• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern { Modern / Slice of Life / Drama / Romance / M&F }

Urrh

I decided to make another listing because I realized just how crappy the one that I threw together was—and how it didn’t really spell things out clearly.

I’m in my late twenties, I have a pretty crazy job and am about to start school, I’m engaged, and I have a toddler. My time zone is EST, I will always send at least one reply a day (preferably more), but please keep in mind I work a minimum of 13 hours a day at least three days out of the week.

Now, let’s cut to the chase:
  • I prefer playing a heterosexual male character as my main. I can play side characters of any gender or orientation.
  • I use real play-bys.
  • I do prefer posting character sheets before we delve into our role play.
  • It’s absolutely not a problem for me to start, it doesn’t bother me at all.
  • I prefer that you’re literate, or at least pretty well semi-literate.
  • I can role play either over messages here or I also have Discord.
What am I looking for?
Modern, slice of life, realistic

The below role plays are just so examples of things that I’ll do that I have plots for:
  • Bodyguard/celebrity
  • Bride to be/brother of groom
  • Single parent/nanny
  • Dysfunctional relationship/marriage
  • Famous/average
  • Ghost/human
Like I said, these are just examples. I’m down to discuss details, plots, or any ideas that you might have. Having a craving? Throw it out at me, maybe I’ll be interested.

With that all covered, feel free to send me a message. I would love to talk with you.

Lionel Richie Hello GIF

Posting a few of my plots in case it draws some more people in:

The groom is a successful businessman. He comes from a family with a lineage of careers in business, his own father well known on Wall Street. His brother is the black sheep of the family. Cast aside when he refused to follow in the footsteps of his father, despite being the first born son, he’d gone on to live a rather blue collar life. He’s essentially barred from the family, unwelcome and never invited to functions or holidays. The groom seems to have it all: a beautiful fiancée, a lofty penthouse, a lucrative career. Behind closed doors, it’s another story. The groom is all about money and the finer things in life. He’s not a thoughtful person, rather selfish and callous. He has a drinking problem and often neglects any other priority in his life that isn’t work. On his fiancee’s birthday, he’s “stuck in St. Louis” on a business trip. He goes with the only thing he can think of: call up his big brother and beg him to take his fiancée out.

She’s the newest big thing in Hollywood. Thrust into the limelight, the young celebrity is enjoying the fame. Her career has exploded and she’s found herself with more money and more attention than she could imagine. It all seems great until she has a run-in with an overzealous fan in public, grabbing at her. She brushes the incident off before there’s an attempted break-in at her Hollywood Hills home... then she starts to receive cryptic messages. Her agent contacts the police, frightened for the young woman, before pressing the woman to hire a bodyguard. The celebrity isn’t thrilled about it. She has an independent streak and tries to act unbothered by the occurrences. Honestly, she’s scared to lose her independence. Her agent won’t budge and soon hires a guard. The two butt heads tremendously—he’s very uptight and nearly emotionless, something that drives her crazy.

They’d grown up together. Two kids from a poor neighborhood, growing up in the same housing project. They’d share their measly meals, to quell rumbling stomachs, and the boy would protect the little girl from any bullies on the playground. It was them against the world. Nothing could stop them. Graduating from high school, they’d gotten a tiny apartment together. It wasn’t much but it was theirs. Their relationship remained platonic, though there may have been an innocent crush brewing with the boy. They were working hard to try to have better lives. A big argument happens between the two of them... we can decide about what at a later time. They part ways and days turn into years. About ten years later, one of them is living a very average life while the other has burst onto the big screens as an actor/actress. The star is in attendance of a wrap party for their newest movie when they just so happen to run into a familiar face.

They were the idyllic two—a power couple amongst their friends—a little over half a year married. They both work good, upstanding jobs. They’d just purchased their first home together. They were talking about maybe starting a family the following year. One day, a knock comes at the door while the man is at work. It’s two policemen with their caps off, bearing bad news. He’s been killed. Like that, the wife begins to spiral out of control. She shuts herself away from the comfort of friends and family, laying in bed for days, and drinking more than her body can handle. She’s killing herself and, in her eyes, joining him is the only thing that makes sense... until one night, in her drunken haze, she’s woken by an ice cold hand and her dead husband standing over her.

I don't know if you're still looking, but I really like the bodyguard/starlet & bride/brother of the groom plots!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back