• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Moderator Approval

JesseMarshall

Crystal Gem
Hey, all!

Quick question cause I'm super new here and all, but how long do I have to get my posts approved by a moderator? Like, my first post I totally get! Spam's a huge problem on forum sites, and I hate it too, but I figured they get the first one done, whitelist me, and let me go on my merry way. Not the case, and I'm honestly not put off by it too much, but is there a time-limit on these things before they're like, "Meh, he's been here. Let 'em through"?

Here is just a compilation of stuff I got from the FAQ:
Why can’t I send a PM?
New users must have at least 1 post, be at least 15 minutes old, and have set an account avatar before being granted permission to send PMs - known as Conversations - to other site members. Note that not all areas of the site are included in this count. You can read more here.

If you meet these requirements and still do not have access to the features, you may just have to wait a small bit longer for the server to catch up as it does 15 minute increments rather than by your account age.
Why can I not create a profile post?
Members must have at least 1 post and be 15 minutes old with an avatar before gaining access to the ability to create profile posts.
I can't send a message because it keeps telling me it's spam, why is this happening?
Until new members reach a certain amount of posts they have their content strictly monitored for specific words, phrases, and other factors. If you are trying to send a PM and get this message about spam, there is something within it triggering the filter. If you are posting something on the forums, the Staff will have to manually review it before approving or declining it.
My post says it is waiting for moderator approval, what does that mean?
New members have their content go through a filter which puts it into a moderation queue. A Staff member has to manually review any posts flagged by this system - which can happen due to certain keywords, phrases, or spambot behaviors. As this is a manual process it can take time for content in the queue to be reviewed.

Hopefully this helps. Basically, it's whenever they get to it. A lot of new people come here mostly every day and your post is probably in a queue. They'll get to it when they can. :)

Right! I read that too, but my question is more like, when will I stop being put in this queue in general? Is there a time frame before I escape the title of untrusted new member? Lol

There is no time frame. The time frame is dependent on whenever the mods get to it. I mean, technically there is an arbitrary time frame so that new members can get accepted in at a reasonable time, but there really is no time frame.

They may have changed it since then, but the threshold for not getting tagged by the filter anymore was ten posts. Forum games don't count, if I recall correctly. The easiest way to hit that post count is to just mess around in the discussion sections of the forums for a while; that's how I got mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back