• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Modern or Historical Drama | Looking for long-term partners

GreyZone

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi there! I'm looking to find some long-term partners in either modern or historical settings. I would love any slice-of-life/general RP that focuses on drama, romance, relationships, multi-generational families, and twisty stories.

All of my experience is with realistic settings. I'm not opposed to small fantasy elements (think Ella Enchanted or Peter Pan) but would prefer realism. I enjoy dark stories (I love anything by Gillian Flynn). I am not scared of/triggered by much and like moderate spice. Please feel free to PM me to discuss specifics as needed.

I'm generally open to any historical time period, or modern. I'm most familiar with American and European history. Some examples would be pioneer/frontier, Medieval, Tudor-era, anything royalty/monarch, anything Russian, WWII, Victorian, etc. I've also enjoyed multi-generational RPs spanning different decades. I'm not a huge stickler for historical accuracy as long as things make sense.

And here is a bit more about me and my style:
  • Romance is important to me. My first preference is MxF. I'm open to FxF. I'm a woman myself, and I'm not super comfortable with writing MxM.
  • I love slice-of-life details. I'm stronger with characters than plot, but I do work hard to "scheme" and keep the story interesting and surprising.
  • I'm on EST. I work remotely 10am-6pm M-F. My husband has to be gone coaching in the evenings and on Saturdays during winter, so I'm home alone often. When I'm sucked into an RP, I will often respond multiple times a day, quickly. My life is in a major state of transition right now but I imagine I can post often. I will of course be understanding of your personal life.
  • I lean toward multi-paragraph responses. I personally enjoy having multiple storylines going at once, but of course, that takes time to develop.
  • I love sprawling casts of characters and enjoy playing many at one time.
  • My first choice is always third person, past tense. But I am flexible.
  • I first started RPing ten years ago. I'm an old pro at this point. I also write novels and work in the publishing industry. I don't expect either of us to be perfect, but I do enjoy partners who put in effort and enjoy crafting a good story.
  • I've developed strong, years-long friendships out of RPing. While my favorite partners have had to move on, I love to find more people where we can enjoy writing together as well as a personal friendship with time.
If you have any questions or would like to get something started, please reply here or PM me! I'm looking forward to it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back