• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern *monty python voice* bring out ur gays

maybeval

aspiring hot mess
hello everyone. im val, and despite the newness of my account ive been an on again/off again member of rpn for just about 4 years (and have been roleplaying for 6). new name, same bitter lesbian. this is going to be a relatively low energy post, but i promise i have a personality.

lets start with the basics. i guess im what you could consider to be a para rper, but im not super intense about it. i tend to not dip below 2-3 decent sized paragraphs per post, but honestly im pretty flexible when it comes to length. its quality over quantity, and id rather have only a couple of well tho(ugh)t out paragraphs that flesh out the characters and advance the plot than like one and a half pages of rambling my immortal-esque descriptions of absolutely nothing. if i have a lot to say, ill say it, but concision is important too.

(this is why i dont write when im tired omg. i sound SO serious and boring. i promise 90% of the time im a very bouncy kinda snarky 18 year old who doesnt know how to shut up. but apparently me being kinda moody rn means i have to be all Serious ™ and Focused ™ and Lame ™ )

anyways yeah, you can expect anywhere between 2 and 12 paragraphs from me. wed be here all night if i was just gonna list out every single factor that affects my length, but things like context and my own personal investment/energy are important.

speaking of investment? warning in advance. i have mega adhd and when i get invested i get invested. im 1000% the kind of person to spam you with ideas at some ungodly hour in the middle of the night. creating is an extremely social process for me and i like to share all of my tho(ugh)ts and ideas and get feedback and hear your ideas and all that jazz. ngl i can be kinda intense at times so if that seems like a deal breaker to you, it probably is. like youre gonna get crazy levels of development and honestly a really cool and unique final product but it comes at the cost of a hyper teenager chatting your ear off.

characters are kinda the most important part of rping for me. i really love piecing together these really flawed and damaged characters (apparently when im tired and moody i become super pretentious too. neat) and having a partner who doesnt deliver the same level of enthusiasm towards characters and gives me something thats tired and underdeveloped is a total deal breaker for me. i can write both male and female characters (though as a cis woman i tend steer away from writing trans characters. id rather not overgeneralize the experiences of and misportray trans ppl.), and am down for writing gay/bi characters and even gasp! the hets™. really whats most important to me is the quality of the characters themselves, and not so much their gender/orientation. even though them being super gay is a plus not gonna lie there.

lets get to plot. i like things that are pretty dark and moody, but still with a decent amount of teenaged bullshit to ground them. end of the fucking world continues to be my favorite show after two years so that should give you a decent idea of where i stand. theres gonna be a list under here of things im interested in and its gonna be all over the place but yknow thats okay

-closeted gays
-small towns in the middle of nowhere
-Trauma ™ with a capital t
-runaways
-recovery
-staring down the barrel of your own mortality
-sad rich kids
-hollywood. actors, artists, models, it doesnt matter. all of the industries are absolutely rampant with abuse and its a fun topic to explore. (especially underaged models and child stars omg)
-downward spirals and falls from grace
-cool dystopias and not just "what if love was ILLEGAL!!!11!!!!!11" thats called being gay in the us before like 2009, sharon
-coming of age
-strange things living in the woods that youve gotta hunt down armed with your old little league baseball bat and the most dangerous thing you could find at the hardware store for less than twenty bucks
-superheroes, vigilantes, and all that good jazz.
-i love me some moral g(r)ayness
-once in a blue moon ill come across a slice of life that doesnt suck
-death is always a good plot device
-gore (until i stop being moody and then trust me i wont even want to think about blood lol)
-stupid dumb idiot kids making the worst mistakes of their lives and then they just kinda hafta claw themselves out of the hole they dug
-i have an oc whos honestly a complete monster. if you want her to ruin your ocs life lmk
-i love me a good luigi board
-cults and conspiracies? fun
-anything with dipshit teenagers getting involved in something thats a lot bigger than them
-sometimes you just need a good high school rp with a lot of drama and gays that doesnt take itself too seriosuly
-always down for a lil bit of mental illness and substance abuse as the shit cherry on top of everything else

im always down for things that arent on this list. so if you have any other ideas feel free to share. just know that im not really into fantasy

okay so. things that im looking for in a partner

-be responsive. i dont mean you have to reply 90 times a day or anything like that, but be an active participant in the roleplay. dont leave all the world building or plot development to me. show some interest or ill quickly lose mine
-be above 16 pls xx
-be up for a lotta ooc chit chat, both rp related and otherwise. i like to be able to have a steady dialogue with my partner
-be capable of writing male and female characters (unless youre like trans and that causes u dysphoria, which is totally chill w me and i wont force you to write anything that makes u uncomfortable)
-please dont take this too seriously its just a roleplay lol
-be capable of offering at least 2 paragraphs per post
-write some major fucking bombass characters pls n thank u ive seen too many brown haired space twinks and girls whos only flaw is how stubborn they are in my day

im sure that theres a million other things i should mention, but im drawing a blank for the time being. if youre interested just lmk

Last edited:
bumping her bc i like biting off more roleplays than i can chew for the sake of that hardcore angst

hey!! im azra, canadian, 17 and i am HERE for angst. i have Trauma with a T™ and so do most of my ocs because of that lmao. id totally be up for morally (g(r)ay) teens getting into something Far Bigger Than Them and as a Result Are Hunting Things™ In The Forest.
me, just seeing ur 'pm me': oops

Users who are viewing this thread

Back