• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MLP: Age of Exploration - Nightmares Rising

Avedon Avedon Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Reaching up towards the heavens, Nightmare pulled more energy into herself...

This time, everypony across the world could feel the catastrophic effects of Nightmare abusing the Weave. As the Weave finally reached a major breaking point, the sky split open and wisps of Azureflame began to leak out. Where they touched the ground, it was as if another disintegration had taken place. Things began to simply disappear, be it the buildings that the flames touched, patches of land itself, or even creatures.

Thankfully for now the spurts of flame were quite easy avoided, and spaced far apart...

Although Starlight was a master of spellcasting and did well to hide the fact that she was even casting a spell, that didn't stop the possessed Aurora from sensing it. The Weave told her about it, and her eyes came to Starlight just as it was cast. As the disintegration came hurtling towards her, Nightmare reached out with her magic and delicately severed the magical energy around Starlight's horn that was holding the spell together.

The Weave reacted to this spell being cast, and Nightmare felt something strange take hold of her. It was then that colourful bubbles began to stream from her ears and float gently upwards!

---------------
Nightmare
Concentration Spells Active: The Fine Line (9/10 Rounds)
Mirror Images: 0/3

Weave Health: 5/10
Weave Effects: Spell Save DCs are reduced by 2, all spells requiring an attack roll critically fail on a 1-3 (ask me for the spell fail chart if you roll 1-3), must roll on the Wild Magic Table after every cast.

Trixie
Armour Class: 14
Divine Luck: 4/5
Sorcery Points: 19/20
Spells Per Day:
7/8
4/4
0/2
1/1

Last edited:
Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Trixie felt the shift in the atmosphere as the Weave above them seemed to tear apart, but she couldn't focus on that right now. Something much more important had been said a few seconds prior, and Trixie was still reeling from the revelation. "... What do you mean I was held hostage?! I do not remember this ever happening!" But she knew it wasn't something that Starlight would lie about. Unfortunately she didn't have time to question it further, as Nightmare let out a sonic wave soon after.

Trixie managed to shake off the wave for the most part, though it still hurt. Gathering her magic up, Trixie began to weave a bead of flame in the air and sent it hurtling towards Nightmare where it then exploded in magnificent fashion! Nightmare wasn't able to get out of the way in time, and screamed as the flames engulfed her. Not only did Trixie land a nice damaging spell, but she felt what was left of the Weave side with her!

Nightmare turned to Trixie with a wicked look in her eye. Trixie suddenly felt her entire body tense up, unable to move. She couldn't even blink! It was the worst feeling she had ever experienced. She could only watch as Nightmare reeled back, and landed a heavy kick against her chest. Trixie could feel several ribs break, but was unable to actually do anything about it. She couldn't even scream, or cry.

Looking directly over at Starlight, Nightmare addressed her. "This is a foolhardy fight, Starlight Glimmer! Surrender, or I will take from you what you attempted to save so long ago!" How many more strikes like that could Trixie survive? Two, maybe?

Bonus Action: Hold Pony on Trixie

Legendary Action: Melee Attack

---------------
Nightmare
Concentration Spells Active: The Fine Line (9/10 Rounds)

Weave Health: 5/10
Weave Effects: Spell Save DCs are reduced by 2, all spells requiring an attack roll critically fail on a 1-3 (ask me for the spell fail chart if you roll 1-3), must roll on the Wild Magic Table after every cast.

Trixie
Wild Magic: Spell targets have disadvantage (10/10 rounds)
Sorcery Points: 18/20
Spells Per Day:
7/8
3/4
0/2
1/1

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

With the first spell, Titania didn’t really notice a thing. Not really noticing the magic, Titania watched as Nightmare Moon was grappled, bitten, stabbed, had fire launched at her and then launched another spell. The second spell did hit her but only did damage. Shaking off the attack of magic, Titania saw something begin to tear up in the sky, “Oh yea, sure, just summoning the apocalypse. Nice, anything else we should know besides maybe ‘You should all burn in the pits of Tartiros!’?” She said with heapings of sarcasm and then began to imitate Nightmare moon’s voice the best she could. Gripping the Sun Blade’s handle with two hives now she continued, “On second thought, don’t bother.” With that Titania launched 4 more attacks with her Sun Blade.

Saving throw

Charisma Advantage

First Roll : 12 + 3 + 5 = 20
Second Roll : 20 + 3 + 5 = 28

Constitution Advantage
First Roll : 16 + 3 + 5 = 24
Second Roll : 14 + 3 + 5 = 22

Attack Rolls

Sun Blade Normal Attack : 3 + 6 + 4 + 2 = 15
Sun Blade Extra Attack 1 : 13 + 6 + 4 + 2 = 25
Sun Blade Extra Attack 2 : 14 + 6 + 4 + 2 = 26
Sun Blade Extra Attack 3 : 15 + 6 + 4 + 2 = 27

Damage Rolls
Sun Blade Extra Attack 1 : 3 + 4 + 2 = 9
Sun Blade Extra Attack 2 : 3 + 4 + 2 = 9
Sun Blade Extra Attack 3 : 8 + 4 + 2 = 14

HP 131/173
AC 18
Grit 2/3
Action Surge 1/2

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Free Action: Twisted Fate - Trixie's dice roll for her Save against Hold Pony is now a 15

"Trixie!!" Starlight yelled in desperation as Nightmare assaulted her wife right in front of Starlight's eyes. She was staring at Nightmare with seething hatred.

"That won't work this time, Nightmare. This time, you are going to die for good." She answered simply, before turning to Trixie, and starting to tear up. "And Trixie. I never told you because I was scared, rightfully so, that you'd hate me for it. But ten years ago, when we fought Nightmare? That dragon? You died that day. And I couldn't bring you back with Wish. You were gone. I was emotional, and stupid, and I couldn't lose you....Nightmare brought you back. I made a deal with the devil. The catch was that she was living inside of you. For ten years. I searched for ways to get rid of her. I was even going to turn myself in if it meant getting the help of others...until the pregnancy. Then I....was scared. I couldn't just think about us any more."

Starlight carried on, wanting Trixie to hear all of the truth. "I carried on researching by myself, petrified into doing so by knowing that telling you would put you in danger from her, and telling others would hurt our family. That was my thought process. Cowardly excuses and paranoia, I know. I just wanted to be with you. In case Nightmare kills you before we can rescue you, I wanted you to hear the truth and hear from me. Because I will never surrender again."

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
This time, Titania did get Nightmare's attention. As the sun blade cut into Nightmare's hide, the depowered goddess snarled and turned to glance at Titania. "I will deal with you next!" Nightmare barked at her, before turning back to Starlight who was currently in the middle of talking with Trixie. This was... interesting. For now, she decided to play this patiently and instead reached up towards the Weave to once again pull energy from it. Some of her wounds sealed closed as she took in the power, though she was bleeding heavily by this point and was beginning to pant.

Trixie... well, Trixie didn't visibly react at all because of Hold Pony. She couldn't scream, couldn't cry, couldn't even glance over at Starlight. However, she still heard the words. Starlight would just have to wait for the spell to wear off before she could see Trixie's reaction!

Nightmare literally only got one thing from all of that. "I'm not a devil, I'm a primordial... It's diff-you know what, nevermind..."

---------------
Nightmare
Concentration Spells Active: The Fine Line (9/10 Rounds), Holy Pony (Trixie, 10/10 rounds)

Weave Health: 4/10

Trixie
Wild Magic: Spell targets have disadvantage (10/10 rounds)
Sorcery Points: 18/20
Spells Per Day:
7/8
3/4
0/2
1/1

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Avedon gathered himself as he was shaken off Aurora. A flurry of spells flashed before him as the wizards dueled but one thing was clear to him, the azure was unraveling right before their eyes. The distant crackle of the blind eternities beyond this world drummed out his heartbeat as hie knew they were nearing the precipice of disaster. Nightmare Moon had no idea how to handle Aurora's powers or the weave she was so closely entwined with.

He looked to Twilight. None of them had hesitated to strike at Aurora, afterall to hesitate in this fight would be tantamount to embrace death against the caliber of foe they were facing. The fact that this was the mare she loved was not lost on him. He was certain she also felt it would be better to heal even a grievously injured Aurora than to let Nightmare Moon consume her body and soul. But still he couldn't help but whisper.
"I'm sorry Twilight..."

He threw his shield aside and drew Luna's scimitar once more. He called on her strength now as he never had before. Alone, for all his might, he could truly only strike at the body. He needed her light and fire with him, whatever was left.

"Nightmare! You've all but spent your stolen strength from Aurora! You've lost! Worse than lost, you're clumsy cloying in a body you have no capacity or skill to wield has left the Weave rent asunder! Can you not see the world stands on the brink of a cataclysm that will not spare you! The very laws of magic are failing! That is why your spells are so erratic! If there was ever a drop of sincerity in your please for your Primal-kin abandon that vessel before you doom them all!....If you will not leave, we will drive you out!"

The divine-wreathed paladin flew at Nightmare Moon, striking at Aurora savagely with fanatical zeal, bringing his blade down wherever would be most painful as each stroke of his sword burned with a greater intensity than the last. Luna's divine magic pouring from his body, spilling from his blades, and running into Aurora's body to try to drive Nightmare's essence out.
"By the light of the Moon I will burn the impure! By the might of my blade I abjure thee from this body! By the right of our cause, I judge thee. By Luna, by Aurora, and by Equestria I SMITE THEE - REPENT!"

Actions: Lunar Scimitar
Attack 1 - 31 (Advantage)

45 (9 Lunar + 6 shadow + 21 Shadow Smite + 9)

Attack 2 - 35 (Critical Hit - Advantage)
88 (14 Lunar + 15 Shadow + 50 Shadow Smite +9)

Bonus Attack: Holy Avenger (33 Critical Hit - Advantage)
70 (7 Slashing + 9 Shadow + 47 Shadow Smite +7)

Total Damage: 203

Auras
Holy Avenger: All friendly creatures within 30ft gain Advantage on their rolls against Spells and Magical Effects (Does not include Epic Spells)
Divine Aura: Allies gain +5 to All Saving Throws as well as Immunity against Fear and Disease

HP: 225/235
AC: 18
Smite: 5/10

Nightmare had grown to comfortable during this conflict. While the ponies had gotten some good shots in, Nightmare was confident in the knowledge that she could swiftly end them whenever she wanted. She could call meteors from the sky, blanket the land in ice or banish them to other planes of existence. She had grown comfortable, arrogant... and it cost her dearly.

Taking her attention off of Avedon had been a mistake; one that she only saw when it was too late. Avedon's eyes burned with a silvery light, which poured from his blades. That should be as clear a sign as any for Avedon that his Goddess was not gone, merely dissipated for now. Were she truly gone, his eyes would not have blazed with such a divine lunar light.

One blade Nightmare knew too well. She shrieked as she realized her error, trying to dodge the attacks to no avail. Avedon's first attack with Luna's scimitar opened up a large cut on Nightmare's neck, but it was the next two attacks which really caused all of the damage. Nightmare screamed as both the scimitar and holy avenger plunged into her, right up to the hilt.

Blood began to leak from Nightmare's mouth, but it wasn't the corrupted blood that Avedon had seen earlier. In the matter of only a second, but what probably felt like an eternity to Avedon's heightened senses, the catlike irises of Nightmare Aurora slowly faded away. A dark mist escaped from the Goddesses body, swirling upwards to the sky. Nightmare had no parting words, no snide comment... she was injured, and her last hope lay in strands of broken Weave.

As Nightmare retreated, Avedon was left with his swords impaled in the body of Luna's firstborn. Falling back off of the blades with a gasp, Aurora fell into Twilight's hooves. In her weakened state and with damage from such a potent weapon, Aurora couldn't possibly heal it all. Luna's blade was specifically designed to damage immortals, which is why it was never to be used unless the situation was dire. She was near death and only had a few moments before she had to shed this mortal form and return to the Weave.

Twilight got all of her attention for the limited time Aurora had left. Aurora whispered to her quietly, "I'm sorry for all of this, m-my love. I... should have been better prepared..." Coughing up a large amount of sparkling purple blood, a sign that she was finally free, she continued speaking. "Your fight is n-not over. You always were the pride of this nations eyes... I-I know y-you'll protect our ponies..."

It was fairly obvious that this form was hard to hold onto, and so it was time to let it go. "Throw S-Starlight in jail after, I must s-speak with her when I-I return... I will be back within the year... I love you." With that being said, Aurora leaned up to plant one last kiss on Twilight's lips for now. She'd be back soon, but she had to go for a while. There was a lot of damage to fix.

Finally being overcome by her wounds, the lifeless Aurora collapsed backwards and let out a final exhale. At first, a flake of Azureflame drifted upwards off of her body. Then another, followed by a dozen. In the span of a few seconds her body was entirely gone, replaced by a drifting pillow of Azureflame which travelled towards the heavens.

High above them, the swirling cloud of darkness was beginning to mix with the patches of shattered Weave.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Twilight was growing more and more frustrated, a little angrier as the battle went on. It hurt to watch her own love to be the one to hurt her. It isn't Aurora doing it, she knows that, but it still hurts all the same. A little more so. A long psychological recovery period is going to be in for them after this fight is finally won. At least she'll have her love back when it is. Aurora can help. They'll need each other more than ever before if they want to do so.

Damaging them like this was even worse. Every spell she cast to harm them was another pull on the strings of her heart. But she couldn't afford to hesitate. She can't afford to do nothing and let the others handle it. The mental contact with Aurora did serve to still her mind slightly, but it little in the grand scheme of things. Starlight really didn't help when accusing her, making herself out to be the victim when she is the perpetrator of all this. Making Twilight the one to blame.

This fight can't go on for much longer. Nightmare, heedless of her abuse to the Weave, was slowly tearing it apart. Magic is beginning to go haywire, as evident by her own pink bubbles sprouting, and the others losing control of their own magic. She didn't exactly dare to start casting anymore. Using a powerful spell could mean some equally powerful backlash... one that she isn't prepared to handle anymore. Nightmare did a pretty good number on her physically. it may not kill her but being decommissioned from the fight would be really bad, considering she is probably the only acting Empress after this.

She glanced over at Avedon, her horn igniting again to try and help out again, but she apparently didn't need to. He had other plans already. The whisper was barely caught by her, eyes widening. "W-What? What are you--no! NO!"

Too late. Avedon did what he had to do, and she was powerless but to watch it happen. She guessed that there would only be one way of freeing Aurora, which is by expelling Nightmare and probably killing them in the process of it. That didn't make it any less soul-crushing to see it happen at all. Twilight went numb upon seeing him bury Night's Wrath and Holy Avenger into them. It did at least have the intended effect; Nightmare was removed from their person... or she fled like the coward that they'll always be. Either way, they were left with Aurora, grievously injured.

She had never moved so fast before to catch them, gently bringing Aurora down. Tears welled up in Twilight's eyes, her pent up anguish finally flowing freely. "It wasn't your fault, Aura... It isn't your fault. Nobody could have... predicted this..." She whispered back. To be totally honest, the thoughts of necromantic magic passed through her mind, transferring her life to keep Aurora alive. They probably would object pretty hard to it.

All she could do is hold her dying marefriend and comfort them in their last few moments of life. At least she'll see them again, guaranteed... it will just be a while. "I-I love you too, Aurora... I love you so much." She cried, hugging them desperately. "Please, just... talk to me, at least, when you come back. Take care of yourself... I'll handle it down here."

One last kiss and they disappeared from her hooves, turning into Azureflame and moving up towards the heavens. Twilight closed her eyes and let out a loud sob, covering her eyes with a foreleg. It didn't last long, merely wiping away the tears. She had to control herself. Seeing as she is Equestria's only real acting Empress at the moment, there isn't any time to grieve. She'll have to later.

Looking up towards the sky, she eyed the darkness spreading among it. What is happening now? "My fight isn't over... I suppose not." Twilight mumbled, her eyes red. She would love nothing more but to throw Starlight in jail right now, but this looks like the problem isn't over yet. They... might still be useful. "What's happening up there? Is it... bonding with the Weave...?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Luna's light and his zealotry wrath quickly faded from Avedon. He stood there, blades in hand, starting at the ravaged body of Aurora. Not his enemy. Not Nightmare Moon. Instead he watched the daughter of his goddess and friend bleeding away. He saw Twilight, a hero of Equestria, suffering as she watched her beloved dying. They had all faced off against Aurora, they all knew what had to be done from the start, how desperately Nightmare Moon would cling...it had always been the charge of Luna's chosen to do what had to be done, what no else would desire to do, and bear that burden in silence. Whether Twilight could have brought herself to strike down her own wife, his actions had spared her that terrible decision...yet watching the fruits of their bitter "victory", that felt a hollow consolation.

He let Twilight and Aurora share their moment, not daring to intrude. For all the world and this night had taken from them, he refused to let anything take that.

After she dissipated away he moved up next to the new Empress.
"Twilight...neither of you deserved this..."

He had said his peace before. But he expressed his regret that this had come to pass as best he could. He doubted she wanted consoling. No, he'd been where she was before. She wanted revenge. As he stared up to the dark clouds above, he knew she'd have her chance soon. Eyes widening slightly in shock. The Weave...without Aurora binding it...no, it was impossible for Nightmare Moon to bind it herself, she didn't have a body, she couldn't...could she? Even if she had survived the assault she'd be injured, wounded and reduced to a shadow. She'd flee, she always fled when she had the chance...
"...if Nightmare Moon still lives, we need to make sure she gets what she does deserve..."

Last edited:
As Aurora died and Nightmare dissipated, Trixie was finally free of the spell holding her. With a gasp she fell onto her knees, clutching her broken ribs and muttering in anger. Starlight's words were still echoing in her head, but for now she had to block them out. If Aurora's warning was anything to go by, they likely still had to finish this fight. Standing up and blocking the pain from her ribs, Trixie shot Starlight an even and cold glare. "We will speak of this later." She said simply, before moving over to Twilight Sparkle.

The truth was that Trixie needed Starlight on her A game. Starting an argument now might cost them the fight, they could worry about it later. For now they had to prepare for the upcoming battle, and Trixie wanted to check up on Twilight quickly. Moving over to Twilight, Trixie placed a hoof on her shoulder and smiled as gently as she could through the searing pain in her ribs. "Aurora will be back, Twi. If you need to talk, I'm always here."

Glancing up at the sky, Trixie had no real answer for Twilight. It was beginning to look like the patches of Azureflame in the sky were sealing closed, but Nightmare was still up there swirling around.

Underneath the heroes, the scorched grass and blasted ground began to reform. The earth itself shook and shifted back into what it looked like before the titanic battle. The grass regrew, growing out and tickling around their hooves. The heroes would feel magic emanating from the newly grown grass, seeping into their bodies. Wounds sealed closed from the magic, bones snapped back into place. Their magical reservoirs were replenished. A voice accompanied this renewal of nature and their bodies. "I cannot directly assist in this battle, but take what little power I have to give."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Starlight watched the life leave Aurora's body, and any trace of red mist near her horn fizzled out. She felt sick. Saving Aurora's life had been her sole motivation, behind the hatred and fury. She heard Trixie's words but couldn't even look her wife in the eye. She had tried to keep fighting, because as long as she was fighting, all her thoughts were directed elsewhere. But now the fighting had temporarily stopped, and the intrusive, introspective thoughts, the weight of what had happened today, was washing down on her.

All she wanted to do right now was hug Twilight and profess her apologies, but that's the last thing Twilight would want. If, at this moment, Starlight was offered the choice to stop existing, she'd have taken it. The shame and loss was choking her, and making it hard to breathe.

But she couldn't hang her head. They were right. The fight wasn't over yet. Starlight needed to hold it together a little bit longer. She suddenly felt a warm feeling of healing nature agic and heard a voice in her head. It brought her no comfort, but it gave her much-needed focus. She steeled herself, and looked up at the Weave. All that there was left to fight for was to prevent Nightmare from ever causing this much pain again, and that was something worth fighting for.

As the party stared up at the Weave, Aurora's voice once again filled their minds. "I will do what I can from up here to ensure she has no access to magic. However, her primordial form has already bonded with the Azureflame. I know not what the outcome of such a fusion will be, but do not be surprised if some of your magics are ineffective. I will aid however I can."

And with that being said, Aurora's voice once again disappeared. The Goddess of Magic had a lot to do, and her work was already beginning. The holes in the sky began to slowly close, the jets of Azureflame shooting from them lessening as time went on. The landscape was scorched and broken, with areas of Dead Magic littered about thanks to the leaking of Azureflame.

As the Weave closed, Nightmare's broken form moved away and entered their reality once more. The swirling mass of darkness was crackling with azure energy, like flaming lightning dancing across its body.

With the fighting now over, Titania let the adrenaline leave her limbs. The now lifeless body of Aurora was before them. She decided to deactivate her sword, put it away and start cleaning and reloading her gun. As she finished reloading her gun there was a glow from beneath her and everyone else. It ended up healing everyone and Titania could feel that she could use her spell again. With her healed up and ready, she took out her Sun Blade and activated it again. The fight was far from over and she didn’t want to be unprepared.

HP 186/186
AC 18
Grit 3/4
Action Surge 1/2
Second Wind 1/1
Racial Spell 1/1

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Avedon was never truly a sorcerer, his magic came from his faith and his instincts. He'd have to see how much an effect that managed to have. He looked to Twilight, Trixie, and Starlight.
"We'll need to approach her with a wide variety of spells to get an idea of her limits as early as we can. If even the goddess of magic is unsure what Nightmare can do in this form any information we can get will be critical. Whatever she's become, we've bested her before and can do so again. Twilight, Trixie, put aside any quarrels about Starlight's actions. Starlight, put aside any doubts of your own ability or your failings. This is Nightmare Moon. All your hostility, all your fears - she will manifest them. She will come at you in your soul and heart wherever she finds you weakest. Just remember we are not here for ourselves. The whole of the world rests on what we do now and each one of us carries that burden equally. Who we are and what we've done before now means nothing. It will all come undone if we lose here. You are the wills of this world standing adamant against the dark, you are the hope of ponies everywhere this night. Nothing else matters now but that we stand victorious."

Last edited:
Looking over at Avedon, Trixie had a wide grin across her face. Which meant she was probably about to do something stupid. Her words just confirmed that. "Oh boy here I go, summoning demons again!" She said with complete seriousness as a dark red hellish flame erupted from her horn and hit the ground, tearing open a portal to the Hell's. Screams and cries of terror could be heard through it, and a giant monstrosity emerged from the portal before it sealed closed. The beast stood roughly 12 feet tall and looked around hungrily, though it was bound to its summoner.
draegloth.png
Up above them, the swirling mass of darkness and Azureflame began to descend as the Weave closed. Aurora had blocked them off now, but the Primordial had already drank in much of the Weave's essence. The swirling cloud of darkness and Azureflame touched down ahead of them, slowly beginning to take on the rough outline of a pony. It was a pitch black pony with Azureflame swirling around its body, as well as Azure flickers for eyes. It looked very similar to the Tantabus, and stood even taller... roughly around 70 feet in height.

"Now I will show you the true power of a Primordial. You should have walked away when you had the chance..." Nightmare's voice echoed in their mind, and no amount of mental blockades could keep out the voice. It pierced into them like a dagger into flesh. It was painful. And most of all, the realization of a creeping insanity began to set in. No mortal was meant to face a creature like this, who's very existence twisted the minds of onlookers.

The demon looked around wildly and suddenly wondered why it was here. It knew its own limitations, and this was a guaranteed death. At that point, it suddenly realized why it was here... to act as a distraction for the Primordial. It looked over at the mortals and snarled, but couldn't really do anything about it while bound as such. Besides, these mortals were far too powerful for it to attack!

Everybody roll initiative and post it in the Discord chat

Standing there highlighted by the flickering Azureflame, Nightmare looked around at the mortals assembled in defiance before her. The Azureflame began to coalesce around her, before expanding outward."Embrace your end!" Nightmare cried out as the Azureflame washed over the party. The flames licked at their flesh, singing it as it washed over them. More terribly however, the Azureflame tied into the Weave began to prematurely age them, causing their bodies to slow down ever so slightly!

The flames now pouring over them were an impure version of the Weave, with Nightmare's own essence mixed in. The mortals could feel the Primordial's energy beginning to seep into their mind, clouding their thoughts and weakening their mental fortitude.

EMBRACE ETERNITY: All characters must succeed on a DC 23 Constitution saving throw, taking 35 damage on a failed saving throw or 17 on a success. On a failed save they also age 3 years, or 1 year on a success. Finally a creature gains 1 level of Primordial Insanity on a failed save. A creature immune to the effects of aging automatically succeeds on their saving throw.

Wisps of dark energy reached out from Nightmare's form as it looked over at Avedon. He had been the one to kill her before, and she was not going to take him lightly this time. Raising a massive hoof to point at him, Avedon could suddenly feel something very strange happening to his body. His heart... beat? Once, twice... and then it stopped beating, and the form of Nightmare looked almost annoyed.

One of the wisps of dark energy reached out for Starlight, coiling around her leg like a snake. The Azureflame once again burned her flesh, but more horribly than that she could feel her body aging rapidly once more. What had once been barely noticeable wrinkles turned deeper as her flesh began to deteriorate.

STARLIGHT: Hit with a 32 for 31 points of damage. Starlight ages 3 years.

------------------------
Nightmare
AC: 22
HP: ???

Trixie
AC: 14
HP: 171/206
Primordial Insanity: 1/6

Novice: 8/8
Apprentice: 4/4
Expert: 1/2
Master: 1/1

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Twilight was really getting tired of Nightmare pulling this 'not dying' bullshit over and over. Actually, she is getting tired of a lot of villains doing that. Just stay down and fuck off for once. She doesn't understand this whole thing these ponies have with trying to take over Equestria anyway. It doesn't work. It literally has never worked except for Discord a single time. Why did it work for him? He is a hell of a lot more powerful than any of the others could wish to be.

Sighing heavily, she fixed Nightmare with a disgruntled stare. "Power of a Primordial? The power of being a fraud. All you've shown is that you're a failure at using the powers of others. The most powerful deity in the land under your control... and you still couldn't do it. You fail over and over and over. When have you actually done something right? Don't any of you ever get tired of this same song and dance!? I sure am, so just die already!"

Constitution Roll: 25

The effects of the Azureflame was resisted by Twilight... for now. She stood against it and let it wash over, unaffected by the aging. Her patience for this sort of situation happening is really wearing this at this point. First, she reached out to them, trying to entrap Nightmare. It might give the close-ranged combatants an opening to do some damage. Her horn glowed with fire once more, lobbing a ball of it at Nightmare. This has worked before and she still has no reason to believe that the arcane would be of any use still. The Azureflame might still protect them from that brand of magic.

Twilight Sparkle's AttackHold Monster
Choose any creature that you can see within range. The target must succeed on an Intelligence saving throw or be paralyzed for the duration. At the end of each of its turns, the target can make another Intelligence saving throw. On a success, the spell ends on the target. Melee attacks against paralyzed targets automatically critical hit, and are made with advantage.

Heightened Spell: Nightmare has Disadvantage for this saving throw.

Saving Throw: 19.

Bonus Action: Fireball
To-hit: 22 (11, +11)
Damage: 90 Fire damage.

Twilight Sparkle's StatsHP: 178/178
AC: 16

Sorcery Points: 17/20
Novice Slots: 8/8
Apprentice Slots: 3/4
Expert Slots: 1/2
Master Slots: 1/1

Buffs/Debuffs
N/A

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
It was rather fitting that the angry Twilight Sparkle was the first one to do any real damage to Nightmare. As the ball of flame streaked towards the Primordial and exploded, Nightmare evaporated into a fine mist and reformed a little bit away from the explosion. The blast still hit her, but it certainly didn't have the effect that Twilight was hoping for. On the same note, the entrapment spell that she tried to do didn't quite land. Nightmare fought against it for a few moments, her willpower straining against Twilight's magic before eventually overcoming her.

Twilight could see the Azureflame of Nightmare's eyes staring at her, before flicking over to Trixie who was in the middle of spellcasting. Trixie's spell had been almost complete, when suddenly it dropped and all expression left her face. With a hauntingly blank expression, Trixie fell back into casting a spell. When the spell was complete, a bead of fire energy shot out from Trixie's horn... and landed in the middle of the group! She even included herself in the blast, the flames washing over her and burning her coat and flesh. Despite this, she did not react in the slightest. It's like she was possessed.

ALL PLAYERS: All players please make a DC 19 Dexterity saving throw, taking 27 fire damage on a failed save or 13 on a successful one.

As the flames faded away, the blank expression on Trixie's face faded. Looking around wildly, she brought a hoof up to her mouth in shock. ".... I'm so sorry! I didn't... that wasn't..." With a growl, she stopped speaking. There was nothing to be said, and focusing on it right now wouldn't help.

Falling back into her spellcasting, a large boulder was pulled out of the ground in front of her and began to spin rapidly, fire blazing along its surface. When the pyroblast was ready, Trixie let it fly at Nightmare who it hit with a satisfying thud! Unfortunately the Primordial was not knocked down from the impact, in fact the boulder passed right through her and left a smoking hole instead.

----------------------------
Nightmare

Trixie
HP: 144/206

Apprentice: 3/4
Expert: 0/2

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Avedon stumbled a bit as he felt his heart stir. It'd been so long it was disorienting....but for better or worse Nightmare Moon had made his kind all those ages ago. She had set to motion something that grew beyond her control. Nightmare Moon adored possessing deities and playing at god-hood, and now she learned why some of those deities stayed seperate from the material planes, living in fear of what they had created. The curse of undeath she had forced on his kind would not be undone so easily. Even as he mourned that tiny flicker of life that now left once again.

He was snapped out of it by a rush of fire born of Trixie, barely having time to react as he swung his shield into the fire to send the wave of flame scattering to the side, singing his wings and dancing across his armors. Avedon bit back a curse at her, this was simply how Nightmare Moon worked. He instead took his shield, still blazing with the heat of Trixie's fireball to slam into Nightmare Moon as he charged forward. He kept his guard up, this was not the same Nightmare they fought. This was like nothing anyone had fought perhaps... His shadow slipped off his form, coalescing into the image of Luna, a small memento for his dead friend as it launched an attack with it's scimitars while he kept his shield up as the embers and glow slowly faded from it.
"All that unbound power, all that rage...is there even any of your mind left in this form Nightmare?"

Action:
Shadow Assassin (Concentration - 10/10)
Hit 26 (14+12)
Damage: 18 Shadow Damage

Bonus Action:
Vow of Enmity - Nightmare Moon (10/10)

AC: 23
HP: 215/228
Cloak of Displacement - Disadvantage on all Attack Rolls until damaged. Resets at the start of Avedon's turn.

Novice: 3/4
Apprentice: 2/2
Expert: 2/2

Buffs
Aura of Protection
Allies gain +6 to their saving throws and are immune to fear and diseases.

Holy Avenger
Allies gain advantage against spells and magical effects except for Epic level spells.

Last edited:
Avedon Avedon
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Avedon's shadowy version of Luna seemed to take on a life of its own as it struck at Nightmare, leaving deep gouges where the scimitars cut into. Nightmare let out a startled yelp and turned to strike the creature, though her form passed harmlessly through it. Turning back to Avedon with deep rage burning in her eyes, the Primordial focused her piercing gaze on him. Avedon could once again feel his heart attempting to beat, as strange a feeling now as it was before. This time, however, Nightmare was focusing harder on trying to restore his life.

"I do not want to kill you... I want to watch you grow old and decrepit in front of me... unable to fight back... a fate worse than death for one like you." Nightmare's voice bellowed out as her magic strained against Avedon's curse, attempting to momentarily break it.

AVEDON: Make a DC 21 Wisdom saving throw, or begin to age again. You can repeat this saving throw whenever you gain 1 year of age or more, but only once per turn.

----------------------------
Nightmare

Trixie

As the Azureflames washed over the party, Titania felt herself age. She didn’t know by how much but it happened. “Well...this is new.” She said, referring to the spell that had aged her, as another spell from Trixie landed in the middle of the party. She was able to avoid most of the damage that came from the spell thankfully. “Mind where you aim that spell dear? I don’t think we want to die just yet.”

With that Titania launched herself at Nightmare Moon to begin her attack.

Rolls

Saving rolls

Con Save (Advantage)

Roll 1: 12+3+6=21
Roll 2: 20+3+6=29 Succeed

Dex Save (Advantage)

Roll 1: 2+5+6+6=19
Roll 2: 13+5+6+6=30 Succeed

Attack rolls

Quickdraw Palm Pistol attack: 15+5+6=26 Hit
Sun Blade Normal Attack: 4+4+6+2=16 Miss
Sun Blade Extra Attack 1: 10+4+6+2+5=27 Hit
Sun Blade Extra Attack 2: 2+4+6+2+5=19 Miss
Sun Blade Extra Attack 3: 20+4+6+2+5+5=42 Hit

Damage rolls

Quickdraw Palm Pistol attack: 1+5=6
Sun Blade Extra Attack 1: 2+4+2=8
Sun Blade Extra Attack 3: 8+8+4+2=22

HP 186/186 - 156/186
AC 18
Grit 4/4
Action Surge 2/2
Second Wind 1/1
Racial Spell 1/1
Age 25 - 26

Last edited:
Surprisingly, the massive cloud of darkness that was Nightmare withdrew from Titania's palm pistol, and the strikes from her Sun Blade left streaks of light in the cloudy darkness. Although showing no real signs of injury or pain, the group could tell that the Primordial was beginning to weaken. The looming cloud of darkness before them was slowly beginning to grow lighter as it weakened.

Like a coiled snake, a lash of darkness shot out towards Starlight Glimmer. The attack was quicker than lightning and slammed hard into Starlight's side, sending the spellcaster tumbling several dozen feet away from the impact! Additionally the impact left a disgusting mass of darkness on Starlight's side, which began to seep into her skin.

STARLIGHT: Critically hit. Take 58 bludgeoning damage, age by 5 years, and gain 2 levels of Primordial Insanity. While under the effects of 2 levels of Primordial Insanity you are unable to Disengage, and lose all resistance and immunity to Psychic/Shadow damage.

----------------
Nightmare

Trixie

Con Save: 27

Starlight felt the energy attempt to violate her mind. Even though Starlight was trying her hardest to shut it out, the pain was unreal. She was so distracted by the mental assault, she didn't notice a wisp of evil magic wrapping around her leg and burning at her very essence. She screamed and shook it free, but damae was already done, physically and mentally. She was shaken.

Another attack slammed into her side and sent her sprawling to the ground. She felt a burning in her side followed by more of that searing pain that hurt the inside as well as the out. This was the wake up call she needed. Brimming with hatred for Nightmare. For all that had been taken already and all the could be taken if they failed today, she reared up and fired as many fireballs as she could muster in a crazed, frantic barrage. No longer was Starlight wasting time thinking, or allowing her guilt to distract her. She needed to hit Nightmare as hard and as fast as possible!

Action: Arcane Missile Barrage - Damage changed to Fire
Damage: 72
(You unleash a devestating barrage of fifteen arcane missiles at your enemy. These missiles can strike the same target, or different targets. Each missile does 1d4+1 damage. At caster levels 13, 15, 17, 19 and 20 you gain an additional missile.)

Bonus Action: Scorch - Attack roll: 29 (18+11)
Damage: 16
(You let out a quick burst of fire to singe an opponent. Make a spell attack roll against them, dealing 1d4 damage on a successful hit. This damage increases by 1d4 at levels 4, 7, 10 and 13.)

-----

HP: 83/168
AC: 18
Protective Barrier: 15/26
Arcane Recovery: 10
Primordial Insanity: 2

Spell Slots:
7/8
4/4
2/3
1/1

Buffs/Debuffs:
Spell Resistance - Advantage on saving throws against Spells and other magical effects.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Avedon Avedon Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Sensing the Epic power emanating from Starlight's horn, the seventy-foot tall shadowy form of Nightmare turned to face her. The shadows seemed to coalesce into a more distinctive pony shape as Starlight's magic was discharged, the wings of the shadowy shape coming forward to form a sort of shield. As the blast of fire and twenty miniature missiles impacted the shadows, the form flickered momentarily. It was obvious that such a move injured Nightmare, though she quickly shook the pain away. "IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN MUSTER?!?" She bellowed out, her words twisted and echoing across the battlefield like a distorted symphony.

As Nightmares voice washed over them, the characters who'd been previously touched by her darkness could feel their world shaking. Her voice was laced with dark magic, which seeped into the mind of those she had already infected. It began to mutilate their thoughts, turning fears in their minds into physical threats around them which turned to strike at them. And then, just as soon as they'd come, the apparitions were gone.

First Action: Revel In Madness (ALL CHARACTERS): Everybody must make a DC 24 Intelligence Saving Throw. On a failed save, characters gain 1 level of Primordial Insanity, and take 22 psychic damage PER level of Primordial Insanity. On a successful save they gain 1 level of Primordial Insanity and take 11 psychic damage PER level of Primordial Insanity. In addition, gain 1 year of age for every 10 points of damage.

As the characters reeled from the Primordial's influence on their mind, Nightmare turned her attention to Twilight Sparkle. This infuriating pest had been constantly biting her, constantly a thorn in her side. Whenever Twilight was around, her plans seemed to fall apart. For to long had Nightmare sat by and focused her efforts on the others... it was time for Twilight to suffer for her actions. Nightmare had no words for the demi-alicorn, instead simply reaching out a shadowy foreleg towards Twilight.

A portal tore open in front of Twilight, and through it she could see the end of an era from so long ago. Massive cities of splendor, falling from the sky. The screams and panic of the mortals as their civilization crashed down around them, children digging through the rubble to try and find their parents while parents stumbled around looking for their children. A breathtaking curtain of Azureflame washing across the land and killing millions, caused by the untimely death of its guardian.

The portal seemed to speak to Twilight, urging her to simply step through and help ease the pain. She could help save Equestria, help avenge Aurora and perhaps even start a life with her earlier than she had...

Mythic Action: Stricken Across Time (TWILIGHT): Make a DC 24 Wisdom saving throw, or be pulled into the portal and across time. At the START of Twilight's turn, she takes 32 psychic damage from the traumatic time shifting. At the END of Twilight's turn, she must make another DC 24 Wisdom saving throw; ending the effect on a success, or again being catapulted through time.

Nightmare seemed to sense that Trixie was becoming weak, and she knew that she could use Trixie as a bargaining chip for at least Starlight Glimmer, possibly Avedon as well. A shadowy tendril lashed out again, striking the weakened Sorcerer who let out a cry of pain and visibly aged again.

----------------
Nightmare

Trixie
HP: 72/206
Primordial Insanity: 2/6

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
While Twilight was pretty resilient to Nightmare before, being fully able to resist all of their previous effects, something was a little bit different here. Their voice made an impact on her, messing with her mind, causing her to envision many of the past threats that came into her life. Chrysalis, Tirek, Cozy Glow (alicorn form because they're literally irrelevant otherwise), and others as well. They struck out at her, with no real physical damage, but rather attacking her mental state instead. She flinched away from it all, yelling, but nothing was there at all. A figment of her imagination.

She managed to conjure up a spell to help them out, sending some bolts of arcane magic at Nightmare that, oddly enough, didn't deal arcane damage at all. Rather, they were electrocuting, sending volts of lightning through Nightmare's body, alongside a cantrip blast of nature magic. It was so powerful that revitalizing energy erupted from Nightmare, striking the rest of Twilight's allies, healing them.

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Shadeofshade Shadeofshade Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Everybody is healed for 48.

If that wasn't the worst of it, there was suddenly a portal now in front of her, of a time far worse than their own. While she normally would look at that and immediately recoil away from it, something different was playing out. A glaze seemed to come over Twilight's eyes at the moment. The whispers... something that can ease the pain. Avenge Aurora, save Equestria. Start a life much earlier with them, see history unfold. That is a fairly tempting promise. Her traumatized mind had difficulty refuting it at the moment... so Twilight stepped through into the portal.

She came out moments later, utterly horrified. That's okay because she got pulled into the portal again and went for another trip. Darn. Unlucky.

Twilight Sparkle's AttackArcane Missiles
To-hit
: 18
Damage: 21

Bonus Action: Balance Cantrip
To-hit
: 31 CRITICAL HIT
Damage: 48

Twilight Sparkle's StatsHP: 124/178
Primordial Insanity: 1

Sorcery Points: 17/20