• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Doctor Llamabean

*winks at Markus*
angars-runes-personal-use-only.regular.png
17f31ca0c77721298e4e9e9e6a320146.jpg
________________________________________________________________________​
Welcome to New Oasis, America's largest and most populated concrete jungle--a massive metropolis of vast diversity and culture!

The city is made up of five districts, four of which are subject to the reign of organized gangs whose members are that of the 84% of humans born with supernatural abilities called Jinxes!

Each of the four gangs share a common goal against each other, and that is to earn their district the title of King District. They compete in rivalry, engaging in organized brawls and competitions while also upholding the peace within their own respective districts, much to the annoyance of official authorities.

The five districts and their individual characteristics are:

The North District is home to the Albino Tigers and the closest to earning the title of King District for their famed intelligence and their endless wealth, but most of all for their supremacy in brawls and competition against the other gangs. The North District is the richest among all of the others. It is a clean and heavily populated environment, as well as property to some of the most renowned business headquarters in America. The North's Albino Tigers directly disassociate themselves with their strongest rivals, the Sable Serpents, and their base of operations is a double-gated mansion equipped with a gym, swimming pool, and a backyard dappled with different obstacles for members to train during their free time.

8ec1243d2b6b53b006f9d79cfc31ad14.jpg
The East District, home to the Sapphire Dragons, is a peaceful place of humble men and women, and a culturally prominent zone--the most diverse of the four major districts. Buildings range from religious temples to lofty apartment towers and small neighborhoods with plenty of seclusion and nature to go around. Compared to the busyness of the North, the East is something out of a fantastical story-book and has the lowest crime rate in the entire city. Their base of operations is a large, two-story temple surrounded almost entirely by a well-kempt sand garden and beautiful flora for a more aesthetic touch. The Sapphire Dragons are the last in the running for the title of King District for the lack of interest in the competition. They prioritize the peace and safety of the people over lousy competitions; however, some of the members still partake with permission.

The South District, a crime-ridden and lawless area, is the district belonging of the Sable Serpents--a ruthless and careless bunch, many of which won't hesitate to cheat their way to victory. Of course, this type of behavior is subjective to the individual--however, you earn the label of those whom you associate yourself with. The Sable Serpents dabble in more than just protecting the peace--in fact, that is their last priority. They are aggressive and extremely territorial, and they're always looking for a reason to fight. The South District is cluttered, unorganized, and filthy--and probably the most neglected zone out of all the others. Their base of operations is a small carnival park that was abandoned after a tragic mechanical failure resulted in three deaths in one day.

2080ccc85508e378c9dd0de183d34432.jpg
Finally, the West District--previously named the King District until a small tsunami wiped it to near nothingness one year ago--is home to the Ruby Revenants, and loyalty is their middle name. Once a bustling and festive part of the city, the West is now barren and under construction. Many of the homes have been rebuilt, but recreation is no longer their pride. The Revenants are rowdy and friendly, but they are not to be mistaken as weak despite their crippled numbers compared to the other gangs. They've lost the most when they had the most, and they'll do anything to protect their pride--anything to prove themselves. Their base of operations is an abandoned construction site due to a lack of funding.

Lastly is the Central District. The Central District belongs to no specific gang, and is considered neutral ground, as it is the location of all city events--such as festivals and holiday expressions. There are no residents of the Central District. It is strictly a place of recreation: restaurants, shopping malls, zoos, theme parks, and much more.

Moving onto Jinxes! Jinxes are basically the same thing as Quirks from the anime My Hero Academia. Every character should have their own unique Jinx--meaning no one should have the same Jinx. A character's Jinx must also be based around a specific fundamental that they build on to become stronger. They cannot have more than one Jinx, nor can they be extremely overpowered.

For example, a character with super-strength cannot have super-speed; however, they would be equipped with more speed than the average person due to their strength. Also, a person that controls and creates fire would be different from a character that can combust into flames but not control the flames. There are many loopholes and creative ways around the "No Duplicate" rule! If you're confused or unsure, that is why I am here!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​
Next up is the plot of the story!

There are four gangs that reign over the four major districts of New Oasis City. For many years they have competed against each other in organized brawls and competitions to see who is worthy of the King's title. Very rarely have things gotten out of hand until just a month ago, members of the gangs started to turn up missing and/or dead. At each of the crime scenes, there was evidence of foul play from other gangs--which has ultimately turned them all into enemies once again.

However, what the gangs don't know is that this is the secret work of undercover cops--ordered by the Mayor to put an end to the gangs' influences over their respective districts. Members of the authorities have disguised themselves as gang-members, and have attacked or killed rivaling members of the gang specific to their disguises.

The gangs will eventually form alliances with each other, first two to two, then all four together as the truth is slowly revealed. This is a highly action-packed Role-play!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​
Here are some rules that I would appreciate you to read!

1. No ERP--however, there will be mature topics within the story. If things get too specific, please FADE TO BLACK. I will not stand for sexual roleplay, but I can respect it to a certain degree for the sake of relationships in the story.

2. Post once a week for all of your active characters. If you cannot handle that, you should either drop the roleplay or set some of your characters temporarily aside--whichever ones are not relative to a given scene. With that being said, there is no limit to how many characters you have--but the rule is that you do not make a character for the same gang until you've filled a role in each gang. For example, if I have a character for the Albino Tigers and the Sable Serpents, and I want to make another... that character must go to either the Ruby Revenants or the Sapphire Dragons to keep things even.

3. If you ghost, you will be removed from the RP. I give three warning--the fourth is termination. I am looking for dedicated writers!

4. You must join the Discord to participate in this story.

5. No one-liners. I would appreciate it if everyone could include up to two paragraphs in their posts unless engaged in small-scene conversation.

6. This RP will have frequent time-skips, so when I post what I call a WRAP-UP WARNING, it means that we are about to skip to another scene in order to keep the story moving because I don't like when it sits too still. A WRAP-UP WARNING will sit for 48 hours before we automatically skip to another designated point in time. If you have not wrapped up your scene, you will be left to discuss it with whoever was involved in the Discord server!

Once you have created your character, I will PM you with a link to the Discord server. This means that you have been officially accepted!

Please read everything if you are looking to join this RP. It isn't much to ask on a writing site.
We're in most need of the remaining "Elder" roles to be filled!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back