• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [Mouse Guard] To Fight No More

Lord of Chaos

Elder Member
Supporter
1149 - The Winter War devastated the Territories and left thousands dead, despite driving the Weasels away.

1152 - Midnight's Rebellion turned the people against the Guard, and nearly destroyed it.

1155-1157 Stretched thin due to their waning numbers, the Guard is unable to meet the needs of the Territories; three harsh Winters in a row nearly shatter the already fragile cooperation of the Cities.

1158 - A mild year allows the Mouse Guard to recover some fraction of its former capabilities, and they try to rebuild what was lost.

1160 - A brilliant sciencemouse named Mildred claims to have discovered a way of strengthening the Scent Barrier to near absolute numbers, even being capable of blocking the Weasels out for good.

Gwendolyn, the Matriarch of the Mouse Guard, has decided to rest the future of the Territories on Mildred's invention. However, implementing it will require mice from throughout the Territories to work together on a scale not seen even during the Winter War. With trust and cooperation lower than it's ever been since the founding of the Guard, this appears to be a nearly impossible task. The only chance this plan has to succeed is if the Guard can convince the Territories to rise about their mouse natures and strive for the greater good.

This will be a chat-based RP using our teamspeak server. It will use the Mouse Guard rules, and be run on Mondays at 6pm central. The game is capped at 5 players. One member of the patrol will be the patrol leader, and the others may be either tenderpaws or guardmice.

Mouse Guard is a game about playing sentient mice. You are members of the Mouse Guard, aided with protecting and aiding the various semi-independent cities that collectively form the Territories. Despite being about talking animals, this is a very serious game. Nearly everything is larger, fiercer and higher on the food chain than mice. Foxes are giant monsters, puddles are vast lakes and a small snow drift can cost unwary travelers their lives.

I've got enough prepared for the campaign to start. How about we meet up next Monday (29th September) and handle character creation and other setup?

I guess a broken sword could count as a dagger or knife. Most of the group created characters together, but I can help you put someone together by next week if you want to join

Eventually. The picture I always have of him is with the broken sword, aragorn-style. Or was it reforged by Luke? I can never keep them apart in my memory, it's been ages since I read it

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to chaotic player schedules and end of the year craziness, this game will be going on hiatus until the new year. Next session: January 6, 2015

Users who are viewing this thread

Back