• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy MonoChrome - An adventure story in a colourless world - CLOSED

Interest check

Fus ro dah

Lorekeeper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
MonoChrome

Ostea is a world trapped in black and white. It’s the way it’s been for as long as anyone can recall. The lands are littered with ancient ruins from whomever came before; cities, towns and strange metal creations that have been reclaimed by nature over time. Although those ancient ruins are filled with danger and as such, are forbidden to travelers. Not that it stops daring adventurers from exploring the areas for treasures from those who came before. Treasures from the ruins fetch a high price, but death or permanent injury is a high price to pay if you dare go into the ruins. You are one of a group of rag-tag adventurers who have just gathered in Serenity for the first time, why you decided to group up with others for adventure, only you know. Although one thing is for sure. Making money doing dangerous or hard jobs is easier with others who hopefully will have your back if things go bad.

_

This is a semi-dice adventure with 5 classes to choose from that are for RP flavour and combat (no character sheets like D&D for stats). The rolls will be used by myself for treasures (that have 4 rarity levels and increase in price) and to determine random minor events to keep things moving and interesting. Choose from 5 races, with a 6th limited to one player in the party due to rarity of them in the world.

The world is hand crafted by myself, adding in some creatures alongside those we know on Earth. There's no magical races, no magic wielders so keep this in mind upon character creation.

The world edges on urban fantasy/steampunk/electricity more than traditional high fantasy. Ostea is a world changed after an apocalyptic event that happened at least 1800 years in the past, a modern world wiped out in a blink of an eye and it's history forgotten and lost to time and the aftermath.

Ostea has 4 religions, it's not uncommon to follow none all the way through to all four. Traces of the Old World exist scattered across Ostea and collectors pay for these items.

Feel free to ask any other questions here, I'd love a minimum of four people to begin, with a max of perhaps 6-8 if there's enough interest.

---------
Fantasy - MonoChrome - Lore

We have 4 characters and are gearing up to start, if anyone else is interested now is the time to jump in!

Last edited:
I've never done anything like D&D or any other kind of dice-rolling thing but count me in if there's enough interest. : )

Last edited:
This sounds really cool! What are the classes/races?

Dan'ir: The Dan’ir are tall, dark skinned elves, averaging six and a half feet. Their hair ranges from blacks to whites and rarely to reds. Their eyes are silver, purple or gold. Heterochromia is not uncommon in the Dan’ir

Thori'dal: Tall like Dan’ir elves, pale skinned and their hair comes in ranges of silvers, blues, reds and purples. Their eyes can be any colour except silver, purple or gold.

Fauni: They’re only based on domestic animals such as cats, dogs, birds, horses and stock animals such as cattle, sheep, goats etc. Their hair colour has a wide range, generally matching or complimenting their ear colour. (So think kemonomimi/animal humanoids)

Ish-nial: A short race who are 5ft 2” at their tallest, the Ish-nial have a relaxed dress style, short pointed elven ears and horns that grow in a few years after they’re born. Generally from 4-5 years old, the nubs they are born with start to grow. Their skin is darker toned and their eyes are generally earthy colours.

Rhox: Tall and athletic, the Rhox have thick, scaled skin that is tanned to dark in tone. Generally they are 5ft 6” to 6ft at average and have no hair. Resting bitch face is a norm for the Rhox. They have a fondness for gold and use it in all manner of personal decorations from jewellery to home decorations and art.

Constructs: Generally humanoid, resembling elves more than any other races. They are shorter than elves, standing around 6 feet in height. (I realised I need to expand on this race description, but they look like robotic elves basically)

Classes

Fighter: A classic mercenary who prefers to use swords, or similar weapons. Either a two handed, one one handed (with or without shield) or two one handed. They often are hired to wipe out dangerous monsters on the roads or that cause threats to towns. They are also bodyguards and town guards. (Choose from: One 2 handed weapon (sword, axe, hammer), one one handed weapon + a shield or two one handed weapons.)

Rogue: Generally on the bad side of the law, rogues generally wield daggers in combat which are easier to conceal. Throwing weapons, a shortbow or shortsword are also not uncommon a side weapon. (Choose one from: throwing weapons, shortbow or short sword as a secondary weapon.) They generally have knowledge of Fences in cities and some have connections to the Black Market.

Alchemist: Using science to create a variety of items, Alchemists are healers as well as damage dealers. Their knowledge allows them to create medicines to heal, including local plant life in dire situations, as well as explosives like gunpowder and poisons, acids etc. Traveling alchemists are not uncommon across Ostea, often taking their city knowledge on the road to help others. Snake oil salesmen often pose as alchemists to try and make some quick money.

Ranger/Gunslinger: Often mercenaries like Fighters, the Ranger or Gunslinger rely on ranged weapons to deal their damage. Gunslingers are far less common, as guns are expensive and controlled by the Governments of the world. Gunslingers are hired as city guards or bodyguards, although there are those that leave their job behind and take their gun with them. Rangers prefer the old school bow and quiver of arrows (or crossbow and bolts) as their main weapon and often have a sword on hand for close combat. Rangers tend to be hunters or mercenaries. (Choose from: Bow or crossbow and sword or dagger for secondary weapon. Gunslinger: Choose from a pistol or rifle.)

Monk: Monks are scholars who will fight if the need arises. Often they have an interest in the religions of Ostea or the history of the world, traveling around collecting stories. They excel at hand to hand combat but some use staves as a blunt melee weapon. Through study, some Monks learn multiple fighting styles from across the world and some pick up other weapon skills. (Choose from stave, or bare handed fighting.)

Oooo idea for an Ish-nial Alchemist or Ranger character

Please do!!!! I need something to do while we wait for more interest lol. Can't wait for this to start, looks super interesting

Wow. You really are a lorekeeper. Danggggggg. So intricately-detailed. Amazing. Can't wait to explore Ostea

I think that's all the public information required! If I've missed anything obvious let me know please. I've posted the rules and character sheets for those who want to start getting stuff made.

But like...why not? Then we could kind of get a feel for how our characters would've lived before joining the group of rag-tag adventurers. Maybe I'm just a sucker for well-thought-out worldbuilding though lol

But like...why not? Then we could kind of get a feel for how our characters would've lived before joining the group of rag-tag adventurers. Maybe I'm just a sucker for well-thought-out worldbuilding though lol

I'd have to delete and repost the places of note thread and break it up, since the site only allows 20 images per thread. I can do that!

I mean if it's too much trouble don't bother, I'm just curious. It's already pretty amazing without any extra pictures

Ooooo. Nice. Starting to gather together ideas for a character : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back