Idea Modern Meets Fantasy

Bronco

I pull levers
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Greetings folks, I'm coming at y'all with an idea of mine that's been in the works for awhile. The beginning may sound familiar to some: portals to a fantasy realm open up around our modern world. These portals then inspire the creation of an international organization, meant to explore and contain what is within until it has a firm understanding of what exactly is being dealt with. Upon further investigation, this organization finds that the realm has just finished a massive war. It was at the conclusion of this conflict that the victorious alliance (The Conglomerate) was left in a shaky alliance and the defeated alliance (The Northern Sect) have been left with their remaining armies scattered. It was a great cataclysm that destroyed the Sect's offensive army, and also may have been responsible for the opening of the portals back on Earth. What exactly caused this disaster is unclear, but rumors range from a secret conglomerate strike to the existence of a dark sorcerer. Now I have the two alliances mostly worked out, with the Conglomerate being done and the Sect nearly finished. I'm confident I can work out the Earth faction fairly easily. What I need YOUR help with, is coming up with some kind of plot. Here are some hot points that I definitely want to include in the story of this rp.

Conglomerate Faction Doc: Google Docs - create and edit documents online, for free.
Northern Sect Faction Doc: Google Docs - create and edit documents online, for free.

- The sorcerer is real, he caused the cataclysm that destroyed the offensive armies of the Sect. I don't know if I should make it intentional though as he was allied with the Sect.
- I'm thinking of having the sorcerer be affiliated with another modern faction from earth, like a rival organization that is not known about and is pulling the strings. What are your thoughts?
- The sorcerer in this rp would have vanished after opening the portals to earth and destroying the Sect's army, though I don't want him to have simply gone to earth. Should he have been killed outright? Should he emerge again with some kind of rebirth? Or should he have never existed, and been a front for this shady earth organization working against our characters?

I'll take any ideas I can get, as I really don't want to waste a world like this.

Hi Bronco Bronco

I would strongly recommend you to post all the information from Google docs here on the forums. As currently the links lead off the site and require logging in to view them. You'd get more feedback that way as more people would be able to read them ^_^

The premise seems interesting!

Onmyoji Onmyoji , thanks for the suggestion. That’s gonna be a project all on its own 😂! Just out of curiosity, did you get a chance to take a look at the factions?

No because it required login to view and I forgot my google password XD
This is also why I suggested to host info here or make it available to view without login at least. I can't be the only one lol

You can also embed Google docs using BBC Code too. Just as an FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back