• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Serenity had helped the raccoon looking thing(that’s what Serenity called it) and she was wondering through the halls, just watching everyone and then she went to the third floor. She didn’t end up going to Sunshine’s with Severynd and Nana. Then she noticed a seven foot tall buff dude walking through the halls. *Dang he’s is huge, and actually kind of cute* she thought, and decided to introduce herself. She walked up to him and said, “Hi, you look new, do you need any help?” She stuck out her hand.

SmallSailboat SmallSailboat

Lance was too busy looking at the room numbers to notice the small tuft of purple in front of him. He jolted a little when he heard her address him, tense but willing. He nodded bashfully, then looked to her hand. What was she expecting? His paper? His wallet? Oh! That looked like a handshake, like the one his coach had taught him.

He reached for the hand and gave a soft shake, mindful of his strength before he would retract far quicker than he had approached. Her hand was soft, unlike the callouses on his and the scales that crawled out from under his sleeve and stopped just below his knuckles. She asked if he needed help, maybe she was one of those student helpers Miss Morgan had mentioned. He offered her the paper with his schedule on it, pointing to the third listing. Health and Wellness. He had already plotted his course through the halls for the most part, he was simply missing one last piece.
TigerLover513 TigerLover513

“Oh, okay, do you want find this classroom?” Serenity asked holding the paper and smiling up at him, trying to be helpful. She was a little nervous but kept up her helpful attitude.

Fiona was, unfortunately, late. It wasn't necessarily her fault that the portal to the school malfunctioned, but it was what it was. Finally, she made her way into the courtyard. There were two other students there, looking like they were related. One was quietly reading, and the other was sitting on the damn table, having a casual smoke. Obviously, he was the rebel. She went up to the girl. "Reading anything good?" she asked.

Shagranoz Shagranoz

Emerald was well and truly taken over by the old tattered novel that sat on the table infront of her. She had one earpiece in, listening to her favorite style of music.
She was well and truly woven into the pages and sweet sounds, until it all came crashing down from the red head now standing beside her.
Em almost jumped out of her skin as she looked straight up at the girl talking to her.
She quickly looked down when she heard the voices again.
"It's just Emma..."

"I doubt you've ever heard of Jane Austen, Brave." Mercury looked the red head up and down with his electric blue eyes, as he referred Fiona to the child's movie.
He had been watching her the second she stepped foot into the court yard. He was always watching.
His adopted father had always referred to him as a raven always looking to find the next fresh piece of flesh.
Merc took another deep draw back of the cigarette before letting the smoke go ever so slowly from his lungs.
"But I guess you'll just say the opposite of whatever I say to prove me wrong."

Lance nodded to her eagerly, happy he had been understood as his tail flicked behind him in excitement. His first interaction was going well so far! She seemed nice. He gave a slight bow of his head in courtesy, hoping she would understand he was trying to say 'please'.

He followed her to the classroom, marking it on his map and staring intently at it, drawing a route with his finger based on his schedule. With a satisfied huff of air, it seemed he had figured it out, then looked to her with a small smile. For the first time since they had met, his lips began to move, mouthing as he touched his fingers to his chin and pushed outwards. Thank you.

Severynd Whinstek
Outside of the Auditorium
Nana & Serenity

Severynd frowned a bit as Serenity pointed out his stutter. He had gotten used to the question though, quickly dismissing the negativity as he gently shook Serenity's hand, nodding.
"I-It's just a condition."

He said simply. It wasn't more interesting than that, at least, that's what he wanted the two of them to think. He turned to see Nana's newly found energetic befriending, watching in amazement as she shifted form and escaped his view, only to fell her arms wrap around him as her head poked out from underneath his arm. He chuckled heartily with amusement, his deep voice booming lightly. It was rare for him to be pleased enough to laugh, and at that, it didn't look like he smiled beneath his bandages either. So she was a shifter, how intriguing. His face might have been hidden, but his eyes showed joy and amusement as Nana spoke. He wished he would laugh at her jokes, since they were really funny. He recognized the sarcasm and jokes too, having craved this kind of friendship for a while. It was until she threatened to eat him that he huffed a bit sarcastically.
"I th-think you'd have to take a c-couple bites at least."

He poked fun at his own size, something he was normally sensitive about. Nana's actions made him feel welcome and comfortable though, at least enough to let his emotional guard down. He watched the rabbit pat his chest and curl around in front of him as they began walking towards the restaurant. He watched the two of them before seeing Serenity wander off to help a student find her dorm, which he was thankful for. He would commend her the next time he saw her for being such a helpful peer. Now it was just Severynd and Nana, walking quietly except the soft thuds of his boots against the concrete pavement. Severynd cleared his throat.
"Y-You applied for the new position as librarian assistant, d-didn't you? Th-That'll make three of us now. Y-You'll like Lance, he's v-very nice, and mute. An interesting f-fellow, to say the least."
Severynd stuffed his hands into his pocket, making sure to match Nana's walking speed as to not make her uncomfortable. If this was his first friend of the year, he was going to be sure not to mess it up.
"D-Do you read a l-lot?"
Folly-Derrezzed Folly-Derrezzed

"Nhnhn, you are definitely gonna take some time to uh..wittle down." She giggled, walking in a sort of bounce. Her flowery skirt waving in the breeze. She looked back to realize that her enthusiasm was leaving the shadower in dusty clouds. She slowed down a bit and smiled from his question. "I dont read, usually. Its too quiet. However, last year when i was in the library i saw how much of a mess it was. Students placing things in the wrong shelves, i felt obligated to help. Thats when I discovered the manga section, while small, it was when i began peaking interest in literature, yknow?" She explained, walking backwards in front of him.

She looked up in thought, humming softly. "Id suppose that really inspired my respect..so the three of us? You, me, and Larz-no, Lance. Means well get plenty done! Brother says that proper organization is a basic necessity in any force." She shrugged. Nana always thought he was right. A bright role model for her. In her appreciation, she stumbled over a thick branch that had broken from a old damp tree. Her fur bristled in the draft as she landed, back against the gritty pavement. She made a squeak upon impact, as well as a thick metallic clonk. Like a massive sandbag hitting the floor. "Excuse me as i destroy the mountain one fall at a time." She giggled, picking at her own clumsiness. She turned to her side and got up, dusting off her uniform.

Severynd Whinstek
Traveling
Nana

Severynd listened carefully as she walked in front of him. Nana was a very casual conversationist, sometimes that was a big deal for him, seeing as many people became too frustrated with his stutter to keep a conversation going. Her remark about a cluttered library made him scratch the back of his head with an awkward sigh.
"Y-Yeah, it can get pretty hard t-to keep up with all th-the kids laying the b-books about."
Severynd took note at her hobby of manga. It had been a while, but he had read quite a few when he was younger, often flipping through them when he was too tired to focus on lines of long text. The art always impressed him as well. His eyes sharpened as she fell, swinging to catch her just a moment too late. He gave another slight chuckle to her remark as they continued to walk.
"I-It's good to take your e-elders advice. S-Sometimes I wish I had an e-elder to explain things to me, I h-have a lot of unanswered questions... I th-think Sunshine's is j-just around the corner."

"My gourd, it shouldnt be that hard to just put stuff back!" Once the restaurant was announced to be just..right there..she watered at the mouth. Or it could be digestive juice her mites secrete as when it fell to the pavement, the rock began to erode for a second. "So what does this place sell? Breakfast orr..what is the best item on the menu?" She looked up to the giants face, just noticing the mask or rather..bandages that covered his mouth. She looked rather curious, her lips parted just slightly to exhale a thin breath. She looked away to not be rude. "I would take ypu to meet brother, but i think he wouldnt like 'organic beings' within his lab. And by lab, i mean an abandoned underground facility." She chuckled. He was always tied in with his work. Always there to help with homework.

Severynd Whinstek
Sunshine
Nana

Severynd blinked as he watched the spots of erosion being left behind them. He looked back to her, watching her stare for a moment without bother. To expect people not to wonder would just be ridiculous, after all. He reached out to the door, opening it for Nana as he looked inside.
"I-I think they sell quite a b-bit. I n-normally just order their s-steaks since they're rather inexpensive. W-What do you usually eat?"
It's not that he expected her to say anything too strange, but she did threaten to eat him earlier. He watched her as they entered, wondering if her brother was anything like her. He envied having a sibling, but came to terms with that problem years ago. His gold eyes looked to the side as his thoughts wandered, glad this Nana knew how lucky she was.
"Do y-you have any plans after s-school?"

She hissed, locking her fingers together and hooking them around her neck as she thought. "Auughss..There are way too many things that Ive eaten. Brother usually cooks me a Cubanos sandwich. Gourd...if only you had one, its the best thing. Other than that, Im not exactly a picky eater. I can definitely tell you the strangest thing Ive eaten. There is this fruit. Its all spiky and yellow and smells absolutely wretched. Overwhelms the senses. Its kinds the first thing i wouldn't eat willingly."

She bowed as he opened the door for her. Oh so gentlemanly, she thought as the cool tile met the underside of her wide fluffy feet. She looked around to the tables clothed in velvet. She motioned him in, her ears stiff on her head. "Id suppose that ill take the same thing as you. Otherwise your wallet would actually self destruct. Nhnhnhn." She thought of some questions during their time. Severynd seems to be a interesting individual, rather nervous in her presence. "Yknow, Severynd, you have very pretty eyes. Ive never seen a human with gold before. Betcha kill every lady" She teased, sitting down in a seat that she pulled from under a table. She enjoyed how they sparkled in the sunlight much like yellow diamond. Not that she couldnt think of a similarly colored silicate.. "I dont really do much outside of clubs. Just lay around and watch prime time television..maybe read some manga or eat swiss rolls." She said while crossing her arms and legs, leaning onto the table while resting her chin on her wrists. Her ears drooped very slowly to the sides of her head as the tuft of fur that was squished between them popped into full volume, hanging down her forehead to which she blew away with a upward breath, raking her fingers though it.

Serenity could tell that he was mouthing, ‘thank you’ and replied with, “Yeah, no problem anytime,” brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. “Did you want anything else, maybe want to see the school some more?” Serenity was really into him and was trying to hang out with him as much as possible. “I’m Serenity by the way, and you are?” she said trying not to lay to many questions on him at once.

Penny didn't know how long she had been floating, long enough to forget what she was done.
Then she remembered, the bed. Unsticking her unblinked eye from the ceiling, she let out a hiss of pain, before floating back down to what i would be 'eye-level'.

"I'll head down to the 1st floor and ask a teacher or someone in one of the offices. Now, do I want to take the stairs? Or the elevator?"
She took out her dice again, a d4, because they don't make d2s. She rolled the dice...
"A 2, the elevator it is! Oh, they play 'Silent Whisper'" <3

Feeling:
Enjoying the music

Lance nodded again, his smile turning more genuine. Would you look at that, he was already making friends! Maybe this wouldn't be as scary as he thought. He took the map out again, pointing to the lake. He liked the water, which was unusual for his kind outside of a specific tribe, which he wasn't born to. He wouldn't know any of this though, not intent on taking a swim anyway. He would only swim when he was certain he would be alone, and he could never be certain of that here. The gold trim around his silver coined eyes would glow happily, but dim in his embarrassment. He would have to weave now, as he wasn't quite skilled at signing yet, and he had been taught his magic first.

His fingers would begin to move as though he were braiding hair, or a spider making a web, and in seconds his letters would appear in the same hue as his limbal rings. "My name is Lance. I hope my magic doesn't bother you, but I can't speak, and I'm not good at signing yet. It's nice to meet you." He then pointed between the words and himself to tell her he made them before they would dissipate, the light taking back its natural shape as soon as possible.
Location: moving to first floor of main building, towards the lake

Last edited:
“Nice to meet you too,” Serenity said smiling. “That’s so cool,” she said trying to touch one. “So you want to go to the lake? Sure,” she said, holding out her hand for him to take it. Serenity realized it might have been to fast and put it back at her side. She looked into his eyes, his beautiful eyes. She took off her hat and moved her hair around a bit by putting her hat back on hey were of going through the halls to the lake. She kept a slow pace so they could walk together.

"I'm Irish, not Scottish," Fiona replied. "We're the ones who gave the Scots the kilts as a joke, they just happened to take it seriously. And yes, I've heard of Jane Austen. Dimly." She extended her hand for a shake. "Fiona O'Malley, banshee. At your service."

The horns on Lance's head tilted to one side, appearing confused. Had she wanted another handshake? That seemed strange, but then again he was in a school with strange people, maybe it was normal for her. She pulled away just as quickly as she had come, maybe she was trying to break a habit. Lance had a lot of habits he wanted to break, like hiding under the table when he got scared. Miss Morgan scolded him for that, saying he was too big now to do that anymore, since it often resulted it clearing the table's contents onto the floor.

He was quite accustomed to taking a slow walk, as his foster mother was only five foot even, so he kept his long strides in check as a habit he wanted to keep. He accompanied her outside and heard voices, and one in particular stood out to him, the stress in it enough to catch his attention. Labored breaths, loud volume, it sounded like someone was in trouble. It wouldn't be audible to normal ears, but his horns picked things up differently. He felt compelled to approach, but changed his mind once he came upon the scene.

He found two people up front as they came back down, another surge of confusion. The girl looked quite flustered, as though she had just run a very long mile, while the other person, a boy, sat at the table. How had he missed him earlier? He must not have been paying attention. That thought made him feel silly, since the table was labeled as a guide to help new students. Oh well, he had met Serenity instead, and now he could meet these two. The girl didn't seem too happy though, perhaps now wasn't the best time to try introducing himself...
TigerLover513 TigerLover513 Shame Shame
specters specters
Location: at the gates, a little turned around since the lake is the other way xD

Shagranoz Shagranoz

Emerald looked up and slipped her other headphones into her left ear. She ever so gently shook Fiona's hand and looked up into her eyes. "Emerald Gamine-Anderson." She smiled ever so faintly up at the bright girl looking down at her.
Her hand was thin and slender and Fiona would have to almost be careful as if it where fine china.
"And the chimney here is my twin. Mercury."

Merc let out a deep chuckle as his sister called him a chimney.
He looked away from the girls and then stood up.
"I'll leave you two to it."

He walked to the front gates with his cigarette in hand and couldn't help put smerk evily when he saw the tall horned giant.
He walked with his usual swagger over to the gate and leaned up again the other side of it and scanned it from head to toe.
"What the hell are you supposed to be?"
His harsh comment went flying straight as the beast infront of him.
He took another deep draw back of the cigarette and then put it out of the fence and flicked the bud away into the garden.
He slowly let out the last cherished breath of the rich smoke.
TigerLover513 TigerLover513 Shame Shame
specters specters

Diana Castellan
Location | Entrance

~ ☓ ~​

Before attending the First-Year Orientation, Diana made it a priority to secure a spot on the grass where the trees were sparse and the sun directed all its unyielding rays, for other people at least. When it came to Diana, the possessor of skin which can absorb every slither of a proton and utilize it for energy, a power source, or to do simple things like run quicker than normal. During the Headmistress’ speech to the freshman, she was elsewhere, taking up more of the wooden bench than she should, one leg is lazily crossed while the other is up— her gladiator sandals resting on the chipping wood. As the headmistress went on about such things, a bluebird flutters onto a branch nearby a tall tree outside of the Auditorium. It shakes its feathers happily at the blazing heat. A girl sits next to her, because of the space Diana is taking up, the girl is being pushed into the person beside her.

A scream of pain, Diana heard from beside her, the yelp pulls her back inside of the auditorium, where she looks at the girl—her eyes wide and her finger is softly being suckled on in her mouth. “You burned me!”

Shaking her head and rolling her eyes, the last thing she heard was the headmistress dismissing them. “Maybe don't touch me, then?” she said, matter of factly and seeming to chastise the girl when she should have apologized. Then, Diana gathers herself, hopping up from the bench and dispersing along with the rest of the students.

Oh man!” she exclaims, stretching short arms outward and basking in the glorious heat. A lone bee buzzes near her pale yellow dress with the pink embroidered flowers. “That hits the spot.” Diana has a light raspy voice, which can and usually is brash and lively, but during serious situations, Diana is known to obtain a solemn disposition and speaks softly, but loud enough for others to hear her clearly.

Scanning the clearing for any familiar faces or those who might need help with her bright eyes, she tries to put on a friendly front and not look menacing. Not that she did look menacing at all, but sometimes people saw the flame bright hair and go in the other direction. Firestarters, they called them. It was not a term of endearment. Not every firestarter had the flaming red hair which she did, some were as black as soot. One person upperclassmen, in particular, came to mind—her name might be Rosalinda.

Diana stood idly outside of the academy. If no one needed her, then she would shift gears and head to the main building, where returning students could retrieve room keys, dorm assignments and class schedules.

Interactions | None, Open
Current Outfit |
If Curious
Mentions | Shame Shame
Nearby | Anyone Still Outside

Last edited:
Fiona flashed a winning smile at Emerald. "Glad to meet you, Emerald." The banshee sat down next to her new friend. "So, tell me about you and your brother. What are you guys? Witches? Werewolves? Something more exotic?"

Shagranoz Shagranoz

Emerald was slightly taken back by the bright ray of sunshine that just sat herself down next to her. She had never had anyone interested in her before. Most people would just see her as an underweight girl, with black hair and black clothes and leave her well alone.
But this bright sunbeam was actually wanting in engage with her in a conversation. Most conversations she would have at her old school was well.... none actually.
She looked back down at her book so she could listen to Fiona's words.
"I... I think we're just abnormal humans. Freaks of nature."
She actually had no idea what her brother and herself were. She knew they had to be something of significant difference to be accepted into this school, but she didn't know what.
"What can your screams do?"

The two girls almost looked the same age. Em knew that she was older then the girl. Fiona was 14 were she was 17, unfortunately Em did look a lot younger for her age due to her disorder.
Then it crossed her mind... how the hell did she know how old the red head sitting beside her was? She hadn't even asked her!
It was happening again. She hatted this. Why couldn't she just be normal!

Fiona blanched a little bit. Even among supernaturals, the stuff she was about to discuss wasn't exactly polite conversation. "Well... we're reapers, I guess you could say. The scream is how we kill the dying, so we can take them to the afterlife. You don't need to worry about that, though- all I can do for right now is give you the mother of all migraines."

• DAMIEN HARTLEY
    7801403d962e92eebf4a1589a91afd16.jpg
    EXTRAS LOCATION: Outside, Front Gate
    INTERACTING WITH: Shame Shame LibbyM098 LibbyM098 (I assume Merc is talking to Damien?)
    MOOD: Calm, playful

Damien had been at the school for a long while, and often he'd opted to stay at the school during summer time, more for his own safety than anything. He worried that if he returned home, he'd be lynched, and his mother would be a target as well. He still remembered that day when he was young, the first exposure he'd had to his own abilities. Those abilities had killed a girl, because he couldn't control them.

He was more than happy to receive the letter from the academy, it was an opportunity for him to learn about himself and the things he could do. The years he'd spent here so far had gone fairly well, and he'd already learned so much about what he could do and who he was. He stood now at the front gate, a light smile on his face and an expensive looking camera hanging from his neck. As an RA he'd been assigned to help guide new students into the auditorium, and he figured it'd be a perfect opportunity to also snap some pictures for yearbook.

He saw a girl approaching, looking quite pissed and literally radiating heat. Once in front of him, she threw her luggage down and faced him and he offered a small wave, "Hiya, glad to see you made it to the top safely." He started out. He grabbed his camera and snapped a quick picture of the girl, turning around very quickly with the camera in hand and showing her the screen, "That's a nice one! Would you mind if I put it in the yearbook this year? My name is Damien, by the way, and you would need to be heading into the auditorium, just that way." He said, pointing a slender finger towards the auditorium where new students would be mingling and getting the things that they needed.

Last edited:
Severynd Whinstek
Sunshine's
Nana

Severynd was pleased by her bow, few people being that formal that he knew. It impressed her that she could wield both blades like that, being so casual but still remembering her respect. He was quiet as she spoke, listening and observing her behaviors as he tried to learn as much as he could of the rabbit. He was clearly flustered by her comment, looking to the side quietly as he fixed the collar of his coat. It was a rare occurrence that he received a compliment from someone who wasn't Miss Cassandra, not that those weren't appreciated. His gold eyes shifted to look back at hers, blinking slowly as he took a seat with Nana.
"Th-Thank you, sometimes I f-forget I have gold eyes, to be h-honest. I-I don't know what I am a-anymore, but I don't think h-human is a proper description..."
He looked to his hands as he pulled them from his pockets. They were riddled with scars and stretch marks, as if his growth into this size was not at a natural rate. He didn't seem sad at all, but wondered what he'd classify as after everything that had happened. He looked back to Nana as he placed his hands on the table.
"I r-read any moment I can, u-usually. L-Literature was my g-guide with most of my problems. I-I was in a sort of foster home, y-you could call it. N-Naturally I turned to books."
Severynd watched her get acclimated in her seat, watching the tuff of hair puff away as she blew it. He mused with a hum that resembled his way of smiling. He decided to mimic her playfully, resting his chin in his palms as he leaned on the table, his size making him look rather comical in the position.
"W-What about you, Nana? W-where are you from b-before this Academy?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back