• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Moderation for RP Partner Search Threads.

Sazzy260

So, I noticed on the actual physical roleplay threads (Roleplays) located here; the person who owns the thread can moderate the thread. Whether that is to edit another person's post or delete it completely from view. I personally find that to be an amazing feature - however... I find that it should be a feature that is also supported in these two categories as well (Looking for Players).​
The reason for that? Simple. Some people prefer to post prompts or other things on their search threads, that they otherwise want broken up from their main thread (I do, personally) and I would like to be able to delete older posts that others have made (the ones not by me) so that it does not get extremely cluttered and confusing. It's just a simple suggestion, really. . . If it is taken into consideration, I would really appreciate it. If it is actually done I would love you all forever!!​
---​
Also I have one more side-suggestion, and I'm not even sure it can be done, but can someone *please* remove the "You need to have at least one tag before posting" thing? I don't understand *why* there has to be a tag for everything... It's kind of annoying to have to figure out what should be tagged...​

I believe Threadmarks can accomplish the same goal without the need to delete other people's posts.

As for the tags, I agree it's a little bit annoying. I know why they do it though, it's so people can search for similar things that're more specific than "Fandom" "Fantasy" etc.. So tagging posts with what you can is actually helpful for other people who use that feature

I believe Threadmarks can accomplish the same goal without the need to delete other people's posts.

As for the tags, I agree it's a little bit annoying. I know why they do it though, it's so people can search for similar things that're more specific than "Fandom" "Fantasy" etc.. So tagging posts with what you can is actually helpful for other people who use that feature

So I tested the threadmark button and all it does is add tags (kind of like a prefix) to the person's post -- So, if I threadmarked my prompt list as "PROMPTS" it would show up in a green box at the top of the page -- doesn't delete the posts though

So I tested the threadmark button and all it does is add tags (kind of like a prefix) to the person's post -- So, if I threadmarked my prompt list as "PROMPTS" it would show up in a green box at the top of the page -- doesn't delete the posts though
It does give a simple and easy way to access the posts without diving through all the clutter though, which is what you wanted, right?

It does give a simple and easy way to access the posts without diving through all the clutter though, which is what you wanted, right?

Nope. I wanted to be able to moderate (get rid of) others posts so that once I have already messaged them (whether we're going to RP or not) I can just get rid of them to reduce the clutter on the page itself...

Nope. I wanted to be able to moderate (get rid of) others posts so that once I have already messaged them (whether we're going to RP or not) I can just get rid of them to reduce the clutter on the page itself...
Ahhh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It will only work in your own search thread in Looking for players subforum. In other threads you can't delete your posts.

In addition to this, can we have this ability (deleting) on other forum areas, for example the bbcode center? I wanna clean up my bbcode thread without having to make a whole new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back