• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Monstrous High-Level Pathfinder Game [Forum] [Dice]

TacoMann

Just a sweet transvestite
I've always been a sucker for D&D, experiment around with other system as I have, the basic one has always been my teacher, and mental lover. About a year ago I converted to Pathfinder, because all the cool kids are doing it and fuck 4e. But I digress. I'm here to talk about an ODD concept of mine. Well not so odd, you probably like it if you read the title and clicked the thread. I'm more than alittle new to Forum RP's, in honesty. I'm an old dog like that. But I feel like this may be the better point to launch a concept of mine from.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/home

-Ahem-

SETTING CONCEPT!

• THE WORLD: A schizo-tech anachronism stew. What runs this world? Rule of Cool, Rule of Drama, and Rule of My Fragile Fragile Ego, are what this world lives around. Pirates, Cyberpunk Dystopias, Desert Wastes, Deep Sprawling Catacombs, Asylums, Cathedrals, Alien Spires, Yakuza Plots. Damn near any genre that you can tack "Mystery" or "Horror" around, it is present. Hop to yonder, and you'll be discovering a conspiracy amongst the Fair Folk to corrupt various children unto the occult. Fly South, you'll discover a cannibalistic cult led by a madman, who keeps the "fresh meat" in a lotus-eater machine. Head West, Ancient Android Factories buried in ancient ruins! The only genre link is the sinister and mysterious!
  • THE COSMOS: As a classic D&D Player, a Pathfinder Player, a fan of Lovecraft, and Ancient Mythology. The available deities to choose from, for a devout character are as follows: Any you can show and explain to me from a pre-existing source! (Yajweh, Baron Samedi, Cthulhu, Olidammara, Zues, Hermaphrodites, and more!) However, if you are looking for a deity to suit your character in specific, and are not sure who to pick, I am more likely to shove you along to one of my many homebrew deities, who if requested about, I will list.
  • THE PARTY: Consists of a team of odd, peculiar, and monstrous individuals, bound to eachother's souls, and the service of the Court of the Veil. A party could contain an Ice Devil, and a Storm Giant, working in unison! A Burly Ogre Gunslinger, and an Angelic Alchemist, debating their work ethics. Regardless, the party is forestalled from slaying one another by some, transcendental entity, or law. For an additional price, templates may be applied to PC's.
  • YOU: Are an investigator. Formally, you are mercenaries, working as staff-men under the enigmatic Court of The Veil. Shrouding yourself as humans formally, and investigating various things considered odd-goings on by your higher ups. And in this setting, damn near everything could be called odd! How you investigate? Up to you. You will be going up against foes quite horrific, even by the standards of your races. Your tools of survival? Up to you! You want to blast those baddies back with magic? A nice rifle? A sword that shoots frickin' laserbeams?! Let me know!

HOUSE RULES!

• All players start with a total of 10 levels. You could start as a level 10 Pure Bard, a Level 6 Rogue/4 Wizard, a Sexy level 2 Bard/Fighter/Rogue/Inquisitor/Witch, go nuts!
  • Each player begins with roughly 32,000 GP worth of gear and magic items, as well as a specially designed ring, only they may use, which effectively polymorphs them into a human. For
  • If you see a 3rd Party Class, an Archetype, or just have some strange, bizarre idea you JUST WANNA TRY! Please. Let me know!
  • You may NOT play as a Core Race, unless you have decided to make your character weird beyond belief through some means. This will typically mean applying a monstrous template to them, or going with a class like, say, Alchemist, and blowing your discoveries on tentacles.
  • All Monsters you choose to play must be briefly run by me, so I may better debate your level modifier for said monster.
  • Dullahans are now fey. Don't ask why. They just are now.

I'd love to play a dragon, if someone has rules for one. Or, is there a pdf book I could download?

There are rules for them in d&d that shouldn't be hard to transfer across, I'll try and track them down after my game tonight. Do you know what sort you want to play?

Dragons be in the Core Rules. :)

More accurately- okay. you go to the Bestiary Section of the SRD site, right? And the way he's working this- you take the Dragon type you want. That is your base sheet- then you apply the increases from levels.

However, for every 2 CR (Challenge Rating) of the monster, that's one of your levels of EXP gone to be a monster. If I remember what he and I where tossing around in Steam Chat correctly.

SephirothSage said:
Dragons be in the Core Rules. :)
More accurately- okay. you go to the Bestiary Section of the SRD site, right? And the way he's working this- you take the Dragon type you want. That is your base sheet- then you apply the increases from levels.

However, for every 2 CR (Challenge Rating) of the monster, that's one of your levels of EXP gone to be a monster. If I remember what he and I where tossing around in Steam Chat correctly.
Well, that was the initial plan, but then I realized that might not work too well. Imma do the EXP downbump on a player-by-player basis.

And if you want the DnD Rules for reference- I own a Hardcover of the 3.5 Draconomicon.

I can walk you through making a Dragon, and help you on Level Up, if Taco wants to use those rules.

SephirothSage said:
And if you want the DnD Rules for reference- I own a Hardcover of the 3.5 Draconomicon.
I can walk you through making a Dragon, and help you on Level Up, if Taco wants to use those rules.
Cool. I just found on 4shared a pdf of the draconomicon. Does it have rules for running a gold dragon? Or is it just the chromatics?

It's alll the Dragons.

Alll of them.

That said- 3.0 / 3.5 has some differences from Pathfinder.

Hence waiting on a DM Ruling.

But yes- I have /run/ a gold Dragon using those rules.

It also has some kickass feats for Dragons, some Dragon PRC's, so on so forth.

Yum! I'll look over my download, but if this is ok'd by @TacoMann, I'd like to go with either a Gold or Silver dragon.

@SephirothSage

A most excellent gold dragon at that!

@Sherwood

I'll need to look over the PDF, a link in a PM would be most pleasant, and I'll hope to have a roleplay thread proper up

@shepsquared

I embrace that concept with open arms, as I would a young infant being thrust into them by my beloved sister whom I'm waiting on for a chance to be The Zany Uncle.

TacoMann said:
@SephirothSage
A most excellent gold dragon at that!

@Sherwood

I'll need to look over the PDF, a link in a PM would be most pleasant, and I'll hope to have a roleplay thread proper up

@shepsquared

I embrace that concept with open arms, as I would a young infant being thrust into them by my beloved sister whom I'm waiting on for a chance to be The Zany Uncle.
I have to look over the download I just got to see if it has what I'm looking for. It might be easier if I can get @SephirothSage to work with me on this, and I promise not to kill your characters in my games for at least one more day.

The Deal is Signed, I'll get a Blood Contract.

SPEAKING OF WHICH!

My Current Thought is a Succubus Vampire Sorceress.

That idea sucks. Get it? A vampire that sucks? Ha! I kill myself!

Any rules on starting out hit points? Do we get to max them out for any/all levels to make us more monstrous?

Sherwood said:
Any rules on starting out hit points? Do we get to max them out for any/all levels to make us more monstrous?
In essence. You get the hit dice of your Monster Category (Aberration, Humanoid, Etc), for all levels lost to that, and the rest as your class hit die.

So how does a dragon PC work in this? Do we start out as a hatchling, then age as we level up?

Okay- how Draconomicon Handled it?

*Ahem*

You have your Racial hit die. Okay- all well and dandy.

You have your modifiers frm all that.

You have your Class Levels.

Time passes ICly, so you aren't aging by taking class levels- however!

There is, effectively- when you would age due to IC time passage- a dragon "Class" you have to take a level in.

If you went up an age category, that also factors in.

And, adding some simple answers to things, just how old you choose to start, affects your base CR, therefore, affects just how big the level modification is. This ain't Pokemon, you'll be aging chronologically (unless you go with a time dragon.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back