• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MLP - Age of Exploration (Discord Chat Available)

Who Is Best Princess?

• A) Luna

• B) A

• C) B

• D) That sun one

Results are only viewable after voting.
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Rose was basically the opposite with the way she carried herself. Everything she did seemed to have purpose, even just eating a cupcake. Although she ate it slowly and daintily, there was a certain rigidity to the way she did it. First this piece, then that piece, this other piece, and so on. It was clear that Platinum Rose was not somepony who would just sit by and let things happen. She looked up at him as he asked what she did and arched an eyebrow. "Bounty hunter. Also have a range that ponies can pay to shoot guns at whenever the bounties are running low."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

That took Gallus by surprise. Bounty Hunters, thieves and pirates were common in Griffinstone but weren't so common in Equestria, at least the way he remembered it. Ponies were soft, and prided themselves of being heroic boy scouts. It hadn't been the perfect climate for bounty hunting. Maybe the war had changed things here too.Still, a gun range did actually sound quite sweet. "A gun range, you say? I might have to check that out. I've never, ever fired a gun before. Have to say, though, I'm surprised there's bounty hunting in Equestria. If that was a thing ten years ago, I didn't notice it. Much work?"

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
"You must not have been looking very hard. Equestria has always had bandits or convicts who needed hunting down, and there have always been hunters to do so. We did not get to the top of the food chain, as herbivores, by being off-put by violence. As your race had to be reminded." Pretty to the point there. She wasn't exactly one to watch her words, and this griffon seemed friendly anyway so she wasn't too worried about starting a brawl. "There is lots of work since the war. There's always a new threat to hunt down, and the Crown pays top bit for any criminals returned to them."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Gallus winced and looked away when the war was brought up. For the past ten years he had questioned his choices. He left the only 'family' he had ever had to return to a people who had attacked the home of said family. Still, Post-war Canterlot had been a miserable place for a Griffin. Even when ponies tried to be friendly, he could see the fear in their eyes. And the Griffins he was raised by were suffering even worse than they were before, including the closest figure he had to a father, Grandpa Gruff. He had to go back. Perhaps he could make a positive difference. But he felt like a traitor, and the doubts had never left him.

However, he was perked up by the mention of bits. He was truly a Griffin, after all. Gallus smiled and started stroking his chin feathers. "I hadn't thought about what I was going to do now that I'm back. I was a student last time I was here. But, that could be my calling. If the pay's good, and there's plenty of work to go around..."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Sombra would stare at Aurora, wondering just how she expected him to prove it, or that of his master, "Do you think he'd be stupid enough to give me details like that? I risked my life to come here, and am actively betraying him!" He'd snap, glaring at her, "And you want some proof of this... Negative weave.... What am I to do? Conjure up some crazy magic that will likely make the two of you attack me?" He'd ask bitterly, glaring down at the both of them. He felt like they were trying to get a reason to just kill him any way, and he was starting to wonder if he'd made a mistake by just giving himself over. He'd grunt, and feel a pain in his head, blinking a few times.

"I... You don't trust me, with valid reason... Twilight Sparkle... You defeated me once, and I know you would never trust me..." He'd say, looking at her,"However,you should understand that I would never openly reveal myself like this... It puts me at the far greater disadvantage... You could contact Celestia or Luna... I'd be dead with in five minutes... Less even." He'd say,"So... Maybe the two of you could think for a moment." He'd say, sounding mildly annoyed.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
At least Griffonstone was being fixed up now that it was under the Equestrian banner. That meant an influx of resources, as long as you paid tribute to your new pony overlords! Which, uh... wasn't optional.

When Gallus mentioned taking up bounty hunting work, Rose just eyed him up and down a few times before arching an eyebrow. "... There are plenty of contracts to go around, Gallus. But do remember, it is a first come first serve business. If you get between me and a contract, I'll put a bullet in your skull and finish my job. Most other bounty hunters will do the same, although method of murder might vary."

She sipped at her tea and smiled sweetly at him. "Don't get in anyponies way and you'll do fine. You sure you're up for this kind of work, kid?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
Aurora's mouth furrowed as Sombra snapped at her again. She knew he was crazy, but this was something else entirely! She patiently waited for him to finish talking about then arched an eyebrow at him. "Snap at me again, Sombra, and I will assure you this demiplane will be the last thing you ever see." Aurora stated with a chilling calmness to her voice, before looking over at Twilight. "Twily, dear, I am going to need you to leave for a while. I'll be finished here soon." She said before waving her hoof, shunting Twilight out of the demiplane and back into the Castle of Friendship.

Then Aurora turned back to Sombra and just smirked at him. "The fact that you think you'd be alive for any more than a few seconds, tells me you really don't know what you're dealing with here. But I do not wish to kill you, yet. Your story has intrigued me." Aurora tapped a hoof to her chin and then nodded. "I will leave to investigate this so called 'Negative Weave'. Should I find nothing, I will know that you are lying. Should you try and leave this demiplane before I return, I will assume you have ill intentions and will deal with you accordingly."

The demiplane around them began to shift, the arcane rivers disappearing as a house sprang up around them. It was more like a mansion. There were arcane servants to take care of Sombra's every need while Aurora was away, and he could eat and drink what he pleased. "I will return. Should your story be true, this is the safest place for you to stay. If you are telling the truth... I will do what I can to assist you."

And with that being said, Aurora disappeared.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Gallus leaned back, with a small, cocky smirk on his face. Griffinstone may be receiving more aid under Equestria and thus there was significant improvements in the buildings, and the food. But the Griffins themselves were the same as ever. They may have even been in a worse temper than before due to the damage to their pride, getting daily reminders who won the war and who essentially own Griffinstone now. Due to this, Gallus was very well practiced in the art of avoiding stepping on any paws. If some other griffin wanted something you want, and they looked larger or stronger than you, you shut up and let them take it.

"I don't think you need to worry about me. I know how to handle myself. I've been in a couple of fights. Even the dirtiest fighters of pony bounties won't know all the dirty Griffin tricks. And I definitely won't step on any hooves. What good's money to me if I'm dead?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

“So this is Ponyville.” Titania Gloria had been travelling for some time to find some work as a Bounty Hunter and, apparently, Ponyville was a good place to start working as a Bounty Hunter. As she walked into town she observed that the atmosphere of the town was pleasant, with the exception of a group of Ponies protesting something off in the distance.

Titania decided to go to someplace called Sugarcube Corner to get something to eat and to get information. As she got there, she noticed that the place was packed so something to go was in order. She approached the counter and asked the Mare behind the counter “Hi their, I’m looking to get something cheap and easy to eat on the go, any work that is going, any places to stay and if there is any place to train and test my skills?” As she was asking, she got out some bits she had to pay for the food.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Sombra stood there, staring at where Aurora had just been standing. He'd inhale sharply, and exhale slowly, before sitting back. He'd sit there for a moment, before his horn would begin to glow it's eerie red, before it would envelop him. He'd sit like that, wrapping in the warmth of his own magic, and waited patiently, focusing on his thoughts, making sure he was all that there was. Over a long time it became easy to keep his mind to himself.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Honestly it was about time that Griffonstone was taken under the Equestrian banner. The First Griffon War thousands of years ago hadn't ended very well for either side, but Equestria won that too. After the second war, Luna and Celestia were just kind of tired of Griffon aggression and decided it was time they assimilate with Equestrian culture and become one of the races under the Equestrian banner.

Or go extinct, because that was next on the list if this didn't work. If Griffon's kept being assholes, it was meteor time as far as Luna was concerned.

"You griffons have cute little tricks but nothing compares to being disintegrated by a unicorn. Or having your soul torn from your body. Be careful who you piss off out there, you and I are nowhere near the top of the food chain. If you see a blue mare with a hat and cape on who's out doing some bounties, just walk the other way. She tried to turn me into a tree last time I ran across her..."

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
The mare behind the counter was Princess Silvanus, who was literally just stealing food and booze. She didn't work there by any means. The actual owner looked resigned to this fate because Silvanus did it literally all the time. At least she paid well! "Huh? Oh uh..." Silvanus reached over and grabbed a loaf of bread and put it in front of Titania. "There you go. On the house."

With that being said, Silva climbed back over the counter and took a seat beside Titania. Now that she was fully in view, Titania could see that Silvanus was freaking massive. She was about a foot taller than Celestia at the withers and was quite heavy as well. She had a little bit of fat on her body but that was to be expected at her size, the rest of it was all muscle.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

This pony was bigger than expected. She was taller than what somepony showed Celestia was, she had a pair of wings and a horn? “Is this Mare an Alicorn?” wondered Titania.

As she grabbed the bread, she turned to the Massive Pony and asked “Er..thank you?...I’m sorry but, are you an Alicorn? I’ve never seen one before, which is why I ask.” When she finished asking she started to dig into the bread and left what bits she had gotten out on the counter. She didn’t believe in ‘On the house’.

Silvanus looked over at Titania and arched an eyebrow. "... Horn? Check. Wings? Check. That makes me an alicorn, yes." Silva held out her hoof for Titania to shake and smiled gently at her. "My name is Silvanus. My domain extends to the realms of earth and fire, as well as all creatures that roam upon the land. What is your name?"

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
Aurora was gone for around two hours, leaving Sombra to have a run of the place in her absence. Not that he could really leave anyway or she would assume he was up to no good. For now he had to simply relax! Luckily this place had all manner of accommodations and he could basically do whatever he wanted.

Sombra would soon find the demiplane closing in on him, and a split second later he was shunted through the planes and landed at Aurora's hooves! They were just outside of Ponyville, and she was wearing a small frown on her face. "... My apologies, it appears you were telling the truth. Do you know anything of how this Negative Weave came to be?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

That description caught Gallus' attention. He leaned forward. He was amused, but there was a hint of real fear behind his eyes. "This blue mare, with a hat, and a cape. She wouldn't be a unicorn, would she? I used to have a teacher at the School of Friendship. She was a blue mare, with a hat and a cape. Her name was Trixie. Sorry. 'The Great and Powerful Professor Trixie'. If she bounty hunts anything like she used to teach, you have my word I won't go within a mile of her or her bounty. Ever."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
"... Yeah it's Trixie. I have no idea why she's bounty hunting if she's already rich. I know she donates it all to the hospital, but is it worth the risk?" as if on queue, a orchestra's worth of fanfare trumpets began to sound outside, and Rose just let out a loud sigh. "... I'm leaving." Rose stated before doing just that, and quickly walking away.

The fanfare only got louder and soon enough the door opened to a barrage of fireworks which blinded just about everypony in the bar! Luckily they were only magical fireworks so nopony actually got hit with one. There was groans from all around the bar but it's not like anypony had the balls to actually say anything. "Fear not, peasants; Trixie is here! She will protect your fragile bodies!"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

The Alicorn introduced herself as Silvanus, One Who Holds Dominion Over Earth And Fire. Silvanus seemed like a nice pony so, Before taking another bite and making sure she had finished her current mouth full, Titania shook her hoof and answered “Greetings Silvanus. My name is Titania Gloriana, I’m a Demon Hunter by trade, and right now I’m looking for work, a place to stay and something to do in that order.”

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Gallus waved as Rose got up and left. "It was nice talking to you. We should do this again sometime!" he called out, in the tone that obviously means you don't have any intention of actually doing that. He then turned his attention to the fanfare. He took note that the rest of the ponies quickly looked away. Gallus, however, had that cocky confidence that no matter what he did or said, he could get away with it. He looked right at the door, and then Trixie made her grand entrance, Gallus clapped and started to whoop and whictly in a manner that was so genuine it must be sarcastic. He was alone in doing this.

Getting up from his seat, he approached the blue mare, beaming. "The Great and Powerful Professor Trixie! I haven't seen you in over ten years! You look good for it. What's up?"

She'd remember Gallus. He was hard to forget. The kind of delinquent student who was so insufferably disrespectful of authority, and Gallus didn't even have the good grace to be bad at his classes to balance it out! He was smart, and got high grades!

It was pretty obvious that Silvanus was surprised by Titanias job choice. "... A demon hunter? You're either very stupid or very brave. Probably both." Silva muttered while ordering them both a drink. She got a beer and Titania could get whatever she wanted. "What made you take up demon hunting? That's a rather dangerous profession..."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Gallus was exactly the type of student that Trixie hated! She liked students who shut up and listened to her glorious stories about fame, fortune and power! All of which had been made up back then. Now she had actual stories about that kind of thing!

This was not the same Trixie that taught Gallus before. She did not appear arrogant or overbearing on the outside, she just appeared very sure of herself. She was a figure of immense power nowadays, both monetary and magical. She wasn't need to try and seem great or powerful anymore.

Physically she was changed too. Most noticeable was her lack of a front leg. Instead she had a prosthetic made of arcane energy that she walked on. She also had a number of scars on her body from adventuring.

Trixie was not expecting to see Gallus here! She gasped for a moment and then gave him a very tight hug, holding it for a few seconds before letting him go. "Gallus! What are you doing here?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

When the question came, Titania scratched the back of her head in an awkward manar. Feeling a bit embarrassed she closed her eyes and answered “Well, I grew up in a guild outside of equestria so I was surrounded by Ponies, Griffins, Changelings and what not who told me stories of their adventures.” As she continued, she continued to scratch the back of her head and shrunk down in even more embarrassment as she said “Then one day I heard about how one of the best things to hunt is a Demon or Devil. I became fascinated with the potential of an adventure that I wanted to hunt Demons.”

By now she was sitting down, looking away, frantically scratching the back of her head and frantically speaking as she continued with “WhenIaskedmyMumandDadtotrainmetohuntthemtheyboththoughtthatIwaseitherverybraveorverystupidorjustwantedtodothisasathrillseeker.Theydideventuallyteachme,butonlyafterteachingmetodootherjobsmorebecausetheysaidthatifIonlyhuntedDemonsorDevilsorboththenIwouldnothavealotofmoneytohuntthem.”

As she started to catch her breath and regain some composure, she stood up, looked Silvanus in the eyes and said “So now I do whatever job I can. If I can afford to hunt a Demon or Devil then I do that job but if not then I do any other job until I can afford to do the job.” As she was saying this she was starting to beam with pride as she continued with “As my Dad said ‘When it comes to Demons or Devils, it’s best to go in over prepared so you don’t get caught out. Demons can be dangerous to your and others' physical health wile Devils can be dangerous because of their magic and silver tungs. Be wary of both.’ So I have lived by that for every job. ‘Never go in under prepared.’ That’s my motto.” When she finished Titania was beaming with pride for her Dad and bouncing up and down with excitement.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Gallus indeed noted the physical chances to Trixie's face, manner and posture, as well as the battle scars and the missing leg. Looks like it had been an eventful ten years for everyone. His eyes had been drifting, focusing on her leg, but snapped back to Trixie when she got close. Gallus stood there and was hugged, holding his forelegs in midair awkwardly. He chuckled and stiffly patted Trixie on the back.

"Nice to see you too. Was not expecting that. So, I'm moving back. I feel like it's time. This was more my home than Griffinstone ever was but I still had to...y'know...do some wrestling with my identity. Help out my people at a time when they really needed it. I hope I made some kind of a difference. But the time I spent here was was the best time of my life and it's really where my heart is. I couldn't stay away forever. What about you? You definitely look like you haven't spent the last ten years just teaching or doing magic shows. I mean, not unless there was a horrible accident."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Sombra would land at Aurora's hooves, landing on his own. He'd crouch low, halting his speed, before slowly standing, looking down at Aurora, "I believe it was made by the one I called 'Master'." He'd say, looking over towards Ponyville. He looked at the small town, growing in size and life, before blinking, looking at Aurora, "I don't know how he or it did it, but he clearly he didn't want you to find it." He'd say, before popping his neck, a series of cracks resounding out, before he'd sigh, "I'm glad you believe me at least... I was starting to think he'd just keep torturing me soon." He'd say, laughing haggardly.

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
"As I said, you are safe in my domain. However, it is likely that your master already knows that you have betrayed him. This... 'Negative Weave'..." She decided that was it's name officially now. "It is small, but not without power. Your master seems to have created it to link into the darker portions of my own Weave. It feeds from my Weave, like a river from the ocean. I cannot shut it off, and I am not sure if I could even block its flow like the rest of the Weave. I might be able to, but your master would no doubt fight back..."

That wasn't really her point though and she quickly got back on topic. "The truth is that your master must be quite powerful to pull off this sort of accomplishment. He will already know that you have betrayed him. If you were to access the Negative Weave, you will likely find your power cut off... you will have to access my Weave instead. I will work to remove this Negative Weave in time."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Trixie was very glad when the topic of conversation came back to herself. She loved talking about herself! "Oh, this was no accident." She said while waving her prosthetic around. "This was a griffon's greataxe. Regardless, Tri- I have been very busy! I stopped teaching many years ago, around when the war began. After the war I was depressed from my lost limb and didn't really know what to do with myself. I fell pretty deep into necromancy to try an fix my leg but Starlight talked me out of it."

"... Now we are married and have two kids!" She decided just to drop that bombshell. "I have many magic shows around Equestria now, and we live in a mansion outside of town. Everything has been going swimmingly! When I'm bored I go adventuring for fun. Died a few years back to a black dragon, or so Starlight says. I still don't really believe her. I mean, come on, a black dragon killing me??"

Well that was a lot of information to just throw at Silvanus. She just blinked as Titania seemed to get so excited over it, and smiled slightly. "... I don't understand a word that you just said." Silvanus said with a little shrug of her shoulders. It didn't matter too much. She caught a bit of the ramble but had kinda tuned out. Silva was many things, but patient was absolutely not one of them.

"So, Fiend hunter... are you on a hunt right now?" She leaned in rather close and whispered to Titania as she did so, "Is there a Fiend in this very room?" She then pulled away and smiled! "If there was one here, would you be able to sense it? Or are you not blessed with such abilities by my mother?" she was talking about paladin abilities of course. She thought that Titania was a paladin, due to her obsession with demon hunting.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Gallus noticeably winced at the mention of Griffins. Everywhere he looked, he usually saw one sign of the war or another, and it always made him feel guilty. The thought 'I went to side with the race that did this' would always cross his mind, before he convinced himself that they were his race too, and they were also Equestrian now. There's no need to feel guilty. There's no need to choose.

His mood lifted when he heard he rest of the story. "You and Starlight, huh? I always knew there was something between you two. But...how'd you have kids?" he asked, genuinely stumped. "And...how'd you die and come back? Are you just messing with me, or are we for real right now?"

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
"I genuinely don't know if I died for not. I cannot imagine something as lowly as a dragon killing me, but I do remember things going black. Then I woke up and Starlight was crying! Then again she would cry if I so much as fell over and stubbed my hoof, so I'm not sure if she was being dramatic or not." several years later and Trixie still didn't really believe that she died!

"As for how we had kids, use your imagination. Not too much though." Trixie glared at him before moving over to the bar, taking a seat there and ordering herself a nice cold... water!

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

When Silvanus asked her 4 questions, Titania started to look a little confused at the second to last one but understood with the last one. She decided to answer each question in order, “To answer your questions in order. No, I am not on a job at this moment in time. I don’t think there is one in this room right now. Also, for the sake of this scenario, let’s say there was one in the room. I wouldn’t be able to sense it as I am not a Paladin. I just like the thrill of the hunt.”

With all the questions answered she went on to say “As I said before, I am looking for work, a place to stay and things to do in that order.”

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

"Hey, don't knock Dragons. Smolder used to be able to kick my ass and she was practically a baby dragon. If she was fully grown, she'd be unstoppable. Wonder where she is. Haven't seen her since I got back. Come to think of it I haven't seen anyone but Sandbar, though he lives here. Wonder where everyone went after the school closed."

By the time, he finished musing to himself, he noticed that Trixie was at the bar and he was standing by himself. He smiled, rolled his eyes and joined her, ordering a milkshake for himself. After spending so long sugar-deprived, he was on a binging spree. "So...who was the mother?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back