• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Monsters Among Men (Closed)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

AniMANIA7983

Axolotl be back
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is a closed roleplay, but feel free to read and leave suggestions in the OOC. This rp will have 3 people behind it and is accepting suggestions to the story linked in other at the top

it starts with three characters, the god of this realm, a monster who has gained a conscience, and a pompous smartass

Last edited:
in a long forgotten realm, in a long forgotten world, near a long forgotten tower, there stood a creature known as a Mind Flayer Archanist. The creature was large in intellect and in ego. They saw this fractured tower and sensed a large magical energy, and with their inflated ego, the only thought they had was, “this tower shall be mine.”, with one of their dark arts, they slowly made their way toward it, floating 300 ft above the ground. And as they stepped foot upon the top of the tower, a temporary paralysis spell was cast upon them. Causing them to fall and land on one of the many sky bridges.

meanwhile under ground there lied 2 lowly creatures. Golems, one of flesh and one of metal; armor specifically. Fused to each other by the magical tether keeping them alive, though their master has long departed. They were kept alive by the immense magic of the tower. Before them stood a man, tasked with ridding the world of said creature, though not of their own will. They were merely doing a job required of them for a guild in a nearby village.

i watched the 3 with solid gaze, wondering what could transpire. I was unfamiliar with this world, but i knew one thing. It was abandoned by its diety, and I was a diety looking for a world with meaningful life. What was about to transpire would determine wether or not i would pick this world to be my own restarting point, or wether i would resume it where it was. If it was deemed worthy, i would watch over it as its last deity, if not, it would be swallowed up by my own big bang.
THICCDRAGON THICCDRAGON Gabriel117 Gabriel117

Shalgroth wakes up in a daze his limbs feeling achy being paralyzed for as long as that was. He stretches and looks around seeing where he has landed. He gets up and looks for the nearest entrance and walks inside, once Inside he finds himself in some sort of alchemy room with potions and ingredients scattered about. There seems to be some parchment on a table in the corner next to some books he picks up a book with no title, it’s cover is made of some sort of blackened leather with some symbols of something magical.

“Yet another pitiful being, perhaps they’ll forget us too.” The blackened armor speaks, far too clear to be just an ordinary animation spell. It’s deep yet airy and hollow voice barely a whisper, even at full volume in the dark desolate tunnels.

A single picture falls from the recently broken man’s satchel. A woman and child in the faded paper and ink.
Vague memories flash through Paul’s mind , of a life not so much forgotten but missing, as he gingerly picks the object from the floor “perhaps not as worthless as it may seem” a faint remnant of sadness begins to make its way into the stitched heart of the golems body. “ maybe neither are we”

Paul sits with his back against the wall of the cave wondering if perhaps there’s more to life than just dark caves, and forgotten victims rotting by his side.

I tilt my head. The being that seemed to have higher intellectual capacity than the other shows scarce promise. They seemed to be haphazardly walking into the trapped building which made them collapse previously.

I sigh in disbelief as I shake my head. My wings droop and then bolt upright as I watch the other two. The being of flesh seemed to regret striking their newest foe down, “wait… I missed something here…”

I rewind time by a small fragment to watch it unfold again, “Yes… There was a glimmer of hope as well.” Hope that they could be more than just a killer of men.

I decide to watch them more closely. “Maybe I should resume where the last deity left off?”

Shalgroth examine the book even further, running his hands along the symbols and writing on it. It had a lock keeping it shut but no ordinary key would open it. there seemed to be some fine print writing on the lock it’s self but he couldnt read it clearly or tell why language it’s from, so he puts it in his robes and looks around the room again, along one of the may book shelves lays a Phoenix feather quill that’s still glowing fiery red/orange he picks it up and pockets it, then continues looking, till he finds a hand held mirror hanging on the wall he does finger guns while looking into it, he pockets it as well. As he goes to walk out he sees a glass box on a nearly empty book shelf with a obsidian ring inside of it he breaks the glass and puts on the ring “kinda of a snazzy ring isn’t it especially to be in a glass box, maybe it’s special but it does look fragile” he walks out of the room to a hallway with 2 doors at the end one has been boarded up and the other was left cracked open “now this looks like it’s going to be not so good I’m just gonna “ he turns around and starts walking away

The slightly ajar door opens a little more to reveal a slender being with a mouth like opening surrounded in teeth, it slowly starts floating towards the flayer, raising its arm and pointing. It almost touches him, but stops when it notices the ring, and vanishes before it can be seen.

Shalgroth looks back at the door that’s slightly more open than it was. He curiously goes back to it and opens it all the way showing a stair cause leading down into a darkness. he waits a second to see if anything emerge from the darkness, when something doesn’t he decides to start walking down the stairs

The darkness disappears as candles light while walking down the stairs. the wraith follows behind, tilting its head as it watches the creature. It reaches out almost touching them again, “whhhhhho—are-you?”

“luaP”, the voice speaks in reverse, it Seems to struggle to speak normally, “whhhhat arrrre yooou doooiiiing heeeere?” it floats closer, almost within grasp distance.

“What are you doing here huh, can’t I just trespass in an old abandoned, creepy, spider infested, ghost dwelling, curse appealing, sorcery tower, maybe I’m here on business or maybe I’m here to steal things but you don’t get to know” shalgroth starts walking down the stairs again “I’m gonna get to the bottom of this”

The wraith is angered with the ‘but you dont get to know’, it starts summoning the spirits of the recently deceased.

the man with the portrait of his family convulses for a second as its soul arises from his body, the spectre is then brought to the mind flayer. “don’t go to the basement“, it says before it is made to attack the creature.

Shalgroth dodges the incoming attack and starts sprinting down stairs “you have just been bamboozled by the one the only shalgroth” he yells up to it

The wraith tilts its head curiously, then resumes doing whatever it was doing.

The specter joins a hoard of many others behind the planked door.

Paul begins to hear faint footsteps in the back of the cave

“WHOSE THERE” he yells, standing up and finding a small satchel to put the picture in wrapping the satchel around himself

Shalgroth hears someone yell form deeper in the cave “my name is shalgroth, who might you be” he yells back continuing to walk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back