• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Moonlit Crusade

Since the votes are tied, we can't really move forward.

So do you guys want to wait for other votes to break the tie, or do dice rolls again?

Certainly Not a Witch! - 1
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1 - INTERLUDE:
Certainly Not a Witch!
wallhaven-101514.jpg

10 - 15 - 17 (MORNING)
Grassland
A young girl.

That was what Alton saw the moment he opened his eyes, after all the strange things that occurred as the two forged a contract. This lass was standing in the middle of Alton's sight - nothing but the color white. Curious, Alton took a step forward.

And as he did, he realized that something changed with the atmosphere, and the place. He did not know what it was, but he felt as if something was altered as he took a step, thus, deciding that it would, at the very least, free him from this place filled with nothing but sheer white, he continued to walk towards the young girl.

Every step he took transformed the white nothingness into a portion of a scenery filled with colors, as well as revealing the girl's features. Once he was just a few steps in front of the girl, he stopped.

The white background was no more. Instead, he found himself in the middle of a vast grassland, adorned by various things - flowers, rocks, trees, bushes, etc. Not only that, but he saw the young girl's features as clear as day.

The young girl wore a plain white dress, and was standing atop a rock. Her eyes were green, and her blonde hair was almost as shiny as gold. This girl stared at him with a smile, as if she was delighted to see him.

Alton was strangely unable to look away from this child's gaze. Though something inside him felt it unnerving and unnatural, he couldn't look away. He didn't even notice his body moving by itself, slowly nearing the gear and preparing to grab her.

Until Bradamante came to the scene, charging from the left, heading towards the girl. The moment she was almost in contact with the child, the young girl disappeared in a cloud of dust, which Bradamante slashed into thin air. This caused Alton to stop, and rethink his actions.

Was he really just about to do that? And to a young girl, nonetheless?

He was about to reflect deeply on what was wrong with him, if not for Bradamante reassuring his sanity.

"Do not worry, master.", Bradamante said, looking around without leaving Alton's side, as if searching for someone. "You were bewitched, and almost permanently at that."

Alton gave off a sigh of relief. "Ah.", Alton said. "Thank you, Bradamante."

Bradamante nodded.

It was just a mere moment that had passed, and another dust of cloud appeared before them, but this time it was about a meter away from the two. As the dust cloud dissipated, a strangely-dressed girl appeared. Her legs clung unto a long, wooden broom which stood on its own, and had a smug look on her face.

She puffed, then pointer her finger at Bradamante. "Tch!", she said in a rather loud and annoyed tone. "Why must you always screw it up, Bradamante!"

Bradamante shouted. "You witch!", she pointed her sword towards the girl. "You shall not place you hands upon him!"

A voice echoed from the distance, quickly fading away. "I'm an enchantress! Not a witch, you stupid knight!", the girl replied, as she stuck out her tongue as if taunting Bradamante. "You just wait! I'll get him soon!", the girl yelled before disappearing into a cloud of dust, leaving no trace behind as if she wasn't there at all.

"Tch.", Bradamante muttered under her breath.

What will Alton do?
Ask where they are.
Ask about the 'witch'.
Write-in.

For more info on the story, please click this link.

Certainly Not a Witch! - 2
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1 - INTERLUDE:
Certainly Not a Witch!

10 - 15 - 17 (MORNING)
Grassland
Still confused with all that had transpired, Alton decided to inquire his Grand Familiar. After all, Bradamante seemed a bit too calm despite all that had happened.

"Bradamante.", Alton called to her, causing her to turn and face him. "Do you know where we are?"

Bradamante nodded, and responded to her master's inquiry with a calm and confident tone. "Yes.", she said. "We are at Francia."

Unable to believe it, Alton refuted her answer. "This doesn't look like France to me.", he said.

Bradmante shook her head. "That is because this is not the Francia of your time, master.", she gestured unto the field. "This Francia, it is of my era."

Alton was left speechless by her words. If that is true, then that would mean that the two of them traveled through time. He always had the feeling that Bradamante belonged to some place else, but not a different time. With such an idea proving quite hard to be accepted by him, he merely stood there, gazing into the vast grassland without saying a word.

Bradamante, on the other hand, continued to speak. "I have no idea as to why and how we got here, but I am most certain that this is the Francia of my time.", she said. "The air's gentle breeze, the vast plains, the scent of the very wind. I cannot mistake it for any other."

Still in a daze, Alton said nothing. Bradamante noticed her master's state of disbelief, and decided to confront him about it. But he was snapped back to his senses as he saw smoke rising in the distant horizon.

Of course, Bradamante noticed this as well, and immediately made herself alert for any possible occurrence. However, one thing can be easily seen - that she was rather eager to leave their current position and head somewhere else. Presumably where the rising smoke is coming from.

"Master.", she said. "Shall we investigate?" Her voice sounded calm, but it also felt like she was insisting Alton to go with her.

How will Alton respond?
Agree.
Disagree.

Certainly Not a Witch! - 3
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1 - INTERLUDE:
Certainly Not a Witch!
latest

10 - 15 - 17 (MORNING)
Grassland
Alton nodded, signaling his agreement to Bradamante's question. The two hurried off to the distance, heading to the direction of the rising smoke. It took them quite a while, perhaps several minutes - but the gentle breeze of the wind, and the aromatic scent of the air made it seem as if time passed by far quicker than such.

Finally, once they arrived at the source of the smoke, they were met with a rather horrid sight.

A town, ravaged and left in ruins. Injured people scattered everywhere among corpses. Houses demolished and in flames. Despair clearly filled the air, and the stench of death accompanied it.

The two entered the town.

Bradamante clenched her fist. "Cursed Saracens.", she muttered under her breath. "If only I was a bit earlier."

What will Alton say?
"Saracens?"
"Do you know this place?"
Write-in.

Certainly Not a Witch! - 4
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1 - INTERLUDE:
Certainly Not a Witch!

10 - 15 - 17 (MORNING)
Ruined Town
"Saracens?", Alton replied, obviously oblivious to whatever is going on in this place. Things just were too confusing for him - first he was on this strange building, and the next moment he finds himself in the middle of ancient France. Not to mention that he barely knows his way into the the magical side of the world.

It is quite surprising that he has made it this far, considering his background - just your average student. He didn't stand out of a crowd, nor was he considered to some outcast. While his quirks gave him some form of interesting feats, he was as average as one can possibly be as a young student.

"Barbaric pagans. Plunderers and raiders.", Bradamante answered him. "They are nothing but filth of this land."

In all honesty, that answer didn't really help much. Bradamante's tone emanated of spite and anger, that it would be an insult to call it an unbiased opinion. For some reason, she harbored some sort of animosity to those 'Saracens'. Perhaps something had happened in her past that involved their kin, but that is not what matters as of now.

For the Saracens are here, and the people of the town are panicking all about it. To the other side of the village, loud noises echoed along with the various screams of pain and fear. Bradamante, upon hearing this, tightened her grip on her sword.

She turned to face Alton. "Master, please head to a safer area.", she said, before hurrying off to the distance in the direction of the noise's source. She left without giving Alton the chance to respond.

As she faded in the distance, Alton heard the growing sound of footsteps behind him. Once more, people screamed, saying the same words again and again, as they went around in a panic - that the Saracens are coming.

What will Alton do?
Hide at a 'safe' place.
Run to Bradamante.

>Run to Bradamante. Additional brownie points if he runs dramatically, while shouting "I won't leave you!~"

✧ hide at a 'safe' place

this one for now. it's not like alton has a weapon or even the knowledge to take the saracens down. i'm thinking he should be a good boy and let bradamante slash the honk out of those saracens, at least until he's finished assessing the situation or finding something that could help their situation.

Additional brownie points if he runs dramatically, while shouting "I won't leave you!~"

you are such a shoujo fangirl

Certainly Not a Witch! - 5
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1 - INTERLUDE:
Certainly Not a Witch!

10 - 15 - 17 (MORNING)
Ruined Town
Following Bradamante's advice, Alton decided to stay clear of the area and hide on a place that would be much safer than being exposed out on the streets. Unfortunately, the town is in shambles and there is not much preferable choices, not to mention that most of the townsfolk would already have taken better locations, leaving Alton only to a few select areas.

He ran to the left side of the town, and placed himself between the wall of a destroyed house and a large cart filled with numerous haystacks. He crouched and tried to the best of his ability to keep his presence concealed.

It was just merely seconds after that he heard a number of footsteps from afar, heading towards his location. Soon enough, he could see the shadows of what would be 'Saracens', grouped up and seemingly armed.

Alton tried to sneak a peek through a tiny gap between the planks of the cart, only to witness an old woman get kicked onto the ground by one of the armed men - the 'Saracens', who then began to talk in a strange language which seemed to sound very much like the present day middle-eastern tongue.

Of course, Alton couldn't comprehend what these people talked about. He had absolute zero knowledge on speaking foreign languages. His understanding is rather limited to his native tongue - which would be spoken in English. But he did take into account their actions and gestures.

And it unfortunately revealed to him a rather clear conclusion - that they were going to kill that helpless old lady. What's worse was that they showed no remorse, nor guilt for deciding the poor elderly's untimely fate.

What will Alton be in the situation?
Brave.
Rational.
Hesitant.
Cunning.

vRH here.

Before I work on the next update, I'd like to try something out. Since the winning vote is for Alton to be brave, I would need you guys to do yet another d100 die roll for each one.

Now, factoring in Alton's A-rank Luck, you can add an additional 3 points to whatever result you obtain.

I will be averaging the results and checking if they are greater than 45, which would guarantee Alton a success with his decision. Having a result of lesser than that would mean that there will be certain complications that would arise.

Bear with me on this, I just really want to test out if having things like this would make the QL experience more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back