• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Monster Love

Huntertabbysandshark3

The lord of randomness and the warp
Telith
Another new day dawned upon the school grounds the sun creeping it’s way across the lake and towards the log cabins that lined the path up to the school the amber light crawling it’s way up the walls and funnelling down through the windows. Illuminating the Interior of the cabin. Lighting up the relatively normal looking place aside from one of the beds. It was covered totally in a huge pile of pillows and blankets, a small yawn emitting from inside the mass before a head popped out slowly or at least something wearing a leathery hoodie their face obscured by a shroud of darkness only two yellowish dots of light pierced the shroud. This was Telith, the dragon boy emerged fully form the pile of pillows he was indeed wearing a sort of leathery armour he also had clawed hands. Once he’d gotten up the boy turned to face the glistening gemstone statue that shone beautifully in the morning light upon the shelf. “This is really nice..” he’d say quietly to himself trying not to be so lound as to wake Faith up though that might have already happened.

Faith Valladolid
3610831360d13002e4927baf21668d47.jpg Although the morning rays peeking through whatever surface it could reflect upon, it was no match for Faith's heavy sleeping which has been mastered over the course of having to be the motherly figure of her family. The only thing capable of waking her up is her arch nemeses, the obnoxious ringing of her alarm which on cue has begun to spazz out upon her bedside table. She shuffles under the covers gradually stirring awake; and soon awakened by the confounded buzzing of her phone. Faith blindly searches for her device frantically until her fingers meet the vibrating piece of tech. Like some sort of troll, she snatches the thing under her covers to snooze the alarm for another day. A disgruntled sigh escapes her lips as she uncovers herself. She rubs her eyes oblivious of Telith's presence. She was too busy walking between reality and fantasy in her mind.

'Ugh, what a weird dream. Seeing all those monsters and having a conversation. It sounds like a fucked up cartoon or something, yet it felt so real.'

As Faith comes to, she notices the scales on her arms. She jolts up straight in a panic inspecting her forearms. "What the fuck?" At the same time, she looks across her bed to find a fort full of pillows and an alcove with blinking yellow eyes. They seem startled and somehow she feels that. She yells again in surprise now shooting to her feet, back against the desk. She takes a long pause to collect herself as she recalls the events of yesterday.

'Oh, right. I guess it wasn't a dream after all. That did happen, including the pact with Telith.' She shifts her gaze over to the fort then back to her hands as if piecing together a puzzle. She takes a deep breath. "Sorry, sorry. I forgot we're not in the real world anymore. I mean...we are, but it's different now that we know monsters exist." She mumbled and takes a seat. "I didn't mean to scare you, I'm sorry." She runs a hand through her wavy locks ruffling it more than it already is.

Telith
Telith was so distracted by the dazzling lights shining through the crystals that when the peace and quiet was broken by the blaring sounds of something Telith jumping up suddenly small sparks flicking about in the air as a small fleck of orange appeared in the hue of the glowing orbs. His eyes darting toward faith who was up however her yell of panic and surprise made him jump back up onto the giant pile of pillows and blankets with suprise had he spooked her? Telith didn’t intend too it was just an accident. “Did you um… err have.a um.. bad dream” Telith asked cautiously feeling Faiths confusion through there connection. However he’d softly nod as Faith explained what happened and why she was so startled. “Oh um I see that all good yeah.. kkinda flipped everything on its head..” Telith replied as he’d slowly walk up to Faith gently placing a hand in her shoulder. “And um its fine I wasn’t too spooked“

Faith Valladolid

3610831360d13002e4927baf21668d47.jpg Faith was grateful of his understanding. She flinches when he placed a hand on her shoulder. Any sudden contact is foreign if she's not the one initiating it. A habit of hers in the past having to be on guard all the time. It was honestly exhausting. It's weird to think humans are more terrifying than monsters given how she's already acclimated to them in one whole day. Sure it was scary to witness them firsthand, but the people in the city seem to find it normal and if that's the case, what's so terrible about it so long as they don't eat humans. Telith certainly isn't one, or she assumes. His timidness outshines proof of bigotry within the world. Hopefully it changes with time. Baby steps for now.

Coming out of her short thoughts, she sends him a reassuring, soft smile. At the same time, she notices how tall he is. Average size sure, but it was perfect for-she shakes the thoughts away. "That's good." She says then realizes that she's sharing a room with Telith and in doing so means one thing. She looks at her phone as if using it as a mirror and gasps. Her hair was an absolute whirl of a mess. Bed hair evident sticking like an eye sore. Her cheeks flush hoping Telith wouldn't look at her less. The tough girl act she displayed on the first day washed away over her natural appearance. She shuffles to her bag and pulls out her brush. "God, I look like a mess. I'm so sorry. I must look appalling to you." She combs her hair vigorously trying to straighten it without caring of the consequences. She shuts her eyes and until all the knots and strands fall into place to give a natural look as she did when she entered campus.

Last edited:
Telith
Telith moved his clawed hand back a bit noticing Faiths discomfort with him touching her he wasn’t sure if that was a bad thing or Not but maybe it was just a human thing? Faith had mentioned how weird it was to be around monsters and people, well Telith understood that it was hard to well get used to changes… both of them where but that was ok right? That soft reassuring smile she gave showed him that everything was ok. “Yeah I’m I was jus looking at the statues and got surprised..” Telith mumbled quietly as he’d not at all noticed Faiths messy hair the dragon boy didn’t think much of it.

it was only when Faith commented on her hair did he notice head being tilted to the side has his eyes shifted to a whitish colour. “I um still think you look nice Um e nice I well mean everyone had bad hair days right it’s ok yeah“ Telith replied quietly letting faith brush her hair before showing Faith the rainbow lights glistening through the gemstone statues on the shelf. “Cool right? Really um pretty yeah?”

Faith Valladolid
3610831360d13002e4927baf21668d47.jpg For a moment, Faith had forgotten how sweet Telith can be. Nothing seems to bother him and for Faith, it's relieving to know she doesn't have worry so much about the stupid things like appearances and such. It was a change from her usual teasing brothers.

Telith diverts the conversation to his statues. She wasn't sure if he wanted to change topics for her sake or just genuinely proud of his work. The brunette smiles softly taking a second to marvel at his creation. They were certainly radiant under the morning light. "Yeah, they're nice. They remind me of the trinkets I have at home. Some of them are salt and pepper shakers given to us by my grandmother." She pauses wondering why on Earth did she spill information about herself so easily. Something about the dragon boy definitely has a way to make someone too relaxed. If that is the case, she would have to be careful of what she says. "Anyway, I have to get ready for class." She shuffles through her book bag and pulls out he schedule. "You don't need help on where to go for class do ya?" She hoped that leaving the guy alone wouldn't be too much trouble, but given her experience, he would probably be too terrified to go anywhere on his own let alone sit in class for eight hours at a day.

Telith
Telith looked over at faiths reaction the boy really hadn’t realised he’d changed the subject so abruptly, he just really wanted to show Faith how nice they the statues looked in the sunlight and because she seemed so stressed this morning or at least thats how Telith viewed it. She made him feel more comfortable with everything. So why shouldn’t he try to make her feel comfortable too? That soft smile of hers gave him a warm fuzzy feeling as she seemed to like them. “aww that sounds um really nice, gifts are always good especially when it’s um family“ Telith commented when Faith mentioned that the statue reminded her to of gifts from her grandmother, Telith smiled sharp white teeth beaming through the dark shroud that obscured his face. “yeah glad you um liked them OH yeah um class err i um total err f-fergot“ Telith blurted out when Faith mentioned classes the dragon boy had honestly forgotten all about them. Scurrying over to where he kept his own stuff pulling out his own schedule and books in a hurried fashion. “Um yeah err I think I um should be ok with finding where I need to um go yeah.. hopefully there err won’t be too many people“ Telith replied with a hopeful tone though he knew there would be a more then just a few people around.

Faith Valladolid

3610831360d13002e4927baf21668d47.jpg Faith hated to burst Telith's bubble in regards to attendance knowing how difficult it would to grow accustomed to their new surroundings while at the same time deal with interactions. It wouldn't be so bad if it were high school, but she has fair idea of how large college classes are in holding students. The thought alone made the brunette feel concerned for his well-being. As Telith pulls out his schedule, Faith takes the initiative of becoming a mother duck and reading over his classes. To her surprise, mostly all of them are the same as hers except for two of them. She blinks in bewilderment comparing both papers.

"That's weird. We share nearly the same classes." She hands the paper back to him. "Our first class is 'Monster-Human Physiology.'" She takes a moment to contemplate the story behind it. "You don't think it has anything to do with our contracts, do you you?" She questioned, hand on chin still in a pensive state before moving over fix her book bag.

Telith
Telith was trying to stay hopeful about the whole situation ahead of him, as he looked at the schedule Faith took the initiative and was basically reading over his shoulder to look at his schedule. Telith letting her take then paper and look them over his head tilting to one side as she seemed to look surprised by schedule Telith leaned his head against Faith shoulder looking over at both surprised to see that yes they both had the same schedule, Faith mentioning that too surprise in her voice. he’d move back away once she’d handed him his schedule back. ”Um I mean yeah probably makes sense… it probably has to err do with that contract it Um should be cool right?” Telith replied eyes turning yellowish blue in colouration As he went to go grab his book bag for the day. “Ok Um let’s err get going?” He’d say once done letting Faith lead the way outside as he would just keep close to her.

Faith Valladolid
3610831360d13002e4927baf21668d47.jpg Faith can sense Telith's excitement though he tried to play off being somewhat nervous when he fetched his bag. "Yeah, um...I don't know how monsters work, but we humans have to change clothing everyday." She swear drops and sets her brush down. "I have to get dressed first before we can head out. If you want to wait, that's fine, but I don't want to hold you back." She informed. Whatever Telith decides to choose, will be fine by her. She just had to change out of her pajamas and into her outfit of the day.

Without waiting, she ruffles through her luggage for the right set before searching for her bag of toiletries. One thing about college, she wasn't expecting to be spending so much utilities to survive. It was to be expected, but she was promised it would be cheaper with the a new program and such. Still, it wasn't like she wasn't accustomed to the struggle. Everyday was a hassle to earn something to make ends meet and college is just a little easier compared to the harsh conditions. "Now where the hell did I put that bag?" She mumbled.

Telith
“Oh um change clothes? Oh err? Really?” Telith tilted his head eyes shifting to light blue he sorta hadn’t realised the whole changing outfit as the dragon boy wore. “Oh um really err I’m guess I’ve got alot of stuff to learn about um people“ Telith stuttering was a bit reduced as he was more relaxed around Faith however the green ting in his eyes started to form as he felt a little embarrassed about not exactly understanding humany things. Telith would sit down holding onto his gag intent on waiting for Faith to be done. “Um you err need any hope um err with that or um you ok I err” Telith asked innocently trying to be helpful not exactly understanding the implications behind it.

Faith shot a scowl over to Telith over the question, but as soon as she met with his curious orbs, she lightened up.

'Oh right...this is Telith we're talking about.'

She quickly grabs what she needs and zips up the suitcase half-embarrassed in nearly hurting the dragon as well as having him overhead and staring into her wardrobe. "No, and it's not appropriate for others to stare into someone else's clothes. There are delicates that are private only to the owner. I'll let it slide this time, but others won't be so forgiving. Ok?" She holds her desires close to her. "I'll be back in a minute." With that, she heads into the girl's bathroom.

Telith
telith blinked a few times tilting his head to the side as faith explained that he was being entirely inappropriate it caused teliths eyes to go a bright green before the disappeared presumably telith burying his head deeper into the shrouded hoodie that obscured his face form view. "Ok.." telith would say sheepishly taking the message to heart to not stick his head into other peoples clothing and business so to speak. Hed sigh into his hoodie a little. "Guess iv still got alot to learn..." he'd mumble waiting got faith but just feeling like a ball of awkward.

Faith finished sprucing herself up leaving her teeth to be maintained. She idly brushes her dentures lost in deep thought. There was so much for Telith learn including the lewd parts of a human being, but Faith wasn't going to shatter his innocence just for him to understand why it's wrong. She would have to thorougly search for the right words and explain why things are as they are. Her cheeks grew red imagining the worst.

No, she didn't have to worry about something that hasn't happened yet. If anything, she will be prepared next time. The purpose of the experiment is to get a degree and share a bond with her partner. That means purely plutonic and nothing more. On that note, the brunette spews and rinses her mouth ready to take on her first day. She carries her belongings back to her dorm to find Telith silently waiting. It piqued her interest as to why he didn't move. Did he misunderstand her and take it literally?

"Hey, buddy. I'm done getting ready. Do you want to head out?" She queried, and put away her stuff in her luggage.

Telith
teliths head peaked up form The blackish abyss of his hoodie white glowing orbs that indicated his eyes peaked up looking over at faith, the girl had a certain style to her that the dragon boy found, interesting? Her personality was rather motherly? In a sense at least as far as Telith had seen of course he might be misunderstanding but such a thought never crossed the boys mind. But her style clothing wise was alot more rough? Especially with those ripped jeans Telith wasn't sure why you'd ruin a pair of perfectly good jeans maybe to look tougher? But the colours looked wonderful matched up with her shirt and natural looks. "Oh um yeah.. yeah I'm um ready to go.." telith said after a moment of silence picking up the little bag of stuff he needed for class he'd open up the door for both himself and Faith. Once the pair were outside.. telith would gently hold Faith's hand as the walked.

As Faith opened the door, Telith's hand coiled around hers, causing her to jerk away ready to throw a punch, but quickly realizes it was Telith. "Wh-whoa! What are you doing there big guy? You can't just hold hands without consent. It's rude or inappropriate. It can also send mixed signals." She shoves her hand in her pocket trying to compose herself. "See, holding someone's hand isn't normal to a human. It's a sign of affection and closeness with someone so it's a special occasion." She proceeds forward, descending the small, wooden stairs.

Telith
Telith recoiled a bit letting out a little eep and small sparks flickered in the air around the dragon boy as faith jerked her hand away Telith didn't understand what he'd done wrong... holding hands was fine right? You just did that Telith not at all understand the undertones such an act entailed. "Oh I um err I thought I well it um... was err fine I.. err guess... its ummm just err different" telith admitted his eyes going a deep green color as faith explained that it ment closeness and affection the boy hiding his face in his hoodie. "Oh I.um err didn't err know that I didn't mean to embarrass you i I'm so sorry" he'd say softly following faith to class but just staying close by her still.

Faith

When Telith scrambled for an apology, Faith was glad to have set a boundary even though part of her felt bad to have pushed him aside. The truth was, Telith was sweet and no a relative. The exchange of affection would be perceived as a couple when in fact they are not. They are just two friends with one helping out the other. Faith grew to be protective in nature, which would possibly complicate things. She shouldn't worry, but she applied to college for a fresh start, and making a scene is the last thing she needs especially when humans and monsters are barely learning to live among another.

As the pair wandered through the halls, Telith's wave of emotions struck the brunette making it impossible to overlook. She felt terrible to leave him in a position, but hopefully he will adjust better than the first day. Once they stop on their first class, she pauses to search for Telith's expression. He seemed as though he was lost in thought. Somehow she could tell, partly due to her pact. Faith unconsciously pats the boy's head warmly thinking it would switch his mood. "Whelp, we're here." Is all she said before taking the first step.

26a34c8008ad3b8eba51d86f695902ac.jpg
Inside, the classroom was large much like an auditorium than plain desks. The benches upheld a mass of students as if everyone from orientation was meant to attend Monster-Human 101 as default. There were still a few people missing and plenty of space. Faith assumed a seat where there's not many people around for Telith's sake. Plus it would give Faith time to focus on one thing rather than many. She takes out her notepad and pencil then turns to Telith worriedly. "You ok, buddy?"

Telith
Telith quietly repeated under his breath what faith had said to him so he'd remember it not wanting to make the same mistake again only doing it for a little before stopping feeling faith worry about the situation as they walked through the halls past other pairs of monster and there humans all to their respective classes. Telith expression as usual was impossible to see his glowing eyes right now a white colour with orangish tint while the amount of people made him feel uncomfortable so long as faith was with him everything would be ok. The pat on the head was a little suprise prompting telith to emit a soft purr.

"Yeah guess we are" he'd say meekly following faith inside and taking a seat himself next to.her clawed hands tapping out a small tune against the desk infron of him ans he took out his notepad. "Yeah im... I um err doing fine... its err just alot of um people but its fine so ... long as err your around here" telith admitted smiling softly toward faith his sharp toothish grin towards her eyes going to a whitish yellow mixed with a gentle orange. "Just hope um the teacher gets err here soon"

Faith
Faith observes Telith through her peripheral vision. While the dragon is a timid fellow, there were no extreme signs of him fumbling. Occasional nerves here and there due to her presence as confirmed a moment ago. As endearing as it is, she didn't want to constantly hold his hand. Independence is important and one of the major things as a young adult.

'If I told him the truth, I'm not sure he will survive on his own. I feel so bad as it is from this morning.' She thought.

Faith sighs then smiles half-heartedly at her predicament. "I'm sure the professor will show up. I'm just glad they'll be running a little late otherwise we would be called out. That reminds me. When it comes to class you have to be punctual. If you have to, just leave without me in the future. I don't want to hold you back. Ok?"

Telith
Telith looked over at Faith and nodded softly "yeah i.. um guess your right... but i didn't want to leave you.. just.. incase.. but.. since you said so ill at least wake you up for class ok?" telith said hopefully wanting to make sure Faith was ok frankly he didn't like the idea of not going to class with the girl she made him feel more comfortable with everything and well he wanted to make sure faith was also doing ok and not having any issues.. but.. he could manage.. "ill just.. try to be a little less.. um.. close.. i gues.."

Faith
Faith frowns, filled with slight conviction over the morning scolding. She was merely creating common boundaries even if Telith was afraid to be by himself. She couldn't always be there for him, but it wasn't exactly easy for both species in their freshman year.

After acknowledging Telith's query, she took the remaining time to ponder.

'It must be difficult for any monster to be accustomed to school or even the idea.' She steals a quick glance at Telith. 'Being a freshman doesn't make it easy for me either. Maybe I should make it up to him to calm both of us?'
-------------------------------------------------------
Prof. Fiona

Just then, vines crawl up the walls and ceiling, gathering in one central spot where a bud blooms into a large flower behind the teacher's podium. Out of the center, a humanoid plant woman materializes. She stretches her arms creating a confetti of petals scatter through the room.

f157687455fb2ff0893fb64c1e657c08.jpg

"Good morning, students~" She sing-songed. "I am your monster-human physiology professor, Fiona. I will be teaching you about the importance of a human anatomy and various monster anatomies to help you understand your partners needs in case of emergency or strengthening bonds." Her gentle smile soothes the classroom but in reality, her herbal aroma is effecting the students.

"I can sense some of you are nervous, tired or uncomfortable. My little flowers will help whatever negative energy is in your body. Though some of you may not be as effected. That's alright. We're all trying to settle in."

Telith
Telith hummed to himself looking around just hoping for the teacher to show up honestly... he kinda felt like he made a screw-up.. like.. really bad but.. that was learning right? he wasn't exactly well versed with humans.. they probably just had more boundaries then he was aware of at least that was he thought.. or was telling himself right now, luckily he wasn't left thinking all too long as the teacher finally arrived resulting in him smiling a fair bit.

"ok um hi miss um fiona... nice to err meet you" he'd say with a small peep kinda curious about what human anatomy might have been.. they seemed kinda normal, right?

Faith
The huge entrance by the professor was quite a magical display to Faith. It hadn't occured to her that monsters would also be teaching. Faith pondered if there will be any bias towards races. She shakes the bigoted thoughts away. It wouldn't make sense for a school trying to provide peace between worlds to self-sabotage.

The sweet aroma soothes Faith's senses briefly. The professor explains why the room is decorated in flowers. The unique ability of a plant manipulator is interesting to say the least. Perhaps school won't be so dull.
-------------------------------------------------------

Prof. Fiona
"Now that I have everyone's attention. Let's begin the lesson. Today we will focus on the necessities of human and monsters as well as functions. We will start with the humans." Fiona turns to the board and creates bulletins for the human section. "Humans are fragile. They do not carry a second layer of hardened skin, grow horns, etc. They are fleshy, incapable of power except when binded by a contract. Then by logic those would be sorcerers in the magic world."

Faith shrinks in her seat finding it a little offensive probably because it's the truth. Everyone in the room seem avid in taking notes. It had occured to her that maybe she should do, although she is human already.

"I'm sure some know much about the sorcerers, but we'll circle around that later. Like most organisms, they require substanance. What that might be is not what we monsters consume. They require certain food groups for their diet. Grains, proteins or meat, fruits, and vegetables." Fiona steps on the right ready to jot down more information for the monster side. "As for us monsters, we have..." She pauses as she thinks of rewording her next statement. "...exotic taste. Some of us may only consume one thing while others eat anything and everything. Every monster follows an element that will help guide each of you. Those that are terra creatures are usually herbivores. Animalistic fall into carnivore side." Faith steals a glance towards Telith. "That isn't to say they don't eat other types of food like human foods. Now that being said, for your homework I want you to make a list and learn what your partner's likes and dislikes. Class dismissed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back