• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Moonlit Crusade

vRH here.

Sorry for the short post, currently on a time restraint here. If the votes come quick enough, I'll be able to fix up an update that should be of decent length and content.

Also, I'd like to notify you all that the quest log is BEST VIEWED ON DARK RPN THEME.

Oh my god haven't been here in a while, and yet I can still agree we need to
> lie about Bradamante's identity. let's say Brenda from school
Oh this is a recipe for disaster

Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1:
Magus's Fault

10 - 15 - 17 (EVENING)
Whammy's, Liberty Square
Alton gestured an open palm towards Bradamante. "This is Brenda.", he said. "She's my distant cousin from France."

Warren's eyebrows were slightly raised. "France, huh."

"Yes.", Alton nodded.

Warren leaned in closer as he gaze towards Bradamante. He seems a bit suspicious of her, perhaps due to the fact that she seemed a bit older than Alton. After a short moment, Warren extended his hand and introduced himself to her. "Warren Spiegel.", he said. "Alton and I were classmates for about 10 years."

Bradamante took his hand and shook it. However, he did let her go once the handshake was done. Instead, Warren slightly tightened his grip on her hand, and spoke to her in a language foreign to Alton.

"Est-ce vrai?"

Bradamante was slightly taken aback. "Oui, c'est ça.", she responded confidently.

"De quelle partie de la France vous venez?"

"Je ne veux pas dire ça de vous.", Bradamante forcefully removed her hand from his.

Warren smirked, then leaned back on his chair. He gently nodded a few times, as if finally understanding something.

Alton was simply surprised at their conversation. Sure, he didn't understand anything, but the two conversed in a foreign language with such ease that he was simply in awe.

"What's that? German?"

Bradamante turned to Alton and spoke. "It is French, master."

"Oh."

"Master?", Warren looked at the two of them with confusion. "Isn't she your cousin?"

Alton scratched his head and laughed nervously. He had to think of something quick. A reasonable excuse.

"Well, we played this game and she lost.", he replied. "Now she has to call me master for the entire day."

Warren looked at Alton, and paused shortly. "So you like that stuff, huh."

"What stuff?"

"It's nothing. Don't think about it."

Alton looked at Warren with a suspicious gaze. "Are you hiding something from me I should know?"

"No.", Warren said. "Seriously, just forget I said it."

The two continued to chat, until they were served dinner - which of course, they all consumed. After that, their casual chatter went on, sometimes dragging in Bradamante to their conversations. It took a while until they were finished, but before that, the two former classmates exchanged phone numbers - perhaps a way to contact each other for more merry times like this. Once they had their fill, Warren paid the bill, despite Alton's constant suggestion to make them share the price to pay.

The three exited the restaurant - their stomachs filled, and their camaraderie stronger.

"It was nice catching up with you Alton. And meeting you as well, Brenda."

Alton nodded with a smile. Bradamante simply looked at Warren.

"See you around.", Warren said, leaving them as he waved his hand.

"Bye Warren!", Alton spoke from a distance.

After having their dinner, there was only one thing left to do, and that was to head back home. And that is what they did, as they left the Liberty Mall.

What happens next?
Something magical happens to Alton and Bradamante.
The two return home, safe and sound, where they can take their well-earned rest.

For more info on the story, please click this link.
For the story tracker, please click this link.

Last edited:
vRH here.

Let me know what you think of the colored text, should I keep it bolded or not.

Rough translation for the french conversation is below:
Warren: Is that true?
Bradamante: It is indeed.
Warren: What part of France are you from?
Bradamante: I'm not telling you that.

Last edited:
got me there, vRH vRH ! Taji Taji also wants to let y'all know that he can't post often so we shouldn't wait for him.

✧ the two return home, safe and sound, where they can take their well-earned rest

as much as i want the thrill of another magical situation, i think it's time they rest up.

@Taji also wants to let y'all know that he can't post often so we shouldn't wait for him.
I understand.

That brings me to mind, what are your thoughts on the Quest Log in general so far? Are you comfortable with the pacing of the story? I'd love to hear all of your feedback, and even suggestions, if you are willing to give me!

That brings me to mind, what are your thoughts on the Quest Log in general so far? Are you comfortable with the pacing of the story? I'd love to hear all of your feedback, and even suggestions, if you are willing to give me!

the quest log is organized and portrays the story in a thrilling but well-paced manner. its format is simple but sophisticated, and i also like the colored font in bold! it's why taji and i return to rpn (specifically quest logs) despite real life's challenges. i'm excited to see more of moonlit crusade, especially its diverse set of characters--hopefully at least some will have major roles or the ability to greatly affect the grand scheme of things in the story, while still maintaining balanced traits and relationships between one character to another, as well as the balance between the characters and the plot.

Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1:
Magus's Fault

10 - 15 - 17 (EVENING)
Alton's Apartment

After a lengthy walk, the two managed to return home, safe and sound. Without much of an exchange, they each went to their own ways - Alton headed to his room, and immediately dropped onto his bed, as did Bradamante. The following morning, Alton woke up, only to find a surprise waiting outside of his room - his co-worker, Sen, was there!

"You wake up late.", Sen immediately commented, not even turning to face Alton, as she sat down on the sofa.

Bradamante was on the side, simply looking, as if she was watching Sen's every move. Alton scratched his head, and walked towards Bradamante.

"What is she doing here?", Alton whispered.

"I do not know either.", Bradamante replied in the same volume.

Sen quickly took a glance at the two, and sighed. It would seem that she was somewhat disappointed with her company, and neither Alton nor Bradamante is feeling comfortable with her around.

What happens next?
Alton greets Sen a good morning.
Alton asks Sen directly what she is doing in his apartment.

vRH here.

Sorry for the long inactivity, I've been busy with both IRL stuff, and RP activities on my other account. That, and the lingering writer's block that I tend to experience every so often. If you're wondering why the short post, it is to move the story forward and hopefully trigger my creative juices to flow once more.

Anyways, hope you're all still enjoying reading this QL!
And if you think anyone out there would be glad to participate here, don't be afraid to invite them in.

Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1:
Magus's Fault

10 - 16 - 17 (MORNING)
Alton's Apartment

Despite having 'intruded' his home, Alton decided to give Sen a welcoming greeting - after all, if they are to be working together, for who knows how long, they might as well start to get along with each other. And that includes Bradamante, of course.

Alton cleared his throat. "Good morning, Sen.", he said.

Sen turned to face him. "It's 10 A.M.", she scoffed.

"And that is still morning."

"Late morning.", Sen sighed.

Bradamante tapped Alton's shoulder, causing him to halt before he could even speak.

"Master.", she whispered. "Perhaps it would be better to confront her directly, rather than beating around the bush."

Alton paused for a while, then nodded in agreement.

"Why are you here?", he called to Sen.

Sen took a quick glimpse, then rose from her seat. She approached the two, and stopped just a few meters before them - close enough for a decent conversation, but with a fair amount of space that would otherwise tell them they're strangers to each other.

"Your place lacks security. As a mage, you should be ashamed of yourself, for not having at least any form of protection spell."

Bradamante intervened. "I'm afraid that is not the answer to what he asked you."

Sen stared at Bradamante, softly grunted, then continued. "You remember agreeing to work for us, yes?"

Alton nodded. "Uh...yes."

"Well, it turns out that today is the day you get your first task."

What happens next?
Alton feels unprepared and asks about the task.
Alton is taken aback, but complies without much struggle.

Last edited:
vRH here.

Short post again, had to squeeze this in on a time restraint. If enough votes come through in the next few days (or maybe even hours), I might be able to do a more substantial post.

Anyways, I'll be tagging the participants now after every update post - make you all get the notifs and help you catch up on what you may have missed.

pioca pioca Epiphany Epiphany Copykat Copykat

Hey guys, Rein/vRH here.

Just gonna tell you all that the update should come by April 25th, as I have been caught in some unexpected business.

Also, the story will be going through a time skip about a few updates from now, so be prepared for a slightly new pacing, and more lore goodness.

I'll see you all again soon.

Moonlit Crusade
QUEST LOG

CHAPTER 1:
Magus's Fault

10 - 16 - 17 (MORNING)
Alton's Apartment

"What kind of task is it?", Alton asked.

"You'll know soon.", Sen said.

"Wai-", before Alton could even finish one word, Sen quickly drew a small talisman inscribe with strange characters, seemingly oriental, and cast a teleportation spell - immediately sending the three of them to a certain location. One which is already quite familiar to Alton and Bradamante.

AMP Headquarters

The three find themselves in a room, back at the AMP Headquarters, the one stationed in Blancrete. There, two familiar faces awaited for them - Harvey, and Fernand. While the sight may seem normal to Sen, to the two, it seemed rather unnatural - they've seen Harvey a bunch of times by now, but Fernand...they've only met him on one occasion.

"That took a while.", Fernand looked at Sen.

Sen took a quick glare at Alton, then turned her attention back to Fernand. "I did not anticipate his lax routine, Sir Fernand."

Fernand nodded, and turned to Alton. "You already know why you've been sent here, yes?"

"You're going to me a task?"

"Correct.", Fernand took a step forward. "I have recruited you, but that doesn't mean you have already proven me your worth, as a mage. This task I am going to give you will give you the opportunity to show me what your capabilities are."

"Fernand.", Harvey intervened. "He's just new. He doesn't even know a single spell yet! Don't force him to do tasks not on his level. You, of all people, should know the consequences of that."

Fernand looked at Harvey eye to eye, then turned his attention back to Alton. "Is this true?", he asked. "Have you no experience in magic?"

Alton nodded. "Yes.

"Hm.", Fernand contemplated for a short while. "Then I shall give a different task instead. Wait here." Fernand left the room, looking a bit disappointed.

What happens next?
Alton's curiosity urges him to ask about Fernand's original task.
Alton shows his gratitude to Harvey, for standing up for him.

✧ alton's curiosity urges him to ask about fernand's original task.

harvey deserves gratitude, but i'm also very curious. 0:

vRH here.

If by tomorrow we don't get a tiebreaker, either from Copykat Copykat or a new participant, I'll roll a die on this post to decide which vote wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back