• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Monster Hunter RP?

CallmeMyth

Ruler of Twilight
Hello everyone,

I thought I'd make this thread to ask you guys what your opinions would be of a "monster hunter" themed RP. A lot of people have been playing the new monster hunter game that came out recently, including myself. The franchise is very popular and is a great series. Personally I feel like the world of monster hunter would make a perfect setting for an RP of some sort, but I don't know if anyone would be interested. I typically enjoy role plays that are centered around game series or anime series that I enjoy or play frequently, and I don't think I've ever seen a monster hunter RP on this site before.

My questions for you guys are:

1) Do you guys think people would be interested in a monster hunter RP, even though there is a new game out right now?

2) Since there is a new game, would creating a monster hunter RP even be worth it?

3) Could a monster hunter RP even work in the first place, and if so, what type of RP would you guys feel it should be?

I am open to any and all opinions about this subject. What everyone says will probably ultimately determine whether or not I go through with the idea of a monster hunter RP.

I've been dying to get into a Monster Hunter RP for the last several years, but have not been finding anyone interested in one.
Simple answers to your questions:
1. Most likely
2. Definitely
3. That remains to be seen, and I've been juggling ideas for possible Monster Hunter RPs for a while.
By the way, I happen to be a series veteran, having played 4 Ultimate, 3 Ultimate, Freedom 2, Freedom Unite and Generations, so if there are things about Monster Hunter you're unsure of, don't hesitate to ask because I'm more than willing to talk your ears off about Monster Hunter.

99thslayer 99thslayer

Ive been juggling ideas as well, and one thing that immediately comes to mind is what type of RP this should be.

In the world of monster hunter, you are basically a badass, monster-slaying bounty hunter that wields really cool and powerful weapons. But there’s also a lot more to it than that. Being an RPG, there’s SOOOO much to do in the monster hunter games. Harvesting, crafting, leveling up your weapons and gear, etc etc.

I want to know what ways you’d be willing to incorporate those types of things into an RP setting. Would we even need to include those things at all for it to feel like a “monster hunter” RP? After all, there’s a very unique storyline in the monster hunter universe, and we could very easily just base the entire RP around story. Afterall, I know that it’s hard to essentially turn a game into an RP. But with some creativity it can definitely be done.

All of that being said, I would love to share ideas with you, if you’re willing.

Oh boy, a MH rp? I need a break from World, since late High Rank is soul drainingly difficult.

Hmm... what about an RP Session where, instead of being limited to being the Monster Hunters, we could have Researchers, Wyverians, Palicoes (or even Wild Lynians), Monster Riders ( like in Stories), and so many other things? There's Fishermen who in 3U you send on expeditions to bring things back, from treasures to even Monster Parts, which means that killing monsters ain't just a Hunter's job... or at least gathering the parts, rather.

What about exploring the relationships between characters while out on a hunt? Perhaps while setting up camp, they'd have conversations and stuff like in the cutscenes of the former games, while sitting around an open flame... what would they be talking about? Perhaps someone decided to send a Prowler out on their first "Big Hunt" on their own... what's been going through said Prowler's mind?

Or perhaps back in Moga, Chamberlyne has to put up with so many hunters simply "Jumping on the bed" that she made while cleaning up the place... what kinds of thoughts run through her head? The Kitty Puns would be a most welcome sight! xD

There's a ton of opportunity for this, and I'd be happy to join in as both, my character from World, and his Palico Partner, Sukia! ( Because who wouldn't want to see a Plague Doctor and a Palico in a Rathian Dress approaching a town? ^_^ )

Justin93Daniels Justin93Daniels

All of those ideas sound great, actually! I am always open to ideas that are creative and would make this RP feel unique and interesting.

I am still in need of people who would be willing to help me work on this RP. I could use ideas for plot more than anything. If you'd be down to help me with creating the RP, that'd be fantastic!

• 1c3e6da7e31e07033f150c00a4865058.jpg

New Draconia
    A city built to float in the sky. The only way in and out of it is through Wingdrakes or Airships. Said to populate several thousand trained Hunters and Riders alike, including their Companions such as Palicoes, Shakalakas, or even Monsters that they hatched and trained!

Each member of the city has a Wingdrake of their own, which has been trained to respond to their whistling immediately, and respond as such. It's a vital process for the inhabitants, seeing as to how they would take them in-between New Draconia and their destinations.​

Attachments

• 1518796245248.png
    1518796245248.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 8
That would be perfect, actually! Thanks for giving me the idea! I'll expand on this, and come up with more concepts surrounding this "floating hub"

I’m a newb to the monster hunter series but I’ve been playing the new game the last few days(got it less than a week ago) and I’d definitely be interested in a RP related to the game/series.

I actually came back to RPN specifically looking for a Monster Hunter rp

Well if it helps, I've got an RP going on that's like Monster Hunter, but... well, it's not quite the MH Lore. ^_^'

It's more Modern, Humans use Guns and Modern-Day Weapons, the "Palicoes" are replaced with "Evalonians" (which are basically Spirit Animals that can transform into Kemonomimis or Kemonos and uses Spirit Weapons that are all Melee Weapons that range from Swords and Glaives to Axes and Maces), and instead of Creatures in their Natural Habitats, they hunt "Monsters" like Demons, Ghosts, Ghouls, Urban Legends, etc.

Just look up "The Slayers of Evalon" in the Fantasy section, or its Character Sheet in the "Extras". ^_^

Well if it helps, I've got an RP going on that's like Monster Hunter, but... well, it's not quite the MH Lore. ^_^'

It's more Modern, Humans use Guns and Modern-Day Weapons, the "Palicoes" are replaced with "Evalonians" (which are basically Spirit Animals that can transform into Kemonomimis or Kemonos and uses Spirit Weapons that are all Melee Weapons that range from Swords and Glaives to Axes and Maces), and instead of Creatures in their Natural Habitats, they hunt "Monsters" like Demons, Ghosts, Ghouls, Urban Legends, etc.

Just look up "The Slayers of Evalon" in the Fantasy section, or its Character Sheet in the "Extras". ^_^

Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a look.

I am also interested, but will this RP be based solely on World, or could hunters from other regions visit the New world? I am asking out of pure curiosity.

Not entirely sure, really. Waiting on CallmeMyth CallmeMyth to post it... though likely, it would be in an entirely new place, with Quests that range from anywhere, to hunting anything?

I'm open to a Monster Hunter RP. Would definitely give me a reason to actually roleplay again. It's been far too long. And Monster Hunter is definitely such a broad world there's so much to do.

I'm in, if it's still going on.

gunlance is life.

I'd be really interested in this, and I love a lot of Justin93's RP ideas, but I'm kinda curious how monster hunts themselves would go in an RP sense, both Solo and Group. Would we want someone playing as the monster?

ChaosZereul ChaosZereul

Monster hunts would work as "mission quests." If you've ever had mission quests in an RP before, you'll know what I mean. I would be in control of the Monster since I'd be the GM.

As I mentioned before though, this RP is still very much "in progress." With everything I have in mind for this RP, it's a pretty big project and not one I'd prefer to try to handle on my own. If anybody is interested enough in this idea and wouldn't mind helping out, feel free to send me a PM or something. I have tons of ideas and I'm willing to share them.

Interested, has been years on this site i have not seen some interesting MH Rp So i am in! being a long time fan, more than ever!
I was thinking something more, I will send you a PM regarding some ideas, i see this with good potential that is for sure!

Y'know, I was kinda thinking about doing a "Monster Hunter Roleplay" thing in-game, using "RP Rooms" dedicated to players who use this site, while using the built-in Chat/VC for speaking "In-Character"... that, or using "Text Chat" for those of us who don't have mics. xD

However, not entirely sure how long that would last... >_>

Like, they have potential for it! Even have those tables on the deck where Hunters can gather around, celebrate, talk about their latest achievements, and stuff like that... all in the "Gathering Hub". ^_^

I just joined this site so I could search for a Monster Hunter RP. I'm positively addicted to MHW right now.

I think it'd be just as much fun to explore the lives of non-hunters, like palicoes, researchers, fishermen, cooks, etc. I also think it'd be good to have member volunteers to play as monsters during big hunts, with admin approval first. That way it wouldn't be too high a workload for the admins to keep up with. (I know I'd be up for it. c:)

If this gets made it is safe to say I'll join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back