• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Multiple Plots {Interest Check}

Which Of These Plots Are You Interested In?

• Titans War

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Westminster Manor

• Neither, but I like your style! — Why thank you! :] —

• Total voters

AlskaNoelle

Lazy Overachiever
Westminster Manor wins 4:3

Because of time constraints on my part, I will only be launching the plot that generates the most interest. I'm looking for 4-5 other players interested in a slow moving roleplay (post 3 times a week minimum, 7-8 times a week maximum), perfect for busy bodies like myself.

In terms of post length and quality, I'd be looking for players who can produce 4+ paragraphs per post and while I'm not expecting perfection by any means, proofreading is appreciated. To see exactly what I am looking for, you may refer to my roleplay
At Dusk.

••••••••••••••••••

Titans War

There is a legend that tells of the Kraken and the Leviathan, the two great Titans of the Sea with a deep seeded rivalry so intense, the higher beings of the sky were forced to intervene. One descended, making love to a human woman who gave birth to the demi-God, Amadeus, who, as the Kraken and Leviathan's battle raged on, went to the shore and spilled his blood into the sea, creating a divine barrier between the beasts. So moved by his self sacrifice, the higher beings took two pebbles, one green and one blue, washed them in Amadeus' blood and tears, and created pendants of them, one holding all the secrets of the Pacific Ocean, and one with the Atlantic Ocean's. Every one thousand years, a descendant of Amadeus who has fallen in guardianship of the blue pendant must travel to the underworld to retrieve the green pendant and spill their blood over the two stones into the Arctic Ocean, refreshing the divine barrier for another thousand years.

Fast forward to 1729 where Scott Hatridge is set to be the next legendary sacrifice who will save the world from the Titans. That is, until he is hung at the neck for piracy. Now the burden falls onto his only child, Vanessa Hatridge, an adventurous yet sheltered young girl. Aside from retrieving her father's ship, The Titans War, in Port Royal and the green pendant from the underworld, she must first find a solid crew.

Westminster Manor

Under the prospect of winning $3 million, 15 people are tasked with surviving 12 weeks locked in a supposedly haunted—not to mention huge—abandoned manor set deep in rural Northern Alaska, all for the pilot of a new reality show. In the interest of making sure the participants are alone with only each other, there is no camera crew and all footage is captured on cameras set up around the manor to capture their every move. The refrigerator and freezers in the basement are fully stocked with food and water, enough to feed 15 people generously for three months and there are first aid kits located in the library, study, and kitchen. Anybody who isn't able to handle this task is able to press the buzzer inside the interview room and will be removed from the house. The only safety issue was this supposed haunting, if that really were an issue.

It started in earnest. The sensation of cold fingers running across bare skin, the feeling of hair being gently caressed, disembodied moans and footsteps throughout the manor. Panic began to rise when the realization that the buzzers were offline became known. The doors and windows barred shut, the group is trapped, and the spirits are becoming more and more restless as the participants overstay their welcome. Then the first person disappears. Fingers begin to point and alliances are formed. If they somehow survive these demonic spirits, they still have to survive each other.

EDIT: The other 9-8 participants in this plot would be NPCs.

••••••••••••••••••

If you are interested in either of these plots, please vote and/or post which. Please, no "both" answers. I'll only proceed with one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to do the Westminster Manor. Is it based off of House on Haunted Hill? I love that movie

This might sound odd...but I think so. I watched it almost ten years ago, but I remember pieces of the movie. Skimming the Wiki summary, I think I definitely did base it off my memories of that movie. Also, a little bit of Thirteen Ghosts.

Well, while both seem like good plots, I voted for the Westminster Manor one. ( ' v ' )

But, to be honest, I'd probably want to participate in either one regardless simply because I love both supernatural stuff

and

anything to do with pirates

Also, you seem to have a knack for making interesting plots.

Just out of curiosity, how big was the manor in your mind? I mean, a manor is a manor, but there's a size distinction between modern-day manors and older manors.

@Siri I was thinking of using this for the manor. Link

Hmmm...Interesting. It's all tied up!

Well, in going to head to bed. If it's still tied by tomorrow night, I'll have to be the deal breaker.

Which means I'll flip a coin. ;)

Westminster Manor wins 4:3!

To those who expressed interest in Westminster, I will have this roleplay ready and up by Wednesday at the latest (I like to be very thorough with plots). Keep an eye out!

@David Parks and @CrimsonEclipse

I'm gaining interest for this roleplay much faster than anticipated and already have two characters submitted for consideration. No calls have been made, but you guys might want to flesh out your characters now:

The roleplay will officially open tomorrow at 7pm Eastern Standard Time. You may post your character in the Character Sign-Up tab whenever you have it completed and have thoroughly read over the Rules and Character Specs, but do not expect a yes or no from me until that time.

Please note that I am NOT taking reservations for roles. I reserved for Siri under special circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back