• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Moonlit Crusade

>ask about mages.

in addition to that, >ask bradamante where she comes from.
does she reside in this world, or perhaps, another realm? there's only one way to find out.

Last edited:
An Eerie Night - 10
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

PROLOGUE:
An Eerie Night

10 - 13 - 17 (EVENING)
BLANCRETE CENTRAL PARK
Alton decided to ask about mages, since it was the topic that concerned him directly.

"Mages?", Bradamante said. "While I do know a fair share of information about them, I will have to say that I am not an expert regarding such a matter. Still, I will impart unto you what I know to the best that I can."

Silence filled the air for a short moment. Alton started at Bradamante, patiently waiting for her next words. After a few moments, she finally began to talk once more.

"Mages have been among society, far before I can even remember. They can be anyone - a simple peasant boy, an old war veteran, a rich noble, and the like. But what separated them from the rest of society is that they are able to wield a mysterious art that we have called 'magic'.", she said. "But I'm not talking about simple magic tricks that performers and showmen utilize, rather 'real magic'. Things like turning stone into gold, water into wine, and other feats that would rather seem impossible to us. With their aid, humanity was at its peak. Nations grew and prospered, without much consequences."

Suddenly, Bradamante's tone turned grim. "But all that changed when religion came unto the scene. Seeing that their capabilities would otherwise invalidate certain teachings and lore of various religions, mages were branded as heretics, and were hunted down like criminals. Ever since then, mages were a rare sight and they no longer worked with society, rather, they hid from it and separated their work from the world's eyes."

Slowly realizing the heavy atmosphere that this discussion brought, Alton decided to lighten up things a bit. Hence, he instead, asked Bradamante a question that was far different from the current topic. He asked where she originated from.

Bradamante paused for a short moment, and stared at Alton in a surprised look. Perhaps she was not expecting such a question to arise, or perhaps she was simply found Alton to be quite slow to ask for something so very obvious. Nevertheless, she answered his question.

"I come from Francia!", she said proudly.

"France?", Alton made sure he was right about his assumption, after all, there was no 'Francia' in the current time.

"Oui! You may call it France now, but it was Francia to me.", she smiled. "Ah, how I wish I could see its beauty once more."

It seems that Bradamante misses her home. Perhaps she had been away for too long, and cannot return due to certain circumstances. But it was getting far too late. Soon enough, the sun would rise, and Alton will be force to take an absence from school. And he didn't plan on doing that, hence, he decided to let Bradmante know that it was time to go.

Bradamante looked out the window to take a glimpse at the sky. "Indeed. Let us take our leave.", she said.

The two left the store shortly after, and Alton took a look at his wristwatch.

00:14

It was already too late. It was now past midnight. But there's still hope. If Alton could somehow reach his home before the sun rises, he could still take a short nap and rush to school as soon as he wakes and finishes his mourning routine.

Hence, he ran as fast as he could. Until he arrived at his home.

What is Alton's home?
A small-sized modern house.
A decent condominium unit.
An apartment unit.
A regular dormitory.
Write-in.

Last edited:
>Apartment units have been the poster home for many protagonists in various anime I've recently watched, so that'll be my vote. :-0

✧ a regular dormitory

feelin like it can lead to better interactions (with other students)

An Eerie Night - 11
Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

PROLOGUE:
An Eerie Night

10 - 13 - 17 (MIDNIGHT)
Alton's Apartment
Alton's home was an apartment unit, a few blocks away from the Blancrete Central Park, which allows him an easy access to various routes to the different areas around the place, since the said park lies at the center of the city. It was just another usual apartment, boarding various kinds of people - working adults, retirees, and even students like him. His unit was third from the left on the first floor.

He, then headed towards the door, only to stop before it after noticing a strange feeling as if he was being followed.
Immediately turning around, Alton found out that he was indeed being followed. And what he saw was no other than the woman from before - Bradamante.

She stood a few meters before him, then walked without any hesitation.

"Why are you following me?", he said. By the looks on his face, it would seem that he didn't really expect her to continue going with him.

Bradamante replied plainly. "As your Grand Familiar, it is my duty to keep you safe.".

"Uhh...", Alton said, contemplating on his choice of words. "I am pretty sure I'm safe by now."

"How so? Did you make sure that you are not being tracked? Did you make sure to hide your personal information?"

A back and forth argument went for a few minutes between the two, until Alton realized that he could not convince Bradamante to leave him alone, and simply gave in to her persistence. After finally 'agreeing' to Bradamante's so-called duty, the two entered Alton's apartment unit.

It was quite simple, really. The place was clean, and the various things he had were organized. There's not really much to say to it. The necessary appliances were functional and well-conditioned. For a student of his age, it is pretty impressive, but for a regular person, it's not really note-worthy.

Bradamante halted as Alton continued to walk towards his room. "I shall remain here.", she said.

Alton turned and gave her a thumbs up, then he entered his room. Without any hesitation, he dropped down onto his bed, and buried his face into a soft pillow before letting out a long sigh. This day was tiring to say the least. His time spent in school earlier was already exhausting, but the encounter he had this evening was something else. He could have died back there if it wasn't for Bradamante.

Coming to think of it, he realized that he hasn't really thanked her for saving his life. Even though she continues to blabber about being his 'Grand Familiar' and her duties as one, he still felt the obligation to thank her - just like the ordinary guy.

But was he, really? Is he just an ordinary guy, like everyone else? Or is he really a mage, just as Bradamante had said.

Alton rolled around, now facing the ceiling. He pondered upon the events that transpired, and the reality behind their meanings. Perhaps the term 'once in a blue moon' finally makes sense now.

His eyes slowly closed, as his consciousness drifted away.

But even his dreams were not safe from the blue moon's influence.

What is Alton dreaming of?
Write-in.

NOTE: Time for you to make something up! It can be something personal - something of Alton's past, it can be something about the current matter - mages and such. It can even be something completely unrelated! Like dreaming of some random japanese anime waifu girl doing some weird shit.

Simply put, it's an opportunity for you guys to get creative!

✧ he's dreaming of the people from the scene he witnessed earlier - the heavily wounded one who was called a mage, the one with the formal attire and the one who almost ended alton's life - like what happened there when alton fled from the scene, or some exchange between formal guy and strange guy.

we can be riordan-like and show alton visions in his dreams~

Speaking of visions, why not allow him to >Dream of Bradamante? He suddenly awakened as a mage, under the blue moon, for some reason. Since Bradamante claims to be her Grand Familiar, they can, or they must be connected, somehow. Let us tighten the string of fate, as well as her connection to the plot!

That can be done by showing him a vision of her, in the past, when she was enjoying her days in Francia, or--this is good--an dream that only suggests that they've met before. You know, Bradamante, or somebody who looks like her, spending time with or talking to him, as the dream is viewed is in first person. ;-)

Speaking of visions, why not allow him to >Dream of Bradamante? He suddenly awakened as a mage, under the blue moon, for some reason. Since Bradamante claims to be her Grand Familiar, they can, or they must be connected, somehow. Let us tighten the string of fate, as well as her connection to the plot!

That can be done by showing him a vision of her, in the past, when she was enjoying her days in Francia, or--this is good--an dream that only suggests that they've met before. You know, Bradamante, or somebody who looks like her, spending time with or talking to him, as the dream is viewed is in first person. ;-)

0hoh you mean like mystery girl from nisekoi?

Last edited:
Alton dreams of taking Brademente to the movies, and the movie is about a guy named Alton doing some weird magic stuff in the future, and then the guy that tried to kill him earlier comes in and sits next to the two, and there's a scene in the movie where Alton supposedly dies but before the character Alton dies, the guy pulls out a sword and stabs Alton the person, saying "to be continued!".

Alton dreams of taking Brademente to the movies, and the movie is about a guy named Alton doing some weird magic stuff in the future, and then the guy that tried to kill him earlier comes in and sits next to the two, and there's a scene in the movie where Alton supposedly dies but before the character Alton dies, the guy pulls out a sword and stabs Alton the person, saying "to be continued!".

Well, that was unexpected.

Well, it seems that there won't be any winning vote in this one. Hence, let us leave things to good old luck! I have two proposals:

1 - Each one of you use the "Roll Dice" function (100-sided), and whoever gets the highest numbers would win.
2 - I roll for each option, with the highest number winning as usual.

So, what do you guys think?

is this how it goes

How did you do that?

...Oh, wait, it's right beside "POST REPLY". :-0

Whether we roll the dice for ourselves or you would in our stead is all right to me, vRH vRH . However, I will place my vote on the first option. I shall attempt to decide on my own fate, and rise victorious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back