She needed to do something anything to get away from his. She wasn't running she would be back,. there was no way she could leave here forever even if the other worlds were better she was here and Al could never leave her.

As if responding to her mind finally being made up the shimmering portal to this other world opened up. As Al stepped through she could almost swear she could hear someone laughing, but she didn't stop if this was a trap she would just break the trap and kill everyone involved. On the other side Al was treated to what she could only call a freak show and she had been through hell. There had been information about this world in the invitation, but she hadn't cared to read it, she had bigger things on her mind at the moment. Still she didn't regret tossing away what hadn't mattered at the time.

Her bright read cloak wrapped around her body Al seemed to glide out from the rift between worlds from the darkness and into the light. This place was bright almost unbearably so, the feeling was different so very different. AL could feel the suffering of the world always here just below the surface and yet this place was different it was far less. She could feel it still existed, yet it didn't feel like it did at home. A; didn't like it, she didn't like when she couldn't expect everyone to be a shitty person it opened her up far to much. Then she saw... of course batman. She had once seen that asshole when somehow their worlds had crossed and the jerk had thrown a damned batarang in her face after she tried to make peace with him.

Green Lagoon

You do realize what a bar is don't you? Lin got a reply directly into his head. If he looked around he'd spot a blond woman dressed in all white smiling at him. Even if he hadn't been in the hero scene for long he'd recognize the face.

Emma Frost, the White Queen. "But I'm sure Mr. Dukes has something for you, a spot of green tea?"

The giant bartender, wearing a baby blue Hawaiian shirt and a handlebar mustache taken directly from the 70s turned around. "Green tea? I suppose we could get a pot brewin'...hold on." Going back to his business behind the counter Emma turned her attention back towards Lin.

"So you're the new Iron Fist? Haven't been in the game too long and you've already nabbed two monikers to your name? I'd have to ask what Rand feels about all this." The way she spoke, it wasn't quite sure if she was being playful or serious with her words.

Verite Verite

Entrance

Alexandra spotted Batman...and then she saw another one walking behind him. Or she could wager that he was one at least. Had that same stoicness to him, but was dressed a more futuristic version of the suit...and was that a dinosaur dressed in the batcowl a bit further down the line?

There seemed to be a real menagerie of bats and other assortment of heroes in very similar clothing scattered across the ten or so lines that was formed packed with heroes waiting to get inside the school grounds.

Karcen Karcen Strategos Strategos

Iron Fist
Interactions: Charles Babel Charles Babel

"Huh--?"

Lie blinked as he felt a voice speak uncannily inside his mind. It wasn't a sensation he was entirely used to, but thanks to how Shou-Lao had spoken to him, Lie was able to at least detect when someone was communicating with him telepathically. Turning around to see the infamous White Queen, the young man sheepishly ran a hand through his exposed hair.

"Sorry, alcohol's just not really my thing. Monks are real serious about stuff that poisons the body and all that," he said, trying to play along with Frost's coquettish demeanor. "And if nothing else, I figured tea would at least be more festive than an ice water."

In regards to his identity, Lie let out a soft exhale. "Yeah, lucky me. Hard to keep a name like Sword Master when I don't really have a sword most of the time. It comes and goes, you know," he said, casually raising his bandaged hand to his chest, as if to show off the embedded shards lodged in it. "As for the subway guy, Rand, well... He seems nice enough about it, I guess. Offered to train me a few times so I don't embarrass his legacy or whatever he said, but honestly, not sure what he could teach me that Shang-Chi couldn't."

"Uh, don't tell him I said that," he added sheepishly.

Clark Kent/Superman

There was a lot of different reasons that Clark hadn't wanted to come to this convention. 1) He was the only superhero in his world, other than the man from another Earth and his own son 2) He had just recently healed from being in a major battle against a supervillain, 3) He didn't want to leave Lois alone back home when the world was so dangerous. Of course, none of these reasons mattered when it came down to it. Lois saw it as a great networking opportunity and she assured him that their son, her father and John and his daughter could handle everything.

Of course, that didn't mean he didn't worry, but he would admit that everything had been quiet for a while, so here he was at this superhero convention. "
Okay, I guess I should check in...." he replied, looking for just that....while floating a few feet above the ground.

Charles Babel Charles Babel Verite Verite Strategos Strategos Karcen Karcen

Green Lagoon

Emma eyes glanced over to the bandages for a moment and smirked. "Clearly, you've earned the title. And I promise, Rand won't hear it from me." As she leaned back against the bar Lin was delivered his steaming hot cup of green tea by the bartender.

"There. I had Pyro boil it for ya." Fred points over to a blond man at the end of the bar who gives Lin two thumbs up before Emma tried to pull back Lin's attention.

"So, Iron Fist. What are you hoping to achieve from this experience? Is this your first alternative universe convergence?"

Verite Verite

Entrance

Clark could see the lines were moving along slowly. Most of the gates were manned by what seemed to be individuals dressed in green. They seemed to be part of some larger corps and paired with one random hero in each gate. Even if the lines were slow the gate seemed to go rather quickly after a quick check up from both guards getting to pass through.

While Clark wasn't unfamiliar with other universes, this seemed to be something else. Then he heard someone shouting bellow him. "Superman? Superman! You made it!"

LuckycoolHawk9 LuckycoolHawk9 Karcen Karcen Strategos Strategos

Iron Fist
Interactions: Charles Babel Charles Babel

Lie let out a breath as he eventually let himself relax, not so much by Emma's words, but just being able to have a chat with someone he normally wasn't within the same sphere as, even if the two of them were still from the same world at the end of the day. As the bartender named Fred slid over his cup of tea, the martial artist took the cup in his hand and nodded gratefully toward him and the later mentioned Pyro nearby.

As Emma spoke again, Lie took a small sip of his drink before formulating a response. "Oh, uh, yeah. I guess wandering into alternate dimensions is probably a normal Tuesday for the Avengers or the Fantastic Four, but it's still a lot for me to take in right now. Can barely wrap my head around someone like Knull existing, but... well, the less said about him, the better," he shook his head, recalling his earlier days with the Agents of Atlas. He was a different person back then, so wrapped up in his own business, it was difficult to even think back to those days even though they were a part of him.

... That all said, in retrospect, as much as Knull hyped himself up, there was no way he had anything on Chiyou.

"As for what I'm hoping to achieve... Well, beats me," he admitted with a sheepish shrug. "I guess if I were more like someone natively from K'un-L'un, like Mei Min or one of the monks, I'd probably say that broadening my horizons, meeting people with all sorts of different experiences and perspectives is a reward in of itself. An opportunity to better myself as a person, I guess is what I see this as."

"And ah, what about you, Ms. Frost? Is this close to a normal Tuesday for someone like you too?"

Alexandra (Al) Simmons
mentions Strategos Strategos

Al didn't like this waiting in like shit, she wasn't even sure why she had even come here. This whole works unnerved her it was to like the feeling she got when in heaven or its gates. Still that did make her think and Al left the lines and moved off. If this place could reach out to her world then could her world reach out to it? Was heaven using this place to grow recruits for its wars? Heaven and hell always had a hand in everything, their secret war fucking with a world that was screwed up enough already.

Al wandered off to the sides of the buildings looking for a few things. Portals of the hellish kind, demons wearing humans, dead zones, and some shadows. Al wanted to be alone to keep heaven and hell away from yet another world they would fuck up. That wasn't why she had come but then why had she come? What did a damned dead woman have to clear her mind of? Maybe coming to this world had been a mistake.

Green Lagoon

"More of a drab Monday, if nothing else," Emma remarked back to the current Iron Fist. "It's all about networking. Putting on a friendly smile and a shake. Despite everything that we've done mutants are still considered outcasts at best. Abominations at the worst. We need allies on every single new Earth, and I'm going to do my best to make that a reality."

She gives him a playful smile. "If you're wondering why I'm speaking so casually to you it's only because I could wipe your mind of this entire conversation and no one would blink an eye..."

Just kidding. Lie hears in his head. "Either way, I've done my networking with you for the time being. Say hello to Rand if you see him. Tell him I'd be interested to talk business once we get back to our own reality." With that she downed the drink she'd had in her hand and walked off into the crowd.

Verite Verite

Outside UA

There wasn't any clear signs if this place was going to be used as some sort of staging ground or recruitment center for an ongoing war between Hell and Heaven, but Al could sense that some of the individuals there had both demonic and angelic origins. Like that one yellow demon that was speaking in rhyme to a very annoyed looking fellow with a pentagram on his chest, but anything truly malicious or menacing feeling was not in the air...yet.

Karcen Karcen

Clark Kent/Superman

Clark was surprised to see the lines were moving so slowly along when it came to something like this. Usually these lines moved faster, but then again, there were a lot of people at the place that were like him, special and unique. He wasn't about to comment how the gates were moving faster when the checkup was done, it seemed pretty par for the course with these sort of events.

It was something else and even though he knew that there were other worlds, this was not like anything he had ever encountered. " Yeah, I'm just as surprised that I made it. Who are you?" He asked.

Charles Babel Charles Babel

Dragon
Interactions: Karcen Karcen

461PgRH.jpg

It wasn't the people flying or running along rooftops or even the ones loaded down with tech Dragon could only dream of that had him staring. Walking to the expo grounds in his Chicago police officer's short sleeves, some people did stop in their tracks to watch all four-hundred-fifty pounds and five-foot-ten inches of him—six-foot-six with the dinosaur fin—go up the street. There was even a little kid his mom coached to give the nice green-skinned policeman a wide-eyed salute. But most people smiled or nodded at most and kept walking.

That, and what he wasn't seeing or hearing. No one coming over to tell him how much of a waste of their taxes he was. None of the types talking out loud about where the place was headed giving a Freak a badge. There wasn't even a scream or gunshot to divide his attention while he had it wrapped around something else. Maybe it was so many superpowered busybodies in the vicinity that kept the crooks and jerks in their holes. But the reading material that turned up with the expo's invite said it was going down on this Earth for a reason.

He checked his notes for the panel coming up on the venue. Wasn't much he had to say when it was obvious looking around everyone else was doing a better job on their Earth than he ever managed back home. Right where he was included. He wasn't dense, even a paradise couldn't keep out the snakes, but how could one place end up looking like a children's cartoon and the other a war zone when both—on the face of it—started with the same materials? He wasn't seeing too many angels with halos walking past him. Just human beings.

It needed a bigger brain than Dragon's to figure out. One thing had him smiling stopping in sight of the entrance. Superheroes, advanced science, a whole planetful of people with superpowers—and they still couldn't get the lines moving faster.

He did a double-take. It left him staring till he was sure he wasn't seeing things. Walking over to someone he thought he recognized. But not quite.

"Uh. I hope you don't mind me saying, but I've seen you looking a lot worse. Al?"

Nightwing

The 2nd Multiversal Hero Expo. From that name alone, it sounded like the organizers must have had quite a few heroes in mind to be able to invite besides Nightwing. And the whole Multiverse issue would also be high likelihood to be more than some little detail. Because while threats and events that huge weren't an every other month thing for his Earth, the personable vigilante did have substantial experience with them. Enough to safely say that they all had had something concerning in common. Namely, they were all apparently determined to make Antarctica jealous over how much farther south they could go than it.

As such, that left him concerned about what this Expo would bring, either here or where they were actually holding it. Nightwing immediately called the other Titans to the Ops Room since he'd been in Titans Tower still at the time. Had the invite come even one day later, it probably would've caught him in Bludhaven or Gotham instead. In this case, it was his second group of teammates setting up as best they could to monitor Multiverse activities. Being what he'd called them there for, not for also discussing whether he should even go. Though Kori, then Donna chimed in to bring it up, something that hadn't even been in question from the moment he got the invite.

He brightly shrugged off their doubt by pointing out, "Hero Expo, guys. Open to new and experienced heroes if the fact that it's not named 'Those Who've Already Learned How to Drive Villains Up Walls Expo' means anything. I don't have it in me to leave someone without such a vital skill." All joking aside, there was another reason he'd have gone without hesitation. Something that might not even happen, but he'd rather be there if an all-hands-on-deck sort of situation arose from this event. Among those two reasons, however, it was the comment staying on his mind as he set foot onto this world for the first time ever.

There was a lot for him to take in with that initial glimpse, more than what Nightwing could've seen from where he was at the entrance. Behind several people standing patient and quiet. Nightwing could do patient, but his personable nature had a greeting ready as soon as he stepped into that waiting line. "Hey! They went all out on size, didn't they? Line include."

Last edited:
Alexandra (Al) Simmons
mentions RanRed RanRed

Al's glowing green eyes narrowed as somone called out to her. The finned green giant she had met in hell itself. The one she had beaten in combat and saved from being killed by the damned there. The guy who thought he was on a drug trip. Had ever gotten his name? Maybe or maybe not that time in her life had been hectic, in fact it had all been hectic until now. She had finally found the time to think and she had run away from doing it. Well when you tried to kill your own ghost and they just kept coming back being alone was a hard thing to do. It didn't help greenworld had made her feel everything so she always had something to be annoyed about.

It was surprising that the finned green gaint could regonize her as last time she had not had her face on in a literal sense. She was well not really a corpse but she looked like one when she didn't try not to look like one.

" I learned how to put my face back on" Al said as if it was a joke " Hopefully you have been playing savior again" she teased as both of them had been called that by the damned and when she had decided to try forgiveness both had been turned on. " It's good to see a familiar face thst isn't the batdick over there" she chuckled able get along with others when people weren't being annoyingly cryptic. " How about a drink on me we can skip that line?" She offered a friend or at least friendly face was something she needed.

Dragon
Interactions: Karcen Karcen

461PgRH.jpg

The thing was, Dragon had done his homework and read up about the multiverse when he had sat down to think about signing up for the expo. It didn't make acting on the hunch any less of a shot in the dark, but seeing the expo attendee in the unmistakable costume recognize him inside of a few seconds had him grinning ear to ear. Even though much of what she was saying made him blink in confusion ... then it hit him, he was hearing about a different Dragon. Seeing there was no way the person in front of him was the Al he knew. The differences were hard to miss.

"Yeah. The face. That too. I'll say there's a change." He said, looking at the statuesque vision in the skintight bodysuit standing in front of him. Right before he gave in to grabbing the back of his neck and lowering his eyes to keep from staring at Al directly. Fumbling for the words.

"Uh. I think I have to explain myself. See, the Al I know, we only got together when something big came up. Like when Invincible needed the help. Lemme tell ya, I've been in front of characters who had me shaking right down to my ankles, but they didn't hold a candle next to Al. But when we had a minute, got to talk, turns out, under all those chains and all, was just a ... regular guy."

He explained sheepishly. Just standing in line, he could pick out multiple costumes that looked like variations of the same theme. Though in many cases the people wearing them could not be more different. It was somehow reassuring, the knowledge the multiverse bothered enough about anything to make more than one attempt to get it right. Then again, maybe not so much.

"I think a drink's a great idea right now." He said, smiling as he moved aside to let Al lead the way.

Alexandra (Al) Simmons
mentions RanRed RanRed Verite Verite

What Dragon said wasn't what Al wanted to hear another world another spawn another Malebolgia. Al had not thought that her world would be as repeated as that of batman, but it seemed there were some that copied her. That was assuming she wasn't copying them. That was an idea she really didn't like, just going through the motions that someone else had already gone through. She had decided not to play the games of haven and hell not to follow either path and yet she might just be doing exactly that with another version of herself. Still it did answer a few things this whole meeting of worlds had made Al question. She remembered not long ago for her, well a few years at this point, that she had fought with the young bloods, that they had been all over and yet now she was alone. Al did notice how sometimes her world touched others and then everyone seemed to forget what had happened. It was the same with Gotham, everyone had known of it and the batman and then it was never mentioned again as it had been a dream.

" I see" Al said " The young bloods, chapel, batman, and now invincible " Al mused listing off the oddities " How strange that my world forgot all of them, and i have yet to meet the last. " She said as one of the hands emerged from her flowing cloak. Green light emanated from her fingers as she brought thumb and ring finger together then snapped.

The pair would be torn apart down to the atom by the hellish powers Al had and whisked away to where she wanted to go. The barrier prevented people from getting in, but moving inside it wasn't something it could do. Spawn knowing what she could do almost doubted it could stop her anyways. Inside the Green Lagoon shadows would see to darken and those sensitive to the supernatural or evil would feel the air shift. Then in a green flash Al would appear with Dragon , who she wondered how he would take the teleportation as most puked with the first time. With Al now here those sensitive would feel the overwhelming darkness that was a hellspawn a being made from the soul of an evil humans, merged with a demon and given the powers of hell itself. Depending on the world this could be the closest to pure evil some had ever felt and other others it might just be another Monday.

" Anything strong" Al said to the bartender not waiting to be acknowledged no doubt with that entry most had noticed the odd duo.

Entrance

"What do you mean, who am I?"

4572936-captain%20carrot.jpg

"You don't recognized your old pal, Captain Carrot?" And there was in fact a large cartoon rabbit standing in front of Superman with a hand out for a shake. "I heard you had 'Earth duty', but I guess a Superman can do the job on the fly!"

LuckycoolHawk9 LuckycoolHawk9

Green Lagoon

Fred looked up to his new patrons and gave her a solemn nod. "Strong it is." He went to working and soon pushed a cocktail in a highball glass at her. "One Long Island Tea for the miss. You got yer drink coupon?" He chortled before she had any time to answer. "Just kiddin', it's an open bar."

He then turned towards Savage Dragon next. "What about you, big guy? Pick your poison. Wanna try one of Krakoa's 12 year whiskey's?"

Karcen Karcen RanRed RanRed Verite Verite

Iron Fist
Interactions: Charles Babel Charles Babel Karcen Karcen RanRed RanRed

"Ah--"

Lie began to breathe out as Emma spoke, before the woman eventually took her leave, seemingly to deal with other business now that she decided their little diversion of a conversation was at an end. The young man rubbed his head lightly, unsure of what to fully make of the White Queen, but if nothing else, she didn't seem to be a bad person.

Then again, maybe her presence here by itself should have indicated that. But she had conviction, things she believed in, and Lie could more than respect that.

Lie however wasn't left alone with his thoughts for long until two new heroes suddenly materialized in the Green Lagoon next to him. The sudden teleportation caused Lie to jump right in his seat with a sharp gasp. "Oh--!" He began to exclaim, before composing himself before he might accidentally spill his tea. Right off the bat, he got a bad feeling about the woman; Lie's ability to read others through their flow of chi was generally hit or miss, especially when it came to reading people from other worlds who got their power from other sources, but darkness was universal. Or... multiversal?

Still, it seemed the bartender was nonplussed, as were any other guests nearby, so maybe this was just a normal thing for them.

Keeping in mind that the sheer notion of being at this Expo meant they must have been notable heroes (read: do-gooders, even if in some loose sense of the word), and remembering Emma's words about networking, Lie decided he may as well get his time's worth here, clearing his throat as he began to speak to Spawn and Savage Dragon. "Uh, hello," he said with a sheepish wave. "I take it you two are used to this whole multiverse melding thing? Or have I finally met some good company?" He said, trying his best to put some levity in his voice as he cordially raised his own cup of tea at them.

Batman
Mentions: Charles Babel Charles Babel Karcen Karcen RanRed RanRed Verite Verite LuckycoolHawk9 LuckycoolHawk9 Mayali Mayali

He sees heroes left and right, many in much brighter spandex than his. He sees familiar faces, but not ones that are familiar either. He sees a Superman but not the same Superman he knows - a Superman who is significantly weaker than his own Superman is not someone he'd expect to see in this expo, but he knows that as long as that S rings true that he can be assured kryptonite is not a necessity today. He also sees his protege, Nightwing, lining up to join this expo - of course he knew that Dick would not miss an opportunity as large as this, but he is still surprised that he was willing to leave Bludhaven and the Titans for a few weeks. A pang of pride appears in his heart; Dick Grayson, the boy who grew up, with his own family and his own purpose seperate from his crusade. He asked Alfred to keep an eye on Nightwing for the duration of the expo much to his chagrin, but he has a feeling he won't need it.

He also sees unfamiliar faces, not unknown but unfamiliar. He has done his research on attending members of the expo and saw three figures he thought he'd visit; Alexandra Simmons, a Spawn not unlike the one he has once met before and even perhaps the very same one he met so long ago, Kurr the Savage Dragon, a physically and mentally powerful mutant police officer who has much history with Simmons, and Lin Lie, the Iron Fist who succeeded Daniel Rand as the protector of a city named K'un L'un, a city not even he could reach when he visited his universe. Making his way to the bar, he saw a mutant conversing with Lin Lie which his detective vision identified as Emma Frost, a high level telepath who can easily alter minds of the untrained and the unaware. Despite being able to resist Martian Manhunter's telepathic abilities in his universe, he still must be extremely cautious when conversing with those who possess psychic abilities, something his cowl was built to defend against.

He arrived at the bar as she left, going to the bartender and saying "Water, thank you Fred.". He would then greet the three heroes before him, nodding and doing a slight bow to Kurr and Lie before directing his attention to Spawn before him, who he detected had lingering feelings of resentment. "Officer, Lin Lie, it's an honor. Simmons, Alexandra Simmons if I'm not mistaken. We haven't met before, though I've heard you've met someone like me - allow me to apologize in his stead for the scar." he said, reaching an arm out for a handshake.

Alexandra (Al) Simmons
mentions RanRed RanRed Verite Verite Strategos Strategos

Al's glowing green eyes twitched for a second as she was offered a mixed drink in a highball. That was not want she had meant, perhaps she should have been more clear. Around Al the sound of clinking chains could suddenly be heard as the chains about her person animated themselves. They were a part of the suit, a part of her and as she was now master of herself she was master of them. The suit had at times gone against her, but she would have it obey her now.

" I should have been more clear Al said as one of the chains snaked out searching the bar for a second before wrapping around Bruichladdich X4 a very very potent and high shelf whiskey " I don't do mixed drinks" She said taking the bottle and easily popping the lid of before taking a swing. Living with bums you didn't get the chance to have fancy drinks honestly most of it was shit, but you drank from the bottle and shared what you had.

Only once Al had some alcohol in her none existent system did she decide to answer the green and yellow guy and the batdick. " I didn't even realize this shit was happening until the jolly green giant here pointed it out" She said a thumb pointing to dragon. " And it seems another person I thought I knew is another of the myriad of faces" Al said looking to batman the annoyance still there as their meeting had ended poorly, yet this wasn't the same guy. The animosity would vanish rather swiftly as Al held out the bottle she had already drank from to the batman " Here have a swing and it's Al or Spawn i am... she is dead" Al said having been trying to put her past behind her to move on her old self was not who she should be anymore. Offering the batman a drink was more or less a custom so many people had and was there among the bums it was a way to make friends and burry the hatchet.

Green Lagoon

Fred nodded at the Batman who walked up and quickly got a glass of water for him. "Drink responsibly," he replied jokingly before his attention went back to Al, who seemed displeased with the drink.

Fred in turn seemed dejected. "Well you wanted something strong, and I just kinda wanted to do a drink for yo- Hey!" As the chain pilfered the bottle from the behind the counter Fred in turn pulled it back towards him. "Look, yeah, it's an open bar, but that doesn't mean it's self service," He put the bottle down on the bar and motioned with his hands on the counter. "This here's the barrier between me and the patrons. No man's land. On your side it's the patrons. On my side it's my kingdom and whoever else is running the bar. I should've probably said something. Knowing how you hero types work, so this is just going to be a warning okay? Next time," He slid the bottle back towards Al. "You ask. Alright?"

If anyone at the counter was being attentive they'd spot some of the patrons on the tables around the area had gone quiet to listen to the situation, and a blond man, who Lie knew as the guy who boiled his water, was sitting at the end of the bar counter and was now staring daggers towards Al.

RanRed RanRed Verite Verite Strategos Strategos Karcen Karcen

Alexandra (Al) Simmons
mentions Verite Verite

The area in the bar seemed to darken as the bartender spoke and Al's irritation grew. She didn't care about the others in the bar if they went after her then she would just strike them down. AL had realized without hell here she didn't need to hold back to worry about giving hell exactly what they wanted she could do what she was good at. There were many things Al could do in an instant she could even freeze time and do as she liked while none could oppose her. Still All didn't do that she was in another world, one that didn't abide by the rules of hers and for now she was a guest and yet there was no way she could leave a threat unanswered.

" I tore the head off the last king i met " Al said not mentioning how she had not been alone or that said king had been a demon " Hope i don't make it two for two" She finished her threat. Al didn't know how other heroes worked, but if they were anything like the batman she had met killing wasn't their things, but it was hers she had once tried to avoid it, now it didn't matter.

Iron Fist
Interactions: Charles Babel Charles Babel Karcen Karcen Strategos Strategos RanRed RanRed

Lie gave a somewhat crooked smile as Al gave her curt reply to his words, trying to maintain an air of politeness against her dark mien. Well, as long as everything remained relatively civil, then he wouldn't antagonize needlessly. "R-Right. Yeah, whoever planned this Expo really knows how to pick 'em, though I guess I'm not really one to talk," he breathed.

As another unfamiliar figure approached him and the others, dressed up like a giant bat in military armor or something of the sort, Lie blinked under his mask as he was greeted so formally. "O-Oh, that's... uh, the honor is mine, I'm sure," he said to the Batman, feeling a bit awkward that he was being spoken to so comfortably when Lie himself didn't know who this guy was, but at least this was a step up from the lady. Lie almost let himself get a big head for a moment, wondering if he had already become such a famous figure throughout the multiverse from his heroic exploits, not really considering for a moment how much of a mega-genius this man was apparently supposed to be.

To the bartender, Lie cleared his throat and tried to offer a cordial laugh to break the rising tension, especially after Al seemed comfortable trying to raise it. "Aha, well, I for one am happy to be a subject of this gracious kingdom, Your Majesty," he said light-heartedly, before turning his attention back to the bat-looking man again.

"Sorry, I just realized. I didn't catch your name, mister...?"

Green Lagoon

Fred took a heavy sniff of the air...before bursting out laughing. "Yeah, you look like one of those." He gave Al a heart clap on her back. "The fact that you think you could do anything...I respect that, but security probably don't."

Fred seemed to look towards one of the shelves with a glint in his eye before looking back at Al and the rest of them. "I was going give ya guys a little secret...but I don't think you have the temper for it."

Meanwhile...

The Watchtower

Wiz-Kid rolled his eyes at Blob's little display at looking at one of the surveillance cameras. "I thought it was going to be a Wolverine who caused waves." He put his finger to the ear. "Jo, there's a Spawn in the Green Lagoon causing a bit of a scene, but it seemed to be solved right now."

He only got a sigh as a reply. "The door's been open for like a hour. I should go and make my presence felt. Just as a friendly reminder."

"Just loom menacingly in the corner. I'll win the betting pool if the first fight breaks out in the first 5 hours of the expo."

"...You're head of surveillance."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I don't want to spice up my life. I'm not the one breaking it up."

"No comment, I'll go over and check the situation. Jo out."

And with that Wiz-Kid's eyes went back to the screens once more.

RanRed RanRed Verite Verite Strategos Strategos Karcen Karcen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back