• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Monster hunter/cryptid protection interest check

Starry Night Smol

Tiny adventure bean
Hey! I'm looking for folks interested in doing a monster hunter/cryptid protection dice rp. The dice mechanic isn't specific to d&d or anything that I'm aware of, but it's inspired by a few games. The dice mechanic will be used mostly when we are combating creatures/enemies. If I've piqued your interest, take a look at some of the basics I'm thinking about below and then reply here if you're interested in participating! If enough people are interested I will start a thread for it and post a link here :>

Long Story Short:
-- Setting: Set in modern-esque United States (gonna make up a fictional town along the Northwest)

-- Genre: Modern/fantasy/slice of life/romance/action. Contains fantasy characteristics; werewolves, bigfoot, shadow monsters, air benders (and other elementals), vampires, ghouls, and more!

-- Premise: Characters will be combating 'the bad' monsters while keeping 'the good ones' a secret. Ya know, making sure the peaceful coexistence between humans and the cryptids of the area.

-- Role options:
---- Member of the protection group tasked with taking down baddies and keeping the good ones a secret from oblivious and suspicious humans.
---- Monster refugee (may or may not be part of the protection group)
---- Helpful human (aware of monsters but not part of the protection group, just giving a hand when a monster's in trouble)
---- Oblivious human
---- Suspicious human (think conspiracy theorists)
---- Monster hunter who wan'ts to get rid of ALL monsters, good or bad.

-- Combat with monsters/enemies will be based on dice rolls. Dice portion will take place in a Discord server using a dicebot. I'll post combat rules in discord.

-- Other aspects of the rp are just gonna be based on characters' responses/reactions.

-- Response length and frequency: askin' for at minimum 1-2 paragraphs and posting at least once a week. (Trust me i know life is hard and sometimes work/school/whatever sucks so the occasional short post is a-ok.)

-- Response type: asking that you use the name of your character instead of first-person pronouns. Makes it easier to keep track of who's who.

-- Character limit: There is no limit to number of charas. Have as many as you can handle. (I'll be making a lot of minor/NPC charas but you do whatevs ya like)

Last edited:
I'm interested, though what you've suggested sounds a lot like an existing game called Monster of the Week.

I would be down for this. I think I am partial to the "Suspicious Human" or the "Monster Hunter." Anyone else got any ideas of what they would want to play?

Hey, I'm pretty interested in joining as a member of protection.

I am working on a character sheet and finally decided on playing a suspicious human. Do we have a character thread to post our sheets yet?

Sounds super fun! I'd like to play a suspicious human, conspiracy theorist and all. They swear they see creatures, but everyone thinks they're crazy. I'd also like to see more existing cryptids (mothman, thunderbirds, tree octupi).

I’m interested if you’re still looking for members!

For me a monster refugee sounds nice :)

How far can we go with monsters exactly?

Word of warning, I've waiting for this Rp to start for a while and I think the host ghosted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back