• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MLP - Age of Exploration (Discord Chat Available)

Who Is Best Princess?

• A) Luna

• B) A

• C) B

• D) That sun one

Results are only viewable after voting.
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

A little nine year old filly was in the lounge room of her house, balancing on one hoof, and trying to levitate with magic as many objects around her as she could, and hold them there for as long as possible. She saw this in a film, so she must look as cool as they looked right now. She certainly felt cool. That much was evident from the giant smug grin she was wearing on her face as imaginary ponies came up to her and gushed about how cool and badass she looked in that pose.

She heard the lounge door open, and at that point, little Moonlight Mist dropped the items unceremoniously (luckily none of them were fragile) and ran to the door, smiling. Starlight Glimmer held her arms open for her daughter, and the filly tackle-hugged the former student of Twilight-turned stage hand. After a brief moment of hugging Star, she slipped out of her mom's hooves like an eel and hugged Trixie round the neck. Starlight, chuckled, and gave Trixie a look to say 'isn't she just adorable?'

"I missed you, moms!" Moonlight greeted them gleefully. "How was the show? Tellmetellmetellme!"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"Yes, let's get a move on Gunnolf. And don't worry about the Everfree, I'll protect you~" Silvanus mocked with a little giggling laugh. Her protecting Gunnolf was a hilarious change of pace, but hey, if a purple worm burst out of the tree line it probably wasn't going to be Gunnolf's job to deal with it.

As they walked along, Silva hummed some tunes to herself and searched around for those flowers. She wasn't really attuned to them yet, since she didn't know if they had even survived. Soon enough they did actually find one! It was a small white and blue flower, which had a yellow flame spouting from it's core. "Ooo! I'm going to call it... Winter's Kiss." She reached down to pick it, before holding it out to Gunnolf to try.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Trixie gave Moonmoon a tight hug back and looked over at Starlight with a little smile to let her know that, yes, Moon was the cutest thing ever. Or at least, one half of the cutest things ever. "Oh the show was great dear. I added a new act called 'Anything you can do, I can do better' where I just embarrass the audience. It's great." Trixie said with a little chuckle. Whatever trace of the magically-inept mare she had once been was gone, and was replaced by a sorcerer who had almost complete control over her powers; be they true magic, or the art of meta-magic.

Not to be outdone, Starburst SUPERNOVA (the other one) came out carrying a fresh plate of cookies, sandwiches, hot chocolate, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, some wine that she had stolen from the liquor cabinet, some fresh towelettes to wipe their probably-sweaty faces, some... you get the point.

"Look mommies. I made you alllll of this. Moon didn't do nothin' except stand on her hoof all day..." SUPERNOVA said while holding the plate out to her parents with a grin!

She looked identical to Moonlight Mist. Well, almost identical. If you looked really really hard you'd notice that the stripes in her hair were a little bit darker. But that was the only difference.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Upon being offered so much good stuff by Starburst, Starlight delivered a pitch-perfect 'mom gasp' and ruffled her daughter's mane. "You made *allll* of that? Why, thank you very much, Starburst!"

Moonlight pouted, and folded her forelegs, muttering "...least I looked cool..." and snuggling closer to Trixie.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

"Asa? Are you in there?" came the voice to accompany the knocking on Asa's bedroom door, in the castle of the Crystal Empire. "Dinner's ready!"

Cadence was not a strict parent by any stretch of the imagination, but compared to Shining Armor, she tried not to ever spoil Asa, and raise her right.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Asa's head shot up when Cadence was suddenly knocking at the door. That was a bit surprising. It was dinner already...? Time really seems to have flown by today. Well, she didn't want to keep them waiting for very long, so after some rummaging around in her room and hiding a certain specific ring, she went to open the door.

"Hi!" She greeted brightly. "Dinner, you said?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Gunnolf didn't have too many fears in his life. Fear of dying, fear of the unknown, fear of Purple Worms, fear of pain, the list went on. There were plenty of things to be afraid of in this life when you're just a weird, giant mortal wolf. He tried to not let them really get in the way of his daily life, or even, to get in the way of doing what needs to be done. Like fighting a Purple Worm when Luna first rescued him. He was scared as hell, but he did it anyway.

Wandering back into their territory was not his brightest idea.

He just followed along Silvanus until they actually came across the flowers, keeping a wary eye around his surroundings. He hadn't been here in years but still clearly remembered the general 'what-to-do' when surviving in the Everfree Forest. The giant wolf leaned down and sniffed the flower. "Winter's Kiss... hm. You said it was to keep ponies warm, so... what about Frozen Flame? " Shrugging, he did eat the flower out of curiosity.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Salacia

It was a nice day for a fly, and Salacia was currently doing just that. She was flying around about the clouds, using her magic to gather water out of them. As she flew she hummed happily to herself, enjoying the feeling of the wings around her feathers; it was a relaxing feeling, and made her feeling wonderful. Flying... Being in the air. It was just natural for her at this point.

She'd carry the snow with her quickly, flying at a high speed, before using her magic to crush the water, putting it into so much pressure that it actually turned into ice. She'd grin at her work, and thank the cold weather for making that much easier, before stopping, landing a top the clouds. She'd sit down, sighing deeply, before looking over the ball of ice. It was a perfect sphere, and she'd chuckle quietly to herself, before tossing it blindly over her shoulder, laying down.

The cold didn't bother her like it did Celestia, so she just rested there on the cloud, feeling it shift beneath herself as the snow fell. She had to be a good distance away from Canterlot, and she was thankful for it. She enjoyed just getting away now that she could, even though she never stayed gone long. She actually had her sword with it, finally having received it for her birthday at some point, and she's never traveled without it since.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Leper

Leper had spent the past ten years honing in her fight ability, but as the years went on, she started to finally become more down to earth. She actually would just do things around Ponyville and Canterlot. She remembered going to Manehatten once, which had not be fun at all, and she'd come back to Canterlot within an hour.

Now, she was trotting around Canterlot, just enjoying the sights and tourist spots. She didn't care about them, just wanted to see them.

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
There was something falling from the sky. It was tiny as hell and it had a one-way crash course with a certain mare trotting through Canterlot. If they looked up, they may spot it, and then realize the hour of their impending doom has come. But then it would be too late already.

"LOOK OUT BELOW!"

POMF. Expellix landed right on their back, bounced up, and landed on the ground next to them. "... Ow..."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Trixie gave Moonlight a little pat with her hoof and rubbed her mane. "I'm sure you looked very cool all day dear. But looking cool alone isn't good. You gotta look cool in front of other people, so that they will love you and want to be your friend." Trixie said with what was probably the absolute worse lesson you could ever give a kid. Just be cool to have friends, duh! It doesn't matter if they really like you or not!

The ball of ice that Salacia had so kindly thrown away was soon returned to her, at mach speed. It hit her right on the snout and didn't do anything at all, besides shattering into a bunch of microscopic shards. A few moments later Luna was hovering in the air in front of her and just shaking her head. "... 30 feet in the air and just dropping ice balls without looking? You're going to kill someone."

Luna came over and kicked Salacia off that cloud because mother got the first choice of seats, not child. Salacia would just have to get a new cloud. "... So what are you doing here anyway? Spying on Rose, trying to kill somepony with falling ice, contemplating your existence in this world, or trying to get away from me?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Leper would have actually looked up, but only once it was too late. She'd stare as the dot suddenly became a rabbit, and landed on her back, causing a ruckous of pops and cracks. Once he hopped off, she'd sigh deeply, and stretch one of her legs, chuckling, "Damn, Expellix. You got that kink out of my back." She'd say, laughing weakly, before rolling her shoulders.

She looked like she did ten years ago still! Gotta love that mask huh? She'd turn around the actually face him, and look down at him, raising a brow, "What the hell just happened anyway?" She'd ask, looking up, following the path he'd fallen, trying to see where he could have come from.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Salacia had expected the ice to come back, and was just slightly to slow, the ice breaking across her cheek. She'd look over at Luna, raising a brow, "Mother? What... Nevermind." She'd say, before raising a brow, "And I will not kill Somepony... I came this far out to avoid something like that happening." She'd say softly, before she was abruptly kicked out of her place.

She'd stare at Luna, before grabbing the cloud beneath the mare, and condensed it down into water, "Two can play that game." She'd say, ruining a perfectly good sleeping spot. Rainbow Dash would be disappointed.

"I was not spying on anyone either, I don't even think Rose is out here." She'd say, tugging aside some cloud, peering down towards the ground. She'd then look back up, "And why would I want to get away from you, Mother? You know I care a great deal for you and Celestia." She'd say, nodding her head in respect.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"I'm thinking... Warm WOW for the name. It's very descriptive, no?" Silva asked with a little chuckle. The flower was warm to the touch as Gunnolf picked it up and started eating it. The flame at its core sputtered and died as the root was broken, and left just the tinest hot-spot on his tongue where it touched. As he began to chew the flower, he would be overcome with a pleasant warmth and even started to glow slightly...

And then everything started burning, as if he has just eaten 100 of the worlds hottest peppers. It was the worst imaginable experience, and Silva was just smiling widely the whole time. "Well, how are they?? Think they'll do the job??" Silva asked while hopping up and down a bit! She was completely oblivious to Gunnolf's current plight.

The cloud underneath Luna turned into a dark black smoke just as quickly as Salacia called it away, and soon enough there was no water at all! Just that weird smoke that Luna was now sitting on. "Good try dear. Maybe in a few thousands years you'll finally get me." She said with a little smile, before just shaking her head at Salacia's words. "Daughter dearest, her name is not Celestia. It is mom. Or sunmom. I accept either. It is disrespectful to call your parents by their name."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Salacia would bow her head, fluttering down onto another part of the cloud, "Forgive me, Mother." She'd say softly, "I meant no disrespect towards Sunmom." She'd say quietly, looking away. Salacia had always been closer to Luna, and it showed with her speech. She was... Formal, much more than she was ten years ago. She was certainly learning how to speak like royalty at least. Though occasionally she would act like a child, especially if she was arguing with Silva.

She'd shift slightly, her wings fluttering at her sides, before she finally got comfortable, "I'm happy you are here, Mom." She'd say, smiling at Luna warmly, "I was worried I'd be spending the night alone. Silva is off with Asa, I think at least. And Rose... I don't know where she is." She'd say, thinking for a moment. finally she just shrugged, "I'm sure she'll find me if she needs me." She'd say, huffing a bit.

She'd let her head fall onto the cloud, fowping against it, sending up mists from the impact.

Luna didn't bother forgiving Salacia for her disrespect towards Celestia, since there wasn't really anything to forgive. Luna was just a stickler for proper titles, and as far as she was concerned, Sunmom was Celestia's proper title for Salacia. At the mention of Rose being... somewhere... Luna just laughed. "Oh don't worry, dear. I'm sure she's just dead in a ditch somewhere. The bandit life always catches up with you, even if you haven't been doing such things for many years."

Luna would know! Well not exactly, since she was a contract killer and not a bandit. But same idea. The life had caught up with her in the past even after she tried getting away from it, and it had cost her a great deal. Luckily she was able to handle it, with Daybreak's help of course.

"Now really, I'm sure Rose is fine. Completely not dead. Nope. Although... mortals are rather frail." Luna chuckled out again before deciding it was time to stop tormenting her daughter. "So why are you here, anyway?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Salacia personally, really didn't like the idea of Rose being dead, and let out a involuntary whimper, before shaking her head. She liked Rose alot, because that was her first real friend. And she reminded Sal of herself, "Don't talk like that, please Mom." She'd say, looking down at the cloud.

She'd look back up at Luna's last question, raising a brow, "Canterlot... Is... Busy." She'd say, before sighing, "Too many ponies honestly. They are all..." She'd tilt her head to the side, scrunching up her face, "Meh." She'd finally say, shrugging her shoulders, "Rose is pretty nice though." She'd say quietly, tapping her hooves together. She already knew why Luna loved to mess with her about Rose. It was a stupid crush. That was it.

Totally.

She'd look up at Luna, "Rose is cool, and likes... I mean... She is... Um..." She was trying to remain formal, and Luna would be able to watch as her snout scrunched up further, "Uhh.... Fuck it... She's pretty damn cool... Tough and go lucky. Most ponies are just drab." She'd say, chuckling.

Expellix hopped back up onto his feet, rolling backwards and standing on one hand momentarily before touching back down. He quickly shook all of the snow off his fur, brushing spots where that didn't quite do the trick. Launching himself across Canterlot wasn't exactly what he had in mind before.

"Gravity spell!" He chirped, turning to face Leper... hopping up onto her back like nothing had even happened. Sure, he was a little sore, but nothing that couldn't be shaken off. "It did not go as planned. Anyway, what are you up?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Gunnolf... really tried to hold it in and give Silvanus a smile, but eventually, it just ended up with him spitting the flower back out and coughing several times. He shook his head, licking the air, trying to get the taste out of his mouth. Big pupper was never a fan of spicy food. Spicy food that also makes his whole body feel like it was burning is considerably worse.

"It... it'll do the job." He groaned, shaking his head wildly. "You should really... turn down the spice of the flower... unless you want to kill somepony." He coughed again. Gunnolf was huge, so the spices were not quite as effective on him as they would be on another pony. Which meant that if it was horrible for him, it would be several times worse for any pony that ate it.

"Yes Salacia, I get it. You like a mortal. It's probably the biggest mistake of your life." Luna warned with a little shake of her head. "You know how mortals are. They are frail. She's going to get old and gray, then she's going to die. Not even thousands of years from now like Asa; probably less than a hundred! You're setting yourself up for a world of pain, Salacia. Just go talk to Silvanus about your feelings and be done with it. She has dreams about you too, y'knownotthatI'vebeenwatchingyourdreams!" Luna was quick to blurt out.

Okay maybe she had been watching them a bit.

A lot.

It was fun, sue her.

Luna wrapped a wing around Salacia to keep her warm and pulled her in close. "I'm not trying to dash your dreams. But mortals and us, we don't mix. I think Silvanus is stupid for going after a dragon, you're even dumber for going after a pony."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Silvanus furrowed her eyebrows when Gunnolf spit the flower out and just frowned at him. "... Oh come on, Gunnolf. It can't be that bad. You're just being a big stupid baby." Silva chided before reaching down to eat the flower that Gunnolf had spit out. Because she was a disgusting monster who wasn't afraid to eat a slobbery flower apparently.

She crunched on it a few times, swallowed it, and then just gave Gunnolf a confused shrug. "... It tastes fine! I even feel a little tingly! Why are you such a dumb baby?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Salacia would stare at Luna, a little bit baffled by what she'd said, before standing abruptly, "I... You know I couldn't do that, Mother... Silvanus cares about the... Dragon, like you said! Asa!" She'd say, before looking over the side of the cloud. It was only 30 or so feet off the ground, and she just stared for a moment, before looking back to Luna, "Wait... You said she dreams about me too?..." She'd then had a sudden realization!

"You go into our dreams? Nevermind... It's not important." She'd say, blinking a few times. She'd clear her throat, and shake her head, before smiling, "I don't know... I... I suppose I could tell her. But what if she..." She'd stop herself, looking once more at the ground.

She was pretty at odds in all honesty. She liked Rose a great deal. She was like her best friend. Silvanus. They'd been together since nearly the beginning. Sal had looked up to Silvanus, and Silva seemed so... Well, rude, but Sal had been a awful pony to her as a child. Sue her, she was a damn child.

"I will... Just... Not this moment." She'd say, sitting on the edge of the cloud, chewing on the inside of her cheek.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Leper would raise a brow, "Gravi- what?" She'd say, clearly confused, before just rolling her eyes, chalking it up to weird rabbit magic and other stuff, "I'm just enjoying a walk. Don't get as much free time now. You know I travel a lot now. Everyone needs help." She'd say, shrugging her shoulders. Personally, she just wanted to toss her sword away somewhere, and just stop using it.

She'd suddenly sit down, not really thinking about the fact that Expellix was on her back, "What have you been upto?" She'd ask, looking back at him.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"It felt like I just tried to swallow fire." Gunnolf huffed. He wasn't some immortal fire deity like she was. "You're an alicorn. An immortal alicorn. With fire powers. I am a wolf. A greatly oversized wolf. Mortal. There's a huge difference between what you can handle what I can. Like Luna says—we're fragile and break easily."

Perhaps a bit too easily sometimes. He was only in his thirties and sometimes felt like he was dying. Eugh. Old age sucked.

Expellix shrugged his shoulders, just laying back against her neck. "Doing this that I'm not supposed to talk about. You know the usual drill." Luna would still murder him if he started spouting off the stuff he did for the Lunar Guard, or with it. It really was not out of the ball park when it came to her.

He tried not to let it sit on that topic. "Anyway, a gravity spell. Gravity. It keeps your feet on the ground when you're doing stuff, or brings you back down when you're up in the air and not supposed to be. Pegasi and stuff can fly because they can beat that force of gravity through magic and stuff." He closed his eyes, putting his arms behind his head. "I was trying to flip my own gravity to sit on the ceiling. I almost launched myself to the moon instead."

"Oh yes, I go into your dreams. Of course I go into your dreams. It's hilarious. I know all your dark little secrets; except the sexual ones, I never stay around for those." Luna chuckled a bit and just shook her head as she... drank the smokey cloud that she was sitting on. Mmmm. "And of course you won't do it at 'this moment' because you've been waiting for like a year."

Luna looked over at Salacia and just sighed. "Regardless, I don't really care what you do. I don't get a say in your life. I just think you need to be careful."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"You're just a baby. A dumb baby." Silvanus emphasized with a little sigh and a frown, which played across her face. The tingly feeling was already leaving her and she was beginning to feel cold again! "... Well that was nice while it lasted. Let's go find more of them, so I can keep warm!"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Gunnolf rolled his eyes. Yes, he was a baby for not liking the feeling of being on fire. Which that flower seemed to do. It was an entirely unpleasant experience, and like he said before, it would do the job just fine. Presuming it didn't just kill the pony from being too spicy. Sometimes he wondered what wasn't lethal to them at some point or another.

He sniffed the flowers, gathering their scent. Once he knew the scent, he raised his head and opened his mouth, tasting the air. Soon enough, he caught a small whiff, heading in the direction of more Warm WOW. "Let's go, then. You can eat as much of the flowers as you want." He wasn't particularly cold anyway. His fur was pretty thick.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Salacia looked at Luna, narrowing her eyes, before sighing, shaking her head, "Yes, mom." She'd say, shaking her head. She'd definitely been a coward when it came to Silva, and she knew she would need to talk to her soon... Maybe later tonight!

She'd look at Luna, smiling, "Thank you, mom." She'd say, trotting to Luna, nuzzling her neck, "I think I'd be lost without you." She'd say, before stepping back, and sat down, looking to the sky. She would stare at the clouds, and the sky, before looking back down, smiling. She'd tilt her neck, popping it, before sighing happily, "Gods... That is just..." Another set of pops, "Wonderful." She'd say quietly, before laying back down on the clouds, sighing.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Starlight knew that Moon was Trixie's favourite, just as Starburst was Starlight's favourite. It all came down to the (bad) advice that they both tried to give their children, and what stuck on each filly. Starlight tried to teach them both to act kind, loyal, generous, honest, good-natured and friendly, as befitting a student of friendship. 'It doesn't matter how you feel. It's how you act'. Trixie's lessons were always more like 'It doesn't matter how you feel or act, it's what you gain from your actions, the end result, that matters.' Neither were particularly bad lessons alone or together, but Starburst took Starlight's lessons to heart much more than Moonlight, and Moonlight took Trixie's lessons to heart much more than Starburst.

"So," said Starlight, levitating the tray over to the table and taking the wine off it, before drinking some. "What else did you do today, Starburst?"

Moonlight, meanwhile, was listening very carefully to Trixie. "I will show my classmates that when school starts again. They'll probably all think it looks cool. Although the teacher always keeps calling me a showoff. I can't help it if my classmate's magic is beneath mine to the point where I'd fall asleep if I did what everybody else did."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Cadence, despite the passage of time, didn't look a day older than she did ten years ago, though her features were slightly more Princess-y. She smiled down at the young crystal dragon.

"Uh-huh. I'm not sure what it is yet. I've been too busy too ask the chefs today. I guess we'll both be surprised together."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Leper would glare at Expellix, before shaking her head, "I know what Gravity is. I meant the damn spell." She'd say, clearly annoyed that he took the time to explain it. She'd roll her eyes, before laying down on the ground, a little off to the side, "You can't expect me to know everything, Expellix. I fight, it's what I do." SHe'd sat, looking back at him.

She'd then chuckling, sighing deeply, "So, practicing new spells now, for seating on ceiling?" She'd ask, "Seems that your research isn't being wasted." She'd say, laughing softly.

"You didn't even get through the word 'gravity', so I just assumed you got stumped there." Expellix replied with a lazy wave of his hand. "Anyway, it has its uses! Like, what if there is a hazard on the floor? Then I can walk on the wall, the ceiling, or really any surface solid enough to hold me!"

He turned his eyes to her. "I could even walk on your face."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Now that Silva had actually inspected the flower and eaten one, it would be pretty easy for her to lock onto their roots in the earth. "They are very yummy!" She said happily as she raced along, wanting to move quickly so that she could have another Warm WOW sometime soon. She came upon another and quickly scooped it up with her tongue and swallowed it. "Yum!"

She didn't appear to notice that she was actually breathing out smoke now. These flowers were... definitely strange! Probably rather painful too, for a mortal. She might have to cut back on the heat.

"You're too young to be cracking your neck, aren't you?" Luna asked with a little furrowing of her eyebrows and a sigh. "Regardless, I think you're training is almost complete. All that will be left if for you to, uh... take a life. Let's not rush to that part, though. That can be pretty rough on a pony." Luna said with a little frown on her lips. She didn't want to scar Salacia by having her finally kill somepony, but she also needed to know what it felt like.

Not only was taking a life inevitable as an immortal, but it also made you a better leader as far as Luna was concerned. She wanted her daughter to know the importance of death so that when the time came to end a life, she would not do so without care. It was a heavy weight!

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
"Uhhh...." Starburst scratched at her head a bit and frowned. "... That's all I did, mommy." she said while pointing at the tray of foods that Starlight had set down. "It took a long time, you know. I'm not too good at cookin' yet so I gotsa practice and throw out many cookies before I get perfect ones!" Trixie decided to take a moment to peer into the kitchen, and her heart skipped a beat at what she saw.

It was completely ruined with splashes of dough, chocolate chips, and everything else imaginable. Plus there was an entire mountain of cookies that had been thrown out due to not being 'good enough' and they could probably feed all of Ponyville with that many cookies.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Salacia would look at Luna, before popping her neck again, "I do it to relieve stress, Mother." She'd say, looking down at her hooves, playing with some of the cloud she was laying on. She was sculpting the clouds into a little castle, and looked it over, smiling.

Then Luna told her she'd have to take a life, and her head snapped up, blinking a few times.

"You want... You want me to kill someone?" She'd ask, raising a brow, "Why and who exactly, would I be supposed to kill?" She'd ask, a bit curious. She figured she understood why Luna wanted her to do it. She did indeed need to know what it was like, and it would be... Good for her... In a way. It would be a learning experience.

"Yes, let's not rush into it." She'd say, looking down at her hooves, falling into a lapse of silence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back