• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mocks- War Enactment With A Twist

Irredeemable

One Time Luck
3YM8z.jpg

FORWARD MARCH!

As he shouted the order, bugles blared out across the battlefield. Gunsmoke hung heavy in the air, and the sounds of battle- the screams, steel on steel, the stomp of feet... All of it was here. Suddenly however, the fighting stopped. Both sides relaxed, one whooping, the other dejected.

"Well done man. I thought I was the king of Napoleonic battles."
"You did almost beat me. Your cavalry though... Might want some more heavy cav, because you're not a skirmish army..."

The two men, both wearing very modern clothing, watched as the soldiers set about cleaning up. Weapons were neatly piled in bundles on chugging trucks and packed away, Uniforms were taken off and replaced with t-shirts and jeans. Captains removed their badges and stripes and hopped in the cabs of vans.

"Whelp, congrats. Top of the leaderboard now."

-​

Welcome to Mocks- a game set 20 minutes into the future, where people six inches tall play out military conflicts. Designed by Hasbro as an 'advanced' form of Sea Monkeys, it was quickly found that these 'Mock Humans' were far more intelligent than anything before. Two decades later, and you could pop to your local games shop to by a three hundred pack of soldiers, along with weapons and armour to kit them out as anything from Sturmtroopers in the trenches to Roman legionaries, and everything in between.

Obviously, something like this couldn't stay entertainment for long. Competitions quickly arose, and from those competitions, tournaments and leagues. With the advancement of 3D printing technology, anyone could build new and exciting equipment for their little guys, from miniature Apache helicopters to magnetic 'anti gravity' tanks, and everything in between. Recognising this, Mocks have become ever more diverse, and are no longer restricted to humans! If you want to reenact the Eewoks' fight against the Empire to see who would win, now you can! (Don't know why you'd want to though.)

You take the role of a Mocks Commander- known as a 'Quartermaster' when not referring to the armies the fake-humans are in. You buy new soldiers, design and buy new gear, even tinker with 'alien' lifeforms, then watch as they participate in the only bloodsport that the UN doesn't hate.

This won't be a typical nation RP. Instead of a nation, one designs their own army. Period battles can be carried out, or you can go bleeding edge, and have stealthsuit-wearing space elves fire homing rocket launchers at angels in floating Panzer IVs.

Is anyone interested?​

It's creative, I'll give you that. But the creativity you allow the players, and the power, it's simply too much in my opinion.

I assume we'll all have somewhat limited (probably even identical) resources as 'commanders' to build our armies with, but yet, armies could be ridiculously different, to the point where it might be impossible to balance them, similar resources or not.

A possible solution might be we start out with similar technology, but then when we can progress it in different ways. So at first we can all start out with, say, muskets, and nothing else really, but then go from there down separate paths, with these separate paths merging occasionally after a while so we're all on the same footing again. And we start over from there.

It's creative, I'll give you that. But the creativity you allow the players, and the power, it's simply too much in my opinion.

I assume we'll all have somewhat limited (probably even identical) resources as 'commanders' to build our armies with, but yet, armies could be ridiculously different, to the point where it might be impossible to balance them, similar resources or not.
Really, the idea is that the players agree on a tech level for the competition. Then, the armies are based off of that, rather than anything else, to prevent massive unbalance.

A possible solution might be we start out with similar technology, but then when we can progress it in different ways. So at first we can all start out with, say, muskets, and nothing else really, but then go from there down separate paths, with these separate paths merging occasionally after a while so we're all on the same footing again. And we start over from there.

That could work, but would also lead to issues where all the armies are the exact same except for appearances, which I personally want to avoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back