• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Moonlit Crusade

I'd like to vote for
>"Who are you, and where am I?"
It's better to establish our lack of understanding, even if they don't believe us

Votes are tied! pioca pioca Copykat Copykat

We can wait for one more day for more participants to break the tie, or you can take your chances and decide which vote wins via a 100-sided die roll.

Magus's Fault - 2
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1:
Magus's Fault

10 - 15 - 17 (DAWN)
Unknown Location
"I don't know what you're talking about.", Alton said. Though what he said was true, he tried to make himself look as clueless as possible, since he is completely unsure of what his situation exactly is. And if his hunch is right, then he might be in a very dangerous one, considering that Bradamante is under some kind of magical restraint.

The tall and imposing man took a step back and fixed his posture. He glanced over at Alton, then to the woman named 'Sen', then to Bradamante. "It looks like he doesn't know.", he said. "Perhaps you may have mistaken him for someone else."

"Sir Fernand, I swear!", she tried to prove her accusation. "I'll prove it to you."

"Very well.", the man said.

The woman, named Sen, headed to Bradamante side, and placed the tips of two of her left hand's fingers on her forehead. Bradamante's eyes widened, and began to struggle. Bradamante groaned and moaned, as the woman chanted some words in a foreign language, sounding much of oriental origin. Once the woman had finished her chant, strange symbols began to form and glow on Bradamante's forehead, causing her to stop struggling and remain silent.

"Tell us of what had happened from the time you met this man, up to this very moment.", Sen said to Bradamante.

Bradamante spoke, revealing all that had transpired ever since she appeared to defend Alton from an unidentified threat. However, as such words left her mouth, her face showed that she was uncomfortable with it, angry even. It was as if she was being forced to speak, whether she wills it or not.

Once everything has been revealed, the symbols on Bradamante's forehead disappeared. She began to pant, and her eyes expressed her resent to the woman named Sen, who on the other hand, gazed to the tall and imposing man, as if proud to have proven her statement.

"Hmm. I see.", the man named Fernand nodded. He turned to Alton. "Anything you want to add to your Grand Familiar's confession?"

What will Alton do?
Say nothing, and continue to feign innocence.
Tell them about the encounter with the red-scarfed man.
Write-in.

For more info on the story, please click this link.

✧ tell them about the encounter with the red-scarfed man.

while he's at it, he could express how he doesn't mean any harm to his captors.

Magus's Fault - 3
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1:
Magus's Fault

10 - 15 - 17 (DAWN)
Unknown Location
After seeing Bradamante be forced to speak about the past events, Alton found no reason to withold the information he had to these people - if they are able to do that to his Grand Familiar, then it is for certain that they can easily do the same to him. Thus, he decided to tell them about where it all began - his encounter with the scarfed man and his ruggedly dressed companion.

Once Alton had finished adding the details Bradamante couldn't tell them, the man, whose name could be Fernand, sighed. "I see.", he said. He took a look at the woman named Sen, adjusted the edges of his suit, then finally returned his gaze to Alton. "In that case, you are most likely a mage by fault."

"What?!", Sen exclaimed. "But isn't that just a theory?"

"There have been a sufficient number of occurrences that might very well prove its truth. I'm sure you've heard of similar cases like him.", the man said.

"Yes, Sir Fernand. But-", Sen replied.

The man raised his hand, causing Sen to immediately fall silent. He tapped Alton's shoulder. "I know you're very confused right now, but bear with us for a moment. I will set you free, but you will have to work with us for a short while. This is my deal to you."

The man removed his hand on Alton's shoulder and took a step back. He adjusted the ring on his left finger, and continued to talk. "Of course you can decline my offer, but do know that we will have to surrender you to the Association and let them handle your punishment for breaking their law."

"I will not force you to a single choice. But you will have to make one.", the man named Fernand said. "Now, will you accept my offer, or do you wish to take on your fate by yourself?"

What will Alton do?
Take Fernand's deal.
Decline the offer.

Magus's Fault - 4
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1:
Magus's Fault

10 - 15 - 17 (DAWN)
Unknown Location
"I'll take your deal.", Alton replied. For some reason, he felt that this was somewhat the safer option out of the two choices, since he has yet to know about this so-called Association and what kind of fearsome punishments they could impose unto him, all for breaking a law he had no knowledge about.

Fernand clapped his hands once as a gesture of appreciation. "Very well. Free him, Sen.", he said. After the woman made an unrecognizable mumbling, and a few hand gestures, the shackles faded into thin air, and Alton was finally released. "Now stand, boy.", the man continued.

Of course, Alton stood, though he did it after a few moments of checking if his appendages still functioned as they should. Once he was standing in front of Fernand and Sen, he spoke out. "What about her?", he said as he pointed to Bradamante. For some reason, he instinctively did not mention her name, as if its secrecy was of utmost importance.

Both Fernand and Sen took a glance at Bradamante, who still clearly was exhausted from struggling against Sen's magic which forced her to speak. "Ah, yes. Your Grand Familiar. Release her as well, Sen.", the man said.

"But, Sir Fernand-", Sen protested only to be halted by Fernand's intimidating gaze towards her. "Understood.", she sheepishly continued, then headed to undo the magical restraints of Bradamante.

Fernand, then turned his attention back to Alton. "I'd like to see your hand.", the man said. Alton extended his right hand to the man, who in turn grabbed it with his own. Once their hands were joined, Fernand uttered some ancient words, causing a strange thread-like light form upon their hands. The light dissipated in mere seconds, then Alton felt a jolt of pain in his right palm, which made him remove it from Fernand's hand quickly.

"Wha-", Alton reacted, as he caressed his right hand with the other to ease the pain that faded quicker than he had expected.

"Do not worry. It's not harmful, it is just a simple spell to make our deal official.", Fernand shook the hand he used, and adjusted the sleeves of his suit. "Now that it's done, let's have a proper introduction, shall we?"

Alton nodded.

Fernand slightly bowed, then extended his hand, as if expecting Alton to take it and shake hands with him. "Fernand Johnson.", he said.

Alton took the hand with a bit of hesitation, then finally shook it. "Alton de Lune.", he replied.

A sudden ping sounded from the pockets of Fernand's suit. He immediately took out a phone from his pocket, and began to check it for something. He turned his glance back to Alton once he was finished. "Sen, I leave them to your hands. I have some business to attend to.", he called to the woman with glasses. "I shall see you around, Alton.", he said, before leaving the room.

Sen sighed, and turned around, only to see that Fernand was already gone. She went to Alton after finishing her task with Bradamante, as the latter did the same whilst keeping her watchful eyes on Sen.

"Alton de Lune, wasn't it?", she said, only to be confirmed by Alton nodding at her statement. "I'm Sen Miyata. Before we begin, I'd like to know the name of your Grand Familiar."

"Why?", Alton responded immediately, with Bradamante right beside him and still staring at her intently.

"So I have a name to call her.", she said.

What will Alton do?
Reveal Bradmante's name.
Keep her name unknown.
Give Bradamante a false name (Write-in.)

Magus's Fault - 5
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1:
Magus's Fault

10 - 15 - 17 (MORNING)
Unknown Location
Alton decide to give Bradamante a false name. While it may feel and sound unnatural to both him and his Grand Familiar, it seemed like the safest option - giving her true name to Sen may be used against them in case of a future where they are to be enemies, so at least a fake name would suffice in slowly obtaining this woman's trust without completely lowering their guards.

"It's B...Brynhildr.", Alton said.

Sen's eyes lit up for a short moment, as if she did not expect to hear that name. She nodded in approval. "You're quite lucky for a mage by fault.", she said.

Alton looked confused, unable to understand the meaning behind her words. "What do you mean?", he inquired.

"Well...", Sen replied. "You were able to do the summoning of a Grand Familiar, even through you are completely oblivious to magecraft. And even then, the one you summoned was Brynhildr - a renowned valkyrie from the Nordic legends."

Alton chuckled softly. "I guess I'm quite lucky, then.", he muttered to himself.

"Anyway, let us go.", Sen said as she headed towards the door.

"Go where?", Alton asked.

"To get you properly instated as a mage, and get you to catch up on things you should.", Sen replied.

The three left the room, following the lead of Sen as she guided them through a long corridor. They walked in such a formation where Sen in front, leading the way, with Alton a few steps behind her. Bradamante remains by Alton's side, though moving in a slightly slower pace.

As they traveled, Bradamante tried to converse with Alton in secrecy. "It was wise of you to not give away my true name. She could use it against us, if we are not careful.", she whispered to his ear.

"That's what I thought.", Alton replied softly as well. "I still don't know if they're really going to be our allies or not, so I tried to play it safe, without having them be suspicious of us."

Soon enough, they had left the corridor and was revealed to a grand scenery inside what seems to be a humongous structure.

How will Alton react?
Awestruck.
Curious.
Write-in.

Magus's Fault - 6
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1:
Magus's Fault

10 - 15 - 17 (MORNING)
Unknown Location
The sight that welcomed Alton's eyes was enough to catch his intrigue and get the engines of his curious mind to start running once more. The place was huge, and while there were technically plenty of people, the space made it seem as if it could occupy a whole lot more. It was adorned with various decorations, seemingly contradicting with one another and yet coexisting in wondrous harmony. Giant clocks could be seen on the pillars all around the building, all with varying times and noises.

"Wha...", Alton said with a deep breath. "What is this place?"

Sen turned around and paused for a short moment, glancing towards Alton. "This is one of the many headquarters of the Association for Magical Practices, or AMP for short. It's the only place where mages such as you and I can freely express their mystical arts without the restrictions that the Association had placed beyond the walls of this building.", she said, turning around and continuing to walk as the two followed shortly behind her.

Alton looked around, witnessing various kinds of people roaming the place - formally dressed people, students like him, and even children younger than his age. "So all these people are mages?", he asked.

"Not all of them.", Sen replied without looking back. "Among the majority of mages that comprise the population in this place are other beings and entities. There are the regular mage's familiars - most of which are animal-like in appearance. There are also Grand Familiars here, like Brynhildr, though their numbers are countable by hand. Of course, there are also others who I think would be better if you found out their existence for yourself."

Still gazing around as he continued to walk, Alton was guided by Bradamante to keep them from getting lost and continue following Sen. "That's incredible.", Alton said,before going deep into thought.

Bradamante, noticing this, immediately took the chance to snap Alton's mind back to reality. "What is the matter?", she tapped his shoulder.

What will Alton say?
Odds on meeting the same man from yesterday.
Curiosity on other Grand Familiars like Bradamante.
Shrug off his thoughts.
Alton's potency as a mage.
Write-in.

Last edited:
Magus's Fault - 7
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1:
Magus's Fault

10 - 15 - 17 (MORNING)
AMP Headquarters - Blancrete City
Alton's mind was filled with various thoughts, but there was one that stood out above all - and it is related to the man he and Bradamante had met yesterday at the Liberty Mall. If this place was indeed a hub of mages and the like, then it would be very likely for them to meet the same man as yesterday, since it was pretty much obvious that he utilized magic - with all that area distortion and enchanted wall.

And if such is truly the case, then they must be ready - as the man hinted from before, he will get back at them.

"Bradamante.", Alton replied without letting Sen hear. "Do you think we'll face the same man from yesterday here?"

"What makes you think of such?", Bradamante asks.

"Because as Sen had said, this is a place where mages and the like gather, and what that man showed yesterday is surely some form of magic.", he said.

Bradamante reassured Alton. "Worry not, I shall stand guard beside you. If we do face him here once more, then I shall ensure that he will not lay his hands upon you.", her voice sounded firm and strong, as if heavily determined to do more than just what she had said. Perhaps their encounter with the man is of some influence to this, but it is quite obvious that she wanted to settle her score with that deranged man.

It was not so soon the Sen led them to another room, where a man, presumably of the same age as her, could be seen standing in front of a platform filled with glowing inscriptions and symbols. He greeted them by lifting his cap.

"Mornin'.", he said. "What do you need?"

Sen gestured over to the two behind her. "These two need to get registered to the Association's database.", Sen replied.

The man glanced over to them, and intrigue clearly showed upon his expressive face. "Oh?", he said. "It's quite rare to see a Grand Familiar nowadays. Let alone from a mage without the Association's help."

Sen stepped aside and leaned against the wall. "He's a mage by fault."

"Really? That's interesting.", the man said. His eyes suddenly glowed brightly, almost making it painful too look directly at it.

"What are you doing?", Bradamante said, immediately with her guard up. The two were in an unfamiliar territory, and with their conversation from earlier, her instincts were at an all time high.

The man laughed. "Relax.", he said. "I'm just looking at the mana flow between the two of you. And it's unusually of low frequency."

Sen huffed without saying a word. She stared at the two, as if expecting such a thing.

Alton, curious of the man's words, voiced his concern. "What's wrong with that?", he asked.

"That means your Grand Familiar won't get to act to her full potential. That's quite terrible for her, and for you as well, since you don't seem to be capable of using magecraft as of now.", the man answered. "But I think it's more of a case of you and your Grand Familiar bound by a temporary contract than a true one."

What will Alton do?
Ask what a contract is.
Request for help on the matter.
Write-in.

Last edited:
Magus's Fault - 8
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1:
Magus's Fault

10 - 15 - 17 (MORNING)
AMP Headquarters - Blancrete City
Upon hearing the man's words, Alton thought that it would be best to fix what's wrong between the two of them. Especially since he and Bradamante are already into this side of the world. If they are to survive in such an atmosphere, then at least Bradamante should be able to act with her full potency.

"Could you help us fix the problem?", Alton asked the man.

"Of course.", the man gladly replied, then pointed to an elevated, plain wooden platform on the eastern side of the room. "Just step onto the platform over there."

Of course, the two complied, and headed to the said location. Once there, they were instructed by the man to distance themselves from each other within their arms' reach, and to remain standing still until he tells them what to do next. As expected, Alton and Bradamante do just that.

For some reason, this man felt way more trustworthy to them, compared to Sen and Fernand. Perhaps it was the man's way with words, or the calm and relaxed manner he acted.

As the two stood still, the man began to draw various inscriptions and symbols on the platform, mostly encircling the two. "This won't take long.", he said. "I just need to place the necessary amplifiers and we'll be good to go."

The man took some strange, glowing rocks, all in varying colors, and placed them atop various parts of the platform - some were resting on top of a drawn symbol, while others were near such. Once he was finished, he explained to the two what they need to do.

"Okay.", the man said. "So this is what you're going to do. When the drawings on the floor start glowing, the two of you have to address each other by introducing yourselves with your names."

He pointed to Bradamante. "You will state that you are a Grand Familiar, and tell him to be your master.", he said, as he pointed to Alton, and turned his attention to him. "You will do the reverse - state that you are a mage, and tell her to be your Grand Familiar. Once both of you finish saying those, you must join at least one of your hands, as if you were doing a handshake. Keep your hands together until you see a line..., he pointed to the ground between the two. "...forms right there, and until it connects the drawings around both of you."

After finishing his explanation, he confirmed if the two understood what they had to do. "Did you understand that?"

"Yes. Somewhat.", Alton replied with a slight confidence.

"Clear as water.", Bradamante answered.

The man left the platform. "Alright, are you both ready to form a contract?", he asked.

The two answered with a resounding yes.

Thus, the man began to chant, as he did the platform began to slightly vibrate, though not to the point that it disturbed Alton and Bradamante. After a few seconds, he finished chanting, and the symbols on the platform began to glow one by one, and as every moment passed, the symbols begin to glow brighter, mimicking the color of the numerous stones scattered around the area.

Once pretty much every symbol and inscription was lit up, the two began to do what they had been instructed to do earlier.

"I am Alton de Lune, a mage."

"I have been summoned. Bradamante, a Grand Familiar."

For some reason, they felt words come out of their mouth naturally, even forgetting the fact that Bradamante's name they gave to Sen had already been revealed as false. Still, they continue without regard for however she might be reacting to such revelation.

"Thou who art present before thee..."

"Thou shalt be decreed..."

"...my Grand Familiar!"

"...my master!"

The two joined their hands as if they were doing a handshake. As their skin touched the other's, they could see light form from beneath their joined hands - and witness a brilliant line of pure white glow, form and connect the symbols and inscriptions around the two of them.

Once it did, a blinding light flashed before their eyes, as they hands finally parted once the line was finished forming.

Reacting to such a light, Alton closed his eyes. Once he opened them once more, what welcomed his sight was...

What did Alton see?
A beautiful lance.
A young girl.
A crumbling tower.
A majestic horse.

Last edited:
I really have been missing out on a lot. I apologize. Due to popular demand (also known as: just Pio reminding me about it everywhere and every single second) I have taken the time to read the previous entries. I agree with Pioca's expression of interest towards this roleplay. It just so happens that I have had very little time to focus on roleplaying. :-) On that note, for this one, I vote for Alton and Bradamante's love child >a young girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back