• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Moonlit Crisis OOC

Just sittin here, hoping someone will come along who has not have a character yet so I can have a grand familiar. Sorry about the wait peeps.

Idea Idea there is a chance my character may have a Grand Familiar. But that depends how things go in the RP. Nap Nap is also on the table for a Grand Familiar and I have yet to decide whether I'll have Howard pick one or not depending on what I see and how I believe he'd see the point of having one.

Idea Idea there is a chance my character may have a Grand Familiar. But that depends how things go in the RP. Nap Nap is also on the table for a Grand Familiar and I have yet to decide whether I'll have Howard pick one or not depending on what I see and how I believe he'd see the point of having one.
alright, thanks for the consideration! But if you already have a deal with someone else, I won't try to step in between you two, last thing I want is to upset people who didn't do anything to me. Worst case scenario, I can just pull out and try to find somewhere else. Still, again, thanks!

alright, thanks for the consideration! But if you already have a deal with someone else, I won't try to step in between you two, last thing I want is to upset people who didn't do anything to me. Worst case scenario, I can just pull out and try to find somewhere else. Still, again, thanks!
What type of Grand Familiar do you have in mind? My darling Grinn would certainly love a companion to cause mayhem and havic.

What type of Grand Familiar do you have in mind? My darling Grinn would certainly love a companion to cause mayhem and havic.
Well, I do have a couple ideas, but I work best with all the variables. After all, I abhor wasting my time. So if it's a companion to cause havoc you want, I can certainly arrange my ideas into that. Mixing things is a specialty of mine, I often say XD

Well, I do have a couple ideas, but I work best with all the variables. After all, I abhor wasting my time. So if it's a companion to cause havoc you want, I can certainly arrange my ideas into that. Mixing things is a specialty of mine, I often say XD
Nice! Just curious, but which type would you fancy playing more? Would you prefer to be a mage whose destructive magic wreaks havoc upon her foes, a cunning assassin who slips past any guards and walls to kill their victims, a powerful fighter whose sheer strength can match that of an army's, or mayhaps something else entirely? Nothing important really, just curious is all.

Feel free to play any character you wish. I am fine with anytiing you come up with. Heck, you can even make a goody goody familiar if you want. I'd love to see your familiars reactions on the lovely mess Grinn leaves in her wake, oh she does love riling people up!

Nice! Just curious, but which type would you fancy playing more? Would you prefer to be a mage whose destructive magic wreaks havoc upon her foes, a cunning assassin who slips past any guards and walls to kill their victims, a powerful fighter whose sheer strength can match that of an army's, or mayhaps something else entirely? Nothing important really, just curious is all.

Feel free to play any character you wish. I am fine with anytiing you come up with. Heck, you can even make a goody goody familiar if you want. I'd love to see your familiars reactions on the lovely mess Grinn leaves in her wake, oh she does love riling people up!
I think as far as that line of characters goes (so the more "evil" aligned kind) I'm a big fan of irony and mind powers. The idea of control and being able to amass power without needing to fight for it are really appealing to me yet my real passion as far as those characters go is turning the opponent's own power, friends, work, motivation or whatever else, against them. This can go from the powerful overlord who mocks the rebel's words and ideals to the hydra which turns the enemy's attempt to kill them into their own strength, by growing two new heads for each that is cut, to the brave hero turned corrupted by the inability to accomplish their task, to the simple contrast of a little girl who is about to murder you. I am also quite found or philosophical characters, exploring the ultimate consequences of particular points of view.

If restricted to one of the three options you gave me though, I would take the assassin. There's no point if you just die cause you were too flashy.

And yourself?

I think as far as that line of characters goes (so the more "evil" aligned kind) I'm a big fan of irony and mind powers. The idea of control and being able to amass power without needing to fight for it are really appealing to me yet my real passion as far as those characters go is turning the opponent's own power, friends, work, motivation or whatever else, against them. This can go from the powerful overlord who mocks the rebel's words and ideals to the hydra which turns the enemy's attempt to kill them into their own strength, by growing two new heads for each that is cut, to the brave hero turned corrupted by the inability to accomplish their task, to the simple contrast of a little girl who is about to murder you. I am also quite found or philosophical characters, exploring the ultimate consequences of particular points of view.

If restricted to one of the three options you gave me though, I would take the assassin. There's no point if you just die cause you were too flashy.

And yourself?
You, my friend, are most definitely a delightful one! I am also of the same mind as you are. I love playing the villain, especially ones that excel in mind games and trickery. There's nothing wrong with being a mindless brute, and it can be quite relaxing minding nothing else but smashing those that stands in your path, but mind games is where it's at.

I especially love it when a hero feels like he's about to win when everything he's done is to follow your script. Villifying the hero and making yourself the savior of the day in front of the masses? Whoo! That gives me the tingles! Using everything they've gained and earned and turning it against them? Oh lord, what a show!

Again, you're free to play whichever way you want. I would love to see what you have in store. As for my character, Grinn is a mage/assassin hybrid who specializes in mind and illusion magic. She uses it as distraction and misdirection to make the kill, though unlike conventional assassins, Grinn is a showman and tends to be flashy, flamboyant, and over the top.

Pleasure doing business with you.

You, my friend, are most definitely a delightful one! I am also of the same mind as you are. I love playing the villain, especially ones that excel in mind games and trickery. There's nothing wrong with being a mindless brute, and it can be quite relaxing minding nothing else but smashing those that stands in your path, but mind games is where it's at.

I especially love it when a hero feels like he's about to win when everything he's done is to follow your script. Villifying the hero and making yourself the savior of the day in front of the masses? Whoo! That gives me the tingles! Using everything they've gained and earned and turning it against them? Oh lord, what a show!
Oh yes. I especially take after a particular character I love named Nicol Bolas. They are basically this cunning dragon mage, and in one instance, they travelled to another world, killed everyone but the children too young to remember it and warped the very essence of it's deities to perform a ritual that involved training and killing the best soldiers, which would later be risen as an undead army for this dragon. Then the heroes went there to confront him and he destroyed the mind of one, talked another into quitting, and bashed the last of them. One of my favorite lines of that confrontation is "That was your mind expert, I believe? Do you have a plan B? If you'd like you can just shout your plans to each other, I promise I´ll pretend not to listen."

Again, you're free to play whichever way you want. I would love to see what you have in store. As for my character, Grinn is a mage/assassin hybrid who specializes in mind and illusion magic. She uses it as distraction and misdirection to make the kill, though unlike conventional assassins, Grinn is a showman and tends to be flashy, flamboyant, and over the top.

Pleasure doing business with you.
I'll go read your CS at once then and begin working on my character. Would you perhaps like to discuss more details in PM, creating a pre-existing backstory and dynamic between our charaters or perhaps even plans for the future?

PS: I couldn't help but notice your profile pic is Richard, and don't worry, the orphanage totally hit first. ;)

Oh yes. I especially take after a particular character I love named Nicol Bolas. They are basically this cunning dragon mage, and in one instance, they travelled to another world, killed everyone but the children too young to remember it and warped the very essence of it's deities to perform a ritual that involved training and killing the best soldiers, which would later be risen as an undead army for this dragon. Then the heroes went there to confront him and he destroyed the mind of one, talked another into quitting, and bashed the last of them. One of my favorite lines of that confrontation is "That was your mind expert, I believe? Do you have a plan B? If you'd like you can just shout your plans to each other, I promise I´ll pretend not to listen."

I'll go read your CS at once then and begin working on my character. Would you perhaps like to discuss more details in PM, creating a pre-existing backstory and dynamic between our charaters or perhaps even plans for the future?

PS: I couldn't help but notice your profile pic is Richard, and don't worry, the orphanage totally hit first. ;)
My CS isn't quite done yet, still missing the personality, backstory, and the creme de la crop of her spells. Though I would definitely love to discuss it further through pm. For Pony!

I am very interested in this RP! I'm currently engrossed in a lot of stuff atm but I will take the time to read all the lore and then perhaps make a character. I PLAN on making a Familiar so any Mages or potential mages interested just talk to me! <3

I'd like to take a poll for which familiar I should aim towards. One is a figure from history whereas the other is a character from a middle eastern folk tale. I'll be using their backgrounds as a skeleton but I will flesh them out and add/remove stuff in order to better meet my tastes.

The first is Duban, a character. Duban was a sage who worked for King Yunan. Yunan's advisor warns the king that Duban is going to try to kill him (though Duban was loyal af so that advisor is a snaaake), and Yunan executes the sage. Duban gives the king a magic book just before he is beheaded and the king ends up dying because the OG poisoned the pages

The second is Takeda Shingen. Known as the Tiger of Kai, he was a reputable samurai with a lot of kills under his belt as well as poems. However, he died mysteriously and the warrior Oda Nobunaga took power afterwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back