• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern mosley lake - open

shapeshifter

broke b
— MOSLEY LAKE
a small village outside of boston, massachusetts; 1863
01. introduction.
mosley lake is a quiet village settled on a lake and surrounded by a forest. everybody knows everyone. each family is vital to the town, contributing in some way. it is generally quite a happy place, however recently it has been rocked with four disappearances. so far, three of the missing residents have turned up dead. each decedent has been killed in a different way. the first to turn up was walter harmon. the 52 year old was the local farmer. his farm supplied most of the food in mosely lake. he was found with his heart ripped from his chest. at first the locals thought it was some sort of animal attack, tragic but explainable. but when mary elizabeth burton disappeared and then was found with all the blood drained from her body, the village grew suspicious. she was the oldest daughter of the town preacher, richard burton. the 22 year old was set to marry edward keyes next month. finally, they knew something was very wrong when constance goodwin disappeared last week. she was found two days ago with her flesh eaten. the 76 year old widow was beloved by everyone.

the local detective is under serious pressure. they have only just begun their job as many of the village's men are off fighting in the war. they have no help aside from volunteers from the town and a city detective. also arriving to help is a spiritualist from salem. she was struck by the nature of these deaths and found a supernatural theme in each cause of death. now that a fourth resident has gone missing, the clock is ticking. the pressure is on to find the killer or killers before any more life is lost. but, in a village so small, it is hard to rule anyone out, even those who are helping to search for the culprit.

02. rules.
RULE 01. this is not first come, first serve. i will be accepting characters i feel best suit the rp

RULE 02. realistic faceclaims only (real pictures, no drawings. sorry!)

RULE 03. we will be using discord to plot and for ooc chatting

RULE 04. romance is not required, but it is welcome as long as it doesn't overshadow the plot

RULE 05. all rpn rules apply!

RULE 06. if you are having issues with another roleplayer, let me know. i'd be happy to help work things out

RULE 07. while i am allowing for some creative liberty, do keep in mind that this takes place in 1863

03. roles.
before i get into the roles, i do want to make a quick note. none of the roles are gender-locked. i know the gender roles in 1863 were pretty strict, but i'm going to take some creative liberty here and say that because there are many men away at war, women have stepped up in place of them. i'm also leaving the roles vague because i don't want to confine anyone to a specific personality

THE LOCAL DETECTIVE. new to their job and lacking in proper experience, they are quite nervous. nothing like this has happened in mosely lake before. though they are quite intelligent, they were not prepared for this. they knew they needed help and called in a city detective for assistance. (OPEN)

THE CITY DETECTIVE. while they are far more experienced than the local detective, they are still quite young. they are detached from the familiarity the local detective shares with both the victims and the potential suspects, so they are more objective. however, they grew up in the city and do not understand the dynamics of the village. (OPEN)

THE SPIRITUALIST. coming from salem, the spiritualist has a deep interest in the paranormal and supernatural creatures. once they noticed the cause of death of each victim mirrored the methods of different supernatural beings, they packed their bags and immediately made their way to mosely lake to offer a unique point of view. (TAKEN)

THE OUTSIDER. this individual belongs to a family of outcasts in mosely lake. the family lives on the very edge of town. they never were active in the church or the community, only interacting with the village if necessary. rumors about the family are often spread by the children of the village. (OPEN)

THE RECENT ARRIVAL. about a month before the first disappearance, they had first moved to mosely lake from philadephia. not much is known about them and the reason why they had decided to move from so far away. (OPEN)

FOUNDER'S DESCENDANT. their family was the first to live in what is now mosely lake, settling the land nearly 150 years ago. their family has been here ever since. the family is well regarded and the wealthiest family in town. (OPEN)

THE CORONER. the local doctor's oldest child. they have studied medicine just like their father, continuing the family business. however, in such a small place, the village doctor also acts as the coroner. they volunteered their insight as they had just finished their schooling are up to date on the latest teachings. (OPEN)

THE JOURNALIST. while they are in it for a good scoop, they are also quite a skilled investigator in their humble opinion. in exchange for their help, they request all access when writing up their story. (OPEN)

04. other.
hey everyone! i'm back w a sleepy hollow inspired murder mystery. essentially, we are going to be focusing on a group of individuals investigating the deaths of their neighbors and friends with the help of a couple outsiders. i was in the mood for something spooky and a good friend gave me an idea and i decided to run with it. i will put the appropriate links below once they are created!

code by @leviathan.

intro:

mosley lake is a quiet village settled on a lake and surrounded by a forest. everybody knows everyone. each family is vital to the town, contributing in some way. it is generally quite a happy place, however recently it has been rocked with four disappearances. so far, three of the missing residents have turned up dead. each decedent has been killed in a different way. the first to turn up was walter harmon. the 52 year old was the local farmer. his farm supplied most of the food in mosely lake. he was found with his heart ripped from his chest. at first the locals thought it was some sort of animal attack, tragic but explainable. but when mary elizabeth burton disappeared and then was found with all the blood drained from her body, the village grew suspicious. she was the oldest daughter of the town preacher, richard burton. the 22 year old was set to marry edward keyes next month. finally, they knew something was very wrong when constance goodwin disappeared last week. she was found two days ago with her flesh eaten. the 76 year old widow was beloved by everyone.

the local detective is under serious pressure. they have only just begun their job as many of the village's men are off fighting in the war. they have no help aside from volunteers from the town and a city detective. also arriving to help is a spiritualist from salem. she was struck by the nature of these deaths and found a supernatural theme in each cause of death. now that a fourth resident has gone missing, the clock is ticking. the pressure is on to find the killer or killers before any more life is lost. but, in a village so small, it is hard to rule anyone out, even those who are helping to search for the culprit.

rules:

RULE 01. this is not first come, first serve. i will be accepting characters i feel best suit the rp

RULE 02. realistic faceclaims only (real pictures, no drawings. sorry!)

RULE 03. we will be using discord to plot and for ooc chatting

RULE 04. romance is not required, but it is welcome as long as it doesn't overshadow the plot

RULE 05. all rpn rules apply!

RULE 06. if you are having issues with another roleplayer, let me know. i'd be happy to help work things out

RULE 07. while i am allowing for some creative liberty, do keep in mind that this takes place in 1863

roles:

before i get into the roles, i do want to make a quick note. none of the roles are gender-locked. i know the gender roles in 1863 were pretty strict, but i'm going to take some creative liberty here and say that because there are many men away at war, women have stepped up in place of them. i'm also leaving the roles vague because i don't want to confine anyone to a specific personality

THE LOCAL DETECTIVE. new to their job and lacking in proper experience, they are quite nervous. nothing like this has happened in mosely lake before. though they are quite intelligent, they were not prepared for this. they knew they needed help and called in a city detective for assistance. (OPEN)

THE CITY DETECTIVE. while they are far more experienced than the local detective, they are still quite young. they are detached from the familiarity the local detective shares with both the victims and the potential suspects, so they are more objective. however, they grew up in the city and do not understand the dynamics of the village. (OPEN)

THE SPIRITUALIST. coming from salem, the spiritualist has a deep interest in the paranormal and supernatural creatures. once they noticed the cause of death of each victim mirrored the methods of different supernatural beings, they packed their bags and immediately made their way to mosely lake to offer a unique point of view. (TAKEN)

THE OUTSIDER. this individual belongs to a family of outcasts in mosely lake. the family lives on the very edge of town. they never were active in the church or the community, only interacting with the village if necessary. rumors about the family are often spread by the children of the village. (OPEN)

THE RECENT ARRIVAL. about a month before the first disappearance, they had first moved to mosely lake from philadephia. not much is known about them and the reason why they had decided to move from so far away. (OPEN)

FOUNDER'S DESCENDANT. their family was the first to live in what is now mosely lake, settling the land nearly 150 years ago. their family has been here ever since. the family is well regarded and the wealthiest family in town. (OPEN)

THE CORONER. the local doctor's oldest child. they have studied medicine just like their father, continuing the family business. however, in such a small place, the village doctor also acts as the coroner. they volunteered their insight as they had just finished their schooling are up to date on the latest teachings. (OPEN)

THE JOURNALIST. while they are in it for a good scoop, they are also quite a skilled investigator in their humble opinion. in exchange for their help, they request all access when writing up their story. (OPEN)

other:

hey everyone! i'm back w a sleepy hollow inspired murder mystery. essentially, we are going to be focusing on a group of individuals investigating the deaths of their neighbors and friends with the help of a couple outsiders. i was in the mood for something spooky and a good friend gave me an idea and i decided to run with it. i will put the appropriate links below once they are created!

Looks really neat! Might be interested in the journalist but I need to see what I have on my plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back