• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Table of Contents
Created at
Index progress
Complete

And of course there must be something wrong / In wanting to silence any song.
Table of Contents & Basics

Featherstone

Fleet-fingered Father of Falcons
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Feel free to PM me if nothing that's already written clicks with you but you think we'd be a good fit, or if you like a character but are unsure of available plots~

Sound of Thunder​

- a partner search -

cc4fc7c792ead3b244b71226d4510500.jpg

Table of Contents
> Introduction & Expectations
> Plots western

Genres & Inspirations
settings - original worlds; high, low, science, modern, & dark fantasy; science fiction; futuristic; modern; medieval; western; post-war; pseudo-historical

genres - western; fantasy/science fantasy; lovecraftian; orwellian; horror; psychological; mythological; dystopian

themes - dark themes; war/ruins of war; monsters; unconventional monsters; paradigm shift; magic; religion; faith; god/s; demons; mythology; morality; redemption

tropes/tags - enemies to friends/lovers; slow burn; platonic; romantic; lgbtq+

video games - Prey (2017); Red Dead Redemption 2; Subnautica

songs - "Chemical Courage," "Killing Man," "Soldier's Eyes," Jack Savoretti; "God's Gonna Cut You Down," "Wayfaring Stranger," Johnny Cash; "Personal Jesus," Depeche Mode; "Teeth" Five Seconds of Summer; "Pray," "Inkpot Gods," The Amazing Devil; "Goliath" Woodkid

books - The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde; The Road by Cormac McCarthy; The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin; The Belgariad by David Eddings

Pairings
m// * m/f * m/nb
▴ monster x monster hunter
▴ detective x assisting criminal psychologist
▴ soldier x enemy soldier
▴ soldier x soldier
▴ outlaw x bounty hunter
▴ military scientist x subject

My Do's
✓ Dark themes
✓ Fade-to-black / site rules
✓ OOC & collaboration
✓ Discord OOC
✓ LGBTQ+
✓ Rapid fire
✓ Slow burn. Very. Slow. Burn.
✓ PM's or private (workshop) threads
✓ WORLDBUILDING.
✓ Side characters
✓ Dark/mature themes

My Don't's
✗ Anything against site rules
✗ Anything non-consensual between PC's, even off screen
✗ Pointless/glorified violence/gore/torture
✗ Lack of OOC discussion
✗ Being heckled for posts
✗ Doubling
✗ Discord for in-character narratives (OOC is awesome!)
✗ Assigned power dynamics

Last edited:
Introduction & Expectations
Introduction
About Me
M
y name is Feather, a.k.a. Fea (he/him/his)! I'm an undergraduate biology major, occasional GM, and constant bird fanatic. I've been rping for ten years or so and am looking to add in one or two long-term, committed-but-flexible roleplays to my docket. If you've made it this far, I'm guessing that you already took a quick glance at my do's and don't's and a few pairing ideas, so I'll just go ahead and give you the nutshell of what you can expect from me. If you didn't/couldn't because of the code, here's that information in spoilers and plain text:

settings - original worlds; high, low, science, modern, & dark fantasy; science fiction; futuristic; modern; medieval; western; post-war; pseudo-historical

genres - western; fantasy/science fantasy; lovecraftian; orwellian; horror; psychological; mythological; dystopian; modern fantasy; crime

themes - dark themes; war/ruins of war; monsters; unconventional monsters; paradigm shift; magic; religion; faith; god/s; demons; mythology; morality; redemption

tropes/tags - enemies to friends/lovers; slow burn; platonic; romantic; lgbtq+

video game inspiration - Prey (2017); Red Dead Redemption 2; Subnautica

song inspiration - "Chemical Courage," "Killing Man," "Soldier's Eyes," Jack Savoretti; "God's Gonna Cut You Down," "Wayfaring Stranger," Johnny Cash; "Personal Jesus," Depeche Mode; "Teeth" Five Seconds of Summer; "Pray," "Inkpot Gods," The Amazing Devil; "Goliath" Woodkid

books - The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde; The Road by Cormac McCarthy; The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin; The Belgariad by David Eddings

m// * m/f * m/nb
▴ monster x monster hunter
▴ detective x assisting criminal psychologist
▴ soldier x enemy soldier
▴ soldier x soldier
▴ outlaw x bounty hunter

✓ Dark themes
✓ Fade-to-black / site rules
✓ OOC & collaboration
✓ Discord OOC
✓ LGBTQ+
✓ Rapid fire
✓ Slow burn. Very. Slow. Burn.
✓ PM's or private (workshop) threads
✓ WORLDBUILDING.
✓ Side characters
✓ Dark/mature themes

✗ Anything against site rules
✗ Anything non-consensual between PC's, even off screen
✗ Pointless/glorified violence/gore/torture
✗ Lack of OOC discussion
✗ Being heckled for posts
✗ Doubling
✗ Discord for in-character narratives (OOC is awesome!)
✗ Assigned power dynamics

If you want to know more about my style or my tastes, you can find a fancy writing sample here, and a typical post sample here. Here is a WIP lore document for one of my current projects, and a character sheet for the same one.

My responses are between advanced lit and lazy lit, and somewhere between 200-1k words on average. I'm very flexible on post length. Sometimes dialogue only requires a paragraph or two, whereas a long timeskip can take over 2k words. I can (almost always) ensure daily replies, often more than one, and love rapid-fire. I'm very active in OOC and can always supply chatter and collaboration in worldbuilding, plot stuff, and so on. I fondly refer to myself as a "lore whore," and will almost always create extensive lore documents for writing projects—I don't expect my partners to do the same, nor do I expect them to memorize everything I make, and I'm always happy to collaborate and change things. But be warned: when my muse is fully engaged, I create lore in excess.

I write a variety of characters, but right now prefer to run a male main. I mostly write M//, but am open to other pairings, platonic included! I mainly write fantasy (low, high, dark, modern, and science fantasy) and science fiction. I'm okay with clichés and the occasional bit of lazy plotting or worldbuilding, so long as everything is agreed-upon and the characters' dynamics are interesting enough, too. I don't double, but will always write a wide variety of side characters and NPC's.

I also expect you to at least read the bullet points and, due to the fact that I've had my rules blown off one too many times, there will be some things at the bottom that I ask you to include in your PM to me.

I prefer to keep roleplays on-site in PM's and OOC on Discord, but these points are flexible.

◆ Very active; typically daily replies, love rapid-fire
◆ Lazy literate/advanced literate, depending on my muse and energy level that day
◆ I prefer to keep rp's on-site but have a strong preference for doing OOC on Discord
◆ Prefer PM's or private threads, but am flexible
◆ Looking for something long-term and collaborative
◆ 200+ words a post, usually around 500ish, can go above 3k or below 200; I try to mirror at a minimum
◆ Love OOC and collaboration
◆ Worldbuilding
◆ LGBTQ+
◆ Pacific Time
◆ Am over 21
◆ As you can tell, I code sometimes, but I don't expect the same from you and don't always do it myself.

Expectations
M
ost of these are flexible, so if you feel we'd fit but there's just one or two exceptions, feel free to message me anyways! Please send all queries through PM and do not reply to this thread, unless it is a brief question for clarity's sake or you haven't earned PM privileges yet.

Activity: Be able to do rapid-fire at least sometimes, and on average be able to give me a post more days than not. I understand that life happens, and I won't get angry or nag you. It's fine if you need to disappear for a few weeks, or even months. Life happens! This is just talking generally.
OOC: Work with me. Collaborate. Talk to me in OOC. I'd like to make friends to one degree or another, and although I can live without that, I absolutely can't keep my muse going for an rp where there's no back-and-forth.
Writing: Mostly looking for anyone who can usually give 200+ words, but it's flexible. I'm fine with one-liners in heavy dialogue, or reading a darn novel in a time skip...it's situational!
Understanding: Although I'm usually pretty active, I do have a life, as I expect you will, too. If I disappear for a little bit, I'll try to let you know, but please don't nag me for a post. I will extend the same courtesy to you.
Coding: Don't care if you do it or not, though I sometimes do! That being said, one of my nitpicks is that I just do not like coding for every post. Sometimes I'll make chapters or whatever and code the first post of a part or something like that, but it just drives me crazy to have it for every post. It's also harder to mirror if there's a height set and a scrollbox.
If you read this: Please include a pairing, plot, or character you're interested in, or bring me an idea of your own. Tell me your favorite bird.

Last edited:
Plots - Western
Western (is "Werewolf Western" a genre?)

Tremble 'neath the Sound of Thunder (NB/F, NB/M, NB//)*
Hearken to the Sound of Thunder
AU Wild West - Religion - Gender - Werewolves
Romantic or platonic - Paradigm Shift - Internalized Prejudice - Western Tragedy
monster hunter who is a monster x human monster hunter * unwitting enemies to lovers * bounty hunters * monster hunters * outlaw x bounty hunter or outlaw x outlaw * monster x human or monster x monster * outcasts

T

he vast, untouched tracts of mountains and plains expanding into the unknown promises a second chance, a new start, for the outcasts of a rigid, classist society from whence they came. Revolutionaries and recluses, poor men seeking fresh fortune and rich men possessed by wanderlust, sexual deviants accused of sodomy, and religious minorities demonized as cults all flee into the untamed wilderness of an American-esque continent to find safety. Some dream of discovering a community free of judgment and persecution, where they are free to exist. Others are content merely with isolation.

Among those migrating into the great wilds are monsters—vampires, werewolves, demonspawn, nephilim, changelings, practitioners of mystic arts, and their familiars. With bounties on them in any properly civilized region (or at least those civilized by their home country) and their skins, teeth, or heads displayed prominently in storefronts and butcheries, their populations dwindle and they live in constant terror of being next. Some regions are only remotely more tolerant of certain, more human-seeing beings—witches, for example, might be spared violence if they keep quietly enough in a small town and don't make their practices too obvious, and nephilim can be useful laborers so long as they know their place. Changelings and werewolves at least get the privilege of being able to pass as human so long as no one looks too closely or at the wrong time. But as monsters and mystics enact their mass exodus, they bring hunters on their heels—those determined enough to wipe them from existence that they are willing to brave hostile, uncharted and lawless lands to do it.

Muse A, nicknamed T, is one such monster hunter. He picks up crews when he needs them and then goes on alone again, from town to town, territory to territory, making a small name for himself. A bounty hunter might know the moniker if they heard it; so might an agent of a local law. But no newspaper, no publication, no upper crust or person who grew up in a real city would have any reason to, unless they were a monster worried about being added to the bone trophies dangling off his saddle.

Muse B—Y/C—is a monster. Muse A is on the trail of a prominent werewolf pack, and Muse B, who has a price on their own head, used to run with them/otherwise knows quite a bit about them. Muse A tracks Muse B down and, instead of killing Muse B, captures them. T offers a deal: freedom and protection in exchange for help tracking down the pack. Under duress, Muse B agrees, and the two strike out together under a stringent truce, forced to rely on one-another in spite of their distrust as they reach the mountains and winter hits.

Alternatives:
- Muse B is also a monster hunter, and they team up together. Soon, though, it becomes apparent that Muse A isn't entirely human themselves—and by the time the secret is out, they're snowed in and it's too late to turn around.

Last edited:
Modern Fantasy
Modern Fantasy

The Rose King
The Rose King
Crime Noir - Morality - Slow Burn - AU Earth
Romantic or platonic - M// or M/NB - Redemption
detective x criminal psychologist * closeted x out? * alcoholic/addict x recovering? * ideas welcome!

O
ver the past thirty years, the Blackthorns—a criminal cartel interested primarily in cocaine and heroin—has gone from a small gang in the the Pacific Northwest to one of the nation's largest and most prominent criminal organizations in the country. Their leader's identity has been unknown, with no leads, for the better part of these past three decades, but now as tensions mount in the criminal underworld, one of his former henchmen has stepped forward and turned over vital information into the hands of the law.

Still, a first name—likely an alias—and a detailed appearance is not enough to find and convict the criminal. Y/C, a federal detective, is put onto the case to find (and, eventually, catch) this Rose King. After nearly a year on the case (and perhaps personal interest preceding the assignment...Y/C's potential connections to the case are up to you), a criminal psychologist (M/C) is brought onto the team to help, and the two team up to uncover the Rose King's secrets and bring him to justice.

Last edited:
Hii! Could we do monster hunter who is a monster x human monster hunter? I'd prefer the actual monster.

(Bump!)

Sorry if there was anything unclear, but feel free to reach out to be via PM after you’ve read through the expectations section in the introduction post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back