• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Moments in Time

- First Impressions -
" Kenren Taisho "

"Okay." said Kenren, nodding solemnly. "So, meanwhile, I'm going to be hands off?" He released his hold on him, stepping back. Despite that ladies' kimono he was wearing, there was something manly about him that overpassed that.

Last edited:
-First Impressions-
-Chenglei Zhou-

Chenglei looked at the side, the tips of his ears turning pink. "F-fur now...I'm okay wit' hugs...l-lik' befur'." His hands twiddled a bit and one of them reached out halfway. "A-and holdin' hands..." He muttered that last part, really shy as he hitched his shoulders up.

Zer0 Zer0

2ae57a64e1ba3ae5c7af9fe688891821.jpg
- First Impressions -
" Kenren Taisho "

Kenren's eyes lit up cheerfully, and he reached out to hold Chenglei's hard-working hands in his smoother own, rough only with callouses from practicing with a sword. "You're tough, but you're a big softie inside. It's like you turned from a wolf into a kitten, Chenglei." he said, amused, and gazed at him, breathing deeply. "Though, I've always known you're like that at home."

He was looking at him as though he had never met anyone quite like him before. "Hugs and hand-holding it is. Shall we go back to camp?"

They had to keep this new direction of their relationship a secret from Mrs. Taisho, whom Kenren said would not allow it if she knew. But whenever they were alone, and he made a lot of excuses just to be alone with him, he'd hold Chenglei's hand and do it secretly under the blankets too whenever the rainy nights came back and they had to huddle together for warmth again.

* * * *​

Upon arrival to Danhua, they could see that the Hakagami have settled in the town. There were guards at the gates, checking everyone, soldiers roamed the streets, and as they looked down upon the plains from their hiding spot in the forest. It seemed that there was something going on in the town square.

There were people being given the choice to commit harakiri, or honorable suicide. Captured Taisho loyalists perhaps.

Kenren's eyes widened in horror. "Those are my friends." his fingers dug furrows in the dirt when none of them did it and instead rose up to attack; immediately, archers at the ready fired their bows and the crowd gasped as one of the prisoners, before she fell, riddled with arrows, threw the sword of the executioner at the Hakagami officers present, but missed. The blade sticking into the wood. One of the officers, the one in the middle, took the sword and beheaded all of them.

They were too far to hear what was going on, but it seems that the loyalists were made as examples. Anybody who disobeyed will be executed too.

Kenren's eyes smoldered with grief and anger. "Chenglei, if my other friends are still alive we need to get them out of Danhua. Let's sneak in the house of the Jouda family tonight, maybe they haven't been caught yet.

Katsuya Katsuya

-First Impressions-
-Chenglei Zhou-

Chenglei peeked through his messy hair, frowning and a bit put out from the comparison. "I ain't a cat!" Though when the potential prince went on, the blonde blushed again. It's not like he can argue when he knows it's true, dotting on his sister and making sure Granny is doing okay...despite the hits.

But still-!

Letting a out a small smile and squeezing Kenren's hand lightly, Chenglei nodded. He didn't want to let go yet but Mrs. Taisho might get worried if they were gone for too long. So after picking up the berries that he dropped, the blonde walked with Kenren back to camp, only letting go when Mrs. Taisho can see them.

He understood that they have to keep this relationship a secret and while it's really funny to see Kenren making a lot of excuses to spend time with him; Chenglei wonders if his mother will suspect him for doing that a lot...He hopes not or if she does find out, he hopes that she doesn't abandon Kenren.

Chenglei raised an eyebrow when he noticed all the soldiers waiting and looking at anyone who passes through, blinking a bit when he saw the platform with people on it. Then he took a sharp breathe when one of them, a girl it seems, tossed a sword at the ones sitting in front of them only to be struck by arrows. The blonde leaned back a bit when he saw the guy in the middle grab the sword and beheaded the rest. His eyes narrowed as his jaws clenched.

Wrapping an arm around his shoulder and squeezed meaningfully, Chenglei didn't look away from the terrible sight. "Right. I hope some of yur friends are okay when we do find dem." He said quietly.

When night came, Chenglei followed Kenren to the Jouda family household, praying in his head that they would be hiding or at least alive and well.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
-A Day Out-
Lydia only shrugged bashfully as James complimented her. She hadn't meant to make their fans feel bad, but they were putting herself and James in an uncomfortable situation. She looked at James tenderly for a moment before she noticed that the snacks they had bought had been ransacked and looked at Callie suspiciously, laughing slightly and shaking her head, "James, I think we have a thief in our midst."

"You know... you and the twins are a lot like Thomas and Frederick... you should use your cleverness to get back at the twins whenever they annoy you," Thomas had learned quickly not to toy with Frederick and that was why Lydia had become the victim to his pranks, though he never went overboard because while Frederick would let Lydia handle it for the most part, but if Thomas got carried away, Frederick would teach him a lesson. Of course those days were over for them all, mainly because Thomas turned into a less stuck-up version of Seifer and developed a very business oriented mind, which had her concerned when they arrived at the 'Heroes of Holt' stall.

Lydia was a little less amused than James as they looked over the figurines that were meant to depict them and their friends. She had thought it would be fun to see the figurines and send some home to her family, but she realized, knowing how Thomas and her father thought, they would be none too pleased with the fact that someone was selling figurines of her and gaining the profits from it. Her cheeks puffed up as she thought of the trouble they would probably try to cause at the fact that this vendor was selling things that were meant to depict her and didn't really depict her at all, this Lydia found actually slightly clever and tugged on James hand gently before whispering, "I think there's a reason that they don't really look like us."

It was then that the conversation of some of the customers at the stall caught her ears and she looked mortified. She looked to James, her brow furrowing and she found herself overwhelmingly uncomfortable and under dressed. She nodded nervously, trying to seem casual as she warily eyed the ones arguing about which out of she and her friends were hotter and accepted James robe, taking the end of it over the crook of her arm so that it didn't drag since she was a good bit shorter than James and huddled closer to him, speaking softly, "l-let's go..." she tugged wrapped her arm around his and pulled him towards the door, aiming to not be conspicuous.

Zer0 Zer0

- A Day Out -
"James Pendragon"

"But I thought you wanted to buy one, Lydia?" he showed her the manly man Echo figurine.

At the sound of her name, a child who was wearing a Serena mask and carrying a toy flaming violin turned to look at them, gasped, pointed and screamed delightedly: "LADY DEATHBANE!"

Everyone's heads swiveled in their direction. Suddenly they were overwhelmed with excitedly yelling fans, and not the polite ones who can respect space like the merfolk from the diner.

"Can I have your autograph?!"; "Can I touch your hair?!"; flash, flash, flash went dozens of cameras; "Aaaaaaaaaah! It's Lady Deathbane!"; "Will you sign my shirt!?"; "Hey, I was first!"; "That guy's James' Pendragon!"; "No, he's not, he's not old."; "He's young, didn't you see his picture in the papers?! That's him!"; "Lady Deathbane, will you be my wifu?!" panted a geek creepily. So many people were touching them, and coming over to see, craning their necks over the other people that the narrow market street got clogged up by fans and almost everyone was jam packed like sardines.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

-A Day Out-
Lydia kept her voice low, she didn't really want to offend anyone by her decision to not make a purchase, "I did... but not anymore," she was becoming more acutely aware of those around her by the minute and tugged James arm urgently as she kept the robe tightly around her but it seemed it was too late as a child yelled out her name. Her eyes widened as she turned to the child, though she didn't have a chance to react as suddenly the eyes of everyone there were on them and she found herself clinging more tightly to James, "J-James...."

All Lydia could do was shake her head rapidly, it was better than nodding considering the waterfall of questions that were falling on them as she squinted her eyes slightly against the flash of cameras. She was losing her patience. Micheal, Coal, and the others at the restaurant had been so courteous and respectful that this literal mob was a slap in the face and it didn't take long before their disrespect finally made Lydia snap. James likely heard her as she somewhat angrily and in a hiss spoke the word 'Amplify' before her voice came forth in a booming tone that would definitely be heard by everyone nearby, "yes, I am Lady Deathbane! Maybe you should take that into consideration and show some respect!" Her expression rivaled that of her figurine as those green eyes turned fiery and she glared at their supposed fans. Once she had gotten all of their attention, in a gentler though curt and obviously annoyed but trying to remain pleasant tone, she spoke again, "now. If you would like to ask a question or take a picture, you may do so, but please give us some space," she carried the grace and patience of a mother chiding a child, the sort that said she could be peaceful but wouldn't be if crossed, it was a two faced coin.

Zer0 Zer0

- A Day Out -
"James Pendragon"

Behind Lydia, James, who had been trying to ward of the pressing horde of avid fans unsuccessfully with an arm while the other was around Lydia protectively, plugged his ears immediately before her voice boomed. Those who were close fell back from the strength of Lydia's voice wincing and covering their ears.

For a moment everyone was stunned in silent trepidation, as though afraid she was going to go Lady Deathbane on them. But when she toned down, they whoa'd and clapped; some just nodding mutely or saying sorry.

"What a voice!"; "Scared the doo doo out of me!"; "Like the roar of a dragon!"; "I want my money back, my figurine doesn't look like her!"; "Lady Deathbane, s-so, w-will you be my waifu?"

They gave them their space now, and the man heading the stall seemed to see this as a business opportunity, because when he finally elbowed his way to them, greeted Lydia and James enthusiastically while holding up some of his merchandise for someone taking pictures and told everyone to line up for autographs and questions. But then the city guards came along wondering what all the hullabaloo was about, and tried to get everyone to get moving along the streets because it was jam packed all the way to the second block in every direction and nobody could get through.

In the end, they got Lydia and James out, then set up a fan booth area for them in a nearby park. Crowds followed them, men's heads turned when she passed by wolf-whistling and hooting, while kids and women looked up to her and cheered, stretching out their hands for high-five's, shakes, or just to touch her; girls screamed when James strode by and he did his utmost not to strut nor puff his chest out, embarrassed but pleased, and just smiled courteously as he held Lydia's hand.

He loved the admiration, but wasn't sure how Lydia would feel about him giving attention to the girls. It couldn't be helped though when the stall owner --- who followed them too, set up autograph booths out of nowhere, bringing his merchandise too in the park.

"Are we going to do this?" James asked Lydia. "There's so many people, I don't want to disappoint them, but I want to hang out with you and eat dinner together." It was still early in the afternoon, but it didn't look like a single day would be enough to quench these fans.

In the distance, he spotted a very familiar blue hat. Johnny, who was with Echo, was looking at him like Whaaaaat?

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Katsuya Katsuya

environment-concept-art-11.jpg
- First Impressions -
" Kenren Taisho "

The Jouda compound was being watched by soldiers. Kenren wasn't as nimble as Chenglei, but with his help they were able to secretly climb over the wall that night and sneak into the main house. There seemed to be no men inside, only Mrs. Jouda, her daughters and their servants, so it came as a shock when the three surreptitiously got her attention and her eyes widened in recognition of Kenren.

"My lord! No, you mustn't be here." she whispered, alarmed looking around her quickly. " Cho Hakagami and his officers are sleeping here, they're going to come back soon from the execution. Quick, under the floor boards and don't make a sound!"

Oriental homes were usually on stilts, so there was space underneath for someone to crawl into. There were Hakagami servants in the house and Mrs. Jouda told them to crawl under the floor of the kitchens, right underneath the pantry, where she slipped them a note later answering all their questions about what's been going on in this place.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
aquarium_by_k0ii-d8h7vx0.png

-A Day Out-
-Echo Muses-
Echo enjoyed her date with Johnny, looking around the Zoo and seeing all of the animals they had in there. Her favorite part of the zoo was the aquarium where they can look from above and around as the sea creatures swam. The place didn't even need fire or electrical lighting because of the sun rays hitting down from the surface.

She barely tugs Johnny by the hand as she gets excited seeing the large sea creatures, especially the sharks, whales and sunfishes. Those were huge!! Massive! Like bigger than her home! Though she didn't let go of his hand either, sometimes squeezing it tenderly and nuzzling his shoulder or randomly leave kisses on his cheek.

So now when they were going back to the Warship, Johnny suddenly stopped and she had to look up at him, raising an eyebrow. "What is it, Johnny?" Echo asked quietly before looking at the crowd that surrounded...Oh...

".....Um...Should we run now before they notice us?" The fawn asked, leaning in a bit as her ears folded back; Her green eyes noticed how James was staring at her boyfriend too...Uh-oh...

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

-First Impressions-
-Chenglei Zhou-

Chenglei made sure when they jumped over the wall to catch the prince and his mother and then sneak in the main house. Sad to say but he's used to climbing and going through hard terrain and city buildings. They were just easy to climb on.

It really weird how there's no men in the house, only women, daughters, and their servants...The blonde wondered if the men left to escape or were they the ones who got beheaded? It could be since Kenren said that they were his friends. Chenglei stayed silent during this whole thing, following Mrs. Jouda's advice of hiding under the floorboards and to the pantry, waiting for her to pass a note about what's going on.

When the note came by and Kenren read it, Chenglei tapped his hand lightly with a tip of his finger before flipping it over and write on his palm. 'What does it say? What happened? Where did the men go?'

Zer0 Zer0

- A Day Out -
"Johnny Caprice"

Johnny pointed at all fans surrounding Lydia and James. "Yes, let's run." James was giving him a get-us-out-of-here look, but there was no way to do that without him and Echo getting spotted too or seeming very rude to the fans if they used their spell against them. He mouthed, 'Good luck, James, Lydia!', saluted them, then ran away with Echo.

"It's brilliant, getting all that attention, but this is our last day in Chingpo and I'd rather spend it meaningfully." he said when they were a good distance away from the park. He opened the door for Echo when they reached the warship and was glad they reached the relative peace of the ship.

- First Impressions -
" Kenren Taisho "

The Jouada family were known to be strong supporters of the Taisho family. They had influence too, so many people followed them in Danhua. The head of the family and the men were in prison, setting an example for the people to stay calm and not give the Hakagami a reason to hurt you. But secretly, most of the supporters had fled to the mountains and they were all gathering for a rebellion. They are led by a loyal leader who's been staging skirmishes and guerilla warfare with the Hakagami's for the past week, raiding supply caravans and hitting outposts. But they haven't been progressing significantly, and the execution today was of rebel prisoners whom the Hakagami soldiers have captured in battle recently..

They've been causing a lot trouble of their foes, but it seemed as though their love for Danhua and Akihaba was making them concentrate their efforts on the not very important family members here, instead of going for the big fishes of the Hakagami clan who are in the other provinces of the Orients.

None of the Hakagami's valuable assets were here in Akihara, and that the reason why the heads of the Jouda family were not resisting was because they were waiting for an opportunity to revolt and have the effects last, instead of what's been going on with the loyalists lately where they are hassling the officers here, but in the future, even if they won Danhua back, the main army of the Hakagami can just come here and drive them out again. Which is a waste of resources, lives, and time overall in the grand scheme of things for the Taisho's.

Kenren's uncle, the head of the Taisho's was still imprisoned in another city, and the rest of their supporters were scattered or doing as the loyalists in Akihara, staging skirmishes but not really making an impact. They needed a leader, they needed Kenren's uncle.

He shared all this with Chenglei and his mom, and silently communicated about what they were going to do now. They needed a map and reliable information of how the war was going if they were going to rescue his uncle. They were going to need an army to fight the Hakagami, and they needed to make contact with the loyalist leaders. There were so many questions, but right now all they could do was just rest and plan.

'Chenglei, I have a crazy idea. The supporters of the Taisho's are not united, but if they were, we can take back Akihara and bring down the Hakagami. I will unite them, but I can't do it by myself, nor do I think will they follow someone as young and inexperienced as me, so, what if we steal the important papers of the officers here? There might be information we can use and then we begin planning how to strike back from there and build up a reputation.'

Katsuya Katsuya

-A Day Out-

Echo nodded, awkwardly waving 'bye' at James as the couple left to hide in the Warship. "Yea...Sorry James. Sorry Lydia." The fawn whispered, feeling bad that they abandoned their friends for their own sake'.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

-First Impressions-
-Chenglei Zhou-

'Yea, you're right! You do have a crazy idea, Kenren!' Chenglei wrote as he looked at him with alarm. They are hiding for a reason and yet Kenren wants to steal important papers from these men? The ones who, I don't know, have training about that type of stuff and can kill them with a single swipe of their blades?!

But then...Kenren has that type of training too...So...

Then he sighed silently, shoulders slumped and wrote: 'I'm in. What should we do first? Wait until they fall asleep and then steal it and run away?' Better to be prepared with then not be prepared and he knows how to leave the property without anyone catching them if they do this right...

Zer0 Zer0

-A Day Out-
While this excursion had seemed to be a disaster, there was at least one positive in it for Lydia and that was how James protectively held her as he tried to keep the crowd back. She found security in it and while her irritation with the encroaching crowd had aided in her decision to amplify her voice, James' embrace had bolstered her courage and once the crowd had calmed and backed away she collected his arm again and wrapped it back around herself, partially for security and partially to keep the creep asking her to be his 'waifu' at bay. She shook her head steadily with a deadpan look on her face as she held James' arm tightly around her like a blockade against the fan.

When the shop keeper arrived and took command of the situation, all Lydia could do was shake her head. She looked to James pleadingly, she didn't want to sign autographs, "J-James... I really don't want to be officially associated with his products," she whispered up to him through gritted teeth as she pressed tightly against him. The whole situation was becoming nerve wracking and she was extremely grateful when the city guard showed up and thanked them profusely as they cleared the situation up and escorted them away from the stall. She breathed a sigh of relief, but it didn't seem like she planned on letting go of James any time soon, or any time that century as her hand had collected his and her grip was tight.

She really hated to do it since he had just gotten these robes and she didn't want to ruin them, but all of that hesitation went out the window as she heard the first wolf whistle and even though it would be several inches longer than she was tall, Lydia let the hem of the robes hit the ground so that she could better tighten the the enclosure around herself. To the children and women that cheered she smiled shyly and nodded to, shaking their hands and giving high-fives, though it made her feel noticeably awkward if they just tried to touch her anywhere but her hand and she would balk away or try to catch their hand with hers before they could graze her arm or anything.

She noticed the girls screaming for James equally as much as she noticed the men whistling for her and it filled her with a mixture of emotions that only showed in a somewhat somber expression on her face, though of James looked to her for her reaction, she would offer him an awkward smile because she wasn't really sure how to react to all the attention, even less so when it was attention for the one she cared for.

When they arrived at the park and the autograph booth was set up and all the chaos of the crowd gathered to see them ensued, Lydia felt panicked and practically glued herself to James side as the worry appeared evident on her face. Lydia grimaced in thought as James voiced his concerns, looking off into the distance as she did so and nearly simultaneously spotting Johnny and Echo as James did. She gave them a sort of helpless look, but it wasn't pleading and she mouthed the single word, 'run.' She didn't want them to get caught up in the situation that she and James were currently in so as much as she wanted her friends to rescue the two of them, it seemed like it wouldn't be possible and she was glad when they chose not to, closing her eyes and breathing a sigh of relief.

"I-I'm sorry James... maybe it would have been better not to visit that stall..." she hadn't realized what fans were really like. At least not this type of fans, any of the people they had dealt with up to now had been well mannered and polite and had kept their distance and not been pushy and this felt like they had gotten wrangled into it. She could barely handle the more polite of the fans, this situation had her heart beating rapidly and a knot had made a home in her stomach, her hand was clammy against James and her brow was set in a panicked furrow, "m-maybe just an hour... no autographs, no questions and only group pictures?" she suggested softly. She didn't want to disappoint them either, but they didn't have a lot of time left before they would have to leave Chingpo and who knew when they would get to return.

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya

- First Impressions -
" Kenren Taisho "

'Yes, but let them see I stole it so that they don't blame any of the women here.' wrote Kenren. His mother was just breathing calmly beside him, holding his other hand. He must not be writing on her palm or else she probably would have objected to this.

'We have to find it first, though, all we can do is wait until Mrs. Jouda comes back. She probably has an idea where they're kept . . . and, Chenglei, thank you. You're very loyal and brave.'

Katsuya Katsuya

- A Day Out -
"James Pendragon"

"No, let's leave, Lydia." said James firmly, holding her close to him. He looked anxious for her, and had been soothingly rubbing her shoulders and her tight hand as they walked, never leaving her side and not letting anyone touch her beyond her hands either --- especially that waifu nerd.

It amazed him that even though she was uncomfortable, she was so nice that she'd suggest allowing group pictures when those kinds of guys were around --- but, no, he didn't want them touching her because she didn't like it. He also noticed the somber smile she gave him when those girls cheered and he knew that smile, it was her I-feel-sad-but-it's-okay-smile or it's-no-big-deal-I'm-sad-smile, and felt that if girls leaned on his shoulder or put their arm around his waist it would make her uncomfortable, and he didn't want that.

"Ursa Choutte Venire." with a puff of cloud Pond the owl bear loomed out on the booth area. The crowd ooh'd and clapped. "Take us back to the warship, Pond." said James. She nodded and stooped, picking up then putting the autograph booth and merchandise stall aside, then spread a giant feathery claw for them to hop on.

Then she rose high over the heads of the crowd. She was a gentle creature and as the crowd realized that the two were actually leaving, waved her free hand in a spiral that created a swirling gust around her strong enough to send their bags, skirts, and loose clothes flying upwards if they came close, which they definitely tried to do as she carefully made her way to the water street. The crowd was disappointed, but James didn't feel the need to explain their sudden departure.

"You okay?" he asked, rubbing Lydia's shoulder. Pond looked down in concern too.

-First Impressions-
-Chenglei Zhou-

Chenglei's calm breath hitched a bit; A sign that he's most likely blushing again as Kenren can feel his trembling hand under his own and a soft tracing of his finger. 'I said I would be your guard and help you. I'm not backing down now.' Then he squeezed his hand meaningfully before writing some more.

'Though I think they would know how you look like and if you took the important papers, I think the Loyalists will try to find you too if these guys make a huge enough ruckus for the presses...I think.' Chenglei know that if he was part of the rebelling, which he was since he's together with Kenren, he would be looking for the teen immediately.

Zer0 Zer0

-A Day Out-
A tender smile graced her lips at James' words. It was hard to put a term to the expression since it was both relieved and somehow joyful at his decision and the consideration for her that was evident on his features. It wasn't until after Pond was carrying them both away and back to the warship that Lydia spoke again, watching the crowds disappear behind them before she realized the concerned looks and actions that James and Pond were showing her. She looked to them both in turn before smiling and giggling slightly, "you two..." she hugged against James and pet Ponds massive claw, "thank you... I-I wasn't sure... how to handle that... it's all very strange."

She smiled up to James, "you seem like you are relatively used to that sort of thing... I suppose you would be though..." she considered the fact that he was Master Howl's son and that in his own right he had made plenty of achievements that warranted attention such as what they had just received.

Blushing, she buried her cheek against James' shoulder, "you were like a bodyguard how you were keeping anyone from touching me, " she leaned back from him again, her large green eyes blinking a few times, her brow furrowing slightly, "a-are you.. okay? I-I mean... it's not like I was the only one with fans there..." she mentioned it because she wasn't sure if he had wanted to leave just because he didn't want her to be uncomfortable or if he just didn't want to deal with the crowd, she knew how considerate of her he could be after all.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- A Day Out -
"James Pendragon"

James hugged and patted Lydia's back amiably. "Yeah, I am, but not like that. That was more intense than back at Holt." he smiled when he listened to the way she spoke about him being like a bodyguard, and puffed his chest out. "I liked the admiration, but they were making you uncomfortable, so we had to leave."

Pond gently brushed Lydia's hair with the flat of her claw. She looked back at the dwindling crowd, interested at what had happened. James rummaged his bag for the camera and examined it for any damages. "Camera's alright. I'm thinking of sneaking back here later to have our photos developed and to return this camera. You want to join me? But this time with disguises? Johnny can turn us into mice and Sasha can fly us back. I was also wondering if, you'd like to have dinner with me tonight?" " he added hopefully.

- First Impressions -
" Kenren Taisho "

'That's exactly what I want to happen. Rumors will spread, and they'll know there is still a Taisho roaming free and fighting against the Hakagami clan.' wrote Kenren. 'Our problem now is surviving. We can't steal the documents if we don't prepare an escape plan too. This operation might take days to prepare. I'm thinking of hiding here until we find a better hideout, Chenglei.'

There was a galloping of hooves outside the compound. It seemed that the officers of the Hakagami clan have returned. Minutes later, many feet padded across the floors as the many voices of men talking about today's events spoke close to them. Kenren and his mother shielded their eyes from the dust.

"That ought to demoralize further opposition for a few weeks." said a voice.

"What news of our scouts?"

"They found out where the loyalists are hiding. We're now preparing our troops for battle, we'll be ready in three weeks."

"Good, keep up the fact that we don't know where they are. We'll strike them when they least expect it and slaughter them once and for all."

Katsuya Katsuya

-First Impressions-
-Chenglei Zhou-

'Okay. Maybe while the Hakagami officers here are sleeping, I can scout the area and look for spots that might have guards. I know you mention a map, but we need to make sure the guards' positions too.'
Chenglei suggested. 'Maybe I can find a better hideout too while I'm at it.'

Then he heard the officers come in with heavy boots, Chenglei covered his face from the dust, squinting his eyes a bit as he listens in. His eyes widened in alarm and looked over at the Taisho family. 'We have a time limit is seems.' He wrote. 'Should we sabotage their preparations too, not now but later on? I can see where they have their weapons and stuff so we can mark it on the map?'

Zer0 Zer0

-A Day Out-
Lydia's eyes squinted slightly as she smiled to James happily. She liked how he looked when he was feeling proud. She looked away bashfully as he continued and shook her head laughing slightly as she hugged him, "oh James... you are just so sweet," she honestly wondered what she had done to catch the eye of such a great guy.

She smiled as Pond brushed her hair and laughed slightly, noting Pond's mannerisms and describing to her what had happened and pointing out to Pond the effect her magnificence had on the crowd before her attention turned back to James and she sighed in relief, "I'm glad! I think we got a lot of good pictures," she snuggled against him as he continued, shaking her head as he asked if she wanted to come back with him to develop the pictures, "I-I think I've had enough of Chingpo for the day."

She then looked up at him with a bright grin on her face as he asked about dinner and nodded her head punctuating the gesture by cupping his jaw in one hand and nuzzling his cheek tenderly, "but I would love to have dinner with you."

The hesitation she showed about going back into Chingpo wasn't just because she was afraid of another encounter, of course she knew that one would be highly unlikely if they were turned into mice, but it just sounded like a bit of a hassle. Of course if James did go get the film developed on his own, at least the would give her time to prepare a surprise dinner for him, away from people that might be possible fans because how would it be comfortable for them to dine in Chingpo if they were worried about being seen?

While James developed the film, Lydia set to work. She chose a nice little pagoda near the koi fish pond and with the help of some of Prince Kenren's servants, hung colorful tapestries around it to give them a little privacy. Inside there were a few arcane lanterns for lighting, just enough to add a little extra lighting on top of the candles set on the table without being overly bright.

Of course there was a large platter of sashimi laid out as the main dish, but there was also rice, an assortment of vegetables and grilled chicken in teriyaki. And as odd as it would seem, with Renee's help, Lydia obtained a blueberry cheesecake. She asked a few of the musicians from the Kabuki theater if they would come and play music for a little while, but she didn't tell James anything that she had planned and told him she would meet him in the atelier.

When James returned to the warship, Lydia was where she said she would be, her hair and clothes returned to what she had been wearing earlier in the day before their little excursion, and a blue bandanna in her hand which she requested that James let her put around his eyes. It was a trust exercise in a way, did James trust her enough to let her lead him blind-folded?

If he did, she would lead him to the pagoda where the musicians would start playing as soon as they saw them and once they were just outside, Lydia would remove the blindfold from James' eyes, "surprise..." she spoke softly and nervously, holding the sash she had used to cover his eyes in both hands behind her back, "um... I hope this is all okay..."

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- First Impressions -
" Kenren Taisho "

'Yes.' wrote Kenren, listening in to the conversation above them too. 'Be careful.'

That night he and his mother crawled ever so slowly under the floorboards and into the rooms where they thought the most important people slept and just lay there listening in on their talks, the scratching of quill on parchment and the sliding of drawers where they kept their papers.

For the following days and nights as they learned the habits of their foes, Chenglei would discover that there were twenty-four guards, six officers, and the head honcho of them all was the man that lady had thrown a sword at: Hakagami Mitsui, cousin to one of the sons of the emperor, Hakagami Akira --- the shogun who set fire to the Taisho's main house and captured his uncle.

It seems that the cousins were sent to the different provinces of the Taisho territories to quell rebellion, govern the people, and begin the crafting of weapons, breeding of war horses, and farming of land to feed their growing army which was currently fighting the largest remnant of Taisho loyalists up north.

Chenglei indeed found a better hiding spot in the house, an old well that had been boarded up then buried when it stopped giving water. By digging, they were able to create a tight narrow tunnel they could crawl through and into the hollow of the well where they could at least rest without fear of being found. The tunnel was the only one way in and out, and it led up underneath the floorboards of the house by the servant's quarters. By this time, Mrs. Jouda had some of the servant girls in on the secret, and it was they who provided food and medicine secretly for the three.

Back in the outskirts of Danhua where they had kept that one horse, their spears, and other supplies. There was a trail that went up into the forest and deep into the mountains where a hidden shelter could be set up. This could be their hiding place when they start running away with the documents, and traps could be prepared beforehand too.

Apart from these, more news of skirmishes came along, and they even saw some from time to time, groups of rebels starting fires in the town, fighting along the road, and there were more executions. Many a time Kenren was tempted to sneak up and slit the throat of the sleeping officers, but always they had two guards: one outside their doors, another outside the window. The three were able to figure out which one had the documents, it was none other than Hakagami Mitsui himself, who always carried it around him during the day, then locked it away in a wardrobe at night.

The three thought it over with Mrs. Jouda, and it seemed the best way to go about this was to cut a hole through the floor, through the wardrobe, steal the document, write its contents and then return it without the shogun knowing. Kenren changed his mind, it would be more useful this way, because if the enemy found out, they could just change their plans, but this way they wouldn't know and if they could keep this up they can continue messing up their enemy's plans indefinitely.

'Chenglei, you know how Danhua is making weapons? What if we reclaim the town from the inside? We assassinate the officers, and replace all the banners in the town with the Taisho emblem, free the prisoners, make a lot of noise, make it so that it's as if there was a large hidden army all along and then frighten all the remaining soldiers out of the city for the rebels to ambush them. There are a lot of supporters here, we just need to tell them about it, and then from here, march to Akihara and retake that.'

Word had come to them that Chenglei's family was safe. Kenren's friends had arrived at his home where they learned about all that happened, and were now just standing by for further orders.

Katsuya Katsuya

-First Impressions-
-Chenglei Zhou-

'I'll try.'
Chenglei wrote back and slowly made his way out while the officers are at work, he made sure to stay in the shadows and hidden corners that night.

During their long stay in the pantry, the blonde would come back and report to Kenren, telling him any new habit, face, or anything that's really important. Of course it wasn't easy; There were several times he almost got caught but something always led the guards or the officers away, so he thanked his ancestors for blessing him with luck. Chenglei was relieved that they found another place to hide without any fear too. Though he wished the tunnel to be a bit bigger, but it's better this way in case the officers tried to chase them. They wouldn't be able to crawl in the tunnel to reach the well.

He was also grateful to Mrs. Jouda and her servants who passed some food and medicine to them. The blonde tended to nod and smile at them before hiding again or going around the property without the enemies noticing. Then he wondered if he should start inventing traps so when they escape, no one would follow them but then...it would be difficult to help the city again if they left...Mrs. Jouda might even be in more danger too if the officers starts to suspect her.

The rebels, as much as they are some sort of hope for him and Kenren, really are silly with starting fires and not really help moving the fight to the big shots. The one who started this whole mess: Hakagami Akira. That coward, using his cousins to rule over Taisho's province all because he wants a better shot at ruling the entire country. Really though he blames the emperor for being so irresponsible in the first place. Who get fifty women pregnant and have just as many kids? What's wrong with him? Does he want this country to fall?

Every time Chenglei hears about another fight or beheading, he gets angrier and sadder for the ones who lost their family. At least they know where and how to grab that plan to escape with...

Until Kenren mentioned a new plan.

'What?! but wouldn't the Hakagami send more men over here and Akihara if we do that? What if the supporters here don't want to fight? Then again it would help the rebellion and they can distract the cousins here while we go for your uncle.' It's a good plan, but it's still crazy-! 'Sure, I'll trust your plan. It might even help with scaring his men away if they believe that, but what then what will happen if they don't believe it's your plan or that you're a Taisho? I know there's pictures of you and your mother but still.' He doubts people without that information will realize Kenren' true identitiy. He sighed again before looking up with a determined frown.

'Alright. Let's do that instead. I'm sure with this much racket happening here, it'll motivate the rebels and they'll be listening to your orders after capturing them the officers and the lands.

Chenglei was grateful and thankful that his family is safe at the moment thanks to Kenren's friends watching over them.

'But what about Mr. Jouda? Wouldn't they try to chop his head off if someone tries something against the cousi-!' The blonde didn't mean to trip and land on Kenren, sitting on his stomach as he rubbed his forehead from hitting the well's wall. Mrs. Taisho went to visit Mrs. Jouda at the moment to grab more food.

When he realized what just happened and on whom he's sitting on, Chenglei's face turned red and covered his face shyly before writing on the prince's palm. 'Sorry! I didn't mean to trip.'

Zer0 Zer0

- A Day Out -
" James Pendragon "

James nuzzled back. Times like this, it's so hard not to kiss Lydia, the affection in her words makes him pleasantly mushy inside all the time. "It's a date then." he smiled, rubbing foreheads. "I feel like we're cats." he chuckled.

He felt happy getting lots of her hugs and snuggles today. And as he went off to have the pictures developed, in disguise, her words, "Oh, James... you are just so sweet.", "you were like a bodyguard how you were keeping anyone from touching me", "I would love to have dinner with you." kept echoing in his head, and he strutted the streets feeling like he is THE man!

He sighed as he waited for a pawnshop owner to give him his gold for some trinkets from the ogre cave and Farthing Plains tower that he sold. One thing he liked about Lydia was that she never gave compliments except when she meant it wholeheartedly. It got him to thinking of doing it too. Usually, he called her beautiful to flirt with her, comparing that to her genuine words, genuine felt nicer. "Yeah, I'll do that." he muttered to himself, rapping his knuckles on the counter.

He waited for Callie to come back to that spot where he left her. The maori splashed around happily when she saw him with a bag of those jellyfruit marshmallows and spent the time waiting for the photos tossing mallows as far as he could and watching her leap up and catch them. He had to run away though because some people saw through his disguise and started a ruckus.

It's too bad those fans made Lydia have enough of Chingpo. The city at night was beautiful with its many water bridges, and hanging gardens. He was amazed when the underwater settlements began lighting up their lamps, it was like looking at a neon aquarium from above. He went back to that stall and bought an Echo, Johnny, Serena, and Renee figurine as funny presents for them, and looked around for a souvenir Lydia might like. He decided to buy her some anti-allergy potions so that if she ever wanted to hug and play with Meatballs she could without worrying about it.

Later that night after he bathed, dressed in his usual robes, then had a humorous time giving Echo, Johnny, Serena, and Renee their figurine presents, he strode down the hallway to the atelier and was surprised to see Lydia dressed up and holding a blue blindfold.

He smiled at her, very curious as to what she was planning and bent to let her blindfold him. Thoughts swirled in his head, and as he held her hand and followed, he kept chuckling, "Where are you taking me?"

At the sound of the string and flute, his bewildered grin became an astounded smile.

He was so surprised when the blindfold came off. He looked very happy. It may be a simple gesture for those watching, but this was Lydia who wasn't the type to do something like this. He felt how much she really liked him, and it meant a whole lot that she liked him thisss much.

He stepped up, spreading his arms open wide then tightly wrapped them around her, chuckling. "It's more than okay, I feel so happy, no one's ever done this for me before." Now he really wants to kiss her.

James warmly gazed into Lydia's eyes as he caressed her cheeks, fondly. Gently, he pressed the flat of his fingers on her lips, then with a twinkle in his eyes, kissed behind them.

- First Impressions -
" Kenren Taisho "

"It's . . . alright." whispered Kenren, underneath him. He looked surprised at Chenglei's groin inches away from his nose then up at his red, shy face. He blushed. The hand he wrote on, held Chenglei's own gently. "It's amazing how your presence just makes me forget what we were talking about." he said, still looking at him. He was gazing longer than usual again. "Chenglei, you said we can hug," he placed Chenglei's hand on his chest, while both his own held his waist close as he sat up, "can we hug like this?"

He was straddling Kenren's waist, sitting on his lap. The prince's head was just level with his chest. Kenren was looking hopefully up at him, and shifted slightly so that the prince was leaning on the stone wall of the well.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
-First Impressions-
-Chenglei Zhou-

"I-I didn't mean tuh-" he whispered back.

When the prince moved him a bit while holding his hand to his chest, Chenglei peeked through his fingers; his already red face going into a brighter hue when he realized the position they're in now.

And Kenren looks so hopeful right now...

The blonde nodded before gulping. "O-okay. Yes, I mean. We can hug lik' dis." He whispered, loosly wrapping an arm around. Then he fidgeted a bit before sighing and smiling shyly at Kenren.

"Um...comfortable? Imma nuh hurtin' ya or anythin'?" He whispered as he kept an eye in the small tunnel in case his mother is coming back.

Zer0 Zer0

- First Impressions -
" Kenren Taisho "

"It feels nice." whispered Kenren, pulling Chenglei's bottom closer. His arms encircled his back and his head nuzzled into his chest, breathing his scent. "It doesn't hurt, but I feel strange." His heart was beating fast as his hands wandered, gliding smoothly over Chenglei's back, shoulders, then neck. Kenren hugged him tight and bit gently into his shoulder.

Katsuya Katsuya

-First Impressions-
-Chenglei Zhou-

"St-strange? How?" Chenglei asked quietly, feeling his heart beating under his hand before wrapping his arms around his shoulders. Nuzzling Kenren's head, he sniffed his hair and kissed his forehead. His own heart beating hard as he sighed, breathe leaving him when the prince hugged him tighter. He let out a quiet yelp when he felt Kenren biting his shoulder, flinching in surprise. His somewhat dazed eyes looked at the prince and kissed his ear, breathing a bit slower then usual.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
-A Day Out-
The whole time she carefully led him by his hand to the garden, she would only answer his questions with, 'it's a surprise,' or 'you'll see.' James could tell she was obviously nervous by the slight quiver in her voice and the subtle tremble of her hands as they held his, making sure he didn't trip or misstep and leading him to their destination without any incident. While she was still nervous as she removed the blindfold from his eyes, that nervousness soon turned to delight as she saw James' expression and felt his embrace, returning his hug enthusiastically, "really?!" she looked up to him in surprise, but her green eyes were large and happy, "I'm so glad!" She said this both because she was glad he was happy, and also because she was glad that she was the first to do it.

Her cheeks plumped as she smiled when James caressed them, blinking in slight confusion as he put his fingers to her lips, and her eyes widened as he kissed the other side. It wasn't hard to guess that he placed them there to provide a sort of blockade between his lips and hers, but it also gave her the idea that he did really want to kiss her but was remaining honorable and that made her heart melt. Despite wishing that his fingers hadn't been in the way of his lips, she hid her disappointment easily enough, though it wasn't with really any effort on her part since she felt such a flurry of happiness at the gesture that she basically lunged against him again, holding him tightly before releasing him again after a few moments, giggling jubilantly and tugging him through the entrance of the pagoda which had been left open to allow for air circulation.

"I-I just wanted to... um... thank you for..." she huffed slightly as she moved to one of the two chairs placed at the table in the little makeshift dining room, her cheeks still flushed a pretty pink. It was difficult for her to put into words her exact reasoning for the gesture since it was very unlike her to do something like this, she was new to dating but she did understand the importance of showing appreciation and she wanted James to know that she appreciated him. Her gaze had drifted to the spread over the table and she nervously rubbed her collarbone where it lay beneath the black fabric of her sleeveless shirt before her hand shifted to her shoulder and then her upper arm, "for... um... being you," she breathed the last part of her sentence out in a sigh, a resolute smile forming on her features as her green eyes turned back towards him, sparkling slightly in the gentle light of the pagoda.

There wasn't any one thing she wanted to thank him for and only thanking him for one thing seemed - to her - to diminish every other wonderful thing he did that made him who he was and made her happy to be with him.

Zer0 Zer0

-Third Meeting-

The prospect of seeing the Sky Whales had left Lydia practically consumed by excitement. She had been able to focus on her apprenticeship despite knowing about what the journey of the flying castle meant because it had been an event that wasn’t in the very near future. Now that it was upon them, she developed sort of a crazed laser focus on whatever tasks Master Howl assigned her just so she would be sure to finish with an adequate amount of time to begin her own look out for the whales. Of course it seemed that she wasn’t the only one to be excited by the event, but for her, it was particularly special. She had only seen small drawings of their likeness in her books, not even any photographs and knowing that such things existed, made her wonder why she had never come across a book with any.

As soon as Master Howl let her, she immediately began watching the sky, she eventually had to just lay down because her neck started to hurt from looking up, so when James burst onto the grassy courtyard, she sat up abruptly in surprise. A little bit of amused laughter trickled from her as she pointed at the sky and the whales that were travelling past before she lay back down on the grass.

Zero Zero Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back