• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Mouse Kingdoms

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
You know those books Redwall? Or the RPG/comics mouse guard? Yes? No?

The dominant race in the world are mouses, although most rodents and a few other animals exist, like eagles, snakes, foxes (Only rodents are playable, so no playing as eagles, snakes or foxes)
Mouses and rodents have formed their own kingdoms, they function much like normal kingdoms, have royalty, are medieval/renaiisance age. And generally people wear clothes much like normal, like tunics, robes, dresses, there exists mouse knights, mouse shopkeepers, mouse blacksmiths, basically just imagine a renaissance age kingdom but mouses or other rodents.
The main different is that these animals are actual size, not scaled up for the sake of the world, so many parts of the world are undiscovered, and the society is more reflective to a kingdom of animals, so mouses would eat things like cheese, make straw houses, use needles as swords (because they are small and I find using needles cute) and so on.
Elements of supernatural and paranormal is very very limited in this world and only takes form as religious miracles, like a ghost of a dead rodent appearing or somebody having a vision, no actual spells or powers.
But there would be all kinds of playable characters, maybe you're a rat pirate? Or you're a cleric from one of the mouse temples, or you're a royal mouse, maybe you're a bard squirrel?
Or a knight mole?

I can think of all sorts of plots that could be written, I read so many redwall books as a kid and have plenty ideas as to where to go from.

Redwall was my SHIT

However, I have questions/concerns about a few logical things:

• Why NOT swords? If there are mouse blacksmiths and mouse knights, it should stand to reason that there would be swords or daggers, right? Why only needles and (theoretically) thumbtacks?
  • If they aren't scaled, mice would be easily the smallest in the world. Even the biggest rodent, the Capybara would be a hulking giant to a mouse. The dynamic to something like a cat would be interesting, but then again, there's a difference between hard to defeat in the case of a capybara or a hostile rabbit, and completely undefeatable due to size like an eagle, some dogs, wolves, etc.
  • Why straw? If there's a kingdom and, again, blacksmiths, could there also be things like rocks and sticks being used?
  • Is this set in human society?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back