• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other Mobile App Preview

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey All,

So its been a while since I've posted anything publicly on the site in regards to this topic. Over the past few days I've been randomly teasing the discord server with updates and pics, so its about time I made an official preview thread:

I only have an iOS device, so I can only show you pictures from the iOS version but rest assured that the android version is complete as well. Will work on android pictures later.

Here are some iOS pics:

Click pictures to enlarge.

Icon on my Phone:
2017-05-16 04.31.09.png

Login Screen:
2017-05-16 04.29.31.png

Profile View:
2017-05-16 04.24.19.png

Forum View:
2017-05-16 04.24.30.png

Threadlist view of Site Questions & Information:
2017-05-16 04.25.46.png

Threadview of a random thread in SQ&I:
2017-05-16 04.28.14.png

Example of a Push Notification on my Lock Screen because a user started a PM with me:
2017-05-16 04.36.19.png

I have no ETA but its coming along nicely and this one is not based on the tapatalk framework, its made from scratch for xF based sites like ours and being tailored for our needs. There are still some kinks to work out but it should within the next month or two most likely. So no pesky tapatalk security issues and the sort.

Looks so good! Been worth the wait and am willing to wait as long as needed to have access to this wonderful app.

Also, I'm in one of the screen shots. XD

I'm really excited for this! And I had been hoping for an app one day! It would actually be easier so I don't miss getting notifications and all that jazz. Also if we have the app can we use the emojis on the iPhone/iPad? Or not possible? :)

Absolutely repulsive. I can't understand why you'd use such a system.

iOS-bashing aside, the app looks great.

I'm really excited for this! And I had been hoping for an app one day! It would actually be easier so I don't miss getting notifications and all that jazz. Also if we have the app can we use the emojis on the iPhone/iPad? Or not possible? :)

You could but they wouldn't show.

Its not because of the app but because of the xF software not supporting the emoji standard in the database engine. However xF2 coming out sometime this year fixes that.

For example the company that creates and develops xenforo has a demo site of the -alpha- version of xF2 and here is something quick I found:

firefox_2017-05-16_04-50-21.png

As you can see that user used an emoji in the thread title and the thread tag. It also works in posts and stuff. I've spammed unicorns in my private test install of xF2. When that comes out and we are ready to update the board, emojis will come for all!

Here is a great site that showcases existing emojis, future emojis that might get into the unicode standard and how they all look by OS, Web Browser, Phone, etc. http://emojipedia.org/

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS BECOMING REALITY!!!
*praising The Dark Wizard intensifies*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back