• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Multi-character roleplays

NightmareWeaver

Hello, everyone! I've been craving one of those cool rps where we both play more than one character and we end up creating the entire world from scratch. I thought I'd make a thread about it. Most of my ideas are high fantasy, but I have a few others as well.

ABOUT ME
- I'm 21 and I've been roleplaying for over 6 years. This means that I have countless OCs and I'm still willing to make plenty more.

- I'm, at the very least, literate. This means that I tend to type over 3 paragraphs with good grammar, spelling and punctuation. I believe in quality over quantity, so I won't ask people to write me novels if their shorter replies are well written and offer me something to reply to. That being said, I'll be able to tell straight away if you're pushing yourself too hard to reach a certain length.

- I love ooc chatting, gushing about OCs, discussing new plot ideas, even sharing personal interests. It helps me be more invested in the rp and gives me motivation to reply more than usual!

- I'm capable of playing characters of any genders and sexual orientations. I have female, male and nonbinary OCs. However, I've had some bad experiences with rps in which I'm only allowed to play males, so I won't be doing that for this one.

- Fantasy and romance are my favorite genres and I looove combining them. But I do prefer slow burn romance and I tend to make it a subplot in original plot rps.

- I'm a sucker for villainous, anti-hero and morally grey characters. If you have an OC like that, I will probably simp very hard for them. Also, weird creatures are another thing I'm obsessed with. Always bring your creepy creature OCs if you have them.

- My response frequency ranges from several replies a day to responding once a week. But since we're in the middle of summer vacation right now, I should be responding pretty often, unless something comes up. Feel free to send reminders every two or three days if the need comes!

- I'm ghost friendly. It's also completely fine if you leave for several months or even a year and then request that we continue our old rp or start a new one. Life happens, inspiration comes and goes, this is just a hobby. Don't feel guilty if you need to take a break for some time.

- I try my very best not to ghost people and I don't do it often, but I've had some people react violently to me rejecting them or giving up on rps, so I sometimes do it to people I don't know well. If you notice I haven't replied in a while, shoot me a message, maybe let me know you won't get mad about me losing interest and it's pretty likely that I'll let you know what my situation is.

EXPECTATIONS
-I would prefer that you also be literate. Like I said, I don't expect huge replies when you lack inspiration or there isn't anything to write that much about. But it would be nice if you could include some detail in your response. And please, PLEASE have good grammar. A few mistakes here and there are fine, but if there's one in every sentence, it'll pull me out of the story.

- Be capable of creating a plot with me and doing some worldbuilding, bring in your own ideas. Don't just say you're fine with whatever and then let me do all the work. Roleplay is supposed to be done in two, otherwise I'd just be writing by myself.

- I would like it if you could play more than one character and preferably more than one gender. Don't come requesting that you only play one female main character. I'm always willing to create more than one pairing so that you still get to play as your prefered gender, as long as you allow me to do the same.

- Tell me if you don't like one of my ideas, if something makes you uncomfortable or if you're not very fond of one of my OCs. I promise I won't be mad. I'd rather you tell me than grow to dislike our rp because of one of the above.

- I will get bored is you don't let me include romance. Some people have tried rping exclusively platonic stuff with me and I usually lose interest. That being said, I'll let you romance any character I come up with as long as the pairing isn't immoral or goes against the character's sexuality.

IDEAS TO BUILD OFF OF
Crossed out text means I'm no longer looking for this/I've found enough partners for it.

- Town inhabited by magic users of all kinds (witches, warlocks, mages, wizards, necromancers, etc). Maybe it's being threatened by a magical creature. I have a cursed forest dwelling OC (they're nonbinary, masculine looking if that interests anybody) I could use for this one. It's meant to be centered around mountain forest adventures, maybe some studying of magic, faries, forest elves, all that green witch aesthetic stuff. Feel free to bring your own ideas.

-Modern setting, creepy old town full of messed up creatures. Could be based on a bunch of urban legends. We can have ghosts, monsters, vampires, shapeshifters, anything that makes your skin crawl. Our characters can be both human and nonhuman. Think of it as the type of story your find in American Horror Story.

- Tropical island filled with mermaids trying to appear human (this one is inspired by Sims 4, lmao). I have a siren OC I'd love to use for this one. We don't have to stop at mermaids, bring in sea monsters, water elementals, nonhuman pirates, hybrids of any sort. Setting can be modern or not. Maybe some of our characters ended up on the island by accident, have no way of leaving, but the locals don't want them there.

- Gods doing dumb shit. Similar to greek mythology, but I want us to come up with our own stupid gods, our own myths, creatures and crazy shenanigans.

- Evil demon emperor is slowly taking over the world. Somebody decides it's time to kill him. They have to travel the world to get to him and they end up gathering a bunch of other people who want to assasinate him. The emperor himself is among them, disguising himself as human for shits and giggles. He gets attached to the rest and they get attached to him (maybe somebody even falls in love). The world they travel through is full of dangerous lands, creatures and spirits that aren't always happy with our group, whatever crazy stuff we come up with. All I know is I want sentient mountains.

- A small group of people are trapped inside a forest, ruled by a sadistic god, who enjoys playing games with unsuspecting adventurers. They have to get out before the woods consume them, either by escaping or by defeating the god.

- A universal prison that's meant to hold hostage all-powerful beings from all over the universe that can't be killed and are too dangerous to be left free. This can be a mix of fantasy and sci-fi or just fantasy.

- Villain/supervillain school or college.

- Any other fantasy based ideas you might have yourself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back