• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Monster town: a romantic reboot IC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
main-6-1160x675.jpg
Maria O'Kelly
Interactions: Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal

She whipped around as she heard someone stepping into her shop. "Oh... you heard me down the street?" she sniffled. That means everyone probably heard me. As he told her that everyone's shop had been ransacked tears began to well up in her eyes again. She was always such a cry baby. "Oh no!.... they're not as bad right?" She asked.

"Umm... you don't need t-" She started as he grabbed a broom to help her but stopped, figuring the help would be nice. She didn't say anything as they cleaned, feeling too shy and out of her element. The occasional tear escaped her as they slowly swept up. "I'm okay," She responded quietly, tensing up as he hugged her but not stopping him. "I see... Sorry but i don't remember your name," She mumbled. As she relaxed into the hug she phased through his arms and sunk to the ground.

49E96B1D-7FC8-401A-BABB-C931C7EE36D1.jpeg
mayor Wavern
interaction: (everyone I’m guessing? Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28 mainly )​
The mayor wasn’t exactly the most typical creature, a huge crystalline entity, he’d spent five days behind a des writing and filling out forms and documentation, the festival especially this one was a insanely busy time for wavern, and now the town was in utter ruines could they even fix the place in time for the influx of tourists? Possible what if the vandals struck again? How bad truly was it, he had been trying to contact sarcove for the past few hours, while he did trust the werewolf to track down the culprit, he knew that the naga would likely be invaluable in telling just what or who it was. the mayor was slowly making his way down the main road. He mayor looking around with a expression of worry and fear. it seemed everyone was In a similar state, people just milling through their damaged Property, and well the his own presence was drawing a crowed of people asking many many questions along with the towns one journalist, trying to desperately get a statement form him. “Please everyone I don’t know just yet please relax everything will be fine in due time... just...” he trying to reassure everyone but was interrupted he would need to find Dimitri, lucky It wasn’t to hard to track them down. “Dimitri please tell me you have gotten something.... people want answers, as always”

Dimitri Glass
1579746419651.png
When Sundenburg's beloved mayor showed up on the streets Dimitri was talking to his fellow officers. They were nodding along to what he said. Some had more surprised looks on their face than others for he was telling them who had hit the town. The ones that looked surprised where closer to his age for they were there when they neighboring pack first tried to take their territory. They were surprised that they would even dare to try again after how badly they had destroyed them. "Go and help the those who need it. We need to have the town ready for the festival." The pack members looked at him with worried expressions on their faces. "Do not worry. I will handle it." His voice was deep and gave off a powerful vibe. It was one of the reasons the pack never questioned his leadership. He asserted authority where he went. Except with the mayor that is.

"Ah Mayor Wavern. Yes, I do have answers. Unfortunately you are not going to like it." Dimitri hated when pack business involved the town. He promised Mayor Wavern that the last time would be the last. This was their territory but Mayor Wavern was not someone to be messed with. He didn't want to have to move his pack. Dimitri moved closer to the mayor so that not many people could overhear them. "I know I promised this would never happen again, but all the scents are from the Dark Haven pack. I don't know why they have decided to come out of hiding now. maybe they think because the festival is so soon its a good time to cause chaos." Dimitri was genuinely sorry. It was one of the few times his facial expression softened.

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Alexandre Dominal
1579760477431.png

Alexandre simply nodded when Neela listed off the items. Some were a bit more on the esoteric, but it was Neela. He knew what she used, if not where she put them exactly. He promptly started to head off, taking one moment to stop and glare at the mess- some caused by the gang, most of it by Neela. One of these days, when Neela wasn't around to stop him, he was going to organize this place thoroughly. B-because he hated messes. It wasn't because he honestly wondered how Neela could move around in this junkyard-like environment and he felt bad for her having to look around. It was for the sake of business, t-that was all. B-back to the task at hand. But then he stiffened when he heard Neela call out to him again. "Alexandre~?"

Not good news. He could guess what Neela was about to say. Or rather, ask for. His suspicion was confirmed when she said, "While you're back there... could you get me a bottle of wine?" Alexandre looked back with a mix of weariness and exasperation. Neela's tone did NOT match her look. Still, Alexandre dealt with before. It was just that... he never defied her openly. ...She could honestly be scary. But Alexandre, again, had dealt with Neela. He knew he had to capitulate, but not much. "I'll get you a cup of wine." Did Neela even have a cup? He hoped he could find a shot glass. That would be best... He then started to trudge off, and he could be heard muttering, "Honestly, I don't know why you don't just drink coffee, or even tea.... Noo... it has to be wine..."

A couple of minutes- make that fifteen, having to search through the mess that Neela called her storage room- and Alexandre had the nessecary "elixirs and alchohols." And the embalming liquid. These were safely in his knapsack, which was kind of one of the things it was designed for. In his hand, he had a- not a shot glass, unfortunately, but it was the next best thing- a coffee mug. It was rather basic, white with a red heart on it. But the clincher with it was that it had horns on the sides. Oh. Neela would love this. And if she didn't, Alexandre knew he already did. He re-entered the main room, with a quiet - but one could tell it was more joyous than his normal morose tone- "I'm back." With a smirk, he handed Neela the coffee mug- with the obligatory wine, though Alexandre was tempted to water it down. But that would be pushing it too far. Neela loved her alchohol too much. Then, he made a bit of a show to avoid Neela's undoubtedly baleful gaze, and handed the items to the jackal.

It was all business-like, something that Alexandre could handle. But when he finally focused on the bigger picture after delivering the goods to the Jackal undertaker, he finally realized something. It was a lot more crowded. Another police-officer person. Some sort of..slime person? ...Still, Alexandre was NOT expecting this. A small quiet exclamation escaped him: "Oh..." Too many people. TOO MANY PEOPLE. With flushed cheeks, he hurredly told Neela that he still had to get to his apartment, stuttered his goodbyes, and promptly left the shop- it was almost as if he was fleeing the scene, actually. He quickly got into his rental car- which hadn't exploded, thank goodness- and quickly drove off toward his hotel.

Alexandre's previous joyous mood had vanished, replaced by that same black cloud of moroseness and near-depression. They were staring at me. I rubbed them the wrong way. I must have caused something bad when I left... Alexandre's mind was going a thousand miles an hour, all fairly pessimistic thoughts. He was ashamed, he was relieved, he was in despair, he was tired. He didn't know. It honestly sucked when he liked people in general, but he hated being around them. Being around people meant bad things would happen to them. Alexandre would never want to hurt anyone; therefore, he had to make himself scarce. What a life... A bit melodramatic, but Alexandre honestly didn't care at the moment, as he was berating himself harshly. His train of thoughts was only interrupted when he had to slam on the brakes to stop at a red light. He needed to stop driving, take a break.

And, lookie there. A forest, full of things to be drawn and painted. Perfect to distract himself from his miserable life. He promptly pulled over, not caring if it wasn't a parking spot,got out, pulled out his art supplies, and headed into the woods. Rash, stupid, irresponsible- call him all that; he honestly just wanted to stop thinking for a bit.

...The only problem was, the forest didn't have the inspiration he was looking for. Yes, it was beautiful. Alexandre saw and admitted that freely-though, there was pollen here and there; Alexandre had his inhaler on hand, literally. But the beauty just wasn't... the type of beauty was looking for. It had to be striking. Something about these woods spoke of a mystique, but Alexandre could tell that it wasn't the woods themselves that were causing it. He had to find whatever it was- that would be his picture. Goal decided, Alexandre trudged deeper into the woods.

And then he saw it. A beautiful shrine. Yes, the forest was beautiful as well, but this shrine was stunning. It was striking. It was the source of this mysteriousness. It was the thing he was going to paint. So, Alexandre made a beeline for the shrine. He had to find a good spot to paint it. He began marching towards his potential object to paint...

And promptly fell into a ditch. And it wasn't the typical, shallow, dusty ditch. No, this ditch was about as high up as Alexandre's shoulders; but the main thing was, it was muddy. Not all mud; no, that would be too kind. It was muddy enough to cause a mess everywhere, but but the mud was shallow enough to cause bruises. But that wasn't the real tragedy. The real tragedy was his art supplies. His canvases? Ruined, splattered with mud everywhere. His stencils and paintbrushes? Broken. Some splintered in half. Alexandre was ready to cry. But then he realized something more serious: pollen.

Pollen was lightly covering the mud and sides of the ditch as well; it was hard to tell at first, but now that Alexandre face-planted in the ditch, he could see the danger. Alexandre desperately brought his hands to his mouth. All he got was an even dirtier face. My inhaler! Where is it!? He reached out in panicked motions. He couldn't find it! Already, he could feel his throat closing up. This was bad. Real bad!

Interacts: queanbean queanbean , Marius_Last Marius_Last Mentions: Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28 , Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 , Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal

Last edited:
oAjIaKpb_400x400.jpg
It had been a very long time since Neela had so many guests over at once. This only reaffirmed her belief that catastrophe brought people together like nothing else every could. A little grin tugged at the corner of her mouth, but it didn't stay hidden very long.

"Anything you can spare will do. The number of y̶̡̧̭̯͈̫͔̻͓͆̎́̆̾̊̿̕͜͝͠ë̵͕̮̭̪̋͗͗̑̓̈́̄̆̓̈́̕l̵̩̲͂͊͂́͌̑̅̏̒̿̈́͘̕l̶̨̨̬̟̟͕̙̩̻̟̪̭̖̦͋̀͒i̵̧̜̦̤̞̞̖͉̱̭̖̓̈̈́̒̅͗̕ć̵̡͎̥̙͎̖̟͓̬̉̒̎͋̋̊̈́̕̕ͅą̷̖̩̤͔̠̜͎͚̠͎̅̇͊̃͌̏̃̀͐͂̈́̾͝͝͠ ̷̳͓̿̐̂̄̄̎̈́̏͐̈́̓g̸͓̲͍̍̌̌a̴̢͇̻̦̮̜̫̞̬̪̲̥̤͛͒̔̽̾͋̏̔ḧ̶̪́̊͒̅̀̾͌̓̕e̷̢̺͉͙̭̦̯̪͖̟̭̣̓̄̚͠ͅͅñ̶͚̂́ï̴͉̣͖̫̉̐͌̑͛̈̈̐̿͗͐́̈́̚ I can make with one singular eye would shock you." She chuckles and makes a mental note to check in with her regular later. While she was busy worrying how much product was actually still in tact a familiar splish splash squish sound tickled her ears and made her belly growl with unconscious hunger.

"Well hello there." She licked her lips and fidgeted, visibly trying to hold herself back. "So far we don't really know much of anything..." Her gaze flitted to the pair of werewolves by the door. "Besides it's being dealt with." Thinking about it was just stressing the little oni out more and she glanced over her shoulder, wondering if her companion was having a tough time finding her products. It was then that the mayor made his appearance. It wasn't often she saw him with such a worried expression on his face. It must really have been a bigger deal than anyone was willing to say. The fact she wasn't being let in on it was extraordinarily annoying and she was about to start a rant when a little mug was shoved into her hands.

"Ah-" Neela squeaked and looked at her cup of wine, blinking in surprise before smirking to herself. Alexandre thought he was so slick. Ha! As though she hardly noticed, she slipped a little vial out of her clothes... or, where the hell was she keeping that thing? And spilled a drop into her mug. This was presumably to prevent it from ever running out of her sweet vice. "Good boy." Neela beams, cheeks visibly pink after solely one sip. "Looks like you're in luck Hauron. I guess they didn't get so far back in my shop. Me sleeping there probably scared them- Alexandre?" She looked with surprise as the boy ran off and sighed. They worked well together but he certainly could never handle crowds so well. Part of her worried for him, while the other was soon distracted by her small company once more. There were so many shops and stores that were wrecked, and the time before the festival was so short...

"Hm...If anybody would like me to notify my cleaners to stop by, simply say the word. Just, uhm..." She bit her bottom lip, though there was laughter in her eyes, "Don't mind if little things go missing. You know how shadows can be." She rolled her eyes as if, yes, everyone knew that shadow sprites were uncontrollable thieves as well as neat-freaks. Who said calling on the underworld for assistance was always a bad thing?

darkborn darkborn Marius_Last Marius_Last Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Sachiko The Fox Spirit
1579896398403.png
After they walked out of the store, Sachiko waited till her friend changed his sign back to close before stepping up to the door herself. She placed her hand on the glass and her eyes glowed a bright red. Those who could sense magic would have felt the wave of her her magic as the front of Zexian's store shifted from being completely graffitied to looking brand new. Once she finished her eyes changed back to their dark brown color. "There that should do it. It'll hold till messed with." She could make illusions that didn't shatter when touched but she felt it wasn't necessary to do that with this. As she was about to respond to Zexian question, Sachiko froze. Her eyes flashed red for a split second, something no one would have noticed unless they were staring right at her. "I'm sorry Zexian. It seems I will need to take my leave.s Some unfortunate human has stumbled upon my shrine." She couldn't help the smirk that formed on her lips. It had been a while since someone fell into her trap. Sachiko couldn't wait to see who it was. Sachiko's form started to change as she shifted into her fox form to travel back to her forest.

It didn't take the fox spirit long to get to her shrine, after all once in the forest she was able to travel very easily. Once she spotted the foot prints she followed them, nose to the ground. He must has fallen into the ditch. Sachiko was inwardly proud of herself. It had been so long since someone had fallen for her illusion but that feeling instantly went away when she heard the male panicking. Sachiko shifted into her humanoid form and walked over to the ditch. Looking in it she sighed at the sight. The dark haired male had his hand over his mouth and his eyes wide with panic. "You seem quite weak for a male human." It seemed like the man was looking for something, she looked around on the ground beneath her and spotted an odd shaped thing that did not belong in her forest (his inhaler). Picking it up she looked it over before handing it to him. "Is this what you were looking for little one?" She was going to pull him out but knew better than to pull someone who was freaking out because they could drag her down in it and she was not about to ruin her outfit for one man's life. She waived her hand and the illusion that led him here vanished. "Didn't people tell you you shouldn't wonder the forest?"

Interaction: Ineptitude Ineptitude darkborn darkborn

Thalia Glass
1579898986528.png

Thalia could not wait to get out of the Oni's store. She didn't want to deal with more people than necessary at this moment and it was getting a bit crowded. She let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding when Wildr entered the store. "I'm just about finished here and we can head on to the next place." She wasn't really paying much attention to those around them until the boy she'd never seen before ran out the door. I wonder what his problem is. "Alright Ms. Neela. I got all the information I needed from you. We will keep you updated. The city will compensate you for the damages. Come one Wildr." After the left the building Thalia stretched out her arms. This was boring work compared to what she was used to. "I don't know why dad told you to help me but I'm happy he did. This work is so boring. I'd rather be going after the culprits not writing this shit down." She waived the note pad in his face. Looking past Wildr she saw Mayor Wavern talking to her father. "Well it looks like the Mayor came out. This won't be good for the pack."

Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal

1580016790870.png
Sarcove
interaction: queanbean queanbean Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28
after dealing with the poor Neko. sarcove was could move on. perhaps check on his old friend Neela he betted the poor oni had been hit much harder than him... slithering off in the direction of her place, luckily being warm enough to maintain focus with... and... there was the mayor... outside.. already oh god... this was even worse then he had thought, well at least for the poor werewolves, sniffing and tasting the air sarcove could already tell why, there was the smell of werewolves out of town werewolves, dark haven werewolves. it seemed that they had decided to show there heads again, it might mean that Dimitri might lose his head because of this although he doubted the mayor would do such a thing yet, considering how near the festival was and the whole wish thing sarcove wasn't sure what wavern would do. slithering up to the two of them he gave Dimitri a nod "good morning Dimitri, mayor wavern, I assume we are having dark haven problems again.." he said bluntly lifting his torse up with his elongated body to directly address the eyeless gaze of the mayor "now... if you excuse me for one moment... ill be back just need to check on someone" he once again said sternly before moving once again this time slithering into the somewhat crowded store. upon seeing Neela the snake practically jumped into the oni coiling around her with a big snek hug "neela are you ok i was worried about you..." sarcove said as he "snuggled" her somewhat awkwardly form a outside perspective.

latest
"And there she goes," Zexian muttered to himself, watching as his vulpine friend hurried off into the distance.

Admittedly, the golem was a bit disappointed that she had to leave so quickly. Any company would have been greatly appreciated at this point, when there was nothing to distract himself with. Still, he thought with a glance towards the glamoured exterior of his restaurant—with only the occasional shimmer giving away its cover—he should probably install more security measures within the establishment. Sarcove did a wonderful job as a guard, but even he knew that the other couldn't be around all the time. The funds spent on it would be a worthy investment, if only to prevent something like this from happening again.

With that thought in mind, Zexian turned heel and stalked off. Surely there'd be some things he could do to take his mind off of things, however work-oriented he's been hardwired to be.

@feelfreetointeract

It had been a few days since the ransacking of Sunderburg and that’s to dedication time and effort everyones place was quickly back into working order although some people where likely more shaken then others, but today would probably be a good day to get ones minds off of that if one so chose to, a sort of scavenger hunt that preceded the festival a few weeks ahead another of sunderbrugs attractions for tourists especially since it was held within the crystal forest. one could either try to find the hidden object alone or work with someone. up to them.. that if hey decide to go head and join in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back