• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

MLP - Age of Exploration (D&D 5e Custom System)

Characters
Here
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
That was a pretty stupid threat to make right to her. Rainbow's eyes narrowed to slits when Serrated Steel's voice entered her mind, the muscles in her body tightening slightly at the threat. She was not scared of this pony or whatever other accomplices they happened to have. Considering that she's stared down far worse than some backwater trash dump who is in a tent, this didn't really compare to the likes of Discord or Sombra.

Instead, there was a small smirk that came to her face after it. "You'll die trying." She said evenly, a spark of electricity running along her face. Make all the threats in the world, attacking Spitfire would be pretty much equal to attacking Rainbow. If you're going to not be stupid enough to attack her directly, why would you be dumb enough to take the risk of attacking her marefriend instead?

Almost immediately afterward, she turned around and went out of the tent at Spitfire's insistence. "Yep. Time to go collect a dragon egg, I guess." This would be interesting. While she certainly knew how to be quiet, sneaking into a noble's tower was never something she's done before. A hospital, once.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Applebloom would look to Windy when the blindfolds were revealed, "... I... We've come this far... Right?" She'd ask, before slowly taking the blindfold, turning it over in her hoof, raising a brow. Slowly, she'd put it on, but left one eye revealed for the moment, "Why exactly do we need to do this? Surely it can't be far. Do you just not want us to see where it is?" She'd ask, raising a brow. She knew that was the reason, she just wanted to hear him say it. She'd tug the blindfold down over her remaining eye, sighing deeply.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus

Wind looked around at the assorted creatures who had been gathered. They looked tough, but compared to the likes of Crunch, Squirk, Arabus, Lavan, and all manner of other powerful creatures who had threatened Dream Valley over the years, this lot were nothing she couldn't handle. The Dragon might be a little more challenging than the rest.

When she was given the blindfold, Wind returned Applebloom's look. "We have, and it would be illogical to back out now," she answered, before putting her own blindfold on without hesitation.

Avedon Avedon D. Rex D. Rex
"Valentine, please, for the love of Celestia... shut up." Trixie said while just staring at the mare and shaking her head. One or two jokes was okay but holy crap even Trixie couldn't handle this many bad jokes in under a minute. Plus Trixie was kind of distracted by the newly arrived dragon. She didn't really know what to make of him at all.

... But lying to her wouldn't work! "... Okay well, welcome to the party. This is Valentine." She said while motioning at the devil to her left. "And I'm Trixie, but I am not a part of your group. Just helping out. We are about to go to a party and see if we can find information on Borak the Blue Dragon who lives in the area."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
The pony did not look worried about that threat. In fact he smiled! He didn't respond though, and merely waved at Rainbow and Spitfire as they left.

As they walked, Spitfire looked upwards and noted that the sun was beginning to go down. She looked back over at Rainbow and smiled a bit. She spoke in Rainbow's mind, because speaking openly about a break in was fucking stupid when you could just do it telepathically. "... I can be a quiet mare, but my colors don't work for stealth. I should at least stop and buy some dark clothing to cover my bright orange fur up with."

... Yeah her colours kinda stood out!

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
The stallion just stared at Applebloom like she had two heads. "... Of course we do not want you to see where it is. This is highly illegal. Now then... put the blindfold on and stand still. Everybody please huddle together."

The next thing Wind and Applebloom would be able to hear is the sound of... chalk! Somepony was drawing a teleportation circle around the group. Now the blindfolds made perfect sense, because teleportation circles were all linked with a specific series of runes. If anypony knew the runes, they could access the fighting guild at any time. So they had to keep it secret.

A few minutes later they would feel the world convulse and shift around them, before the blindfolds were magically removed from their heads!

They were in a brightly lit room, surrounded by weapons. Real weapons, that they could take. This was not a set up of any sort, it was a serious fighters guild! The stallion from before smiled at everyone and nodded. "Find a weapon you like, and go to your assigned pit. You two," He pointed at Wind and Applebloom. "You're in Pit 8. Remember, you just have to finish the gauntlet and you will be rewarded handsomely. Pick any weapons and equipment that you want from the shelves around you, or use your own."

Around them were an assortment of +1 weapons and armour! Which would have to be returned after the fighting, of course.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Whether or not that pony cared about the threat at all didn't really matter. Rainbow would be keeping a much closer eye on Spitfire regardless.

Spitfire had a point there though. She looked down at herself as well, particularly, poking her rainbow mane. "Uh... yeeeaaaah... you may be on to something there. I'm going to need some darker clothes as well. I used to have a little suit at home, but... didn't know we'd be sneaking around." She actually liked that sneak suit, too. Oh well. Some lame, casual ninja costume or something will just have to do. "I may be a bit more of a sore hoof than you... to the market or something for some darker threads, then? "

This might be a bit more difficult than she had previously thought. Rainbow hadn't really considered the fact that she was both extremely recognizable, and she was also so brightly colored that sneaking around would be difficult. This is one of those times where she should have rolled Rogue instead of Monk. But Monks are 20% cooler than Rogues so it'll have to do!

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver D. Rex D. Rex
It was good practice for Trixie's eventual trip to Hell. Maybe she was already there. Valentine looked very pleased though.
"Hahah, I will spare you my great devilish torments then Trixie as you are working with me!"
That's what she said outside, but inside a little bit of Valentine's hopes of being a comedian died. Her name was going to have been Valentine-sy the Clown...on second thought if she couldn't come up with a better name maybe this was for the best.
"Hey dragon, you want to go to a fancy party? I'm thinking there's someone there that collects dragon body-parts and stuff!"
She jumped from one hoof to the other, doing her best to run in place to keep from taking off to it immediately

Applebloom was more than thrilled by the fact that this was legit. She'd smile at the stallion, rubbing the back of her head, "Hey uh... Sorry 'bout all the mistrust... Can never be to careful, ya know?" She'd say, chuckling nervously. She'd look around the room, blinking her eyes a few times, feeling a bit ill from the teleportation, but she was somewhat used to it, with Lucian being with her, they often used magic to travel, so it wasn't as bad.

She'd look at her hoof wraps, and then at everything else in the room, but opted not to take anything, "Ah think Ah'm fine as is." She'd say, smiling, before looking at Windy, "What're ya gonna take?" She'd ask, smiling.

Wind slowly opened her eyes to allow them to get accustomed to the light after having been blindfolded. It was just as well, as the room was bright. Weapons and armor adorned the walls. Wind listened to the briefing as she continued to look around the room, scouting out the competition. They all looked serious. Wind was very out of place here, physically, and the looks she was getting let her know that she wasn't alone in thinking that.

The two of them got told they'd be in pit 8, and to pick out their equipment. After some looking around, Wind picked a nice lightweight set of +1 leather armour, and a +1 shortbow, along with a quiver of arrows. She was a pegasus. Her strength lay in maneuverability, so it wold be counterproductive to pick something more protective yet cumbersome. After she was finished, she looked to Applebloom. "I see you haven't picked out any items. It would be logical to don some armor, or utilize some of the claws or knuckles this room has to offer. This equipment is high grade."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon

Hurrico looked a bit incredulously at the blue pony. Was he really sent here to help deal with dragon? "Wait. Are we talking like a proper dragon? Or those uppity super magical ones?" He asked. And yes, he considered his kind of dragon to be the proper kind. Dictionary be damned.

Probably the latter anyway... maybe Celestia really was trying to kill him. Heck. Next thing he knew she'd probably send him on some errand in hell or something. Well, it was die to Borat, or suffer through whatever Celestia would probably do to him if he refused.

However this extraordinarily hyper pony by him was making him reconsider...Hyper and loud. He wondered if she was going to be one of the obnoxious kinds of ponies. Oh Rico, how redundant! Obnoxious and pony were practically synonymous.

It could be worse, at least this one only seemed excitable. Being excited about organ trafficking wasnt nessecarily a bad sign, so why not give her the benefit of the doubt. Its not like he was being asked to help with any sort of friendship problem, so he might as well look on the bright side.

"Sure, why not. A party is a party, right? Let's go." He said to Valentine. "And I am Hurrico."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"Let's play a game called 'Who Sticks Out More, The Golden Pegasus Or The Blue Pegasus?'" Spitfire said with a little mental chuckle and a shake of her head. Rainbow Dash was at least camouflaged against the daytime sky for the most part, while Spitfire could sometimes hide in areas of really bright light. But overall... neither of them were a very stealthy colour, not like Aurelia or anything.

After the two had gotten some more stealth-worthy clothing, it was time for the mission to begin. The sun had set and they could properly stealth around now. The first order of business was to get near Lady Goldstream's mansion where the party was taking place. That took no time or effort at all. Spitfire and Rainbow waited until all of the guests had arrived and entered the house... and then it was time to act.

On this particular side of the house there were 3 guards patrolling. They could do any number of things such as lure one of them over and attempt to take him out, then take the other two out individually, or even kill them all if Rainbow and Spitfire were feeling a bit more... forceful. Or attempt to slip on by!

Thankfully Spitfire had telepathy, so all of their planning could happen in their heads. "Three guards, one window open near the fourth floor. We can fly to the window but might get spotted, or we can knock a guard or two out and increase our chances of getting up there. But they might call for help..."

"I approached you near sunset and shadily asked if you wanted to come fight in my highly illegal ring. I didn't give you my name. I made you wear blindfolds while you were teleported. I think it's fair to say that your distrust was well placed, though I hope you understand the necessity for secrecy." The ring leader said with a little smile and a nod.

Whenever the pair had decided what they wanted to bring, it was their turn to step into the ring. A dragon was just being hauled out of Pit 8. On the way into the pit the ring leader just smiled at them and nodded. "Good luck in there, Pegasus. You too, Aasimar." He said with a little nod at Applebloom. He obviously smelled the angelic presence on her and thought she was literally an Aasimar.

As the pair stepped into the ring, the bars slid shut behind them. And then the announcer spoke up! "Mmmmmaaaaarrrrreeesss and gentlecolts, get ready for another BRUTAL battle between the noble ponies...." he pointed at Wind and Applebloom. "And the worst scum of ponykind!"

And with that the opposite gate opened, and two ponies stepped out! One was clad in robes, but... looking at him hurt both of their eyes. The other was wearing a suit of gleaming full plate armour and carried a greatsword.

They weren't playing around. The knight immediately rushed forward towards Wind who appeared to be the physically weakest opponent, and struck out against her twice with his greatsword! The first attack missed completely, but the second found its way through her fur and cut deeply.

WIND: First attack missed with an 8. Second attack hit with a 17 for 9 damage.

The magic user meanwhile had a different plan. He wasn't taking this fight very seriously, seeing both of his opponents as weak... but he wasn't going to slack because of it. He cast a very tricky spell on Applebloom...

APPLEBLOOM: Make a DC 13 Intelligence Saving Throw. On a failed save, you believe that you have fallen into a trapdoor pit, filled with acid. You take 4 acid damage and will continue to take different amounts of damage each turn. You may spend your full round action to make a DC 13 Intelligence Ability Check to determine a way out. On a success you realize that this is an illusion, and you are freed from its grasp.

• HP: 48/48
    AC: 18

"It's a real dragon. Not the lame kind, like you." Trixie replied with a little arch of her eyebrow at Rico and a smirk. She was just jesting of course, but she enjoyed insulting people. It was fun. And just like that... the pair were off to Lady Goldstream's house!

They arrived not long after and made their way inside. It was there that they would part ways with Trixie. "I am going to mingle, and will meet you back here in two hours. Oh, and... Hurrico, Valentine... keep a low profile and find out what you can. Don't attract unnecessary attention. There are many powerful ponies in this room and I do not want to save your asses."

In other words... Charisma check time!

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Rainbow cracked a grin at that, giving Spitfire a little elbow to the side. "I think I've caught you beat on that one, look at my mane. Hard to hide all of that in the middle of the night." And she knew that out of sheer experience. It was a nightmare just to get it in a good enough place to even consider sneaking around.

After all was said and done, she was now sporting a full body black suit, along with a hood and a cap, just to put all of that mane away. It was going to be even worse for Spitfire because she had a lot more mane than Rainbow! At least getting into the house altogether wasn't really that difficult to begin with. The guards would be distracted with the party for the most part, and the few outliers could be easily dealt with. They were pretty capable pegasi. Smart, too.

The three that they came up against, she turned her head up towards the window. "I think we'd have a better shot at knocking them out than getting up there undetected," Rainbow mused lightly, weighting their options. Besides that, knocking the guards out could mean they could use that same route to get back out of the mansion as well. Assuming there isn't a nearby window simply to fly out into the night sky.

Dash turned her head, looking back at Spitfire. "You wanna do the honors and lure one out? It'd be easier if we can knock him out first and then do the other two before they notice. Or just kill them all. What do you think? "

Wind looked a little disgruntled at being introduced as the worst scum of ponykind, and it showed. She was holding her bow tightly. Unfortunately, there was no signal to start and she was rushed before she could get out of the way. Thank the heavens for her armor or that could have been nasty! Wind fired an arrow in retaliation. It bounced harmlessly off the knight's armor. She was going to have to fight smart here.

She looked to Applebloom. She was up against some kind of magic user, who was attempting some kind of spell. Wind whistled a tune, that would give Applebloom the mental fortitude to attack back with greater force and focus.

Action: +1 Shortbow - To hit: 16 (9+7)

Bonus Action: Bardic Inspiration to Applebloom (1D8 to add to an attack roll)

Reaction: Blessing of Might on Applebloom (+2 to hit and +4 to damage with melee weapons for 10 rounds)

HP: 33
AC: 15
Spell Points: 4
Bardic Inspiration: 3

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Like any Devil, Valentine already had an intricate plan prepared for how to mingle through this high-society ball and manipulate it to her own ends. This was like Baby's First Hell-Galla. Valentine not only was far from intimidated in this setting, but in this much greed and self-indulgence, she outright felt at home! Her and her kin thrived at preying on lawful-evil oligarchs like this! She strolled in with every confidence of belonging there in this party, immediately walking with the bearing of a rich noble rather than a broke adventurer. From one step to the next she seemed to subtly sling magic around her, changing her outfit to something even more fanciful if somewhat more eye-catching than Trixie would probably have recommended. Not so much she immediately caught the eye of anyone who glances her way but enough to be marked as different from the average wealthy pony at the party by anyone who stopped to speak to her. She moved right up to a small group of nobles and joining into their chuckling, her laugh haughtier than any of theirs, immediately marking her as an alpha-snoot!

"Splendid soiree isn't it? Where can I find our hostess anyways? I wished to pay my respect. I have been out of the country for ages. How has the old girl been?"

Charisma Check: 20 (18+2)
Sins: Pride

Last edited:

The dragon notably disappointed upon seeing the house. A rich pony party... what was the word they would use? Blase, yes. How blase... or droll. That was better. Hed have to think of a bunch of rich pony words... was this even a party? Where was the lasers and glowsticks and ear splitting bass?

Well, he might as well have fun with it. He slung his mace over his back and straightened his mismatched (but still shiny) armor. Even if he did stroll in naked, he highly doubted there was a way he would be able to walk in and go unnoticed. So what was a dragon to do? You own it.

Walking through the door with dragon sized confidence, Hurrico handed his helmet to the doorman whose taking coats. "Don't scratch the finish. And Celestia Bless you." He said before marching on in like he belonged.

He passed by a group of mares, he shot them a wink, a smirk, and double finger guns, "Ladies~. Quite the lovely gathering thanks to you all." He strutted on by to... hmm. Where should he go. Ah yes! Fancy people needed a drink! Ponies looked ten times regal with a drink in their hand, surely that held true for dragons too.

Rico would hunt down the first butlery or maidy looking pony he could. "Good pony! A Crystal Sunset, shaken, on the rocks with a Ruby chaser. And may the blessing of Celestia be upon you." He said. He didnt know if a Crystal Sunset was an actual cocktail or not, but it sounded like one.

"And and before you go, do you know where I can find our dear hostess? I wanted to give her Celestia's regards."

Charisma check: 21 (18+3)

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"I'm... not killing some poor guards, Rainbow." Spitfire said while shooting Rainbow what could only be called a 'you are worrying me' look. Killing them wasn't even an option. "I'm... no. Not happening. I have an idea for how to get rid of one guard, though... just give me a moment and stay quiet." Spitfire said, before waiting until the guards had mostly wandered apart. Once she could clearly get one guard alone while the others were out of view, she stepped out... or rather fell over and feigned being overly hurt.

"Oh please, help me sir! I have fallen and cannot get up! Whatever shall I do? Oh noooo...." She was writhing around in pain, apparently to an incredible degree because the guard totally bought it and rushed over with a short yelp of 'Ms!'. Little did he know he was being led into a trap!

Charisma Check: 27 (20+7)

The moment the guard approached, he immediately noticed that she was clad in black cloth and was obviously not hurt. But it was too late! A flash of green magic left Spitfire's hooves and struck the guard, who immediately went ridged and only let out a quiet groan as his body began to turn into solid stone. A few seconds later and they had a solid statue standing there. Spitfire gently laid the statue behind the bushes and eyed it for a moment. "... It's not murder, right? Somepony will... heal him."

--------------------
Spitfire Stats
HP: 39/39
AC: 17

Spell Points: 2/6
Sorcery Points: 5/5
Spell Save DC: 15

Valentine
Valentine fit right in here as if it was where she belonged! Because it probably was. All of these folk were ripe for having their souls taken. As she butted her way into the crowd of nobles with such charm and bravado, they ate it right up. It was like Valentine had been their friends for years! One stallion in the group spoke up and addressed her directly. "Oh darling, Lady Goldstream has been bedridden for years. She will likely be down sometime tonight to say hello, and then be escorted back upstairs by her guards. I'm afraid none of us will be talking to the hostess tonight!"

Rico
Everybody was, surprisingly, eating it up! A big, strong, handsome dragon just walked in and started finger-gunning mares and speaking with class, and everybody totally went for it. They didn't even notice that his armor was obviously mismatched, they only noticed that it was shiny! The blessings that he kept handing out were obviously a smart thing to do as well! These idiots couldn't tell the difference between a real blessing from a god and just simply having it spoken to them.

"One Crystal Sunset, uh... coming up!" the maid obviously had no fucking idea what that was. It wasn't even a real drink... but it was now! She threw a bunch of stuff in a glass and hoped that it turned out okay. It looked sunset-y so it must taste good, right? She handed it to Rico with a smile! "... Lady Goldstream? She is upstairs. You probably won't be able to see her, she's very sick."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Rainbow kind of knew that Spitfire wouldn't take that second option, but she might as well put it out there still. "It's more in case we, um... actually need to. Knocking them out all day is just fine usually, but occasionally, there are those ones who don't wanna stay down." As in, most of the angrier types they might face. Those few who are fucking literally too angry to die.

Those guys were big problems. Not only did they yell and scream a lot, when you finally did get them on death's bed, they took forever to die, too! Seriously. It is so damn annoying hearing them writhe around in agony for like five minutes straight while they died. It is a completely uncomfortable experience. If they would just give up then their suffering would end sooner. Nah, they've gotta make things as difficult as possible. Fuck those guys. Just die already.

She stayed in the bushes while Spitfire did her thing. And... they really actually sold it. Even Rainbow was convinced they had hurt themselves, if only for the fact that they knew Spitfire was faking. Then that guy suddenly became rock hard LOL and was now also hidden somewhere.

"... You aren't willing to kill them but you're willing to trap them in purgatory until somebody finds their stone corpse. Right." There was clear distaste in Rainbow's mental voice. At least she was putting them out of their misery quickly. Who knows how long that guy is gonna be stuck as a statue?

(Mentioned Valentine)

Ha! Hurrico couldn't believe this was actually working! Probably because this party was boring as heck, and dragons were just inherently stars of the party. If hed known the ponies were that receptive, he would have hammed it up even more.

Alas, he wasnt forgetting the reason he was here. Something about information about something, blag blah... some dragon stuff.

Rico took the glass provided by the maid and immediately took a sip. For theatrics, he seemed to contemplate on the flavor, finally he nodded. Did he actually worry about the taste? Ha! No, he ate rocks. And this one just so happened to have a rock in it, so score! "Hmmm, different." He said, purposefully teasing the idea she messed it up. He took another sip. "But, I dare say that this tastes better than original. And is certainly more colorful. Well done. I'll have to come here again just for your variant." He said, giving the maid a wink. Gotta turn up that charm.

Now he had to deal with the news about Lady Goldenshower. Uhg... why did she have to be so extra? Oh well, looks like he had an easy in. Even if it meant he actually had to help.

"Is she? My goodness I hadn't heard. All the more reason I must see her in immediately. As an extension of the grace of Celestia, my dear Princess would not forgive me if I did not try and ease her affliction. Please, lead me to her post haste!" Rico said, gesturing the maid pony to lead the way.

"But first, we need to fetch my lovely squire." Rico said, pointing over to where Valentine was mingling with some stuffy nobles. "The dear will be invaluable to me in helping the Lady Goldstream."

Int Check: 13 (11 + 2)
Thankfully, Applebloom was barely a smart enough pony to realise what the jig was, and avoided being mentally destroyed by an Illusion. She'd look at the wizard, then at Windy, seeing that she needed some help, and moved to help her instead.

Action Used: Attack (Knight)
To hit: 23 (15 + 8)
Damage: 10 (2 + 8)

She'd strike him once, before moving in quickly with a follow up, yelling at Windy, "Attack the magic guy!" SHe'd yell, before swinging quickly.

Action Used: Attack (Knight) (Second attack granted at lvl 5)
To Hit: 28 (20 + 8)
Damage: 15 ( 6,1 + 8)

She'd land a savage attack to his head, growling deeply, glaring daggers at the knight as she took a moment to steady herself, before swing again.

Bonus Action Used: Attack (Knight)
To hit: 27 (19 + 8)
Damage: 13 (5 + 8)

She'd grin as she landed her third hit, though was a bit upset that she'd not hit him as solidly that time. She took the chance to harness her Ki, and quickly prepared herself for retaliation.

Ki Point Used: 1 - Patient Defense. You may spend 1 Ki Point to give all attacks against you disadvantage for that round.

Applebloom finally stopped doing anything, and stood there, ready for the Knight or the mage guy to attack, looking around, watching them both carefully.

---
Applebloom
HP: 43
AC: 16

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver @D.Rex
Then Valentine got an idea. An awful idea. The little devil got a wonderful, awful idea. Her smile spread across her face as her devilish horns curled up ever so briefly. She understood now.
"Oh but I've got business without lovely hostess. I assure you she will be dying to hear my offer. I have exactly what she is looking for afterall. Also..."
She pointed over to a nearby griffon.
"Look how fat Bridgette has gotten. Cheating on your husband with your mansion's chef seems to have some drawbacks."
With that bit of carefully sensed out gossip Valentine silently back-stepped away from the group...her subtle departure only slightly undone by her wiggling her arms and whispering under her breath:
"Fwoosh - ghost-style..."

She backed right up into D.Rex!
"Huh?"
She spun around to go face to face with the dragon.
"Oh hey you. Um...Rrrriiiiiguana-boy? Sorry I'm a little distracted."

It was obvious from the casters expression that he was absolutely shocked when Applebloom shrugged off his spell. It was even more obvious that he was terrified when the large earth pony mare proceeded to beat his fully armoured friend senseless. Each blow of her hooves dented his well made but non-magical armour and sent him staggering back. Her best hit smacked him right on the helmet and he lurched back, puking a little inside of his visor. But... he was a well trained individual and held his ground.

It was the illusionists time to act. He began to chant a much more serious spell, and Applebloom would feel nightmarish visions beginning to fill her vision. Around her Applebloom saw walls of fire, and right in front of her was Lucian. He was on a torture rack and was screaming in agony as a demon cut into his succulent angel flesh and devoured it!

... And then Applebloom shook those illusions away. And the illusionist, once again, looked terrified.

The knight knew who the real danger was here, and it wasn't Wind. He focused all of his efforts on bringing down Applebloom. His first attack cut deeply into her fur, but his second attack was easily dodged by the mare!

APPLEBLOOM: First attack missed with an 8. Second attack hit with a 19, for 7 damage.

• HP: 10/48
    AC: 18

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"... Watch your damned attitude, Rainbow. Somepony will find him after the party and take him to a hospital! He doesn't know who we are, he won't remember much, and he will be safe soon. It's all for the best." Spitfire said mentally, though even Rainbow could sense that she was fighting with herself right now. She didn't mean to turn the dude to stone, it just... happened! And now she was trying to deal with that. She didn't know how to deal with that, though.

A mixture of revolt, disgust and panic was beginning to set in. Did she just... murder a pony by accident? She had done many things with her magic that she wished she never did, but never murder. This was something she had never even considered. But... they had a mission! She had to stay determined and see it through.

She held a hoof to her head to calm herself and just motioned out. "... I think we could just sneak up now..."

The maid was... totally confused right now! "Hey, wait. I can't just... take you... nevermind." She said with a little sigh as Rico walked away to go fetch his 'squire'. Whenever the pair returned to the maid they would get a very stern glare and a little frown. "... I cannot simply take you to Lady Goldstream, my friends. I am only a maid and do not have access to those chambers. The only way to access her bedroom is to either barge your way in, or take the hidden passage located somewhere in this room!"
"Wow, I said that. I am... leaving. Now." the maid proceeded to run the hell away. She just let that slip out! What an idiot. Oh well, at least it made their job a lot easier. No more needing to talk with ponies! But it seemed like ponies weren't finished talking to them.

Trixie wandered over after having noticed the maid run away. She took one look at Rico, then looked at Valentine and frowned. "... Do I even want to know why you have such a huge, stupid smile on your face Val?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver D. Rex D. Rex
Valentine smiled to see Trixie again.
"Well it WAS because I got a pretty good plan! You know, the headaches but with pictures! But now it's also just because you have a really nice outfit for this party!"
Valentine gave Trixie a high-horn, bumping her own horns into Trixie's. It was the new cool things among devils that are Valentine.
"Anyways.... I think if you can get me to Lady Goldstream I have the key to solve the mystery behind the dragon attacks if we pair my great devilish mind, with Trixie's pretty good fiendish charms, and Rico's okay mortal...organs. I just need a chance to speak to her in semi-privacy. Away from any guards at least. I believe Lady Goldstream is uh...whats the word again? That one thing you mortals do all the time. Starts with a Q?...Dying. That's it. She's dying."

Applebloom let out a yelp from the blade cutting into her, but all that did was just really fucking piss her off. She let out a loud snort, and dug her hoof into the ground, growling, before lunging forward, swinging at the Knight with fury.

Action Used: Attack (Knight)
To hit: 24 (16 + 8)
Damage: 13! (Knocked out) *Blunt Damage*

When the Knight hit the ground like a sack of potatos, she'd look to the illusionist, before roaring out, moving at him with clearly horrible intentions in mind! They really shouldn't have been so close!

Second Action Used: Attack (Illusionist)
To Hit: Miss!

Applebloom was not one to make a fool of herself, and quickly channeled her monk stats like a baller inner being to swing again!

Bonus Action Used: Attack (Illusionist!)
To Hit: 22 (14 + 8)
Damage: 14 (6 + 8)

Applebloom landed a decent hit, and quickly channeled her Ki into the Illusionist, grinning at him like an absolute madmare. If this wasn't to the death, she wasn't gonna be all put out over the fight!

Ki Point Used: 1 - Stunning Strike. Whenever you strike an enemy, you may spend 1 Ki Point to attempt to stun them. They must make a Constitution Save of 13 or be stunned for 1 round.

-----
Applebloom
HP: 36/43
AC: 16

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Rainbow gave Spitfire a sour look. "Chill out, Spitfire. Don't get angry at me because you turned the dude to stone." She responded shortly. Just because Spitfire was getting salty over making a mistake didn't mean she got to take it out on her marefriend. It doesn't work like that.

Instead of keeping up with that line of thinking, she reached out and put her hoof to Spitfire's chest. She wanted to try and comfort them still. "Try not to think about it. It only makes it worse. Trust me, I know."

That was still one of the guards taken care of. Since that was out of the way, they could focus on taking down the last two as quickly and quietly as they could. She glanced between the two of them, shrugging lightly. "... If you want to shock the shit out of one of them, that could take 'em out. Or whatever else you feel like using that won't make too much noise. I'll deal with the other one. We're going to have to be quick before they notice their buddy is missing and come looking."

With that in mind, Rainbow slowly slunk through the bushes towards their quarry. They didn't seem to see a single thing, so she crept to the very edge, sitting there and waiting for Spitfire to be in position before she jumped out and struck. It was a good thing these guards didn't have very sharp eyes, otherwise this would be a total disaster. Fucking idiots. Only these guys wouldn't see a rainbow-maned retard hunched down in some bushes wearing a knock-off ghillie suit.

Stealth check: 18 (15+3)

Wind was grateful to Applebloom for coming to her rescue. Wind hadn't helped out much yet and was eager to prove her worth as the smallest, frailest, most ill-equipped looking fighter here. She didn't want to prove right all the people who were watching right now, looking down on her. Applebloom had felled the knight and her attention was now focused on the Illusionist, though due to his less encumbered nature, was managing to avoid some of her attacks. But Wind knew that at this distance, she'd most likely be able to hit the illusionist. She nocked an arrow and took aim, then gathered some of her magical energy into the arrow before firing. It hit its mark.

The illusionist wasn't quite dead, so Wind turned to Applebloom. "Try hitting the spot where my arrow struck! I imbued it with Psychic Blades!" she yelled, before using some more of her internal magic to construct a Storm Shield around herself. She wouldn't be rushed and blindsided like that again today if she could help it.

Action: +1 Shortbow - To hit: 17 (10+7)
Damage: 16 (4 +4, 8 from psychic blades)

Bonus Action: Storm Shield

Reaction: Weak Point (Applebloom gets advantage on all attacks against Illusionist next round)

HP: 33
AC: 15
Spell Points: 4
Bardic Inspiration: 2

Rico scratched his head as the maid left in a huff. She couldn't lead him to her room? "You could have just lead me to the guards, jeeze." ,Oh well! He'd just have to do it himself.

He looked to Valentine and Trixie. "I don't know about that dragon mystery. But I can probably get us in. Firstly, our loose lipped lewitzer let spill that apparently there is a secret passage to her room from this room." Rico informed.

"If nopony is cooperative, we can hunt that down. Otherwise, yeah I also heard she is sick. I could probably get an audience with her on the ticket of me being able to heal her using Celestias light to grope her till she feels better. I think I can do that. Even if I cant, it could be a good bargaining chip to get in to see her." He suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back