• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

MLP - Age of Exploration (D&D 5e Custom System)

Characters
Here
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Applebloom would grin upon hearing Spitfire say she could see again, and would pull the mare careful hug, before letting her sit back. She'd look around the room, noting everyone that was around. She'd look at Rainbow, and smile, "Shucks, Was nothin'." She'd say, blushing at her praise. She'd look around the room, frowning, "How long have ya'll been down here?" She'd ask, raising a brow at Spitfire and Rainbow Dash.

She'd then notice Mud, and her eyes would widen when the mare greeted her, "Mud? Ah ain't seen you in a long time!" She'd say, smililng at her, before trotting over to give her a hoof shake.

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide D. Rex D. Rex GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Now the group was all together again! "Wow, look at how many ponies came to visit me. I'm so popular. You all must really love me. Except you, bat pony. I don't know you." Spitfire said as she rolled out of bed gracefully and landed on her hooves. It was so nice to have her eyesight back! But of course, the group had other things to worry about. Spitfire and Rainbow hadn't just failed in their mission, they catastrophically failed. They accomplished absolutely nothing.

Applebloom and Midnight had a treasure to split, and had to figure out some way to use the blue dragon scales that they had won. Valentine had been gifted a magical ring and now knew that the mare responsible for all of this was travelling the deserts. And of course, Spitfire and Rainbow found out about a dragon egg being kept near the top of Goldstream's tower, and completely failed to retrieve it!

"... So what now?" Spitfire asked while looking around. "Mud, bat pony dude, are you two a part of this now? Where is pegasus-who-got-mad-when-I-questioned-her?"

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide D. Rex D. Rex GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

When the Pegasus Pony asked her questions, Midnight stepped forward and spoke, "Before I answer my part of the questions, I do think introductions are in order." Midnight then bowed and said, "My name is Midnight Sonata, I am a treasure hunter by trade, I send what money and treasure I earn back to my family for...personal reasons so please don't ask, I happen to be terrible in a fight as Miss Applebloom can attest to, I do intend to come with you if you'll have me, if you do I also intend to spar with Miss Applebloom and finally as for the 'Pegasus-who-got-mad-when-I-questioned-her' of whom I amuse is Miss Wind Whistler, She will not be coming due to injuries she sustained in the fight in the arena she and Miss Applebloom fought in."

After his long winded introduction he raised his head, turned to Applebloom and said "By-the-by, Miss Applebloom, I have here some Small Blue Dragon scales that were won from the fight. You can take some if you wish, I don't feel like I earned them."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Valentine still held the now-empty cake tray before her, frosting on the side of her lips as she handed the drugged-up Spitfire.
"And here I brought you a cake and everything...you uh...you already ate it and loved it..."
She slid the pan into a waste-bin nearby

"I met a dragon, and then the dragon disappeared! Sadly it was not THE dragon we were looking for...and then I met a super cool hat that was on some mare that ran the city! Also I found out a ton of stuff and met a crazy old lady who's brain is all rotted-up. I don't think Lady Goldstream can remember what day of the week it is let alone mastermind some ingenious dragon-plot. Her family seems tied to the dragons though, and her grandaughter apparently left on a mysterious journey into the desert just recently. No one just walks out into the desert inconspicuously and unprepared, especially a rich lady! If we go talk to the camel-people along the walls I'm sure one must have helped her get the gear and supplies she needed before setting off. They can give us a direction so we don't need to check all three lairs!"

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
The weird looking bat-pony turned to him right away. She immediately accepted him into the group - she had learned ponies just dropped in and was fine with that.
"Hi, nice to meet you. I am Valentine d'vaal Dampierre!...So why do you send all your money home?"
Sadly she had no tact.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Shadeofshade Shadeofshade Avedon Avedon GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Mud shook Applebloom's hoof, though smiled as much as her mom would have and showed about as much outward warmth. "It has been a while."

When asked by Spitfire if she was a part of this, Mud nodded. "I was going to return to Canterlot but you seem like you need some help with whatever it is that you're doing, so I will lend a hoof." She looked to Spitfire with what would look like a complete lack of any emotion to anypony else. "Besides, that's what friends do for each other."

Mud listened to Midnight introduce himself to the party, and the other bat pony whom Mud didn't know started to talk. She kind of reminded Mud of Pinkie in a few ways, so this grabbed Mud's attention. That, and she finally had some clues as tho this party's goal. She blinked. "So, we're going to a Dragon's lair to find a Dragon." She shot a glance to Spitfire. "I seem to be doing that a lot lately."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Shadeofshade Shadeofshade Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Avedon Avedon D. Rex D. Rex

Applebloom smiled back at Mud, nodding her head, "It has." She'd say, smiling before looking at Midnight as he gave her a few scales. She'd put them into her saddlebag, smiling at him, "thank you." She'd say softly, before looking around at everyone that had been gathered. The room was a little cramped for her comfort.

At the mention of what they should be doing next, she looked at Mud as she brought up a pretty good idea of what might be really their only option. However, Val brought up a good point, "It might actually be a pretty good idea to go and question the camels like Val said... If they can give us some information about that mare, we might be able to get an idea of where she'd be heading!" She'd say, smiling, before looking around the room again. She was feeling tense in such a small area, and would tilt her head quickly, popping her neck loudly.

She'd slowly make her way back out of the room, "I'm going to wait outside.. .Sorry, tight spaces and all these ponies." She'd say, before making her way out, opting to sit outside the door, and get some air.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
So many ponies were piling into the hospital room that it was starting to feel kind of cramped to Rainbow. Some company is nice and all, but not in these small spaces. Ugh. Hospitals are bad enough, but a cramped hospital? Get outta here.

"Spitfire got herself hurt because she decided to try and knock a guard out with a punch—who was also wearing a helmet. So then she got her eyes slashed out by him. Could've just used magic..." She mumbles that last part out. It wouldn't have been that big of a deal if she just used her magic... you can totally only knock a pony out with magic. "We were on our way to go check out this tip off we got that a dragon egg was in one of Lady Goldstream's towers. Supposedly belonged to the blue dragon."

That seemed like a total bust and she doesn't really want to go back. Probably not with Spitfire because they don't have the stomach to kill a pony... or the control to just knock one out, apparently. "Whatever. That dragon egg is just asking for trouble 'cause some stupid gang is gonna send an assassin or whatever if we didn't return it to them after stealing it. Sooo... I'm not touching the egg."

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Spitfire heard that last part and slapped Rainbow Dash right on the back of the neck, glaring at her as she did so! She would get lessons after this whole ordeal was over, if she got out alive! But the last thing she wanted was for Rainbow Dash to insult her magical aptitude in front of everypony, that just felt bad! Spitfire's drugged up body was already recuperating thanks to the the regeneration potion and she glanced down at the cake tray as Valentine disposed of it. "... Thank you Valentine. I'm sure I loved it."

After giving Mud a hug and Applebloom a, uh... pat on the head, Spitfire motioned towards the doorway. "It does seem like we are fighting a lot of dragons lately. We should get a move on, folks... the sun will be setting soon and we haven't even begun the journey. The dragons lair is three days away. Let's go!"

Every player please roll a d20 and post your number.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

(Rolled a 9)

Mud Pie hugged Spitfire back, and when Spitfire left, Mud followed, staying beside Dash. The stoic pony looked sidelong at Dash as she walked. "So there was a dragon egg that belonged to the Blue Dragon. Do you think that it may be the reason there's been friction between the Dragon and this city? Maybe the egg was stolen and it was trying to get it back. Either way. We can ask the dragon, if it wants to talk. If it doesn't want to talk, then it has nothing to gain by hearing us out, which would mean it doesn't want the egg back, or that perhaps the egg isn't the Dragon's."

Mud blinked, then turned to look forward. "Or I could be overthinking it. I do that sometimes."

Last edited:
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Avedon Avedon

(Rolled a 17)

As Midnight followed everyone. He turned to the devil, who has introduced herself as Valentine d'vaal Dampierre, and said, “Well then Miss Valentine, may I call you that? As I said before, I send the money and treasures home for personal reasons. I would prefer not to say if I can help it. I can assure you though, if I find anything that might cause a problem for my home I will not send them home.”

After he finished addressing Valentine, he trotted up closer to the Pegasus known as Spitfire and asked “So Miss Spitfire, I can only assume that you are the leader of this group given the vibe that I am getting from you. So I have a question for you. If I may, I would like to go and get some practice weapons. The reason being is so that, assuming I can come along to help, I can do some sparring with Miss Applebloom and not hurt her in a way that would make it so that she is unable to fight further. Do I have your permission to do so?”

Avedon Avedon Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Shadeofshade Shadeofshade Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Roll: 8

Applebloom was sitting just inside the door, and would poke head in when she heard Midnight asking for Spitfire's permission, "Uhm... If'n ya need anyone's permission, it's gon' be mine." She'd say, raising a brow at him, "If the Dragon just' wants the egg back, I'm with Mud on it, if he doesn' wanna talk to us, then we jus'... Ah don't know..." She'd say, shrugging her shoulders, before sitting down, just inside the door now, "And Spitfire is our leader?" She'd ask, sounding a little confused, before shaking her head.

She'd shift and get comfortable, watching everyone, wondering what the concrete plan was.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Roll: 11

Valentine looked around noticing a distinct lack of Wind Whistler as she followed the group along and now there was a new horse here.
"...Wow you ponies really do have the lifespan of mayflies! Does explain why you all went to the uh...whatstheword..."
She tapped her hoof on the ground in thought with her face furrowed as she tried to remember the word for hospital.
"Dying-People Zoo! I for one will miss Wind Whistler."
She smiled down at the ground, hoping somewhere, their dearly departed friend was looking back up at them as she burned in Hell and knew they would carry on in her memory.

"Okay then, keep your secrets. I got plenty of my own. So many it's a secret how many secrets I have! You can call me Miss Valentine but then what do I call you? Miss Story? It works on many levels so I'd take it if I were you!"
She beamed happily at her new acquaintance.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Shadeofshade Shadeofshade GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Rainbow really wasn't exactly sure what they were going to do now. A blue dragon you could at least talk to, assuming they're not overcome by anger and rage, so maybe that could be their first step. Help the dragon locate their egg, and then maybe with their help to steal it back for them. Sounds like a good plan in her head. This is a group effort, however, and democracy is a thing. So the majority vote is what goes.

"Yeah, since we didn't get the dragon egg and I don't want Spitfire getting assassinated, we'll need to find a different way of getting that egg back." She snickered lightly at the mention of Spitfire being the leader, throwing her foreleg over her marefriend's shoulders. "Hear that? I guess you're our leader now." Dash beamed at them.

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus @Lightspeed Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
"I'm the leader?... I'm the leader!" Spitfire burst out with a laugh, before quickly reining herself in and glancing around. Actually, was she the leader? She might be. She kinda had more experience than the others at leading a team, so maybe this might work? Then again she had no experience actually adventuring. The dragon didn't count because Starlight and Mud did most of the work. Mostly Starlight.

Spitfire glanced between Applebloom and Midnight... and then straight up laughed. "Sure, Midnight. You can go grab some training weapons, so that you don't hurt Ms. Bloom. Please bring some padded hoof wraps as well so that she doesn't kill you."

"The group consensus seems to be that we should seek out Borak and speak with him. Let him know where the egg is and that we are, if things go well, on his side with this. Stealing a child from an evil dragon does not make the act itself any less evil. Let us get a move on, and find this dragon..."

The travel to the dragons cave would take nearly a week, and the group had to prepare accordingly. After stocking up on the proper amount of rations, tents and anything else the ground wanted, they set out...

On the fourth night, during Midnight's watch, the group came under attack. A blaring warhorn sounded from close by, and before anybody knew what was happening a group of monsters had strolled into camp!

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
103a947a36389f080ed95c186c60e6f9.jpg
Apparently the group had been studied, as the enemies knew exactly who to go after first. Spitfire and Rainbow were awoken from their sleep by the blaring warhorn and a split second later, a pair of massive snarling hyena's tore their way into the pairs tent. One hyena attacked Rainbow, and the other attacked Spitfire. The unprepared sorcerer was not ready for a massive hyena to suddenly be in her face, so she shot up her foreleg in front of her throat to defend it. The hyena sank its teeth into her foreleg and began to tear at her, but Spitfire remained quite calm throughout the ordeal despite bleeding quite harshly.

Rainbow got it even worse than Spitfire did. The hyena latched right onto Rainbow's throat, sinking its teeth into her. However, this hyena was actually weaker than the one on Spitfire; it was considerably smaller. It put a surprising lack of pressure on Rainbow's throat.

RAINBOW: Critically hit for 14 piercing damage.

Seeing that Rainbow was in trouble, Spitfire did what she was good at; she concentrated hard on her inner magic and called it forth. It was a lot easier to summon her magic when her lover was in danger. Storm clouds began to brew overhead and in less than a second a massive bolt of lightning came down from the sky, striking the hyena that had a hold of Rainbow's neck. The creature gave a loud yelp, and then fell over dead. That was a bolt of lightning that even Salacia would be proud of!

Of course, Spitfire was kind of still in danger. Apparently she was quite serious about the 'I would die for you' thing, because she didn't even consider killing the hyena latched onto her foreleg. She saw Rainbow get grabbed and immediately focused on that.

Avedon Avedon
The next attack came to Valentine, as a pony strolled right into her tent with a sick smile on his face. He was tossing a scimitar and dagger through the air and paused only for a brief moment to look at his victim. She didn't look like a regular mare, but he would enjoy this nonetheless. He lunged right at her, his scimitar swinging twice at her and his dagger stabbing in afterwards! Only one attack actually hit, as the scimitar gouged across her back.

VALENTINE: Hit with a 22 for 5 slashing damage.

636332054883842722.jpeg
Midnight got by far the worst enemy on him. Seeing as how he was guarding the camp, the monster leading this assault went right after Midnight. The clicking of legs on sand would be heard as a giant scorpion came into view, with the torso of a twisted man. The creature lashed out with a spiked chain at Midnight, which wrapped painfully around the bat ponies body!

After getting the chain around Midnight, the creature pulled Midnight towards him and lashed out with its poisonous stinger! However this time the creature missed... thankfully. The stinger was dripping with a green liquid that sizzled the sand where it touched.

MIDNIGHT: Hit with a 22 for 7 points of piercing damage. You are restrained (see condition) and can attempt to escape the restraint by making a DC 11 Dexterity check (not saving throw).
---------------------
Spitfire Stats
HP: 24/39
AC: 13
Sorcery Points: 5/5

• HP: 49/49
    AC: 12

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Valentine was a very hard and deep sleeper. A fact evident since their misadventures on the pirate ship. Tonight however was an exceptional performance as her response to the blowing horn was to just let out a snarling yawn and flip to the side in her sleep, tossing and turning between positions with a bit of drool running from her lips as the bandit strolled in to find his seeming easy quarry. His scimitar swiped in a deadly arc at her neck only...for her to curl up against her pillow, chewing on it with a pleased and sleepy smile. When he went to stab her she once again changed positions, rolling onto her back with her pillow that caught the dagger and got yanked away by the blade. It was only with the final swipe that grazed her as she splayed out in an awkward position, the sword found itself cutting into her and rather than blood pouring out of her, flecks of fire and a stream of screams born on a discordant wind blew out at him as her magical barrier and nature melded around the blow. That finally made her open an eye.

"Nnnngggghaaaah.....g'morning Mr. Bandit."

She let out a deep yawn, one that shook her whole body Her mind still half lost in a dream seemed to drag her body with it as well as it became as immaterial and intangible as the the writing in dreams, a vague outline of something that was there but constantly shifting away leaving only an impression of where the mare was. She dragged her hooves under her and as she took a few steps and made it to the edge of the tent as she grabbed her kit and set about brushing her teeth, getting the back of her fangs like a good girl!

"...wait a minute..."
The gears in her head turned as she blinked blearily at the scene before her. Giant bug holding her rogue-friend on a leash, Spitfire and Rainbow making crazy screams inside their tent, some weirdo totally named Mr. Bandit in her tent, Midnight screaming about an ambush? That second one just meant the two were probably banging again but the rest were red-flags! The camp was under attack! She figured out the well-hidden mystery of the day! Without aaaanyone's help!

With one hoof still brushing her teeth she raised the other that sparkled with lightning and sent a blast at the Bandit in her tent!

Reaction: Blink (12 - Phased)

Action: Storm Bolt - 17 (9+8)

Bandit Chief: 12 Lightning damage

Concentration: Blink - Turn 1/4

Valentine
HP: 35
Shield: 13/15
AC: 14
---
Twist of Fate: 20
Sin of the Day: Sloth

Spell Slots

Novice: 5/6
Apprentice 1/1

Last edited:
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

It was a night like any other on this new journey. Things were quiet and Midnight was on Guard duty for tonight. The desert was hot, as expected, and...suddenly very loud. A horn was sounded suddenly and then, out of nowhere, a chain shot out and wrapped around his body.

When it wrapped around his body, he felt the pain from the spikes on the chain and the yanking of the holder as they pulled him towards them. After that Midnight felt a small gust of wind next to him. He looked and saw the tail of what looked like a...Scorpion...Man...Thing buried next to him. When it pulled it back he saw the tail drip with a green liquid that sizzled on contact with the sand.

This was not a good situation and would only get worse. Midnight’s first priority was to get away from this...Scorpion...Man...Thing. So he decided to spin to get out of the chain.

Dexterity Check vs DC 11 Disadvantage -

Roll 1 - 17+4

Roll 2 - 20+4

As Midnight got out of the chains, he saw what he was up against. “Time for me to make your Light’s Go Out.” As he said those words, he cast Light’s Go Out on the...Scorpion...Man...Thing.

The Tlincalli needs to make a Constitution Saving Throw of DC15

When Midnight finished casting his spell, he decided to get away from that tail. Using what he had learned he used the...Scorpion...Man...Thing as a springboard to jump away.

Midnight used Uncanny Action

After landing, Midnight turned his head and shouted “WE’RE UNDER ATTACK!!!” in an attempt to warn everyone. After that, he turned back to the...Scorpion...Man...Thing, the Scorpan as he decided until he was told otherwise, and drew his weapons to prepare himself for a potential attack.

Midnight readyed Serpent’s Swiftness

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Shadeofshade Shadeofshade

Mud Pie had been out of her tent for almost an hour at this point, studying the campsite's soil under the moonlight. She always had trouble sleeping in an unfamiliar place. Plus it was nice to indulge in her hobby where nopony would think her strange. That's when she heard Midnight's cry. The camp was under attack. With a silent, understated fury, Mud galloped back to the camp at full speed. Her face was a mask of focused wrath, locking onto the creature that was attacking Midnight with laser accuracy. When she reached the scorpion-like creature, she unleashed a barrage of punches, each strong enough to crack rock, though not outright shatter it. She was tired, after all.

Bonus Action- Rage

Attack Action- Tlincalli gets these hooves: 18 (11+7)
Damage: 16 (7+4+3+2)

Extra Attack- Tlincalli gets these hooves: 24 (17+7)
Damage: 10 (2+4+2+2)

HP: 62
AC: 16
Rage: 10 rounds

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon

Applebloom awoke with a start, snorting loudly as she floundered in her sleeping bag. She ripped her way out with her hooves, and quickly got up, heading out. She watched a bandit going into Val's tent, and looked to see Mud and Midnight handling... Whatever the fuck that thing was. She'd blink, before looking to Val's tent, galloping over to help her deal with the punk fighting her quickly. She'd roll up behind him, swinging out quickly with her hooves!

Action used: Attack (Bandit Captain)
Hit: 23 (r16 + 7)
Damage: 10! (r5 + 5) (Blunt)

She'd land a solid hit on his head, and swung back around with her hoof, going for another!

Second Action: Attack (Bandit Captain)
Hit: 25! (r18 + 7)
Damage: 8! (r3 + 5) (Blunt)

The second attack was pretty damn solid too! And she'd opt for good measure, and spun around, bringing her leg up for a kick, hoping to deal him out!

Bonus Action Used: Attack! (Bandit Captain)
Hit: 14 (r7 + 7)
Damage: 8! (r3 + 5) (Blunt)

She'd barely catch the back of his head, but some might say it would feel worse to catch the end of a hoof! She'd step back, and made sure to keep a close eye on him, staying light on her hooves.

---------
Applebloom
AC: 17
HP: 43/43

Last edited:
Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Shadeofshade Shadeofshade

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Just like she expected, Rainbow quickly came to Spitfire's rescue! A flurry of kicks and punches assaulted the giant hyena, who quickly let go of Spitfire's leg and recoiled in pain. The giant beast took one look at them... and then ran away with its tail tucked between its legs! At the end of the day, it was just an animal, and no animal wanted to fight to the death. Spitfire watched the hyena run, and then looked over at Rainbow.

"Let's go!" She said as they stepped out of the tent and looked around. Their was another pony there wielding a scimitar and a dagger, but Applebloom looked to be handling him quite easily. The only other creature in the camp was a strange scorpion looking thing. "I will handle that, you help Applebloom!" Spitfire barked out, before heading over towards the Tlincalli.

Avedon Avedon GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
This was the single most confusing fight of the Bandit Chief's life. He was missing a sleeping target! How was he missing a sleeping target?! He wasn't even giddy when he finally hit her, he was mostly relieved that she had stopped accidentally avoiding all of his attacks. As the mare stood up, he smiled and thought he had this won! But suddenly a bolt of lightning struck him and she disappeared right afterwards!

He ran outside, only to be met by a storm of hooves from Applebloom. He got his solidly the first two times, but dodged the third hoof strike. He responded by slashing out at her with his scimitar and dagger... and missing every damn time.

What was with these bandit captains and being unable to hit Applebloom?

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
[B]Tlincalli Constitution Check: [/B]23

As Midnight attempted to blind the creature via shadow magic, it puffed out its chest and stood defiantly against the night's power. The chilling darkness that had begun to creep along its eyes was suddenly banished by its hardiness! It settled its eyes angrily on Midnight, who just tried to blind it. It was just about to attack Midnight, when suddenly Mud appeared from nowhere and began to lay into the creature with her hooves! Its chitin cracked slightly under the attack, but it stood strong.

Sending that it was outnumbered, the creature pulled a ruby from its neck and shattered it! From the broken shards of ruby rose an enormous fire elemental, who immediately set its eyes on Mud.

The fire elemental reached out towards Mud to try and burn her, but missed both attempts!

Meanwhile the Tlincalli had its eyes set on Midnight. It again lashed out with its spiked chain, and again wrapped it around Midnight's torso! The painful thing dug deeply into his flesh, and pulled him towards the Tlincalli... and it's venomous stinger. This time the Tlincalli's aim was more accurate and the stinger dug painfully into Midnight's skin, pumping venom into his body that would kill a lesser creature instantly.

MIDNIGHT, SPIKED CHAIN: Hit with a 24 for 5 damage. You are restrained (see condition) and can escape by using your [I]action[/I] to make a DC 11 Dexterity Check (not save).

MIDNIGHT, STING: Hit with an 18 for 17 damage. 5 of this was piercing damage, 12 of it was poison damage. Additionally, you must make a DC 15 Constitution Saving Throw or be poisoned (see condition) for 10 rounds. If you fail this save by 5 or more, you are instead paralyzed (see condition).

It was at this time that Spitfire finally arrived to help the two. Seeing as how they were under attack by a fire elemental and a giant insect, she had to carefully choose targets. Mud seemed to be dealing with the fire elemental fine, but Midnight looked like he was in trouble! Spitfire called upon some of the darker magic she had learned, and caused the Tlincalli's own shadow to begin to writhe and then lashed out at the real Tlincalli! It connected solidly, and the real one writhed in pain!

As Spitfire let off her powerful shadow spell, she seemed to grow more confident in herself! In reality that was just the Weave clinging to her and making her appear more powerful and Charismatic than she actually was.

---------------------
Spitfire Stats
HP: 24/39
Spell Slots: 5/6 - 0/1
Spell Save DC: 15

Wild Magic Surge: Advantage on Charisma checks for the next 24 hours.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon

Applebloom narrowly moved around the slashes she got in return from the bandit, and looked him in the eyes. She saw just another monster, attacking ponies in the night. She was going to try and take Lucian and Fluttershy's words to heart. She'd hop lightly in pace, switching between which hooves she landed on, before spinning around, swinging out quickly with her hooves!

Action used: Attack! (Bandit Captain)
Hit: Miss!

Applebloom's eyes widened a bit as she swung to wide, but threw more momentum into her turn, and whipped back around, going to a follow up strike!

Second Action used: Attack! (Bandit Captain!)
Hit: 26! (r16 + 7)
Damage: 13! (r6 + 7) Blunt

She'd give him a good one across the draw, and came out of the spin, grinning at the pony, before punching out forward, letting out a yell.

Bonus Action Used: Attack! (Bandit captain)
Hit: 21! (r14 +7)
Damage: 13! (6 + 7)

Applebloom slugged him good, and stepped back a bit, wondering if he'd keep standing. He wasn't looking so good, and might even have a broken muzzle! Yikes!

------------
Applebloom
AC: 17
HP:43/43

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
The Bandit Captain felt spasms of Valentine's enchanted yawns rock through his body, a bolt of lightning escaping his mouth each time to arc through the air and strike his distant allies. As Applebloom began to crack and break his body he'd stagger back and fall into Valentine's bed. Valentine paused the combat to rinse and held her toothbrush out like a wand! It's bristled tips sparkled with enamel-fortifying power and also DOOM!
"Just as my leading brand of fluoride-paste thwarts the attacks of insidious cavities while I sleep, so too will your ambush falter against my magical might! Behold the minty-fresh power of Hell!"

The sparks of magic turned into a swarm of ethereal skulls that dove through the air, circling high above and looking for perfect, unerring paths to strike the enemies around her as they dove in and turned into lances of pure arcane-energy that speared into the mouths of all three of the foes before her.

Attack - Arcane Missiles
Missile 1 (Bandit Captain) - 3 Force Damage
Missiles 2-5 (Tlincalli) - 13 Total Force Damage (3, 5, 3, 2)

Storm Bolt - Triggered
Tlincalli - 8 Lightning Damage
Fire Elemental - 6 Lightning Damage

Passive
Blink - (11 - Phased)

Concentration - Blink 2/4 Turns

Valentine
HP: 35
Shield: 15/15
AC: 14
---
Twist of Fate: 20
Sin of the Day: Sloth

Spell Slots

Novice: 4/6
Apprentice 1/1

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Mud backed up when a Fire Elemental emerged from the broken crystal, and swiped at her. She dodged both attacks, but was being driven back, away from Midnight who needed her help. Mud gritted her teeth, and tried to punch her way through. She landed one punch but the pain caused her second blow to get sloppy and it didn't connect. Her leading hoof was now singed, and she blew on it. Trying to fight this thing with her hooves was a bad idea. She'd need a weapon of some kind. All she had her her Edaphology supplies, which were back in her tent!

Attack Action- Fire Elemental gets these hooves: 21 (14+7)
Damage: 17 (7+4+4+2)

Extra Attack- Fire Elemental gets these hooves: 10 (3+7)

HP: 62
AC: 16
Rage: 9 rounds

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Midnight knew he had to hold out till he got help. Mud came very quickly and landed a solid blow, then the Fire Elemental appeared. What’s worse, he was wrapped in the chain, yanked back to the Scorpan again and...Pain, so much pain. He was struck by the tail of the Scorpan.

Constitution saving throw vs DC 15 - 13 Fail poison succeed paralisis

Midnight could feel the poison flowing into him. He could feel his body fight it, his body seemed to win against something but failed to fight the poison. He started to feel sluggish. He knew that he could not fight like this much longer but he didn’t want to leave Mud on her own with the Elemental. Then, he heard it. A cry of pain from the direction of the Scorpan. With that a plan was formed. His first priority was to escape the chains...again.

Dexterity check vs DC 11 Disadvantage -

Roll 1 - 18+4

Roll 2 - 16+4

After he untangled them he unveiled his wings and flapped them hard enough to kick up some sand so he could get away, to where he would land behind Spitfire.

Midnight used Uncanny Action

As he was on his way over to where he wanted to be he shouted “SPITFIRE, MUD, USE THESE!!!” and he threw both his normal Dagger so it would land in front of Spitfire and his Celtic Long Knife so it would land between the Fire Elemental and Mud, hoping that they found their marks. When he landed he drew out two Throwing Daggers and readied himself for what he hoped would not happen.

Midnight readies Serpent’s Swiftness

HP 2/31
AC 15 (+5 if attacked)
Spell Slots
Novice 2/3

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
Rainbow smirked when the hyena was sent running with it's tail between their legs. Hell yeah, you don't fuck with her marefriend, you big dumb animal! Better not ever say that out loud. She ran out of the tent, bewildered about being randomly attacked by all of these things! A pony, two hyenas, a scorpion thing, and a fucking fire elemental!? Where the hell had they all come from? Why were they even attacking them!? A bunch a bunch of pansies, attacking sleeping targets!

The bandit captain that Spitfire had told her to help with... was already done for! They were beaten to a pulp before she had even reached them, but since they're pretty much decomissioned, that means Applebloom and Valentine can help in other places!

"You two, go help Mud with the fire asshole! I'm going for the scorpion!" She called out to them.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Though the wounds to her neck were stinging a bit, the hyena hadn't gotten her badly enough she couldn't fight. Rainbow came up behind the scorpion to rain hell down on them! She jumped up into the air, using her wings to help propel herself, and came back down with a harsh kick to the scorpion's back. She unleashed a second and third hit, looking to strike between the chitin plates.

She jumped over to stand with Midnight after that, looking extremely disgruntled. "Get your ugly butt away from my friends, you oversized roach!"

Rainbow's attack on TlincalliTo-hit
Attack 1: 18 (9, +9)
Attack 2: 22 (13, +9)

Damage
Attack 1: 14 (8 Blunt, 6 Fire)
Attack 2: 17 (12 Piercing, 5 Fire)

Bonus Action - Extra Attack
To-hit: 23 (14, +9)
Damage: 15 (13 Piercing, 2 Fire)

Total: 46 damage!

Rainbow Dash's StatsHP: 28/42
AC: 18

Buffs
Got Your Back, Rainbow!
: Rainbow Dash hooves are lit on fire by Spitfire, granting her an additional 1d6 Fire damage on every attack.

Avedon Avedon GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
Applebloom’s assault had the bandit on the edge of death, and then Valentine’s missiles came over and finished him off! The bandit let out a shriek of terror as the blazing hellfire skulls descended on him, turning him to a burnt corpse upon impact.

That left two enemies on the field, but also the toughest two…

Not that Valentine had to deal with any of the enemies, because immediately after attacking she disappeared again. She did hear something that would probably make her laugh though; the giant bug monster swore as it saw her disappear!

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
As Mud swung at the creature, she immediately noticed two things. One, this fire elemental was indeed made of fire. It burned her as she touched it! Two, her hoof didn’t feel like it connected like it should have. The hit was incredibly accurate, well placed, but its fiery body seemed to mold itself around her hoof. The creature barely looked hurt!

The fire elemental again reached out to touch Mud, missing the first time and making contact the second time! Mud would immediately feel the elemental move to engulf her, burning away fur and flesh as it did so. It then moved right through her, towards Spitfire.

MUD: Mud takes 8 fire damage from hitting the elemental. She takes another 4 fire damage from the elemental moving through her, and was hit with a 19 for 14 points of fire damage with its touch attack. In addition, Mud is now on fire and takes 5 fire damage at the start of her next turn. She can use an action to douse the flames, or someone else can douse them as an action. The elemental is passing through her space to move to Spitfire, so Mud can use her reaction to make an AoO.

Spitfire was not expecting the elemental to come right up to her and stop in her space. The elemental was not expecting the Pegasus to literally laugh off its flames. Of all the ponies to light on fire, Spitfire and Valentine weren’t high up on the list. Spitfire took one look around and sensed that they were all in a bit of trouble here. Midnight was nearly dead, Mud was literally on fire. Friends first.

Thankfully it didn't seem like anybody had to worry about the Tlincalli anymore, as Rainbow Dash diving on the thing literally destroyed its entire head. That was a lot of weight to suddenly come bearing down on it! Spitfire, who was currently on fire, waved to Rainbow and cheered happily. "Good job sweetie! I'm just going to he- OW WHY!" She cried out as the elemental turned and lashed at her as she tried to move away. Unlike the flaming fur of Mud, Spitfire's entire body was caught in an inferno!

She got crit again...

Spitfire wasn't looking so good. She was very close to passing out, but the fire didn't hurt her like the others! She was still hanging on.

Despite being on fire, Spitfire came to Mud and used her magic to douse the flames around Mud's body. Mud was no longer burning. "There ya go.. champ... please help me..."

Spitfire used her action to put out the flames on Mud.

---------------------
Spitfire Stats
HP: 3/39
Spell Slots: 5/6 - 0/1
Spell Save DC: 15

Status: On fire (2d10 damage per round, ally can use an action to put out).

Wild Magic Surge: Advantage on Charisma checks for the next 24 hours.

• HP: 99/123
    AC: 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back