• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ♡ Mocca's 1x1 search

mocca

Hello, I’m Mocca. Thank you for clicking on my search thread! I’m a mentally fatigued 20 year old student and I use she/her pronouns. Before we delve into the plots, I’d like to lay out what you can expect from me as a writing partner, and what I’d like to ask from you in return.

• As an adult, I’d like to ask that you are 18 years or older before messaging me. This is not because I undervalue the writing of anyone younger, who I am often out-written and out-witted by, but rather for the sake of my own comfort. Please respect this.
  • I am unable to post once a day, more likely it’ll be once or twice a week. I don’t ask for any particular frequency in return - lives can be very hectic things to keep! If you are going to be inactive for a while but you don’t plan on dropping the roleplay, do let me know, and I will happily wait.
  • My posts never fall below two paragraphs and rarely go above five. I do not mind the lengths of your posts, but please give me something to work with. That is, no one or two-liners. The exception to this is in dialogue heavy scenes, where'd I'd rather you didn't strain yourself to meet an agonizing wordcount.
  • While I tend to (mostly) favor writing female characters for leads, I do not mind what my partner writes.
  • I adore romantic plots, however, I find that there needs to be more to the story beyond this element to maintain my interest. I am also open to all pairings.
  • Which leads me onto plotting. I would love for you to also contribute your ideas to the story and worldbuilding, help to drive the plot forward, and collaborate with me! This should never be a one-sided ordeal.
  • I strongly dislike using real face-claims for characters, but beyond this I do not care. Illustrations of any style, or only written descriptions are both fine by me. If you have a preference, I will gladly follow suit.

Now, for plots. This section will be updated with some more robustly planned plots, but for now, there are a couple of settings that I’ve been toying with. Please feel free to suggest any pairings or ideas you may have!

Firstly, 19th century or earlier Europe. This would be along the lines of historical fiction, fantasy, occultism, adventure, horror, monarchies, mercenaries and vampires. The general fantasy fodder, but with the potential for darker undertones. For pairings, I’m interested in Demon x Summoner plots, Adventurer x Adventurer, Monster hunter x Hunted, Witch/Wizard x Familiar, Resurrected x Occultist, Royal x Advisor, or some other type employed by the castle. Or, if you have a character loosely based in this setting that you'd like to write for, let me know, and perhaps we can figure something involving them.

Another setting I've been interested in is sci-fi. Think: cyberpunk dystopias, political corruption, cybernetics and androids, seedy underbellies, surveillance states, mecha, crime syndicates, alternative history. Though not my intention, I am entirely suggesting that we flagrantly rip-off Blade Runner’s whole thing. I think this setting could open interesting pairings in the Sherif x Outlaw trope. One character could be a compliant worker serving under a corrupt governmental body, and the other a morally gray but ultimately well intentioned rebel. Alternatively, one character works within law enforcement, and the other in crime. I’d also be open to adding any kind of monster or alien fightin’ action, too.

If any of this interests you, please message me! I look forward to hearing from you.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back