• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Clark Kent/Superman

Clark was pretty sure that the question to the talking rabbit was straight forward and then he realized he was dealing with a talking rabbit.

"
Yeah, I'm going to be honest. I don't think I've ever personally met you, but I imagine that some other version of me may have met you from my understanding of what it is," he replied, still going for the handshake because he felt it would be rude otherwise.

Charles Babel Charles Babel

Batman
Mentions: Verite Verite Karcen Karcen Charles Babel Charles Babel RanRed RanRed Mayali Mayali

He would accept the bottle out of courtesy, only to put it down beside him on the counter making it clear that he doesn't really drink, "I appreciate the gesture, Al." he would reply, acknowledging the intent at the very least. Looking at the altercation in front of him, he could detect that there was no danger present and that a fight would not break out - no sensible individual would try to engage in combat with someone who's threat level is undetermined and from his database, he knew well that Spawn was far from unreasonable let alone foolish. Still, he suspected that they were under constant surveillance and that such a scene would probably not be tolerated by the head of surveillance, Matsuya Takeshi, a technokinetic metahuman who more than likely have already detected the heavy hardware that he has on his person at the moment, which he could only deduce is allowed as he has faith in his main enforcer-

"Sir, Lantern ring signature approaching your current location on a linear vector a few dozen meters above ground." Alfred chimed in through his integrated comms, speak of the devil. Multiple graphics and live feeds would pop up in his heads up display behind the white eyes of the cowl, as it follows a familiar green blue to their location. Sojourner Mullein, an acquaintance he knew from fellow Leaguer Hal Jordan, also a member of the Green Lantern Corps. He was mildly surprised to find out that Mullein was chosen to be this Expo's primary enforcer of security rather than better known lanterns such as Jordan, Rayner, Stewart or even Gardner, but he have heard of her capabilities and have no doubts she is more than worthy and capable of this responsibility.

1675227646596.pngA quick discreet swipe with two fingers on his left gauntlet would clear up his HUD to be able to focus on the man in front of him now attempting to defuse the situation, a man he's read much up on during his investigations to the Expo's attendants. Lin Lie is a very capable combatant who carries the mantle of the Iron Fist; being descendant of beings who were considered gods by ancient China and having mystical artifacts and powers within his body led to a formidable hero - though he also recognizes how Lie is out of his element, more than likely due to him being a young hero who relatively just started in his career with lesser experience than most heroes in this expo; perhaps young heroes like him is the reason that the Batman was invited here to begin with.

He would reply to Lie's question in fluent Mandarin, "I apologize that I already know much of you without you knowing much of me. I am the Batman, guardian of Gotham City. I have heard how you were chosen and saved by the dragon Shou-Lao, I see that it did not choose poorly. It is an honor to speak with the Iron Fist.", with an open left hand placed next to a closed right fist, a traditional Wushu salute he is sure Lin Lie is familiar with, as he bowed to Lie's height before standing straight again cloaked in his cape. He looks upon Lin Lie, not through his bio-telemetry information that his suit is feeding him, not through his detective vision that quite literally sees through Lie with the shards of the sword of Fu Xi visible within his arms, he looks at Lin Lie as he sees the soldiers whom he fights his crusade with - young, dedicated, full of potential. Still he wonders as he looks upon Lin Lie, what does he in turn see in this towering, shadow-clad, mysterious individual who seemingly knows more about him than his own mother?

Dragon
Interactions: Karcen Karcen , Verite Verite

" How strange that my world forgot all of them, and i have yet to meet the last. " She said as one of the hands emerged from her flowing cloak. Green light emanated from her fingers as she brought thumb and ring finger together then snapped.​

"Forgot? What do youuuuuuuu—"

Chalk it up to experience. If they made a movie out of Dragon's, it would be a gritty crime drama with the so-called good guy constantly finding himself outgunned, in over his head, tangled up by the system, and stumbling over his own all too human inadequacies. They wouldn't ruin the verisimilitude giving him a cheat code like magic or godlike power.... A long way of saying Dragon didn't know to duck or even flinch seeing Al rub her fingers together to warp time and space.

"—ouuuuuuuu!@#$meoh%^&*no—huh?!"

One moment Dragon felt like someone had tossed him into a food processor with an avocado and a glow stick. The next he was coming to in an overgrown tiki bar. Blinking in incomprehension till he saw the costumes and the people who only looked like they were wearing one. Barely keeping from falling over while Al and her knack for grabbing attention kept it from the poor sap waiting for his brain cells to get themselves out of whack enough to catch up with what was going on.

One thing at a time. There was the fit young man who wouldn't look out of place in a boy band asking Dragon through the haze if it was his first rodeo. Then the serious customer wearing what the military-industrial complex would look like if it thought it needed a funny animal logo to look scarier than it !@#$ already was. One thing at a time.

"Friend," Dragon replied to Lin Lie, who had gotten in his question first. "Let me say you have a way with words, and... I think I could use a beer."

Speaking of, something about the massive blob of flesh manning the bar couldn't keep Dragon the Chicago police officer from thinking the character had more than slinging drinks on his resume. But the man was only doing his job. It was Al who had Dragon staring. The Al he knew was straight up terrifying if he had to be, but he wouldn't bust it out to pick a fight in a bar. The Al he knew kept it in check. Dragon was no mind reader, but he could tell when a friend was going through something unpleasant.

"Hey, Al." He kept his voice down going up beside the woman. "Could you warn me when you try to pull a trick like that next time? And, uh, everything okay? This isn't... like you. Well, not like Al—I mean, the Al I know... is something wrong? Wanna talk about it?"

Alexandra (Al) Simmons
mentions Verite Verite RanRed RanRed

djgnml-450232c9-352e-4a5a-bb55-b7a37a2b368a.jpg

Many heroes might stand back and collect data maje plans and have back up after back up, but Al didn't work like that. She didn't have that luxury the threats came to her and she had to react. The only time she could research was on a half forgotten God who there had been scant info about. Research and plans were not want she did, she fought that was what she had always done. While others might see the tension as gone as light returned to the room Al was still ready to strike hellish energy that could melt the gates of heaven ready to be unleashed. The power she had earned as queen of hell only making her strength greater.

It was dragon speaking up that put Al at ease some bit as perhaps the Al of his world was nicer after all this dragon had never found himself in hell. It was oddly frustrating to see a face you knew only to learn you knew nothing of them. Normally Al would talk to granny,but granny thought she was an angel she could not understand for all her insight. This dragon likewise didn't seem to get it, but well Al shouldn't get in a fight and she did want some to talk too.

" There seem to be a lot of differences between he and I Al said as things went back to normaland for now she let the challange of the barman go unanswered " Perhaps it is because you are ahead of me" She mused having noticed a few things that spoke to the fact she was not the first infant she was far behind others. " Does your Al ever mention Angela?" Al asked moving towards an empty table wanting to know what this other her had gone through.

Entrance

Captain Carrot scoffed at Superman. "Please! You're trying to pull my rabbit's leg! I know Superman when I see him, and you're definitely Superman."

"Most doubtfully a Superman, but clearly not the one you seek." Another voice rang out from behind Superman. If Clark turned around he'd see the familiar symbol of the 'S' on his chest.

"I realize you have a hard time telling us humans apart, but the one you recognize has a more clearer chin, and not as scruffy."

Captain Carrot gave Clark another look over. "...I'll take your word for it. Anyway suppose it was nice meeting you." With that the caped rabbit flew off leaving the other Superman standing there with a friendly smile on his face.

"I am Superman of Earth 23," He handed out his hand towards Clark. "I can tell by the look in your eyes that this is new for you."​

LuckycoolHawk9 LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited:
Clark Kent/Superman

Clark had one of those looks that only a father can have, the 'You got to be kidding me with what is happening here'. " I never said I wasn't a Superman, just not your Superman."

It was reassuring that someone else repeated what he said because he doubted that hearing it from him was going to reach the rabbit. It seemed that he was a Superman from another Earth.

Clark hadn't considered that the rabbit might be blind to the idea that different humans could hold a similar appearance to the rabbit.

He would take a deep breath. "You can definitely trust that neither of us would lie to you," he replied as the rabbit would fly away as he looked even more confused, but decided to not address the fact that the other Superman had said he had a weak chin

"I'm Superman of my Earth, but I don't know what number it has. Yeah, I know that there are other Earths, but I have only dealt with two of them. One is my friend who is an alternative version of my world and the other is one where I am evil and my wife had a child with someone else, it doesn't make things any easier on me. But yeah, the wider stuff is still all new to me," he replied, taking the other man's hand.

Entrance

Kalel nodded empathically. "Evil versions is usually how it starts. Well, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. If you want a tour of some sort I'm currently not busy. As long as we get past the gate." Kalel looked over and sighed. "It appears they hadn't figured out how to do this more efficiently since the last meeting."

Green Lagoon

Jo sighed in relief as the situation seemed to have solved itself. "These damn anti-heroes," she muttered under her breath. She'd thought that the 'Spawn protocol' was just for show, but it had been for the best to read through it. Making a mental note to scout the area one final time before moving on, the Green Lantern seemed to get a message on her comms. "Jo here."

She seemed to get an annoyed scowl on her face as the voice on the other end was talking. "Out of everything I was expecting...I didn't expect a Code Rusty."

Entrance gate 5

A small gathering had started to form around the gate on either side as the security guard...who seemed to be a Spider-man was looking awkwardly to his Green Lantern compatriot. "Look...I'm sorry but...you're not on the list."

The man being addressed was a bald man wearing a purple-ish tracksuit. Behind him was a large imposing man with blond hair shaped like a mullet. Both seemed very out of place among the assembled capes and heroes. "Please," the man with the tracksuit replied as he fixed his glasses. "Are you telling me Doctor Thaddeus "Rusty" Venture isn't on your so called 'list'? I am THE super scientist of my universe and I demand to speak with your manager."

A new voice spoke up behind the guards. "Yes, how can I be of assistance?" As they stepped aside the speaker was revealed. T'Challa, the Black Panther. "Brock," The king of Wakanda remarked to the man standing behind the doctor.

"T'Challa," He replied back in what seemed to be a sign of mutual respect.

While it was what he asked for, Rusty didn't seem too happy at seeing Black Panther. "W-well! Good! What better way to get to the bottom of things then go to the top! This loser over here is telling me that I'm not on the list? What gives! If you're going to imply something about my world being the boonies, I'll have you kn-!"

T'Challa raised his hand, which seemed to quiet up Rusty rather quick. "The reason you aren't allowed to attend, or why I haven't answered your calls. Is because the only reason you are here is to steal technology that you'll bring back to your world and patent them to yourself."

"Well I've never!" Rusty replied in mock shock. "The only reason I'm here..." he pulled out a small notebook and a pen. "Is because I promised Hank I'd get the autograph of every Batman I saw. Implying I'd have to steal from billionaire alcoholics and people dressed as bats..."

The eyes on T'Challa's masked narrowed as he looked past him towards the man called Brock. "Is this true."

Brock just shrugged. "Look, if I promise I'll keep an eye on him...it would really mean a lot to Hank."

The silence could almost be cut with a knife before T'Challa finally sighed. "If he leaves everything on his person that's based in technology at the gate, then you are allowed to enter."

Rusty looked like he was going to say something but Brock's hand on his shoulder made him relent. "Sigh...fine. Fine! Let's just...get it over with." And after a quick scan of every part of his body Rusty and Brock were permitted to enter the premises.

T'Challa glared at them all the way before they vanished into the crowd. "Do not let them out of your sight," he replied into his earpiece before returning to wherever he had been before all this.

Clark Kent/Superman

Clark was quiet for a moment. "To be entirely fair, it's not the weirdest thing to happen to me. Turns out I also had an evil brother who I just found out about recently too and that's not even counting the- you know, I'm talking a lot about myself, sorry about that. Yeah, I wouldn't mind that tour. I have learned conventions are often like this," he replied.

Entrance

Kalel thought about that for a moment. "Villainous brothers can be quite uncommon when it comes to us, but it's always a hard situation to be in," he smiled. "And don't worry! It's always a pleasure to hear stories about Superman through the multiverse." Kalel lead him to one of the gates and with a friendly smile and a nod they were quickly ushered over to the main area of the expo.

Seeing how easy it was for him, it seemed like this particular Superman seemed to have some sway over the comings and goings of this gathering. "We're now at the main entrance hub of the convention. Instead of telling everything this place has to offer, just tell me if you're searching for something in particular and I'll get you there posthaste."

Clark Kent/Superman

Clark was quiet for a second and held back a laugh. " I guess that makes me special in the multiverse in that regard," he replied back to him and looked at the ground and considered what else there was to say. " Well, it's good to know that hearing stories about us doesn't get tiring in the long run," he replied, as he would notice that the had gotten into the expo hall rather quickly too.

He was quiet for a moment and noticed. " I'm going to be honest here, I don't even know what the convention hall offers because of deciding to come so last minute after being convinced by Lois, so maybe a general idea of what we can see, that might help me decide," he replied, feeling bad about not having something particular in mind to travel too.

Kalel pondered the question for a moment. "Well I believe Dr Reed Richards and Mr Terrific were going to have some sort of lecture about the science of multiversal travel in a short while. There is a bar area called the Green Lagoon in the center of the convention area where you can get refreshments. Some introductory stalls placed up around the area. I don't recall all that they bring to the table, but I'm sure you could lose an afternoon there if you felt so inclined."

He pointed towards the main school building. "The main lectures like the one I mentioned you'll find in there. We are guests in this world and while students of this school are roaming the area. All of them believe this is just a gathering of heroes from around the world. I believe our magic users have put up a perception filter of sorts so that they won't question some of the..."

He looks over to Captain Carrot who give them both a wave before he seems to vanish into the crowd with a few other anthropomorphic people. "More outrageous things that they can see here today."

Clark Kent/ Super-man

Clark would listen to him and look over at him, not sure what either of those names meant in the grand scheme of things. He didn't recognize either of them. He would look over at him. " I can't really get drunk, so the bar isn't going to do anything, though maybe if I got a soda or something, that might be fine to deal with. I guess there were a lot of things to see, but I guess I should have some sort of idea of what to see which is more helpful than most things."

He would go quiet for a moment. " It would be a nice thing if my world had this sort of things for superheroes, but there aren't enough of us in the area to warrant such a thing existing. Only one of my sons even has powers... though personally, my older one, he feels human but he definitely heals a lot faster than a normal person, probably got a passive version of my healing."

Clark would continue for a moment and then decided to ask a question. "What would you personally recommend for me to go too?" He asked.

Entrance

Kalel thought about it for a moment before answering. "Give yourself the pleasure of meeting and discussing new things with your peers that you don't have the opportunity to do otherwise. If you are like me you might frown on gambling, but I know, despite warnings to the contrary, that there will be a poker tournament being held somewhere on the area," Kalel put his arm on Clark's shoulder. "Allow yourself some fun and respite in this place."

As they were talking a small fanfare played through invisible loudspeakers all around the area as a giant holograph of a man in a panther suit emerged in front of the school. "Welcome everyone to the second annual superhero expo. While we are just in the early stages, I hope everything so far has run smoothly for everyone. If you are in need of help, please contact one of the Green Lanterns patrolling the area, or a corresponding Spiderperson." Two other smaller holographs emerge on either side of him to show for the uninitiated what they look like. "The stalls will start to open and lectures will be going on all through the day. If you just wish to share and speak to your fellow heroes, then the Greenlagoon and other areas around the campus area are welcoming. From me and the rest of the committee; let this day be one of camaraderie and knowledge."

With that the holograph vanished leaving everyone in the area to be on their way.

Later...

It had been two hours since the expo officially opened and the gates no longer had any lines of heroes and only a handful of GLs and Spiderpeople looking over the main entrance area. In the two hours past some talk people had been hearing among the crowd.

Evidently there was training areas for the students in the school had been put to use by some people wanting to showcase their skills.

Rumors were floating around about a poker tournament that was being held somewhere. It was very hush hush, but someone had to know about it.

A heated debate between some known intellectual heroes was being held in one of the seminars, with no signs of ending.

If you wanted just to chill and chat then the Green Lagoon seemed to so far have a very friendly atmosphere around it.

A group of magic users had gathered together some place away from prying eyes and ears.

Evidently some of the students from the school had mingled into the large group of heroes, so people should try and watch that they didn't reveal too much to them.

The forested area of the school was off limits, but it seemed that some activity had been sighted in the area.

Karcen Karcen RanRed RanRed Strategos Strategos Verite Verite LuckycoolHawk9 LuckycoolHawk9 Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Mayali Mayali Josh Josh

Clark Kent/Superman

Clark would nod at the other Superman, unsure if he would actually be able to have fun and respite. That was not something that he thought about often and it was not easy to come for him. He took a deep breath, knowing that he had no plans to go the Poker Tournament. " Thanks for the advice, I'll try to take it, but I'm not sure it will work out for me."

Over the next two hours, he would try to mingle and then he felt something. The problem with having advanced hearing is that you heard everything. He had heard that the forest was off limits, but there was no noise coming from it. " I feel like that is going to be important to investigate,"he said, mostly to himself as he headed towards the source of the noise in the forest.

Charles Babel Charles Babel @Forested Area

Forest

The crowds were now getting quite hard to pass through with everyone now inside. Even trying to fly was going to be tricky, because everyone else with the power of flight had had the same idea.

Even so the crowd started to thin out the further from the main area Clark got and soon enough

A forest area opened up before him. Only a few scattered people seemed to be hanging around the area, most of them Green Lanterns and other assortment of security people. One person might have caught his attention though. An imposing figure dressed in a white suit was standing right next to the gate arms folded over their chest.​

Clark Kent/Superman

Clark should have known that flying was going to be the go when everyone in the area could fly, but he didn't consider that when he had headed that way. Thankfully, getting close to the forest it seemed that people had gotten closer to the area. He would notice the green lanterns and would land near the imposing figure in white. "Hey, do you know what's going on in there?" He asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back