• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ᵖᵉᶜᵘˡⁱᵃʳ & ᵘⁿᶠᵒʳᵗᵘⁿᵃᵗᵉ {mobile friendly update}

_em_

hufflepuff
characters
about
story
  • scroll 🡣

Born on a dreary April 10th, Amelia Marie Lynn came into the world screaming alongside the best of them. On all accounts it was a normal birth {if you feel so inclined as to say her mother and father are ‘all’, that is}. Amy grew up living a normal golden childhood; being a bit slow on the uptake, and struggling to make friends as a result, caused her to grow a closer bond with her parents than most children, but that was the only particularly peculiar thing anyone could say about her life.

Until her sixteenth birthday.

Sixteen April tenth’s after her apparent ‘natural and very stereotypical’ birth, Amy was visited by a stranger {idk if they’re male or female yet}. Not in the middle of the night, as is how most creepy stranger meetings go, but in the middle of the day while she was home alone, waiting for her parents to return from work. The stranger had seemed nice enough when Amy opened the door and greeted them, but then they pushed their way inside like it wasn’t a big deal, talking to her about all sorts of crazy, magical happenings, and how ‘it was time’, and how Amelia really needed to come with them. Now, preferably.

Naturally, like any other thoroughly-creeped-out teenager would’ve done in her situation, she didn’t call the cops - oh, no - she teleported. The last thing Amy saw before she hit the ground was a town that was definitely not her own.

coded by weldherwings.
-->

story:

Born on a dreary April 10th, Amelia Marie Lynn came into the world screaming alongside the best of them. On all accounts it was a normal birth {if you feel so inclined as to say her mother and father are ‘all’, that is}. Amy grew up living a normal golden childhood; being a bit slow on the uptake, and struggling to make friends as a result, caused her to grow a closer bond with her parents than most children, but that was the only particularly peculiar thing anyone could say about her life.

Until her sixteenth birthday.

Sixteen April tenth’s after her apparent ‘natural and very stereotypical’ birth, Amy was visited by a stranger {idk if they’re male or female yet}. Not in the middle of the night, as is how most creepy stranger meetings go, but in the middle of the day while she was home alone, waiting for her parents to return from work. The stranger had seemed nice enough when Amy opened the door and greeted them, but then they pushed their way inside like it wasn’t a big deal, talking to her about all sorts of crazy, magical happenings, and how ‘it was time’, and how Amelia really needed to come with them. Now, preferably.

Naturally, like any other thoroughly-creeped-out teenager would’ve done in her situation, she didn’t call the cops - oh, no - she teleported. The last thing Amy saw before she hit the ground was a town that was definitely not her own.

about:

This is story is a 100% original universe with original characters, it’s set in modern times (no covid), and is really just bare bones. I was writing this story with a friend for a few months before they disappeared into the mist- if you’re reading this, I really miss you and hope you’re okay <3

The beginning of the story goes something like this, and is of course open to change: Amy teleports to the road outside of your characters house (no, she was not aware she had powers until this point as they were only now activated on her 16th birthday)- your character, being a big softie despite their checkered past, finds her and brings her inside to rest on their couch until she regains consciousness.

When your character attempts to drive Amy home the next day, the two of them find that her entire town has been burned to a crisp. Amy thinks this has something to do with her newfound powers- your character thinks this has something to do with their past as a professional hitman.

Obviously, this leads to Amy moving in with your character and a whole found family plot happening as they both try to navigate their respective trauma. Not to mention your character has an entire hidden panic room full of weapons from their hitman days, plus a couple of false wall panels around the house with various weapons hidden in them and several surveillance cameras on their property- and on top of that, it turns out Amy is apart of some ‘chosen one’ prophecy; she has new, barely controllable powers developing almost daily.

BUT ASIDE FROM STORY, I’m Em; a 23yo college student who spends too much money on horses and custom Wawa paninis. My pronouns are she/her, and I identify as an advanced literate writer. That said, I don’t have a maximum or minimum word limit I like to hit, and I don’t expect that from my partners. I just like us to write whatever feels best for the situation.

I am diversity friendly in all aspects and expect you to be the same. I’m ghost friendly (because lord knows I’ve done it). Preferably, you’d also love to plot and create characters almost more than you love the actual writing of the story part. Must be 18 plus and comfortable with dark and uncomfortable topics.

And in case it wasn’t obvious - THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN OUR CHARACTERS IS PLATONIC!!! WE’RE TALKING DISGRUNTLED PARENT WITH THE ADOPTED CHILD THEY DIDN’T ASK FOR!!!

If you’re interested, please dm me! I can’t wait to hear from you!

my character:

Amy’s your average sixteen year old going through that awkward teen stage; she doesn’t know who she is...she’s just existing. She does, however, completely believe that she’s a bonafide idiot - she’s seen people make ‘that face’ and use ‘that voice’ on her too many times in her day-to-day life to think anything else - and by all accounts, Amelia Marie Lynn is not a scholar. She is not book smart {her reading comprehension is horrible}, she can’t learn how to drive to save her life {there are too many things to remember, especially in extreme weather}, and her common sense is seemingly non-existent {she’s stuck a fork in a toaster to Get That Bread out one-too-many times}. It’s impossible to blame anyone for thinking Amy’s slow, because in truth, in some ways she is.

your character:

Your character can be any gender you want, any sexuality you want (altho i do prefer gay/bi with a super hot and muscular yet sweet crush that they totally get all stuttery around ;u; ), and any faceclaim given it’s realistic and can pass as a grown adult in their mid-30s to 40s. They have a long past from their job as a hitman that they recently retired from; whether it was cleanly or not is up to you. Either way, they have a hard exterior but soft and caring interior, complete with PTSD and trauma out the wazoo. My original partner for this had them living on the outskirts of a small desert town where they perfectly tended to their succulent garden and secretly took up knitting on the side ;u; Eventually, it will be revealed that your character is also apart of the ‘chosen one’ prophecy as Amy’s designated knight, but that will come with time. But seriously, the details are all up to you!

i was under the impression that this code was mobile friendly, which it wasn't - mobile friendly spoiler has been added!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back