• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mononoke&Makina「 Out-of-Character 」

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Blu

ᴏɴʟʏ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀꜱ ʟᴇꜰᴛ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
OOCLogo.png

「 Welcome to the Mononoke&Makina Out-of-Character Chat! Use this for discussions relating to the RP or just for general chatter. For newcomers, check out the interest check filed under 'Other' to get started. 」

RP Rules
  • 1 All RPNation rules apply.
  • 2 Use general RP etiquette (no godmod, powerplay, etc.).
  • 3 As the Host/GM, I have final say on all decisions relating to the RP.
  • 4 Be respectful of other players and keep personal drama out of the RP.
  • 5 One character per player. You can create unlimited NPCs.
  • 6 One post per week (minimum). Please let us know when you can't post. Communication is important!
  • 7 Minimum post length is flexible. Write as much or as little as you need to get your point across but just make sure there is enough for others to respond to.
  • 8 If I like your character sheet, that means your character is approved.
  • 9 It's important to read the Lore thread to get a better understanding of certain topics.

passed out for a bit today, sorry for the late-ish reply and thanks for the tag~

have there been any roles called so far? y'know, so that everyone isn't doing the same thing without realising

have there been any roles called so far? y'know, so that everyone isn't doing the same thing without realising

There haven't but I wouldn't worry about it. Just make whatever you like. Originally had the plan to make everybody a samurai + makina combo but only included the choice to make a different kind of character just because. But obviously, the samurai + makina is the best way to go (imo) cause you can contribute to battles and the plot focuses on that dynamic.

Before I forget, this was discussed in the interest check but I'll reiterate:

Prior to the start of the current events, if you're a samurai: your own makina found data in their memory banks concerning the "snow-haired makina" and is compelled to seek them out. So they ask your samurai to help.

For non-samurai: you're reason can be whatever as long as it gets you into the same town at the beginning.

a few more questions to be sure. is it expected for the samurai-makina pair to also be male-female?

and, what's the state of weapons like the arquebus?

oh, oh, actually. this might be a nerdy nitpick at heart, but i see there's a living Taira in the Lore section. is this unrelated to the legendary Heike or someone claiming direct descendance?

a few more questions to be sure. is it expected for the samurai-makina pair to also be male-female?

and, what's the state of weapons like the arquebus?

oh, oh, actually. this might be a nerdy nitpick at heart, but i see there's a living Taira in the Lore section. is this unrelated to the legendary Heike or someone claiming direct descendance?

1. No, the pairings can be any combination.
2. Last I checked, firearms have been introduced to Japan in the late 1500's so they're there if you want to use it. But, makina are very advanced tech so their guns could be sci-fi-level tech.
3. Completely unrelated, I'm using it as a given name, not the family name lol I'm not aiming to use historical figures in the rp (at least none that I can think of right now), but feel free to.

hell yea.
i assume we should write down the "unlocked" personalities for our makinas? or should we just gloss over that for now?

Pepsionne Pepsionne Both of the bounty hunter boys are accepted but I also want to warn you about weapons so you can make the changes if you want:

The primary weapon that your samurai uses should go under your makina's equipment instead because only a makina weapon is capable of harming machine flesh. Normal weapons won't be effective. I mentioned in the lore that makina provide their partners with weapons for that reason.

Glassred Glassred tagging you to let you know as well if you'd like to make any changes.

For Kosochi I didn't mention anything because I figure as a blacksmith she'd be able to melt down demon parts to make ammunition from and Jii-san is a tank character anyway.
the old man throws hands

it also dawned on me that kōsochi is the type of person to make a new gun instead of reloading
because it would take less time

The primary weapon that your samurai uses should go under your makina's equipment instead because only a makina weapon is capable of harming machine flesh. Normal weapons won't be effective. I mentioned in the lore that makina provide their partners with weapons for that reason.
ooo I didn't realize that, I'll fix it now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back