• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MLP - Age of Exploration (Discord Chat Available)

Who Is Best Princess?

• A) Luna

• B) A

• C) B

• D) That sun one

Results are only viewable after voting.
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Rainbows way of describing her actually made Rose laugh. There are many ways that Rose would describe herself, but not a single one of them included the word 'kind' in it. Perhaps that actually meant she was better than she thought she was, because she was willing to judge her actions so harshly.

"I was given them for my adventuring career by Starstreak. That's 'the hippogriff' you're talking about. She is only the single most important inventor of our lifetime, Rainbow Dash." Rose said with a little arched eyebrow directed at Rainbow. Still she didn't really care if Rainbow knew her name or not; it wasn't worth being annoyed over. She didn't even work with Star anymore.

When asked if she wanted help, Rose chuckled a little anand shook her head. "Oh no, I'm alright. Truth be told I was just about to take a break and go for a beer. Would you like one?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"Starstreak. Okay. I'm not all that interested in all the techie stuff. More Twilight's thing, really. That doesn't really stop me from hearing about them in some form." Rainbow amended herself quickly enough. She wasn't entirely sure who this hippogriff was, apparently very important according to Rose. Not that any pony was really just 'unimportant' in any sense. Everybody has a job, everybody has a purpose. Kinda blatantly obvious by the cutie marks.

She froze momentarily at the mention of a beer... and then shook her head. "I'll go hang out, but I'm not very much of a drinker. Bad experiences with the stuff." That's not really wrong, is it? While Rainbow sure wasn't the one that was drinking to the point of it being a problem, it still became her problem. Sort of. Any of Spitfire's problems are also her problems by default. They're in it together!

If she is going to keep Spitfire from drinking, that means no drinking herself. Pretty hypocritical to drink when they can't. She stepped off from the fence. "Guessing you wanna head to the local bar in town, right?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Rose shot Rainbow a surprised look. Not a judging or offended look in the slightest, but certainly a surprised one. "You... don't want a drink? Huh. I really nailed you for a drinker." Rose just shrugged it off and chuckled at the idea of going into the bar in town. "Oh no, I plan on staying right here. I have work to do. A short break never killed anypony though."

With that being said, Rose motioned for Rainbow to follow her and quickly made her way inside. Once inside, Rose grabbed herself a beer out of the fridge and then turned to look at Rainbow. "... What do you want to drink? Water? Coffee? The blood of your enemies? I can supply almost all of that. We're out of coffee though." What a stupid joke, Rose loved that one. She ended up laughing at her own joke, like a very cool mare.

Whatever Rainbow asked for, Rose got her a glass of it and then looked a bit more serious. "... So why are you here, Rainbow? It seems strange that you'd drop by while Fluttershy is gone, when we've never really spoken before. Do you just want to get to know me, or...?"

Avedon Avedon
Luna didn't really like the sound of any of this either. She made that known by shooting a slight frown at Nightfall, which only Nightfall would really be able to see because they knew each other so well. Luna's frown was like barely a twitch of the mouth. Before anypony else could speak... Luna pointed at Aurelia. "And what of you, Vampire Countess? What could you do for Avedon?"

Aurelia was struck dead(er) by that question. She had not been expecting that question. She figured the Angel or Devil would have their way, but to be asked that really took her by surprise. Aurelia took a split second to compose herself and then smiled her usual icy smile. "Me? I could turn him. If I did so, Avedon would be much the same as he was in life, simply... darker. But for a soul like him, there may be no real emotional change. Being a vampire does not mean you cannot love, but the emotions are deadened. He would also have to fight the urge to feed, unless it's something he wishes to do."

Aurelia just kind of shrugged. "I suppose he wouldn't change very much, would he? He'd merely be adopting a new conviction; the conviction to not feed."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
With the land and property sold, Lucian had quite a lot of bits to spare. A castle was no joke, and the Crown had happily bought the land back. After having done that, the angel made his way back to the Apple farm and touched down right beside Applejack. Then hugged her very tightly! He lifted her off the ground and then set her back down with a wide smile.

"It's doooone! The next step would be to build a new house beside your own. Applebloom talked to you about that plan, yes?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Rainbow shrugged her shoulders. "Alcohol and me have never really clicked. Beyond that, my marefriend had some issues with it, so I just don't do it myself. It would be hypocritical as hell and I don't want to risk giving her the temptations." And that's pretty much where she left it. Nothing more to say about the topic because she didn't want to give away too much. "Also, coff—water, please."

What a dirty little drink, making her think they had some coffee. Rainbow is fairly fond of coffee... Spitfire, probably not so fond of how hyper it gets her. Hey, the moment they start making the coffee taste like shit again, that's when she'll leave the stuff for good. Otherwise, it tastes good when brewed right, it feels good to have that burst of energy, plus the caffeine helps with performances. Better reaction speed and all that junk.

Taking the glass, she smiled at them. "Well... I won't lie and say there weren't some other thoughts on my mind, but that's only 20% of my brain. The other 80% was legitimately wanted to get to know you. It'd be a damn shame if we didn't get along when I'm best friends with Fluttershy, y'know?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"Well, if those thoughts in that 20% of your brain want to come out, they can. You can always talk to me about anything. I always try to be like my mother, open with everybody... doesn't always work for me, but I try. And hey, I've been wanting to get to know you for months now. I always wanted to say; thanks for taking care of Flutts. You and your friend group as a whole really helped her. Although I think you all helped each other."

She chuckled a little and quickly said, "By the way, I'm sorry about Spitfire. I know the media used to say she was in and out of rehab all the time, and I know she got kicked out of the Wonderbolts... I really hope she's doing better now." Rose smiled softly at Rainbow, "But seeing as how she has you to help her, I am sure she will be fine. You two are like Equestria's premier pegasus couple. The two best fliers in the world and all that? Awesome."

"Really though, I don't know many ponies who'd give up drinking just for their significant other, especially when they have the opportunity to drink without their partner being around. That's really great of you. The element suits you, hmm?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Rainbow smiled slightly. "Maybe eventually. That 20% is still processing what I want to actually do with the thoughts yet." Whatever the case may be... Spitfire can't know. They're not likely to hate her or anything, but they wouldn't approve, that's for damn sure. Having her father's blood on her hooves would make for some tense ground between them. Which... is why she is even hesitating at all. Contemplating whether it really is worth possibly upsetting them like that.

Which also made her think of Rose. They used a bandit. For a little bit, an adventurer as well, until they suddenly came back to Ponyville one day. Pinkie Pie 'Welcome Back!' party and all that. "Spitfire has... She was surrounded by some terrible ponies back then. One in particular who was the one to get her drinking and doing drugs, then keeping her like that so they could control her." A grin was put on her face. "She's really strong. Stronger than me by a long shot. If I had been in that situation... I don't think I coulda done what she did."

Rainbow took took a big chug of her water. "The real reason I don't drink? I hold myself to the same standard that I hold Spitfire up to. If I'm not going to let her drink—not that she really wants to, either, but ya know, relapsing has happened to her before—I'm not drinking as well. Which isn't even an issue for me because I find the stuff only barely tolerable at best. The rest makes me wanna vomit."

She tapped her hooves against her glass, holding it with her wing. "Ah... Spitfire is doing a lot better now than she was back then. We're both stable, life is going great. Got a flight team up and coming where we both own it, no more of that overworking herself nonsense. We can set the bar and we can set our own rules. Still trying to find a name for it..."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Spitfire may not hate Rainbow after, but would she like her still? Spitfire always made it rather clear that she doesn't want Rainbow to maim her father. Prison was enough for him, he didn't deserve to die. At least, Spitfire didn't think he did. But he totally absolutely did. That guy was a monster. Plus with him free that meant not only was Spitfire possibly in danger, though she can handle herself, her mother is in danger as well.

"As they say, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. There's truth in that saying. But... to be strong, you need ponies to lean on. Very few ponies can remain vigilant without any support from others. At least in my experience..." Rose sipped at her beer and took a seat at the counter, across from Rainbow Dash.

Rose wasn't a fool, she could tell Rainbow had something dark on her mind. Rose had spent just about 9 years in a gang of outlaws, she was incredibly good at reading motives and feelings. You kind of had to learn how to do so in that environment. She could tell that Rainbow was thinking about something that was likely eating her up inside. But it was also not Rose's problem. Rainbow would talk when she wanted to talk, if she did at all.

"I am glad life is finally settling down for the two of you. I am not the best at names, but how about... uh..." Rose tapped a hoof to her chin and frowned for a moment as she thought it over. "Well, let's see. You've got Rainbow Dash, and Spitfire. Rainbow and Fire would be a good thing to try and find out. RainbowFire. That's my ship name for you two now."

Rose bit her lip and hummed. "Rainbow... Chromatic? Prismatic? Fire... Blaze? Conflagration?"

"Prismatic Blazes? Chromatic Conflagrations? Wow that sounds like a new spell name. Prismatic Angels?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
That's the real struggle with it. Trying to decide whether it is worth testing their relationship once again or not. They had this entire conversation before. Rainbow almost literally held Cloud Chaser's life in her hooves before... but that time, she couldn't do it. Not to Spitfire before, and not in front of Spitfire the second time. The choice was there; will she let him live or will she do the deed? She couldn't put Spitfire through that sort of pain. Which makes this even more difficult. Spitfire trusts her, yes... but how would she manage it well enough that nobody ever knows who did it?

Spitfire would probably immediately look at her as a prime suspect for such a murder. The other only people who might do it would be Demon's Claw. Maybe she disguises herself, but there is no telling what would happen next. The smallest slip-up could mean telling the whole world what happened. Would they be able to trust her again, knowing she went behind their back to murder their father? ... Probably not.

"Prismatic Angels sounds kinda good. I was always thinking of something more fire related." Rainbow hummed, taking another drink of her water, which was pretty much empty now. Two big gulps and she had practically drained it entirely. "Chromaflagration? Nah, that sounds stupid. Also, RainbowFire is what we've been calling ourselves for a while."

She set her glass down and let out a small sigh. "Platinum Rose, can you keep a secret? Nopony can know what I'm about to tell you."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Sombra was tired of living under the shadow of... Mythic? Apparently Aurora knew this pony, but currently that didn't matter much to Sombra. He could practically feel the force of Mythic's anger as he spoke, and merely laughed. Anypony could justifiably think Sombra had lost his mind in the face or mortal danger, but he was really just happy to at least have a chance at revenge.

However, it was very short lived,and he found himself looking at his own family. Aurora could see his shields falter for a moment. He'd stare at her, his eyes wide as his shield continued to fizzle and fade in and out. He took a step back, his eyes narrowing a bit, "Platinum... You... You're..." He'd mumble. Something about seeing his family again was messing with him, and he'd let out a worried wicker, stepping back further. Shaking his head, he'd stomp his hoof down, growling deeply, "Stay back." He'd demand, glaring at the false.

He'd glance around, wondering where Mythic was, all while trying to not look at his dead family. He didn't want to look. He didn't want to think about it, so he chose to focus on the combat.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Rose kindly took Rainbow's glass and refilled it with more water, before handing it back. She did all of this without standing up, because... telekinesis is amazing. She set the water back down in front of Rainbow and smiled a bit. "Blazing Angels? That isn't a bad one. Spitfire does make a trail of fire when she flies, right?" Rose asked with a slight furrowing of her eyebrows. She had never actually seen a Wonderbolts show, but she was fairly certain she'd seen pictures of it before.

When Rainbow Dash asked if she could keep a secret, Rose's whole demeanour completely changed. She went from warm and inviting to just cold. "You are a friend of Fluttershy's. I would do anything for you. But, if you're going to play this game Rainbow... I suggest you think deeply about it first. It does not take a genius to understand what you're about to say. Stay silent a moment."

Rose quickly used her telekinesis to close every window and blind around them, so that nopony could hear or see what might be said. Then she simply sat back and tapped her hooves together.

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
Oh, these spirits were certainly not false. Mythic had went ahead and just torn them from the afterlife to torment Sombra with. He wasn't looking to end this swiftly, which was a foolish idea but he wanted his fallen apprentice to suffer first. Melody was the one to step up next and the apparition gently grabbed hold of Sombra's leg.

"Daddy, you have to come with us. It's very lonely and dark where we are..." his daughter said in an echoing voice, holding tightly onto his leg now. "Please daddy..." was the last words Sombra would ever hear from her daughter, because her spirit was suddenly torn apart with an unearthly wail and faded away.

Mythic's shadowy form spoke again. "One soul gone, because you refused to play along. What shall become of the other tw-"

Mythic was silenced as Aurora did something he thought impossible. Seeing Sombra's daughter torn away like that had sparked something inside of the Goddess and she shoved her hoof through the crackling lightning, along with her necklace. The artifact clanged to the ground just beside Sombra. When Aurora pulled her hoof back, Sombra could see that it was horribly damaged and most of her leg below the knee was gone.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Sombra took a step back, still looking around when he felt his daughter grab his leg. His head snapped down, looking at her.

She was so small compared to him. She was so delicate. He couldn't help but smile at her, seemingly having forgotten there was even a battle going on, " Melody... I... I missed you..." He'd mutter softly, reaching out to touch her cheek. Then, he watched her face contort with agony, before she was suddenly ripped out of existence. There was a sharp intake of air, and Sombra's chest hitched violently as he tried to reach out with his magic, grabbing at nothing. He couldn't believe what had just happened. He'd lost his daughter for a second time, except the person behind it was right here. His eyes snapped to Aurora as he heard Mythic's words die off.

Aurora, with only half of the leg remaining, had given him his chance.

His eyes locked onto the necklace, and Aurora could see something snap in Sombra. Something that had likely been in check for a long time now. Sombra's head had tilt to the side fast enough that his neck popped a few times. He'd reach out quickly with his magic, snatching up the necklace in his magic, pulling it to himself quickly, before whipping around to look at Mythic, "You... You..." He sounded like he was fighting against himself not to lose it further, "I... You... You damnable FUCKING BASTARD!" Sombra would bellow, before stepping forward, melting into his own shadow.

He'd launch out of the dark shadows of the room, the necklace around his neck now as he seemed to fly through the air. The air around his horn crackled violently as his eyes narrowed, taint magic wisping out from his eyes as he roared out in anger. There was a loud thrum as a large ball of black energy shot forth from his horn, arcs of black energy coming off of it, scorching whatever it hit as it hurdled towards Mythic!

Thankfully, Aurora was a deity. That meant her leg was already pretty much fixed, just a short second later. Unfortunately the damage that had been inflicted on her was by the Negative Weave, something that was created to be opposite herself. As a result her wound did not close the way it should have. While her fur regrew properly, there was black scars running from her fetlock to her knee.

And she was still crying in pain because the negative energy coursing through her hurt so much. Her leg being lost wasn't the painful part, the Negative Weave stabbing into her soul was. It felt like the opposite of everything she was supposed to feel!

Sombra's attack was powerful and backed by an artifact, but it was simply the wrong kind of attack. As the ball of energy was launched forward, Mythic materialized once again but this time appeared right in front of the ball of dark energy. As the ball quickly soared towards him, Mythic simply backhanded it right back at Sombra, where it exploded. "Dark magic, apprentice? Against me? You must be joking. You'd have better luck hitting Celestia with the sun."

In retaliation, a line of thin green magic burst from Mythic's horn and struck Sombra! It was a disintegration beam. The line of magic was so small that it was barely perceptible, which did not do justice to its true power. Such a beam of magic could easily disintegrate the top of a mountain!

"Block it with the amulet!" Aurora cried out, in between gasps of pain.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Applejack wasn't used to being the one receiving the comically strong hug instead of giving it. She chuckled and wrestled a hoof free to pat his shoulder. "Alright, alright. That's enough. S'good to see yuh too."

After being set down and straightening her hat, AJ looked out over the farm, to the spot where the house would be built. "She sure did," Applejack answered. "Building a house won't take no doing for the Apple family. Heck, it'd give you a chance to meet them all finally."

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
"... Huh. Most of the time when I spit a pony out of the ground, they start crying or puking. Even my girlfriend still wretches and she's done it dozens of times. You're a tough one, aren't you?" Silva said with an impressed smile at Titania.

It was not often that ponies made it through her dirtport in one piece! "We can go again later. For now let me show you to your room, yes?"

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
"I had been kind of planning on hiring contractors for the house Applejack. I want a really nice one with lots of space for us and our eventual kids." Lucian was definitely thinking long term, but at least he was preparing for that at all. "Are you sure your family could handle that kind of construction?"

He paused a moment and then spoke up again. "One more thing. I was thinking of building a new barn for you all. Maybe... twice the size? It would certainly help with storage, and all the parties you throw in there. I was thinking new tools as well. Maybe some of those magic powered carts that follow you around, rather than hauling it around with you?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Titania heard what Silvanus said but didn’t quite comprehend it yet as she was still dizzy. Knowing that she might need to know what Silvanus Titania decided to plant her legs into the ground to steady her body, shook her head rapidly to get herself back to normal, said “That’s better.” Thought about what was said by Silvanus and then said “Yes please. I would love to.” Looking at her hooves, she then added, “I think I’ll get rid of most of the mud on my hooves first though.”

With that said, Titania took her hooves and started to hit them on the ground to remove as much dirt and mud as possible. When she got off as much as possible, she said “OK, I’m ready now” in a cheery voice.

While Titania cleaned off her hooves like a well refined mare, Silvanus wiped the mud off of her hooves in a puddle of more mud. She did not at all care about being dirty or getting anything else dirty. She was mother nature not mother... cleanliness.

"Follow me!" She chirped happily while leading Titania inside of the castle. Once they were inside she went to a long spiral staircase and led Titania to the very top. Eventually she stopped at a wooden door and held out a key card to Titania. "Touch the card to the door to unlock it. These types of rooms are used by our most important guests such as Princess Cadence. You should find it to your liking."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Applejack scoffed, and waved her hoof dismissively in response to that. "Phht. Mah family have built and rebuilt this farmhouse and barn more times than a rattlesnake hisses in an Appleloosan cider barrel....That's a lot. Still, a new barn would definitely be a mighty fine idea with all of us livin' here. Just...no magic. Call me old-fashioned but magic and farmwork go together like apples and cheese."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Sombra should have known better when he thought about it in hindsight. He needed to use something that would hurt him a great deal. Holy magic, maybe... He'd stare at the beam that cut through the air towards him, his eyes wide as he thought about what to do. He had been about to shadow leap, but held out the amulet, hoping that it would somehow block the attack that came towards him. He'd let out a growl as he fired off three bolts of light magic at Mythic around the amulet. He was hoping that maybe Mythic might lose his focus on his attack as well to block them. Ideally.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

As Titania followed Silvanus, she marvelled at all the splendour of the castle. She wanted to go explore it but needed to go and get her room first. As they continued, went up a spiral staircase for quite a long time. Titania made a guess and was validated whenever she passed a window as they were rising to the top. She started to feel like a princess.

When they arrived at the room, Silvanus produced a card and explained what it was for. As Titania took ahold of the card she heard “These types of rooms are used by our most important guests such as Princess Cadence. You should find it to your liking." The very next thought and words from Titania came along with a very shocked and bewildered look. “Wait, what!?!? A Princess sleeps here!?!?”

The look on Titania was that of somepony that was not home and she wasn’t. She could not comprehend what was going on and was trying to get a grasp on things. “This can not be real. This can not be real. This can not be real. This can not be real. This can not be real. This can not be real…..” was the only thought in Titania’s head.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Asking a unicorn not to use magic was like asking an earth pony to take a bath. Probably not going to happen. However, Lucian was at the very least honourable and would accept her request mostly. "I'll use magic only for a particularly annoying screw. Otherwise you can put them in by hoof." He said with a slight nod of his head. That seemed fair enough to him.

Rather than simply deflect the attack, Aurora's Amulet actually absorbed the energy from the magic. However, it was not designed to absorb a deities energy and a very slight crack appeared on the amulet. Sombra would be able to feel so much energy leaking out of that tiny crack that it would make all of his hairs stand on end! If he were to somehow get the amulet to shatter, it would likely be the equivalent to a few mana bombs exploding. That should at least destroy Mythic's corporeal form.

Mythic, at the end of the day, was a deity. A lesser deity, but a deity nonetheless. Sombra's attacks stung him, but that was about the extent of it. He was actually less hurt from the attack and more surprised! He didn't know how or where Sombra had learned light magic. Still, he clenched his jaw shut even as the little scrapes on his body healed shut.

He was almost impressed! Almost. Not quite though. He sent a few bolts of lightning at Sombra, really just testing his defences rather than outright trying to kill him.

"A princess sleeps here, yes. That's... kind of what the castle is for." Silvanus arched a little eyebrow at Titania, who was very obviously not used to this kind of treatment. Silvanus understood where she was coming from. Silva had grown up with this and still wasn't used to it, nor did she enjoy it. She's rather sleep in the dirt any day.

"Follow me, Titania. I will show you to the kitchen." She said while taking Titania's hoof for a moment and dragging her along. Once Titania was following she let her hoof down and led her to the kitchen. There she briefly explained to the staff that Titania was an honoured guest and should be treated as such. Which meant Titania could just come ask for food whenever she wanted!

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Sombra took a step back after the amulet absorbed the attack. He looked at the crack, feeling the magic seeping out. He got a crazy idea, and looked at Mythic. His eyes widened and his horn flared up, making runic shields appear in the air, blocking the few bolts, before he'd charge forward, using his magic to create a magical blade in the air. It glowed and cut through the air like butter, leaving the smell of burning ozone in it's wake as he closed the distance.

he'd lept forward, putting up a shield, before feinting, turning to shadow and leaping into the ground. He'd lunge out of the shadows on the opposite side of the room, flying towards Mythic, letting out a roar as he swung out with the sword. He prayed his feint worked to trick the monster.

Sombra's feint actually did work. Mythic was expecting a frontal attack from his enraged apprentice, assuming that Sombra would not be thinking clearly. He was surprised when Sombra disappeared into the ground, and just barely turned around in time to face the attack. The magical blade that Sombra was using whipped right into Mythic's face, where it stopped as if hitting a solid magical barrier.

The blade had cut a thin line into Mythic's face. Mythic very calmly reached over and back-hoofed Sombra across the face. The blow would send Sombra thirty feet away, where he would hit one of the magically enhanced walls of the castle and stop. The cut that Sombra had made on Mythic's face had already healed and he was smiling at Sombra. "Very good, apprentice." He said with a slight nod of his head.

Aurora was watching all of this with an exasperated sigh. "You're never going to win that fight, Sombra! You cannot face him on your own terms! Draw power from the necklace and use it!"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

With what was going on, Titania did not hear what Silvanus said. When Silvanus took Titania’s hoof, her body just followed as her mind started to catch up. Her mind was unable to comprehend everything right now but things were getting better for her...or not.

Titania at least tried to memorise the route from her new temporary room to the kitchen. But when she got there, Silvanus introduced Titania as an honoured guest and was to be treated as such. Titania’s back legs just gave way beneath her and her mind just went blank. If some pony poked her now then she would just not respond, sway a bit or just fall over.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Applejack blinked, then laughed until she had to wipe tears. "Ah'm sorry, sugarcube. Ah should have been more specific. Ah meant to say that I won't be using any magic, and no magic tools or carts or nuthin'. Y'all can use as much magic as you want as long as it's not to enchant my tools. Got a funny story about Twilight and her first Winter Wrap-Up if you ever want to hear it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back