• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Monster Hunter RP?

I take it this thread has gone cold? I’m interested in a monster Hunter rp too and found this through google!

Hello! Oh wow I wasn’t expecting to have a few more show any interest either! I’m wondering if I need to make a group now or if 1x1 with you guys! Lol. I can do 1x1s with a couple of people!

HOLY CRAP!!!
I am really interested!
And if you ask me, I once tried to do one but almost no one joined. But I think this will be the oposite
Is it still open?
I had one up and almost running, a few people made characters.
Sadly it fell through the cracks, the biggest problem is trying to work a battle system into the roleplay.

What about the battle system made it fall through the cracks? Just so I can understand further.

What about the battle system made it fall through the cracks? Just so I can understand further.
for the most part I tried my best to work each and every weapon into a system that resembled D&D. The problem was figuring out what deserved what and how to give weapons a unique feel in damage rolls.

It became overly complicated alongside trying to figure out how monsters would work in this format as well with how they react against the hunter.
I feel if anyone ever plans on making a Mon Hunt RP, they need to get the "hunting" aspect downpat. Combat is integral but its hard to communicate it through a roleplay standard.

Okay hmm.. for me I just played according to my play style and how I thought while fighting? I try to put some realistic aspects in it like how hunting normally works. In some cases I wouldn’t be too afraid to make a scene look too exaggerated. Maybe stick to the game format mostly?

I suppose, trying to think too hard on the battle system might have been the biggest problem, but you surely don't want every monster a hunter faces in RP to be some stupid monstie that stands while you whack at it until death. You want the fight to be realistic to the games, let the monster dodge, attack in turn, get enraged, etc.

Yes definitely! I guess looking at the behavior of real animals they’re based off of combined with their lore would help. For example, deviljho in his lore is much more relentless in his pursuit for food and won’t run from a fight, unlike in the game. He will fight to the death. In the games we have the reprieve of knock downs, choreographed attacks, and the limping phase where they go and sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back