• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [MULTIFANDOM] *+|| ๐™ฟ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐šœ๐šŽ ||+* (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I just don't want to be unconfident when I post. I've only played canon characters, but I left a lot of the fandoms I was a part of so there wasn't much I could lean back on. But I really wanted to be a part of this rp, the roster of characters felt like great opportunities for great interactions and moments. But how am I supposed to rp if I don't feel I can rely on my ocs to be good enough, they've been sitting around for years but their stories are completed. I don't feel like I'll be engaging enough.
Well, based on my own experience, you just gotta keep throwing your ocs out there so people can get to know them better, and then that's where the engagement starts to take off. Just my experience tho, not trying to sway you one way or another. I do hope you stay and manage to have fun tho!

Well, based on my own experience, you just gotta keep throwing your ocs out there so people can get to know them better, and then that's where the engagement starts to take off. Just my experience tho, not trying to sway you one way or another. I do hope you stay and manage to have fun tho!
But are my ocs even interesting? I mean conceptionally they are but in execution it feels like I'm lacking. I couldn't keep their personality consistent in my few attempts at posing in the ic. It feels like I don't have a strong attachment to them, I want to create a character to just lore dump or fill pages of my sketchbooks with like others do.

But are my ocs even interesting? I mean conceptionally they are but in execution it feels like I'm lacking. I couldn't keep their personality consistent in my few attempts at posing in the ic. It feels like I don't have a strong attachment to them, I want to create a character to just lore dump or fill pages of my sketchbooks with like others do.
From what Iโ€™ve seen theyโ€™re interesting I think you shouldnโ€™t give up and just keeping on putting your ocs out there like Dovah said.

The cool thing about rps is that even if they're stories are completed, it gives characters an opportunity to develop themselves, sort of, being forced to play them out on the fly in an unfamiliar situation helps give you a better understanding of how you want to characterize your oc if you feel they are inconsistent or flat now, they wont be by the end of this rp, even if it dies half-way through you'll still get a chance to flesh them out in ways you never even thought of (i learned this with the character im playing now actually! rps have helped me make Doe more engaging and multi-faceted than i ever could have done on my own!)
At the end of the day we're just here to have fun! There's no pressure to be super consistent or anything. I hope you choose to stay, ur characters seem cool and id love to interact with them!

ANYWAYS, Doe is open for interactions!

The cool thing about rps is that even if they're stories are completed, it gives characters an opportunity to develop themselves, sort of, being forced to play them out on the fly in an unfamiliar situation helps give you a better understanding of how you want to characterize your oc if you feel they are inconsistent or flat now, they wont be by the end of this rp, even if it dies half-way through you'll still get a chance to flesh them out in ways you never even thought of (i learned this with the character im playing now actually! rps have helped me make Doe more engaging and multi-faceted than i ever could have done on my own!)
At the end of the day we're just here to have fun! There's no pressure to be super consistent or anything. I hope you choose to stay, ur characters seem cool and id love to interact with them!

ANYWAYS, Doe is open for interactions!
Doe sounds like fun to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back