• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Multiple concept interest check -- which game would YOU play?

Beckoncall

World-Weaver and servant to the most-holy PC
Supporter
Hello Everyone!

Finally my successful Xcom RP is drawing to a close so I can't wait to begin hyping my next idea!

I am GM BeckonCall and this is my interest check to see if I can get a good response for one or more of my Group RP ideas. I always wonder where to put my interest check because sometimes I use dice elements and a lot of my RPs are nation builders (or have game-y elements) but I am going to keep it general here so hopefully I attract some new blood to my next RP as opposed to my usual (and beloved) following. There are three ideas I am most excited to run a game for, and after that are just a list of ideas that I am almost as enthused about, but would still run if they got a good response to the interest check. However, Enough of the explaining -- here are the RP ideas!

TOP THREE:

Kingdom Death:

Intro:

Kingdom death is going to be, put as simply as possible, a survival/horror/crafting game -- everyone starts naked with just a sharp stone and a lantern surrounded by unbroken darkness and lurking horrors. Players must survive, create a camp, and then build a community in this nightmare world with all the odds against them; hunting monsters and the environment for resources and materials to craft tools, armor, weapons and somehow a culture beyond the fear and terror that encircles them all.

Players will make and name characters, and choose or be assigned quirks and perks that make them unique or give them an edge. Not expected to survive forever (or even long) you must accomplish all you can and lead as best you can in order to provide an example for your characters to follow -- some traits will be passed on or change, gear will be divided or inherited, and skills and traditions will be passed on -- hopefully making every chapter of your dynasty more capable and powerful than the last...

And finally -- can the players and the community they make somehow push back the darkness and from the bones and skins of their predators overcome the ubiquitous fear and death that stalks at every turn?

(40k) Prosper, as Tau Shall:

Intro: (Tau Lore in 60 seconds)

Knowledge of 40k or the Tau is not really required for this RP, but people who like 40k and especially the Tau might find this concept more attractive. The objective of the game is for players to command representatives of the Tau Empire along chaotic and unknown frontiers of space, seek out new cultures and worlds -- and through diplomacy or strength of arms bring them into the Empire and get them to embrace the Tau's philosophy of "The Greater Good." The game is one part Space Exploration, one part co-operation vs. competition, and two parts Model UN --

The Tau explore World after world on a starmap, Each place in various states of crisis, Bedlam or stagnation and must discover the problems that make the various planets troubled and somehow establish peace and a new order so that they can be absorbed into the Tau empire. Tyrrany, Disease, Alien Races and Cultures, and all manner of Crises run rampant everywhere -- but beyond that, the potential for new expansion, assets and resources for the Empire and the Greater Good -- if you are brave, clever, and cunning enough to make peace out of the great disorder among the stars.

Different Tau Castes and Auxillary races are all different tools for solving a variety of problems. Can you choose and use these tools properly to "Progress, as Tau Shall?"
The Ethereal Leaders, the Castes, and the races that follow them are waiting for your Command!

Untamed Archipelago:

No Intro video!

life on the mainlands is pleasantly stable, if crowded, and peaceful.

However, the seas are filled with islands and archipelagos of wild untamed lands containing lost civilizations, hostile tribes, wild monsters, undead and best of all relics and treasures to be had. Each player starts with a Ship and crew, and can choose different ventures and goals for their adventure -- are you Traders seeking exotic goods and new markets to exploit? Are you Settlers looking for the perfect place to colonize? Are you Pirates in search of plunder? Explorers looking for adventure and lost treasures? Or are you soldiers trying to bring Law and peace to new lands without them? Are you Natives to the islands preserving your culture and warding away the intruders? Perhaps you have a venture all your own idea!

COME TO THE ARCHIPELAGOS!

Ventures compete or cooperate to overcome obstacles and enemies (and perhaps even one another for those daring to be Outlaws) and pacify the islands and liberate them of their goods and treasures. Called "The godless isles" by outsiders -- they must first be explored, the means to survive and thrive must be made in a variety of strange and exotic environments, Each needing to be pacified of monsters and brought peace (or conquest) of the natives if necessary.

As each set of islands is pacified the island is given to one of the various faiths (and/or claimed by a player or given to an Empire) that will make the island more habitable and civilized, and the conquered islands become jumping off points for even further, stranger, and more dangerous island conquests....

This game is set in a high fantasy world of crude blackpowder weapons and powerful magic and a diverse variety of monsters and humanoid races.

Decide your Venture, Pick your Ship and Crew, and begin your adventures on the high seas!

These are my main ideas, can any of these get enough players for a good group RP? I have other concepts but I wanted to shop these out first.

Some other ideas (put briefly) I mention below and may develop as well but I wanted to put these forward first!

Yours Truly,

Beck

Yes, you are a gentleman and a scholar, so I am interested.

I'm down for any of them, but my favorite is the Tau one for sure.

interested in the archipelago with tau as a secondary pick

I like the sound of the Archipelago, but I'm willing to delve into any of the others.

I was torn between Untamed Archipelago and Kingdom Death but the voice of Van Helsing has swayed my answer: Kingdom Death.

Archipelago would be my first choice. Time to sneeze on some natives and steal their lunch money.

It would be interesting to play any of them but the Untamed Archipelago calls to me a bit more than the others, I'd be interested for sure

This is more than enough interest, and I'll check over everything, but I think Archipelago wins by a landslide. I'll give extra consideration to folks who weren't in my last RP so I can make new friends and share the love -- but as players lose/die (and players will lose/die) people who aren't in the first string will be added. -- oh yeah, and CONCEPTS will impact who joins first too.

Keep an eye on this tread and I'll post tonight a way to submit a character/venture concept. When we have enough/the coolest characters/concepts for the game, I'll ask a few questions about game structure and mechanics... and we'll get the game rolling asap!

WE'RE GOING TO THE ISLANDS MATES AND LASSES!!!! MORE TO COME SOON!

-Beck

This is more than enough interest, and I'll check over everything, but I think Archipelago wins by a landslide. I'll give extra consideration to folks who weren't in my last RP so I can make new friends and share the love -- but as players lose/die (and players will lose/die) people who aren't in the first string will be added. -- oh yeah, and CONCEPTS will impact who joins first too.

Keep an eye on this tread and I'll post tonight a way to submit a character/venture concept. When we have enough/the coolest characters/concepts for the game, I'll ask a few questions about game structure and mechanics... and we'll get the game rolling asap!

WE'RE GOING TO THE ISLANDS MATES AND LASSES!!!! MORE TO COME SOON!

-Beck
1647818120379.png
HYPED!!!!

Interested with Kingdom Death and the Archipelago idea if there's still space open!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back