• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MLP: Age of Exploration - The Grand Galloping Gala

Dreamweaver

One Thousand Club
Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
It was that time of the year again! Once ever year, the Grand Galloping Gala was held to commemorate the completion of Canterlot. It was a time that both Luna and Celestia took very seriously, due to them having been around during its construction all those millennia ago. And thankfully it was much less dry and boring now that they had kids who would inevitably get drunk and embarrass themselves! Luna lived to see her kids embarrassed.

But today's plans were something entirely different from a regular Gala.

All of the golden tickets had been handed out or sent by mail, and now all of the guests were arriving. Anypony who mattered would be there! Every year, 1000 tickets were sent out to royalty and nobles all across Equestria. It was a small enough gathering that things didn't get too crowded, but large enough that that things could still get hilarious.

A few unexpected ponies had been given tickets; Mud, Devotion, Valentine and Midnight. They were not royalty or really that well known at all, but their service to the Crown was recognized and rewarded. They were even given custom tailored dresses, should they want them!

Avedon Avedon
Valentine and Devotion were there too. For no other reason than because they were both adventurers under the Crown, and Luna considered their group important. The only catch was that the two had to stick together, as per Luna's orders, to keep each other out of trouble.

Devotion had literally never been to a party before and had no idea what to make of any of this. "So... what do we do?" She asked as they stepped through the reception area and looked around. She saw hundreds of mortals and it made her feel claustrophobic!

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Trixie was standing near the front entrance while her wife's ticket got checked! One at a time obviously, but as long as you had a ticket no questions were asked. Once Starlight finally passed the screening, Trixie threw her forelegs around Starlight and hugged her tight! Or rather, threw her one fleshy foreleg and other magical foreleg around Starlight. "We're here! Show time."

To mark their entrance, Trixie summoned up a beautiful fanfare complete with fireworks and an illusionary red carpet that unrolled in front of them!

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Spitfire flew right by reception because everybody knew who she was anyway. She was here every single year, she never failed to receive a ticket. She was wearing a beautiful dark orange dress that had an enchantment on it, to make it appear as it it was smoldering in random places. It was a completely harmless fire, but it really added to the look!

This was a very important night for Spitfire and Rainbow, though Spitfire didn't quite realize how important. She had been gone for weeks and had pushed any thoughts of this night right out of her mind, due to how busy she had been. Thankfully she had secretly ordered this dress before leaving... she hoped Rainbow liked it!

Right now Spitfire decided to lounge around near the roof and keep an eye out for Rainbow.
-----------------------------------
Meanwhile, Aurora was chilling outside like an antisocial fuck! At the last Gala, Twilight had kind of ditched her on the dance floor and she was determined not to have that happen again. Right now Aurora was just kind of waiting for all the guests to arrive and preparing to head on inside and no doubt be swarmed by a bunch of royals she had never seen before.

Thankfully she was taken, or this entire night would be filled with courtship requests from other royals. Actually, that might still happen.

Aurora had invited Twilight to meet her in the gardens here, for a quick moment alone before the madness began! Plus they could sneak in the quick way rather than wait in the line to get in. They didn't need golden tickets, that was for peasants like Rainbow and Spitfire.

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
As usual, Luna and Celestia were at the entrance to the castle, greetings guests as they arrived. Luna was wearing a very nice black and purple dress that matched her colours well. It was obviously inspired by the night sky. Only her and Celestia knew what the plans were today, and she was absolutely giddy to see them unfold!

They'd probably be here for an hour at least. Ponies were usually rather punctual, but a thousand ponies was a lot to go through. It usually ended with Luna getting bored and leaving all the work to Celestia... but she was determined not to ditch this year, like she had every other year!

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Avedon Avedon Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Shadeofshade Shadeofshade

Celestia had been waiting for the night of the Gala for the past month. It was something she usually didn't enjoy, but this year there would be new faces! Maybe something entertaining would actually happen with all the new ponies that would be there! She'd stood at the steps to the Gala for five minutes, before going into the reception area to start greeting all the ponies. She'd wave and nod and speak her polite words, all while just waiting for anypony of interest to her showed up. Celestia was thankful for the fact that Luna was sitting her with her though! It made this all the more bearable!

----

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Fluttershy was standing at the bottom of the steps to the Gala, Sil resting sleepily on her back. You'd better believe Flutter's wasn't leaving the foal at home. She was wearing a refined version of the last dress she wore to the Gala. It was just adjusted really, and she'd smile as she looked herself over, before looking at Rose, "Are you ready, Rose?" She'd ask, smiling warmly at her fiancee.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon Shadeofshade Shadeofshade

There was, at some point during the entrances, a murmuring near the front door to the foyer. Most of the voices were male. After they had dispersed, a tall and glamorous-looking mare in a white and amber dress, with a white flower in her mane, which was styled in a knot which still let a lot of her now curled mane hang loose from the end of the bun. What really attracted attention was her face. That neutral, lidded expression, combined with beauty-amplifying makeup, gave her a countenance that was both sultry yet suggested she was too good for every stallion here.

Rarity had really outdone herself with this one.

Mud Pie saw her fellow adventurers, and started to trot over, greeting them emotionlessly when she reached them.

"So, you're all here too. I'm glad we could all make it."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Starlight returned the hug, equally as giddy and ecstatic. "That's right! I've been looking forward to this night for months! Here, let me help!"

When Trixie summoned their entrance, Starlight added to the fireworks. She didn't have the talent for illusions, fireworks or entrances that her wife had, but she at least had power and magical knowledge. Thus, her fireworks were big, blue and bright.

Solar Commander Arcus Tempest was dragging Cozy out by her tail, after the latter had tried to sneak in without a formal invitation using her Disguise Self. She saw this extravagant display of uncouth behavior from the two showponies, shook her head, and went back inside to get drunk.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow... is running late. Yes, to the surprise of everybody (no, not really), the fastest pegasus in Equestria in running late to the Gala. What a time to get caught up doing construction crap that she's set herself behind schedule by a whole two hours. Luckily, being the fastest pegasus in Equestria has one benefit; she can make up for the time. Which she did, for the most part. Spitfire is probably still going to have a few words for her, but whatever, at least she's actually there at all. Better late than never.

She came by a minute after Spitfire had flown by reception, to which she did the exact same thing. They could tell it was her literally by just the rainbow trial that got left behind in her wake. The wind suddenly picking up, blowing by rapidly... yep, definitely Rainbow Dash. She touched down on the roof next to Spitfire, a little bit out of breath... and looking no worse for wear, really.

"Hey, sorry, I was a little bit behind!" Dash panted, only to gasp when she saw the outfit that Spitfire was wearing. Mostly the new effects attached to it, some smoldering flames. Probably harmless. "Hah! I guess we both had the same idea on outfit, huh?" She looked down at herself.

It was the same dress from that date they had a while back. Flowing white cloth criss-crossing her chest, clasped together with her cutie mark, then moving down and underneath her barrel between her forelegs to come back up overtop. It flowed down over her sides and back, only the very end managing to touch the floor. Golden horse shoes along with some golden leaves around her two forelegs, even over her ears. Even her mane and tail were all braided up!

Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle, on the other hoof, was not late in the slightest. Because magic means teleportation. Seeing how it's instant travel and all that, it's pretty damn hard to actually be late. Plus her schedule literally just does not allow it. Being late is taken very seriously by Miss Pretty Purple Pony Princess. Being late means she failed. Failing means she'll be sent back to magic Kindergarten. Being sent back to magical Kindergarten means that she'll be laughed at and ridiculed by everybody! Now she can't have that, can she?

Of course, that's what the normally slightly insane Twilight would think. Not tonight! Considering it's the Grand Galloping Gala, that means keeping a lid on her normal social anxieties and things. It won't be difficult since Aurora is going with her... but she is still a little afraid. The last time they were here, she had totally embarrassed them on the dance floor. If they're asked to dance again... she'll swallow her pride and let Aurora lead, 'cause she sure as hell can't.

Popping in next to Aurora, Twilight simply looked stunning. This had to be a new dress she just picked up, because she's never worn it before! All black with gold embroidery, completely covering her chest and barrel, flowing down and around to lay partially across her flanks, all the way down to the floor. Her mane and tail had been stylized and curled, ear rings and hollowed, golden lotuses clipped into her mane to keep it all together. There were even some gold bits on her wings!

Twilight stepped forward, leaning up to nuzzle Aurora gently. "Heya." She breathed, smiling up at them. "The Gala seems like it just snuck up on us this year. Time sure flies."

Avedon Avedon GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
Luna
Luna had a game she played every year at the Gala. The game was called 'talk shit about ponies behind their back'. She was extraordinarily good at it. "Haha nice to have you here, see you inside. Try to dress better next time." She whispered that last part as the ponies walked away, but she was way too quiet for anybody but Celestia to actually hear her.

Luna loved this game. "Wow, looking good Fleur! A little fat but whatever..."

Rose
Rose was wearing a rose coloured dress (go figure) that matched her white coat rather well. It flowed down around her legs and ended in what appeared to be thorns! Not real thorns of course. That would hurt. As they walked into the place, Rose looked over and smiled! "I am so ready. Always ready."

And then Rose saw something that would probably be clinging to them for the rest of the evening. "VALENTINE!" Rose shrieked over the assembled crowd, almost all of whom looked in their direction. She probably just crushed Fluttershy with embarrassment, but oh well! She hadn't seen Valentine since being teleported away mid-adventure by Luna!

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Devotion
With Rose screeching at Valentine, that left Devotion in a kind of awkward position. Technically she was supposed to stick with Valentine and make sure the devil stayed out of trouble. But also... Mud was here. Devotion liked Mud a lot! So while Rose and Valentine went to see each other, Devotion decided to stick with Mud.

The deadpan stare didn't even affect Devotion, who always acted awkward anyway. "Mud! Haha, it is I! The regular mortal. I do things, like drink mortal drinks and wear... mortal... sheets." She motioned to Mud's outfit and frowned. "I wish to have one of my own. Make it so!"

Trixie
Trixie was ecstatic to have Starlight actually add to the fanfare. "Heck yes!" She exclaimed happily, her arcane leg shooting into the air with joy! After a few seconds she calmed herself down and smiled at Starlight with a little loving look in her eyes.

She leaned forward to Starlight as if going for a kiss, stopped short, and breathlessly said, "... Let's get so drunk we don't even remember all the embarrassing stuff we'll do tonight."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Spitfire
Thankfully Dash wasn't overly late, or Spitfire would have been actually mad. Leaving her at the Gala alone for an hour or two would not fly (ha)! Spitfire was looking all around for Dash, expecting her to have already been here. Spitfire was surprised when Dash actually arrived after her! Needless to say, Spitfire was absolutely shocked at Rainbow's choice of dress too!

"Ha! I guess we did have the same idea..." She said with a little blush on her cheeks. These dresses meant a lot to both of them. Hers might be slightly improved with fancy flame effects, but it was still the same old dress. Spitfire just held her hooves out. "... Come here and hug me. I won't burn you."

Twilight
Aurora had been waiting patiently for Twilight to arrive! When Twilight popped into existence beside her, Aurora quickly returned the nuzzle. She took one look over Twilight's dress... and nodded slightly, with a little smile on her lips. "You look nice, Twilight. I was worried you were going to leave me again." she just wouldn't let that one go, huh?

Still, Aurora was glad to have Twilight here. She always felt better with Twilight around! Stronger too. There's nothing they couldn't face together. She was wearing a dark purple dress, just slightly darker than her mane. The most impressive part of it was the flowing magic all along it, looking like a miniaturized Weave. "I think we should be heading inside, yes?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

“Why am I here?” Thought Midnight Sonata for about the 40th time that night as he stood out on the balcony. He had been invited to this thing called ‘The Grand Galloping Gala’. Normally he would not go as he didn’t like Nobles but the ponies that he became friends with, on his previous journey, were here. He also thought it might be a good idea to at least try and interact with Equestrian Nobility to see if they were any different.

When Midnight got the invitation he really didn’t want to go. His past experiences with Nobles made it so he didn’t trust them as far as he could throw them. When he heard that his new friends would be there, however, he then decided to give it a chance.

First thing on his agenda was to get some suitable clothes for the Gala. When he got to a nearby town of Ponyville, he heard about a shop called Carousel Boutique and decided to go there so he could make at least a little bit of an effort. That’s where he met a Unicorn named Rarity. She was an incredibly helpful Pony. With her tailoring the suit to be a simple dark blue suit with a white shirt and no tie or bow tie, Midnight was set.

He wished that he could just leave this Gala or turn invisible, he could do that to. But no, Midnight had made a promise that he would not use his magic or leave until the Gala was over and he had every intention to keep that promise.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Mud

"Technicaly," Mud started, "You'd need a tailor for that, and I am definitely not one. I could make you a dress, but you would probably be prettier without it. It would look awful. Maybe we should look around for a Tailor, or possibly a Unicorn who knows a clothes spell...Clothes spells are a thing, right?" Mud began to look around, noticing how pretty everypony was. "Or, we could appropriate a dress. Not outright theft, but if we could convince a noble to part with a dress by getting it dirty, then we cleaned it, you could wear that. Cleaning is something I can do as you well know. If you work with dirt and mud as both a living and a hobby, you get very good at cleaning."

Starlight

Starlight braced herself for a kiss, and was moving in too. When Trixie stopped short, she briefly looked disappointing before hearing talk of getting drunk. Starlight then grinned and nodded. She was a major lightweight compared to Trixie but that just made getting drunk easier and more fun. And oh boy Starlight was fun when she was drunk.

"But first," Starlight added, before shooting forwards and giving Trixie a deep, passionate kiss. "That's for leading me on and leaving me hanging. Now let's go! The bar awaits!"

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade

Mint Imperial needed a break from chin-wagging and hoof-shaking with Canterlot's elite. Part of her resented them. They had all the privilege of being born rich with none of the responsibility of being born powerful. Mint was the last of the Royal Unicorn bloodline. She was in fact technically a Princess, but with all these actual, real Princesses running around nowadays she avoided that title like the plague. Her father, Prince Blueblood, had relished his use of the title, but Mint was not her father. The Unicorn royals still had some measure of duty. She sat at the Equestrian Council, and in fact was the only non-elected member. She was in charge of the committees organizing several of the Canterlot holidays and festivals including the Grand Galloping Gala itself. The list went on. And just when she though she had a chance to let her hair down, here came the nobles insisting on drinking slowly, eating very little and making smug small talk, and expecting her to do the same. That's why she currently found herself on the balcony, needing some air, and some quiet. It was uninhabited apart from one bat pony in a snappy blue suit. Mint approached him.

Midnight would see a mare approach him, in a dress that was covered in green gemstones. Her dress alone looked like it cost more than a Lower Canterlot house. The way she walked betrayed her as somebody who had been bred to walk like that. She was very beautiful, but make no mistake, she was a noble. In fact, you could say she was the noble.

"Hello, there," she spoke in an almost comically heightened RP accent. (Received pronunciation? More like ill-received pronunciation) "You're one of the special invitees Luna sent tickets to, aren't you? An adventurer, I believe. I imagine this Gala might be a little...flashy if you're not used to it."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Valentine wore an elaborate black and white dress, linked to a fancy and fluffy choker clasped around the devils neck with long white stockings. Her ears perked up and she stared right at Rose with her wide gold eyes. Barely a few meters away from her.
"You know Devotion, being around all these mortals reminds me so much of my friend Rose and how I miss her. Sometimes it's like I can still hear her voice..."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Rainbow Dash
"Well, of course you won't burn me! You'd feel really bad if you did..." Rainbow said with a roll of her eyes. She never expected Spitfire to ever burn her. The mare was always so much more careful with her magic around her, she would be surprised if it ever happened at all. Being burned by the primordial when it came out on the adventure doesn't count. That wasn't Spitfire, that was the fault of the thing living inside Spitfire!

So she came forward and wrapped her forelegs around Spitfire, squeezing them tight, and also planting a deep kiss on their lips. She lingered there for a few moments, if possible, before pulling away with a grin. "You look beautiful, Spitfire." She breathed out with a happy little sigh.

Twilight Sparkle
A deep blush came across Twilight's face when Aurora complimented her, scuffing her hoof against the ground. "Oh stop..." She mumbled, but there was a happy little smile on her face, even as she looked away. Always one to be embarrassed by simple compliments from Aurora, she was. She took a few moments to compose herself, her blush disappearing and coming to stand beside them. "Of course I'm not abandoning you again. If we happen to have to dance then... you'll have to lead."

After all this time, she still wasn't all that sure of herself when it came to dancing. There were a few spotted lessons that she took to learn, but honestly, dancing never seemed to be her thing. She stopped being an absolute flippers-for-hooves, but she was never really all that good. Or maybe she's just never had the right partner to show her how. Who knows?

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

While Midnight was standing on the balcony when a Pony that just screamed NOBLE started walking up. She walked like someone who had walked like that for all their life and, if that didn’t give away that she was a noble then, the dress she wore a dress was covered in gemstones. When she was near enough her voice, if Midnight was not trying to be rude so he could be seen as civil, just made it so that he wanted to vanish so badly. It seemed comically high pitched and made it seem like she was somewhat faking it. “NO Midnight NO, don’t think like that. Be nice and try to not cause a scene.” thought Midnight as he scolded himself.

Before Midnight answered he closed his eyes, took a deep breath, opened his eyes and said in the most polite tone of voice he could muster “Indeed I am. My name is Midnight Sonata, pleasure to meet you.” he bowed as he introduced himself. With that out of the way he raised his head and said “I can say that I have been to a few parties myself so I’m not too intimidated by this. That being said, Due to some past bad experiences with nobility, I’m not too fond of nobles.” Midnight made sure to do his best to not have any venom in the words noble or nobility, he then went on to say “I mean no disrespect to you or any pony from Equestrian nobility as I have not had much experience with many ponies from Equestria.” Midnight felt that he should at least tell this pony a rough area of where he was from “I come from south of Saddle Arabia and past Litterbox Ridge as I’m not too familiar with the Equestrian way of doing things.”

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Celestia

Celestia couldn't hide the smile she had, and it wasn't even because of the nobles. It was the sly remarks Luna would say as they walked by. She had to keep herself from giggling a few times, but managed to keep her mood in check for the most part. She'd spot Fluttershy with Rose, and noticed the foal on Shy's back, her eyes widening a bit. She honestly didn't know that Fluttershy had a foal. Was she really that far out of the loop? She'd sigh, before waving happily to them. Seeing Rose call out to the Devil was cute though, more so that the mare didn't even seem to realise Rose actually said it.

She'd look to the steps as a charcoal grey mare with a charcoal black mane came to the steps, "Octavia! A pleasure as always to see you!" She'd say, smiling warmly. Octavtia bowed her head and waved at them, before going on inside, "A pleasure to always be here." She'd say in passing, smiling.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon
Fluttershy

Fluttershy would giggle, and waved at Val, assuming it was Rose's friend, since Rose clearly knew the mare, "Hello!" She'd say, grinning a bit as they got closer to the main door of the Gala. Fluttershy was kind of nervous about going in, and was happy to stand around outside with Rose for a few extra minute to speak with one of her friends!

"It's nice to meet you! I'm Fluttershy!" She'd say, trotting closer to Val, hoping to properly introduce herself.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Octavia

While being no stranger to the Gala, Octavia grew to hate the Gala more and more. It had used to be the only time she could see her grandfather, unless she'd get him tickets to one of her shows. However, now everytime she came, and didn't see him, it was like a knife through her heart. She'd look around the ball room, sighing internally, before heading out into the gardens. Thankfully, there wasn't too many ponies out there, and she could sit in silence for a moment.

The fact that Midnight was clearly trying to remain civil was apparent to Mint, but nevertheless she politely listened. The reason for his unease became apparent, and by the time he'd finished talking, Mint giggled. "I honestly can't say I blame your lack of fondness for nobles. I've lived around them my whole life and if I wasn't one myself I'd say words a lot harsher than 'not fond'. My name is Mint Imperial," she replied, offering her hoof. To shake or kiss, it didn't matter to her as long as it wasn't brohooved. "And I don't think you should worry about the 'Equestrian way of doing things'. I know the Princesses, and if they didn't want you to just be yourself and have a good time, they wouldn't have sent you tickets. You're free from the expectations of your peers to act with restraint and class. You should make the most of it!"

She looked a little bit sad as she said those last two sentences, but still gave Midnight a smile at the end.

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Devotion
"I am not stealing a mortal cloth!" Devotion said with an angry little furrowing of her cute eyebrows! What Mud was suggesting was basically theft, whatever way she decided to see it. "I will just make my own cloth. Watch this!" a little shine of light surrounded Devotion, and then a dress appeared on her. It was an exact replica of Mud's dress, just golden to match herself better.

"Aha! Now I am the attractive mortal, not you Mud! You are merely the second most attractive one here!" Devotion said happily, not even realizing that she just hit on Mud. She was too innocent to know it. She then looked over at Valentine with a little squint of her eyes. "I think that's Rose over there, calling you. She isn't dead. Did you see her die, Valentine? You know, mortals, especially main heroes, have this crazy thing where they can't die unless you see them die. Did you see her actually die?"

Starlight
Trixie returned the kiss just as deeply and let out a gentle little moan into Starlight's mouth, before breaking away with a grin! "Leading you on is what I do best, love. Besides being amazing, I mean. Trixie does that best of all." Wow so much self confidence, it was almost sickening. Actually no, scratch that, it was sickening.

The pair soon made their way towards the bar. This is where the fun begins.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Spitfire
Spitfire sank deeply into the kiss and just held Rainbow Dash tight for a few seconds. She enjoyed this kiss most of all because nobody was paying attention to them. All the guests were either still entering or distracted and not looking towards the ceiling. Plus... no paparazzi! Luna had a very strict 'paparazzi on castle grounds will be stabbed, survivors will be stabbed again' rule which Spitfire loved.

After breaking away from the kiss, Spitfire let out just a beautiful sigh of happiness and grinned right back at Rainbow! "Well yes, I would imagine I do look beautiful. You don't look half bad yourself, Rainbow..."

Spitfire held out her hoof towards Rainbow. "Would you care to accompany me for a non-alcoholic drink, my love?"

Aurora
"I can lead, just don't mess it up too much." Aurora said with a little arch of her eyebrow at Twilight and a slight smile. "Joking of course! Merely joking. I would never be embarrassed around you." Aurora nodded her head a bit at that obvious lie. She would totally be embarrassed around Twilight. Twilight was actually rather good at embarrassing her, and Aurora was equally good at embarrassing Twilight! And they were both really good at not caring about that!

"Dancing is easy. You just go back and forth and maybe do a spin." Aurora stoop up from her stop on the ground and magically cleaned her dress, before holding a hoof out to Twilight. "Time to get a move on, lady. You do love me, yes?" She asked while leaning in a bit closer.

Luna
Luna... was not nearly as calm about this as Celestia was. "YOU HAVE A FOAL?! HEY EVERYPONY, FLUTTERSHY HAS A FOAL! BE SURE TO GIFT UPON HER YOUR ADORATION AND LOVE!"

Luna literally screamed this at the top of her lungs. Which was rather loud. The entirety of Canterlot Castle heard it, at least. Possibly the city.

Luna looked at Octavia and just smiled. "OH YE-" She quickly cleared her throat and collected herself. "Oh yes, it's always a pleasure to see you Octavia. We should do a show together sometime. Have a good night, and do not get too drunk."

Fleur
"Heeeeey Octavia. Long time no... talk." Fleur was the most awkward top model ever. She stepped forward holding two glasses of wine, one of which she offered to Octavia with a smile. "It's been a while. Are you finding the Gala as boring as every other year?"

Of course they talked before. They talked at every Gala, and Fleur had been to a few shows because she enjoyed that kind of music. It helped her relax from an otherwise stressful existence of being constantly judged on her looks!

Avedon Avedon GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
Rose, who was very much alive, just grabbed Valentine and dragged her back over to Fluttershy. "Oh this is my best friend ever, Valentine! She's a Devil, but like... not a good one! Don't worry, she won't steal your soul or anything. Right Valentine?"

Rose nuzzled Valentine a bit and then let her go! They hadn't seen each other in a while so the warm greetings were totally necessary.

Midnight could tell that Mint Imperial was a pony who he could get along with. She seemed a little sad with the last few sentences but was at least trying to make him feel comfortable. He wanted to show some respect to this pony that was trying so when she finished talking he took the hove, lowered his head and kissed it to show his respect... then all of a sudden all he could hear for a brief moment was "YOU HAVE A FOAL?! HEY EVERYPONY, FLUTTERSHY HAS A FOAL! BE SURE TO GIFT UPON HER YOUR ADORATION AND LOVE!"

Midnight was a little startled at the sudden loud noise. His mane stood on end, his eyes had widened and he froze for a moment while still in the motion of kissing Mint’s hove. After returning Mint’s hove and regaining some composure, straightened out his mane and said “By the Nightmother, somepony got excited and has quite the pair of lungs.”

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Mud
"If you could do that," Mud replied after a pause, "Why did you ask me to 'make it so'? It would have been faster to do this from the start. But at least our dresses are matching." Mud almost blushed when she got called the second most attractive, and gestured to all the other mares who were present. "I really don't think I'm the second most attractive mare here. Though a lot of stallions were staring at me so it's possible. This is a surreal experience."

Starlight
At the bar, Starlight floated over the cocktail menu. "It's the Gala, so lets get absolutely shitfaced in a classy and expensive way. I mean, they probably do really nice whiskey and gin here, but I can't imagine the cider's got anything on Ponyville." The pencil-mustached bartender tried to ignore that but was clearly displeased.

The gesture of hoof-kissing from somepony who had no love for nobles was not one which went unnoticed by Mint, who smiled more genuinely than her more practiced, polite smile. However, when Luna used her Canterlot Voice to announce Fluttershy's pregnancy, Mint didn't freeze, she jumped. Luckily her hoof stayed where it was, anchored by Midnight's own hooves, or she'd have smacked Midnight in the face.

"I believe that was the Nightmother," Mint replied. "It certainly sounded like Luna's voice."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Celestia

Celestia had to rub her ear for a moment after the blast sound of Luna speaking so loud to Fluttershy. Then proceeded to yell out that everypony should show Fluttershy adoration because of it. Celestia would rub her face, knowing this would like cause Fluttershy some extra grief with the newspapers and anypony that wanted to meet her. She'd sit back, smiling at Luna as she continued to greet and say hello to ponies, only to insult them mildy as they got by. It was pretty entertaining on such a boring night.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon
Fluttershy
Fluttershy had nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard Luna's voice boom across the entire city, and would look look over at Luna, her eyes wide. She'd slowly lift a hoof, and waved at the queen, before looking back to Rose and Val, blinking a few times.

She'd come over quickly, smiling as Val. Sil would point at Val, "She's a bad pony!" She'd cry, before looking at Rose, "Wait... Not bad? Do you like Hide and Seek!?" She'd ask, staring at Val. It was her favorite, and best played game after all. Fluttershy would just let out a sigh, before flipping her mane out of her face, "It's nice to meet a friend of Rose's! We're you an adventurer?" She'd ask, using her wings to keep Sil in place on her back.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Octavia

Octavia would look up, a bit surprised at hearing Fleur's voice. She didn't know why she was surprised, but offered a weak smile to the mare, before carefully taking the offered glass with her hoof. She'd swirl it around a bit, before taking a sip, grimacing a bit. She never liked wine, but to turn it down would be impolite. She'd look at Fleur, "It's actually less boring this year... Just..." She'd let out a deep sigh, before shaking her head, "I'd say it's very... 'drab'." She'd say, trying to be funny.

Last edited:
Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Cozy Glow, mane styled, makeup on and very pretty dress on (courtesy of Suri Polomare), was on the promenade on main street, outside the entrance to the castle courtyard. She was resting her head on a balcony, looking out over Ponyville, and the rest of Canterlot. It looked quite pretty at night. Several ponies walked past, wondering what the story was with a mare dressed for the Gala in such a place in such a pose. Most assumed some kind of argument or breakup and left her alone. Some asked if she was okay and she waved them away with some reassurances. Cozy wasn't expecting people to see through her Disguise Self spell and her stolen ticket before the party had even started. She couldn't even blame Luna for not giving her a ticket.

So here she was, all dressed up and with no party to go to.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Unlike Cozy Glow, there was something else stalking the grounds. A creature not quite like any others. Emitting stars from their body, glowing when she wishes and as black as the darkest of nights, they moved through Canterlot without any trace of sound. They weren't exactly dressed to be going to a party, however, despite appearing very well groomed and manicured. That was just common hygiene for a cat, nothing more to it. She was here personally guarding against any pesky personnel for the Grand Galloping Gala.

Lo and behold, to her surprise, there seemed to be a pony who was not at the party for some reason. What are they dressed up all pretty for to simply be... standing there? Selena crept closer to Cozy Glow, from behind, making no noise in her approach. It wasn't until she allowed the galaxies evident in her pelt begin to shine once more that she was really made visible at all in the night.

"Are you lost, my little pony?" A soft voice purred, like honey. Selena stood up straight, staring them down curiously, garbed in nothing. "You're a little overdressed for simply gazing at dear Luna's beautiful night."

That perked Midnight’s ears up. “That was the Nightmother? And she is called Luna in Equestria?” he thought with a confused expression. As he thought about it he lowered his head and his expression turned into one of though as things started to make some sense.

“So then was one of the two Alicorns at the entrance the Nightmother?” asked Midnight. His expression changed again as he then realised that he had been a little bit rude by not doing one very important thing. Composing himself, he then said “I didn’t introduce myself when I came through the entrance. I think I might need to go and introduce myself to them. Would you like to come along Miss Imperial?” As he asked the question he offered his hoof to invite Mint to come with him. Hoping to have somepony that might accompany him through all the nobles that were still in the hall.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Cozy jumped when she heard a voice beside her. It was rare for anypony to get this close to her unnoticed. She turned around to see...some kind of constellation animal. No doubt another creation of Luna. Cozy turned to face her."I didn't have a ticket but attempted to partake in the festivities anyway, shall we say. It didn't work, so now I'm just nursing my wounded pride, then might hit a nightclub later or something. The name's Wing Gambit, but I'm more well known by the name Cozy Glow. And you are?"

"Of course!" Mint replied, giggling at Mindight's reaction to finding out 'the Nightmother' was Luna. And there was no doubt in Mint's mind that Luna was 'the Nightmother'. Luna was literally the mother of Night itself. When he offered his hoof, she daintily took it. "Of course. I shall accompany you to meet with Princess Luna. She can be...daunting to meet alone, I understand." As they left the balcony to return to the Gala, Mint then giggled under her breath playfully. "I wonder what people are going to assume seeing us holding hooves."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Selena tilted her head slightly at them, whiskers twitching. Yes, she knew who this pony was. A manipulative and fiendish mare if what she had been told is true. Yet right now they seemed to be anything but. Just a sad and lonely mare who wanted to join the party. She couldn't quite get them back into the Gala, but maybe she could still help make their night a little bit better.

The Gala would be fine without her for a little while anyway.

"I can't bring you into the Gala without my lady's permission or without a ticket, but... I could bring you somewhere nice for dinner." Selena suggested slowly, staring them down. There was a certain gentleness to her. "My treat."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Devotion
"... I figured having you make me a dress and then give it to me would be nice. Like being hoofed a present! But seeing as how you're not capable of making one, I made one instead..." Devotion looked around at the other ponies around them when Mud mentioned not being the second most attractive mare there. Well... she wasn't technically wrong and unfortunately angels are known for being honest. Really honest. "Yeah, you're right. Definitely not second. Perhaps twentieth? That's still pretty good though!" Devotion said with a completely oblivious and honest smile.

Trixie
"Oh come on, this is Canterlot. Surely they bought apple cider from Ponyville and stored it for special celebrations like this, right? Mister Pencil-face, I shall have one glass of your best cider!" Trixie kind of asked and ordered at the same time. After being handed the glass, Trixie took one sip of it... and then teleported that shit right to the sun. "... On second thought, I'll just have rum."

Fleur saw that grimace, she wasn't totally blind. She chuckled a little bit at Octavia's words and then smiled. "I don't really like wine either, it just makes me look more classy. Would you prefer something else? I can go ste- er, borrow it from the alcohol bar, with teleportation." She said a little awkwardly, clearing her throat afterwards. It wasn't stealing, it was... borrowing without returning.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Rainbow Dash
The kiss did wonders for Rainbow. She still had a little bit of a glazed look on her face until Spitfire said something, to which she snapped to attention immediately! That's the sign of a good mare right there, listening as soon as she started speaking. Spitfire has trained them well.

Rainbow blushed cutely at the compliment on her appearance. Instinctively, she went to rub the back of her head, as per usual when she's a bit abashed, but then realized something. She probably should not do that because it would ruin her mane. While not caring about her personal appearance all that much is a great thing, she didn't exactly want to look bad around Spitfire. So, instead, she resorted to one leg rubbing the other, looking away for a moment.

"Thanks, and of course." Dash took their hoof with a loving smile on her face. "Let's just hope we don't get swamped by any fans while in there!"

Twilight Sparkle
Twilight gave a little half-hearted giggle at the joke. It was a little bit funny, but she had a little trouble laughing at it as well. That moment of abandoning Aurora was a pretty bad one on her part. She knew that it had hurt her reputation a little as well, suddenly teleporting away like that when the dance was about to commence. There would be none of that this time. No more running away. If they have to dance, she's doing it with Aurora. No leaving a second time!

"Dancing has always been a weakness of mine. I've never been all that good at it." Twilight sighed, taking Aurora's hoof and stepping closer. "I did do some dance lessons in preparation for this time... hopefully I won't look like a total idiot on the floor." She shrugged, smiling up at that. "But at least I'll be with you down there so I don't think I'd mind."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Spitfire
Looking bad for what was to come tonight would probably not be the best idea. Then again... "Hey, y'know it doesn't matter if you ruin your mane, right?" Spitfire asked, having noticed Rainbow reaching back to rub the back of her head only to nervously stop. "We are kind of going to be putting on a flight show. Good luck keeping your mane styled when we're going 700 miles an hour or more."

Spitfire chuckled at that! It was worth noting that Spitfire's mane was actually not done up much at all, and almost never was. It had been combed down and put into a small ponytail, but that was the extent of it. She knew that styling her mane with a flight show planned was just a complete waste of time! Plus her mane always ended up windswept. There's nothing she could do about that.

"I remember getting swarmed by fans once. Or rather, a fan." She looked at Dash pointedly and arched a little eyebrow. "What was that, twenty years ago? So strange. You barely even existed to me back then!"

Aurora
"Don't worry, dancing has always been a problem of mine as well. I'm better than you though. You're..." Aurora didn't say it but she was thinking it; kinda bad at dancing! "... You're great. Just follow me and you'll survive." However, something about this seemed a little off-putting about Aurora. The way she walked around seemed kind of rigid, like she was thinking deeply about something.

One other thing struck Aurora though and right before they stepped inside of the castle through the secret entrance, she turned to look at Twilight again. This time she furrowed her eyebrows and actually looked a little upset! "... Twilight Sparkle, I asked if you love me and you did not respond. You do love me, yes?" She asked while leaning in a bit closer.

As Midnight walked with Mint, he heard the question she asked. As he walked with her, he pondered it for a bit, and then answered, “Well, I can’t say what any Nobles would say but, I can say what some of the common ponies that I know would say.” As he started to explain he realised that he might need to watch his words, “To start with, they would want to know who you were if they knew me but not you and it would work the other way too. If they knew both of us then they would want to know why we were together. As for things like rumours, the only ones that would circulate would be of me and what is going on with me.”

Midnight did think of a few other things but decided to hold them back as he didn’t want to spoil the potentially good friendship that he hoped he was building. “Well, that’s just from what I know and only from what I know some common ponies would say.” he said. Realising that he did not know a lot about Mint, and as they were walking through the hall he heard something about a dance, so he decided to ask, “Miss Imperial, putting aside what anyone wants to say about us holding hooves, would you like to go and dance with me? I’m sure that we could go to see the two Alicorns at the entrance somewhere around the Gala later, so what do you think?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back