Moonrise [Exalted 2.5e] (Privately Recruited, Sign-Ups Closed)

Teal

Certifiably Political
Afternoon, RPdom. Posting a thread as per the rules (step 1!) for requesting a forum to run an RP in on this site. As the title indicates, I've completed recruitment privately and have seven committed players, which is all I'm comfortable with right now. Might change in the future, of course.

My players (they're a good group of roleplayers from out-of-forum) already know the details of the project, but I'll put a few things down for the staff (and any other interested readers, I suppose).

Quick Version: The game is an extensively Houseruled Exalted 2.5e game, set in the West, which will follow the separate stories of a mixed group of Exalted, mortals and otherwise, as they attempt to survive the last decade of the Age of Sorrows. Goal is to explore the individual heroic potential of characters in Exalted, by having players pursue their motivations individually, while negotiating the active forces of other established factions. I expect horrible things to happen!

The Format - Experimental, but the present plan is to use a mix of forum and a public pad. All my players have the link to the pad already. Not sure what the precise mix will be as of yet - I'd like to strike a balance between well-described scenes, carefully thought-out action and speed. My current assumption is with seven players running separate stories most of this will be carried out in a play-by-post style, with battles happening on the pad. This'll probably change as time passes as I fine-tune things. Dice-rolls will be carried out using the built-in one.

Houserules! - Some big element changes: Thaumaturgy has been enhanced significantly, as has the quality of life of most mortals by consequence. Dots and charms will depreciate after prolonged disuse, but XP is no longer necessary for growth. Solar-power levels will be reduced. Abyssals and Infernals are treated as Solars aligned to the Underworld or Hell, not different things. Deathlords can no longer Exalt people. Aaaand a bunch of other stuff. It's all on a list I've made and update whenever I need to - my players have been advised of any changes that are relevant to their characters.

Anywho, excuse me while I go herd some cats (ie, whip my players until they post in here and prove they exist). Should trickle in over the next few days - they're all newish here. ...as I am also new to the forum, please tell me if I've done anything wrong in this/need to include more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teal said:
Afternoon, RPdom. Posting a thread as per the rules (step 1!) for requesting a forum to run an RP in on this site. As the title indicates, I've completed recruitment privately and have seven committed players, which is all I'm comfortable with right now. Might change in the future, of course.
My players (they're a good group of roleplayers from out-of-forum) already know the details of the project, but I'll put a few things down for the staff (and any other interested readers, I suppose).

Quick Version: The game is an extensively Houseruled Exalted 2.5e game, set in the West, which will follow the separate stories of a mixed group of Exalted, mortals and otherwise, as they attempt to survive the last decade of the Age of Sorrows. Goal is to explore the individual heroic potential of characters in Exalted, by having players pursue their motivations individually, while negotiating the active forces of other established factions. I expect horrible things to happen!

The Format - Experimental, but the present plan is to use a mix of forum and a public pad. All my players have the link to the pad already. Not sure what the precise mix will be as of yet - I'd like to strike a balance between well-described scenes, carefully thought-out action and speed. My current assumption is with seven players running separate stories most of this will be carried out in a play-by-post style, with battles happening on the pad. This'll probably change as time passes as I fine-tune things. Dice-rolls will be carried out using the built-in one.

Houserules! - Some big element changes: Thaumaturgy has been enhanced significantly, as has the quality of life of most mortals by consequence. Dots and charms will depreciate after prolonged disuse, but XP is no longer necessary for growth. Solar-power levels will be reduced. Abyssals and Infernals are treated as Solars aligned to the Underworld or Hell, not different things. Deathlords can no longer Exalt people. Aaaand a bunch of other stuff. It's all on a list I've made and update whenever I need to - my players have been advised of any changes that are relevant to their characters.

Anywho, excuse me while I go herd some cats (ie, whip my players to post in here and prove they exist). Should trickle in over the next few days - they're all newish here. ...as I am also new to the forum, please tell me if I've done anything wrong in this/need to include more information.
You don't need to make any Looking for Group threads ever to get a forum on RPdom unless you wish to recruit.

You can submit your RP here :) http://www.rpdom.com/submit-roleplay

Well, that's embarrassing. To Step 2! ...sometime tonight, probably.

Thanks Wizard.

Edit: Ah, wait, now I remember - I needed them to tell me their account names. I don't have all of them yet - some of them may not have made their accounts either. This recruitment thread will have to stand for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teal said:
Well, that's embarrassing. To Step 2! ...sometime tonight, probably.
Thanks Wizard.

Edit: Ah, wait, now I remember - I needed them to tell me their account names. I don't have all of them yet - some of them may not have made their accounts either. This recruitment thread will have to stand for now.
You can still proceed if you want.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]You can still proceed if you want.

[/QUOTE]
I can? /does not know the rules!

Teal said:
I can? /does not know the rules!
Yes :P .

Though take your time if you don't want to rush it. The Application will be getting even easier in the future!

Teal said:
Anywho, excuse me while I go herd some cats (ie, whip my players until they post in here and prove they exist). Should trickle in over the next few days.
Just have a little faith!

Users who are viewing this thread