Experiences Most Uncomfortable Roleplay?

back in 2014 or 15, one of my chars had her friend killed by this gang in a dystopian RP, and they made her eat pieces of her friend's corpse + her own vomit at gunpoint

back in 2014 or 15, one of my chars had her friend killed by this gang in a dystopian RP, and they made her eat pieces of her friend's corpse + her own vomit at gunpoint

I never understand this “I hold a gun and it magically makes people do anything I say.” Especially in a roleplay scenario I would be like “oh it’s gonna be like that? Fine, my character gets shot and I am now free to do other things.

I feel like railroading is as much about pressuring people IRL as it is lazy writing. But I am the wrong kind of personality to try that on, cuz I a hundred percent call peoples bluff.

The bonus for me is I find it hilarious to watch people scramble around trying to back down and reverse course. Like oh shit you weren’t supposed to just say no.

I never understand this “I hold a gun and it magically makes people do anything I say.” Especially in a roleplay scenario I would be like “oh it’s gonna be like that? Fine, my character gets shot and I am now free to do other things.

I feel like railroading is as much about pressuring people IRL as it is lazy writing. But I am the wrong kind of personality to try that on, cuz I a hundred percent call peoples bluff.

The bonus for me is I find it hilarious to watch people scramble around trying to back down and reverse course. Like oh shit you weren’t supposed to just say no.
not FearRPing was against the rules - your character would get PKed if they did something negligent or got killed for being fearless. same thing applied to "banditry" though, so the gang would also get PKed if they got killed at any point.

sometimes people would get an "NLR" (new life rule) if their char died - the dead char is retconned as an NPC and they restart without memories of their death.

which may have happened if, say, my character did as they were told and got killed anyway, but i find NLR stupid so i'd probably take a PK

not FearRPing was against the rules - your character would get PKed if they did something negligent or got killed for being fearless. same thing applied to "banditry" though, so the gang would also get PKed if they got killed at any point.

sometimes people would get an "NLR" (new life rule) if their char died - the dead char is retconned as an NPC and they restart without memories of their death.

which may have happened if, say, my character did as they were told and got killed anyway, but i find NLR stupid so i'd probably take a PK

My point is if the other person is just going to railroad my character anyway I would take the out from the roleplay.

Because it seems unreasonable to expect someone to be so afraid of being shot they would eat another human being. That’s not normal human behavior.

So I’m like honestly it’s more in character for them to get shot by the gang due to being too terrified to comply. So either way I (the player) don’t have to deal with other peoples bullshit anymore and my character gets a ending that makes since for them.

My point is if the other person is just going to railroad my character anyway I would take the out from the roleplay.

Because it seems unreasonable to expect someone to be so afraid of being shot they would eat another human being. That’s not normal human behavior.

So I’m like honestly it’s more in character for them to get shot by the gang due to being too terrified to comply. So either way I (the player) don’t have to deal with other peoples bullshit anymore and my character gets a ending that makes since for them.
idk how similar this is, but one thing i do if my character is getting captured by someone and gets shot in the leg, i just say it struck their femoral artery and killed them lol

idk how similar this is, but one thing i do if my character is getting captured by someone and gets shot in the leg, i just say it struck their femoral artery and killed them lol

Exactly. Like unless it’s a one x one and we already plotted out the kidnapping, I usually just take the out and move on to new ideas.

If the other person gets mad they were probably a shitty partner anyway. If not then we can work together to come up with a new storyline.

I'm going to say the most uncomfortable role play I was in, it was one of the first, and I had this person I was role playing with for years where they wanted everything just like the vampire knight show. Right down to the characters name and the weird sibling relationship thing. Hey, I loved that anime when it came out. This person and their character and harpy way they role played insisting their character was the center of every plot. Yeah, almost ruined the vampire genre for me. It almost ruined role playing for me because this person tailed my role plays for years.
It was kind of a nightmare

Users who are viewing this thread

Back