• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Modern Pathfinder: Sun, Hero, and Citadel

Meredith

of Fiendish Intent
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Windy City Skyline at Night.jpg sunheroandcitadel.png
Citadel has always been a rough place.

It started in the 1600s. The capital was a mess of violence and organized crime. At that point, you could rob a bank, and as long as you weren’t there when the police arrived – well, you were off scot-free. Over time, two major organizations were funded, one public and one secret.
One claimed to serve Citadel’s people, while the other did the dirty work to keep it stable. Not much of that has changed today. The citadel still stands.

The year is 2118. The world has faced one calamity after another over the last hundred and twelve years. A third world war. The emergence of mutated children. Global warming. Resources are scarce, and truth be told, nobody wants to be on this planet anymore.

The leaders of the mega-corporations have all jumped ship to Mars. Politicians, too, have abandoned their alleged duty to the people in favor of life in a place where plants will actually grow. On Earth, most foods are highly synthesized, made of soy, or suspiciously bland meat products that result when you feed low-grade fake food to livestock.

If you had money, you wouldn’t be here, but none of you are billionaires. The mega-corps hold all of the power in this new world. As the government dispersed, so did regulation, and most neighborhoods fell to disrepair. The city is divided into districts, and they take care of their own to the best of their ability. Work is scarce due to a high level of automation.

Most of the citizens of your district – Renton – spend their days in the Gypsy Sage Emporium, a bar with a fancy name for a marginally less-so clientele. It’s commonly called the Gypsy.

The scent of stale bourbon and soykaf hits you like a wall as you walk in the door. Tired hands raise to greet you, but nobody approaches, instead resuming their earlier conversation. The bartender – a young woman who might be beautiful in different circumstances – is slow on the draw. The world has went to hell.
But hey, at least you could get cybernetics, if you could afford them.

GAME INFORMATION
This is a fully DMed low-dice pathfinder game. You will not roll for everything – mostly combat, if I’m honest, although occasionally you may be asked to roll dice otherwise. Think Shadowrun, in a different setting with modern pathfinder rules, and you’re getting pretty close to what’s going on here. I am willing to teach new players.

We’re using the
hero base class with whatever archetype floats your boat.

I expect three substantial posts a week – two if they’re both collaborations – if possible. Inability to post regularly will result in removal from the game.

I’m wanting 4-6 players to start. I may reopen at a later time.

Link to main game.

It is. Character sheets are in by today, first GM post tomorrow, but I can give a few days' grace. Join the discord!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back