• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Moonlit Crusade

Certainly Not a Witch! - 6
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1 - INTERLUDE:
Certainly Not a Witch!

10 - 15 - 17 (MORNING)
Ruined Town
Knowing that he cannot let things just go by without taking action, he decides to brave into the dangerous scenario. But since he has very little combat experience, let alone capability, all he can do is hope that things go well as he expects it to be.

He rushed out of his hiding place, and immediately ran towards the group of idle Saracens, who watched as their comrade from afar slowly make his way to enact the old woman's demise. Fortunately, the chaos going on from afar made quite the volume of noises that Alton wasn't noticed until it was too late.

Alton crashed into on of the armed Saracens, causing a chain reaction that made them push each other, until they eventually fell on top of other as they dropped to the ground with a loud thud. Of course, the isolated Saracen was alerted by such a noise, causing him to turn around and acknowledge Alton's presence.

The standing Saracen shouted at Alton and unsheathed a curved sword.

What will Alton do next?
Run and get chased.
Stand his ground.

For more info on the story, please click this link.

✧ stand his ground

who knows what'll happen to the ol' lady while he's being chased around? better ensure her survival first.

Certainly Not a Witch! - 7
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1 - INTERLUDE:
Certainly Not a Witch!

10 - 15 - 17 (MORNING)
Ruined Town
Concerned by the welfare of the poor old lady, Alton opted to stand his ground and face the soldier who charged at him. Sure, the soldier's allies are recovering and will soon join the sole warrior on taking down Alton, but he knew the risks and his decision was final - he will see this situation through.

The soldier ran at him, as he yelled at his comrades on the ground and repeated pointed at Alton with his sword. It was quite obvious that he was calling or perhaps ordering them to get at the young lad.

Alton, on the other hand, though useless by facts alone, kept a brave facade and planted his feet on the ground. He raised both of his hands up, as if imitating a boxer. While the young lad has had his fill with school brawls and whatnot, his actual combat experience was nothing compared to these dangerous folks about to beat him down.

Fortunately for him, before the charging man could reach him with the tip of his curved sword. Alton was saved by something completely unexpected.

What saved Alton?
A spear that flew from the sidelines.
A swift-moving figure clad in armor.
A ball of blue, glowing flame.
An averagely-dressed man tainted by blood.

Certainly Not a Witch! - 8
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1 - INTERLUDE:
Certainly Not a Witch!

10 - 15 - 17 (MORNING)
Ruined Town
In the blink of an eye, a mysterious glowing ball of blue flame burst through the scene, striking the charging soldier on the head, knocking him down to the ground which left him unconscious. This sphere of fire remained floating above the unconscious body before Alton.

Intrigued by it, Alton reached out to touch it with the tip of his finger. But to his surprise, it moved away, avoiding making contact with him. Of course, after seeing this, Alton continued to do various attempts on touching the floating ball of fire, only for it to dodge everything he threw at it.

Frustrated, he picked up a pebble. But before he could launch it towards the ball of fire, a familiar voice came from the sidelines and called his attention.

"I won't do that if I were you.", it said.

Alton turned to see where the voice came from, and as he had expected, it was a familiar figure - the witch, err, enchantress from earlier.

How will Alton act?
Inquisitive.
Cautious.
Grateful.
Assertive.

I would appreciate if Alton were to be a kind and brownie point-scoring man, so, >Grateful is what he shall be.

Certainly Not a Witch! - 9
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1 - INTERLUDE:
Certainly Not a Witch!

10 - 15 - 17 (MORNING)
Ruined Town
Recognizing the familiar figure, Alton took a cautionary step backward. He looked at her intently, before averting his gaze to turn his attention to the fallen soldier's comrades, who should have struck him down by now.

Much to his surprise, the glowing blue flame that was before him earlier was now above a pile of unconscious bodies belonging to those Saracens. The old woman eventually stood up and hurriedly escaped the scene. While Alton would have appreciated at least a gesture of gratitude for his actions, he was simply relieved to find that he had, in a certain manner, saved her from an untimely demise.

But back to the matter at hand, Alton's gaze followed the glowing blue flame as it floated its way to the witch-err, enchantress. There, it encircled her rapidly before disappearing into thin air as it made contact with her strange, pointy hat.

The girl finally let her feet touch the ground, and held her floating broom by the hand. She gazed at Alton with a rather condescending look. "Are you going to thank me for saving your life or what?"

"How can I be sure that you saved me?", Alton asked.

"Well, I took care of those Saracens.", she replied confidently. "I'm pretty sure you would be dead if it wasn't for me."

Alton took a quick look at the numerous unconscious bodies laid before him, then brought his gaze back to the enchantress. "Right."

A brief moment of silence occurred.

The wit-err, enchantress took one step forward. "Well?"

What will Alton do?
Thank her.
Keep asking.
Write-in.

> "Last time we met, you were trying to 'get' me weren't you?"
And otherwise keep asking, if she only saved us to gain our gratitude, it'll show in her words

Sorry for being late! The internet was cut off for a while. :-0

I'm voting for him to >Thank her. Why, you may ask. For the romance flag, of course!

vRH here.

Hey everyone! I'm currently tackling with an IRL issue right now, and it might affect my activity on the site. Hopefully things go well and I can continue without any problems.

However, the possibility that I will have to go on an indefinite hiatus based on the results still stands.

With that in mind, I thank you all for supporting this QL. I will post an update on the matter soon.

The next incoming QL update should arrive by then.

Certainly Not a Witch! - 10
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1 - INTERLUDE:
Certainly Not a Witch!

10 - 15 - 17 (MORNING)
Ruined Town
Finally realizing that the wit-err, enchantress wouldn't stop bugging him until he doe what she demands, Alton decided to thank her. Though the points she presented really did count, and he would have been part of history if she didn't interfere, Alton felt suspicious about the entire thing. The timing of her arrival just didn't seem to happen by coincidence, and if his memory served him right, she wanted to snatch him from Bradamante's protection.

"Thanks, I guess.", Alton said hesitatingly. While he didn't sound sincere about his gratitude, he somehow thought that the she would accept it quite easily. In fact, by the time that he had spoken, she was already just a few steps before him, smiling with a rather intimidating gaze.

"You have to say it properly.", she said. "Address me with my name."

Alton was confused. This wi-ahem, enchantress was asking him to do it again, but in a proper way. Wasn't it done properly, despite the fact that he didn't really sounded that grateful? What's more strange is that she asked him to say her name with his thanks. Alton didn't even know who this girl was, only that Bradamante seemed to be not on good terms with her.

"I already thanked you properly.", he said.

She waved her finger. "Tch, tch.", she said. "You have to say my name for it to be a proper gratitude. That's how it works."

Alton replied. "I don't even know your name."

The enchantress disappeared in a puff of smoke, as her laughter echoed from it. She reappeared in a similar dust cloud, near her levitating broom. Her eyes stared cunningly into his.

"That's where you're wrong.", she said with a sinister, yet seductive tone. "You know my name, just like I know yours. You just need to grab it, from the far reaches of your mind."

What will Alton do?
Say her name.
Resist her words.

Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1 - INTERLUDE:
Certainly Not a Witch!

10 - 15 - 17 (MORNING)
Ruined Town
Alton kept silent, but he still felt the urge to speak out a name he had not heard before in his entire 'ordinary' life before all this magic-related nonsense started to happen. The fact alone that he somehow has a name ready to speak is quite strange, even if it may not be the enchantress's true name.

Of course, that was not Alton's only concern.

The witch's words seem to repeatedly ring in his ears, in a whispering seductive tone, further provoking his urge to blurt out her possible name. It would seem that his mental resilience is being tested at the current situation, and he would very much be happy to show the fortitude of his mind.

However, in the perspective of a more experienced person, Alton is losing the battle - the very fact that he has an urge to speak the name he had come up with is proof enough. He is slowly getting backed into a corner, until it reaches the point where he can no longer resist and the only thing left to do is accept his unfortunate fate. Which in this case is him giving in to the enchantress and saying her name.

The wit-er, enchantress smirked as she watched the young lad struggle mentally. She rested in her position without moving an inch, as if she was enjoying the sight.

"Resisting will make this hard for you.", she said. "Just say it."

Alton grunted, as he shook his head. His confidence had wavered. He is no longer certain of an advantageous outcome. Drops of sweat began to trickle down his forehead to the bottom of his jaw. A few of his fingers started to slightly shake. His victory on this mental battle is no longer in sight - sooner or later, he will speak the name.

Intense silence filled the air between the two for a number of minutes. On one side, the poor lad who is getting mentally demolished. On the other, the wit-ahem, enchantress with a smug look on her face.

The result will come within a few moments.

Heavy footsteps echo from the distance, and within a moment's notice, a familiar face emerges between the two - Bradamante has arrived! Her rushed entry caused the edge of her blade to strike the ground, causing a resonating sound that somehow broke the intense atmosphere between the two.

Though still looking the same, Bradamante was now slightly tarnished - her armor had obtained a few scratches and stains of dirt and blood alike, she had some dust splattered on varied parts of her skin, and her silky hair was of the same fate. Her sword was stained with blood as well.

Immediately, without any hesitation, Bradamante rushed to Alton's side. She placed a hand on his shoulder, and stared at him eye to eye.

"Master, are you still there?", she said.

Alton, though with much difficulty, responded. "Y-yes.", he said with slight grunting.

The enchantress was annoyed by Bradamante's appearance, and decided to intervene. With a snap of her finger, the same blue orb from before emerged from the center of her hat and floated down to her side. She glared at Bradamante, and spoke.

"I'm tired of your interruptions!", she shouted at Bradamante, who turned to face her, only to be alerted by something completely beyond Alton's 'magical' scope.

The blue orb was engulfed in flames of the same color, and grew in size, until it formed a humanoid shape. From the flames, a sword was formed and certain black patterns materialized on both the figure and the sword, until it finally appeared to be an armored knight composed of black patterns and blue flame.

This knightly figure charged towards Bradamante without warning.

Luckily, Bradamante's reflexes were quick enough to parry its attacks. But it seemed that its strength was something she could not handle. Perhaps it was twice compared to hers, or maybe even more than that. The fact is, she can't fight back and only keep on parrying and dodging the attacks whilst keeping it away from Alton.

Of course, this means she has left Alton to the enchantress's mercy, though not by choice.

The odds were against them. Their chances of winning are rather abysmal in their current state - Alton being inexperience in the field of 'magic', and Bradamante not being able to utilize her full capabilities as a result of her master's current lacking.

But as if the stars had aligned for them, a blinding light flashed leaving them unable to see, and only hear a near deafening noise that sounds similarly to a wormhole. Once the light faded away, the found themselves back at the room they once were, standing on opposite sites of the platform.

The symbols and inscriptions on the platform had stopped glowing. The two spectators are still standing from a certain distance, observing the two.

In the middle of all this, Alton finally spoke loud and clear.

"Alcina.", he said.

Bradamante, hearing this, immediately came to his side. "Master, are you alright?", she asked, clearly showing great concern.

"Her name was Alcina.", Alton replied.

Bradamante shook him. "Master!", she called unto him.

And it was enough to snap him out of that strange trance. The man from before finally approached them, presumably to provide assistance.

What will Alton do next?
Ask what happened.
Ask about the enchantress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back