• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

MLP - Age of Exploration (D&D 5e Custom System)

Characters
Here
Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Vulkan Lives Vulkan Lives
Free RP time
Lucian's eyes practically bulged out of his sockets and he quickly covered Valentine's mouth with a hoof. It fucking burned! Ow! "... I'm not an angel, I'm just a unicorn. See? No wings." He indeed didn't have wings right now! He always hid them in public. "The Princesses don't want word of a male alicorn getting out. Which seems kind of sexist but I suppose it would cause some confusion..." He shrugged a bit and removed his hoof from her mouth.

"Anyway, here's some bits for each of you, go get drunk or whatever you wanna do. I'm going to go see if there's a fight club around here for some easy bits." He tossed a bag to each of them, but not Rose... obviously. She'd probably steal herself double what he would give her.

Lanius nodded at what Lucian said, and let some of the others speak before giving is on two bits. "It may not be a black dragon, and for that we can be thankful, as the whole town would likely be dead or worse if that were the case, but make no mistake, it is still evil, and will only grow in strength as it ages. There is no time like the present when it comes to taking down a dragon, and trust me, you don't want to leave a chromatic dragon that has had gotten used to pillaging mortals." Lanius spoke with experience, as dragons were one of the few matters he knew much of anything about.

He then gladly took the bits from Lucian, not minding having a little extra money to spend, even if he was not usually the kind of person who enjoyed extravagance.

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Aurelion's sleep was a little bit on the rougher side. While killing a bunch of ponies didn't have much of an effect on her visibly, now that everything was winding down, she started actually thinking about it. And... it sucked. It really, truly did. Killing other ponies was a little bit different from, say, a monster or something—problem being that you can actually empathize with a pony. Put yourself in their hooves. She didn't like that. The idea of a bunch of ponies coming in, slaughtering them all mercilessly... it wasn't a good thought.

Which, when she woke up and came out, Lucian was explaining that they had a new mission. To Saddle Arabia... some place that she hadn't even heard of before. Whatever it was, they were hunting a dragon. That sounded definitely unappealing because she actually knew what a dragon was, plus the one they already had in the room. Big, scaly, tended to breath a variety of different things at ponies. Not very fun. Also usually were very greedy...

If she could help not having to fight them, that would be a lot better. Aurelion idly reached up and rubbed the new scars she had across her chest, the pain of them still a recent memory in her mind.

She turned her head to Applebloom when she asked, nodding her head slowly. "Yeah, I'm fine, just... Don't know about traveling so far..."

They were led to the airships and it was only then that Aurelion realized... did her parents know that she was leaving? Oh no! Mums are going to be worried sick to find out that she had never come home, and that she was going to be gone for a while, actually! Starstreak is going to freak out very hard. She usually kept a cool head, but when this whole adventuring thing was first brought up to her, she did so there as well!

Aurelion sought to catch up to Lucian, catching the bits, but not stopping still. "Um... Lucian? Does both of my moms know where I'm going?" She asked, her face scrunched up in worry. "Because I never even got to tell them that I came back alright last night. You... did tell them, right?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Lucian smiled in a fatherly way at Aurelion and gently patted her shoulder. "Yes, Aurelion, your parents know you are here. Princess Celestia has sent a letter out to everypony's families to ensure that they aren't worried. However, your parents have been told that you're on a field trip to Saddle Arabia to learn more about the culture. Sort of true, but..."

Obviously it was a lie, for Aurelia and Starstreak's mental well being. Neither of them would do well if they heard their daughter was on her way to fight a dragon. So they had been calmly told that Aurelion was a very special filly who had been whisked away to represent Equestria along with some other chosen ponies!

Lucian looked down at Aurelion with a bit of worry in his eyes, before kneeling so that he was more on eye level with the small hippobat. Not quite eye level yet, but better. "... You went through a lot last night, Aurelion. Do you need to talk about it?"

Vulkan Lives Vulkan Lives
Meanwhile, Rose noticed the big dragon guy get tossed some coins... and she herself got tossed nothing! So there was only one thing to do... she came over to him and started smiling at him all sweetly before engaging in conversation. "Hey there, big guy... it'll be nice to have you along, such a big strong dragon here to protect me~"

Meanwhile she was trying to lift the coin purse away with magic, hoping he wouldn't notice.

Pick Pocket Roll: 19

Opposed Roll: Intelligence save

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Aurelion let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. Okay, that was good... Starstreak was especially the worrying type. She never would say anything about it, but there was something wrong. Always a... hidden pain behind her eyes when she looked at her, when the conversation ever strayed towards her going out somewhere. Starstreak always seemed like there was never a time where there wasn't something else on her mind. She hoped her mother was okay...

"That's... really good to hear. Star gets really worried about me every time I'm out." She breathed, smiling slightly. It was a lie, but it was for the best. Starstreak didn't need to know what she was going off to do. Instead, she could tell her that when she came back. Aurelia would probably be proud to know her daughter fought a dragon and lived!

The little filly was startled out of her thoughts by Lucian's question, almost taken aback by it. "I, uh, I-I'm okay! Nothing to worry about!" She said quickly. But her words caught up to her and she knew that was a pretty obvious lie. "I'm... not sure how to feel about the ponies we killed back there at the metal place. Everybody else was puking and stuff, and then..." She pat her scarred chest. "I had this. But they were all disturbed by killing ponies. I wasn't."

She looked Lucian. "How come they got so sick and I didn't?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon

Wind Whistler took her bits and attached them securely to the inside of her saddlebag, which was then strapped up tight, then turned back to Valentine. Between her, and Lucian's admittedly logically sound suggestion that they needed to kill the dragon, Wind was losing her hope for a peaceful resolution. It didn't even seem likely that a peaceful resolution was plan A. She sadly sighed and looked to the devil girl who was nudging her after having openly insulted her.

"Yeah....yes, it does seems that may be the course of action we'll be taking."

(D20 roll, 14 + 1 modifer = 15. Failed)

"Oh uhm...thank you...uhm miss?" Lanius said, not noticing at all that his gold was currently being stolen from him the mare in front of him, though in reality, he probably didn't care all too much about the money anyways. He scratched the back of his head a bit awkwardly as he looked down at thieving mare, waiting for her reply.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Her muffled screams echoed futilely into his hoof, her own waving wildly into the air for help as it slowly became less and less energetic. She went limp and slipped from his grasp when he finally let her go. She picked herself up after a few moments, grumbling and moving over to Wind!
"Oww...stupid pretty-face Mc holy-halo..."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Of course Valentine had meant all those things as compliments. All that about being a screeching banshee hag with a twisted soul!

They were friends now.

"So what is it you do around here Wind girl?"

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Vulkan Lives Vulkan Lives
It had been about 4 hours since the airship had left port, and by this point the ship was far from Canterlot and above the ocean. In the last 30 minutes, a terrible storm had begun to rage in the area. Lucian could sense the horrible presence at the storms heart, and quickly recalled the heroes to join him on the top deck. It appeared to be serious, as Devotion was currently drawn from its sheath and held at the ready. Even more important than that was the fact that Lucian was no longer hiding his true appearance and was in his alicorn form, nearly as tall as Celestia herself and with a pair of feathery wings on his back.
Devotion.png
"Everypony... stay calm." was really all the arch-angel could say. There was something out in that storm that rivaled even his own power, and he could feel it watching them. It was studying them, to see what they would do. See if they would flee. Valentine could feel it just as acutely as Lucian.

In a flash of lightning, two horrible sights appeared before them. The first sight was by far the most terrifying. A massive creature stood before them, towering nearly 5x larger than Lucian himself. It held an axe larger than the archangel in its hands which was wreathed in flame, and a flaming whip sprouted from the base of the axe. Several horns sprouting from its head, the dark red tinge of its skin, the leathery wings on its back and the acidic saliva dripping from its jaws made it clear that this was a demon. Not just any demon, but likely one of the most powerful. The heroes could feel an aura of fear attempting to cut into their hearts, but it was fought back by the light radiating from Lucian.
Belaphoss.jpg
A smaller but no less horrifying looking monstrosity stood beside the larger demon, standing 2x larger than Lucian himself. It looked like a centaur... but a horribly twisted version of one. Two crests sprouted from its head, and its hooves were stained dirty with blood. Its tail was almost as long as its body, and was serrated and sharp like a blade. It stomped its hooves angrily as it stared at the heroes, while the larger demon finally spoke up.
Armanite.png
"... So these are the heroes who disrupted our plans. If the griffons won't be sacrificed, you will." It said, though it was given pause by the appearance of Lucian. He was still a rather new archangel, and the only one in this realm currently. It had never expected to meet him here, which is why it spent so long deciding whether or not to attack. In the end it had nothing to lose, as it would just reform in the lower levels of Hell if defeated.

"Kill them." The larger demon ordered, before turning his attention on Lucian. "Stay calm!" Lucian said again, though by this point it may not be possible!

The pony looking demon gave a horrible roar and charged forward, spearheading right towards Applebloom! The horrible monstrosity reared up and lashed out with its hooves, missing her by quite a wide margin. With a furious roar it tried lashing out with its claws this time, smiling with satisfaction as it sunk its claws deep into the mare and spilled her blood over its hands.

APPLEBLOOM: Hit with a 26 for 9 damage.

It then turned its attention on Valentine, sensing one of its most hated foes; a devil. Its serrated tail lashed out towards Valentine, but also missed by a massive distance. It wasn't the most skilled demon, apparently!

While the demon was focusing on her friends, Rose pulled her revolver from its holster and fired off two quick shots at the demon, using her magic to split one of her beams of energy into two different beams! She really put all of her effort into that attack and it paid off as the demon stumbled back obviously injured.

Belaphoss, the larger demon, was focused on Lucian. The flaming whip on the base of his weapon lashed out and wrapped itself around Lucian, cutting deeply into the Archangels skin and burning his skin intensely. The archdemon tried to pull the archangel towards himself but was shocked as Lucian stood his ground and didn't budge. Belaphoss moved to close the distance instead but was caught off guard when Lucian lowered his horn and sent a blast of radiant energy at the demon, getting a scream of pain from the creature.

In the blink of an eye Lucian closed the distance and struck the demon, sending him into the air where Lucian followed. They disappeared into the clouds overhead and the only visible signs of their struggle became the flashes of holy light, fire and lightning as the two battled in the clouds. The storm actually grew far more intense as the pair fought and crashes of lightning were filling the air, coming dangerously close to the ship.

• HP: 104/160
    AC: 16

---------
Rose Stats
Hit Points: 28/28
Armor Class: 16
Grit: 0/3

Action Surge: 0/1

Trick Shot: Available
Duplicating Shot: 2 rounds

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Aurelion Sol was just relaxing when a foreboding sensation seemed to come over her, making all the hair on her body stand on end. It actually frightened her slightly... to feel something that dark. She looked around her room wildly, confused by what was happening, and then she heard Lucian call for her.

She quickly made her way to the top deck to see what was going on. Just to come face to face with the most horrible thing she had ever seen. They were ugly, they were on fire, and they looked mean as all can be. This was no doubt a demon in her mind. Whoever they were, they didn't look very happy, and with the way Lucian was in a defensive position, she was inclined to follow the same. As her dinky little dagger wouldn't be of much use here... she transformed into a raptor.

Sacrifices? Those griffons were... sacrifices to this terrible creature!? That was even worse than she imagined! But the little filly dared not speak out against the archdemon, afraid that it might turn its gaze on her instead of Lucian. She didn't have a death wish.

It seems that didn't stop the other demon tagging along Belaphoss from attacking the group anyway! With the first strike against Applebloom, she shook her head, forgetting her fear briefly, in favor of anger. "Hey! You leave her alone!"

She charged at the creature, claws flashing, leaping at it and digging them into the creature's flesh as deep as she possibly could, seeking to rend them to bits. She had absolutely no qualms about killing a demon. Each and every one of them, from the stories she had earn, completely deserved whatever horrible fate befell them. Which the both of these ones clearly were demonstrating. With the flash of her talons, she also tried to lock her jaws into their shoulder, her razor sharp fangs tearing at its flesh.

Strangely, her claws glowed a green light when they struck Armanite, but didn't seem to do anything.

Aurelion Sol's AttackAttack on Armanite: To-hit
Claw: 20 (13, +7)
Bite: 16 (9, +7)

Attack on Armanite: Damage
Claw: 10 (5, +5)
Bite: 7 (2, +5)

Total: 17

Aurelion Sol's StatsHP: 27
Wildshape HP: 18

AC: 14

Buffs
N/A

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus

"What do I do? Well," Wind was about to answer, before she sensed the Demonic prescence, and suddenly shot out to the deck, alert. She watched the imposing demon and it's much smaller but still imposing minion approach. She was terrified. That's what they were going to be fighting? Hopefully Lucian could fight it off because there was little their small group was going to do to it. She wasn't surprised to hear the Demon had planned the griffins as a sacrifice. She hadn't assumed as much but it made sense, as they were told all these missions were to disrupt the demon's plans as much as defeat them outright.

The centaur demon came onto the deck, and immediately went for Applebloom. Wind saw the logical outcome before it happened, and called out to her; "Applebloom! Watch out!"

She then pulled out her new Magical Cittern and began playing some shredding riffs. Every ally around her felt pumped, but Valentine felt even stronger, as if her skin had the strength of stone yet was as flexible as normal.

"That's what I do, Valentine."

Reaction: Get Down! (1D6+2=6) (Applebloom only takes 3 damage)

Action: Stoneskin on Valentine (AC is now 16, resistance to non-magic damage)

Bonus Action: Vengeance! (All allies including Lucian get extra attack on following round)

HP: 24
Spell Points: 4
Bardic Inspiration: 3

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Valentine stumbled out from the back of the ship. She'd been drinking heavily with Rose and it had affected the poor Devil far more than it had the mortal. She dragged her heavy hooves over to Lucian's side. She fell haphazardly into his side, staring out at the storm with him!
"There there lil angel. No need to be afraid. I'll keep shoo safe from it. All you gotta do is become my minions."
The half of her body that leaned into him flickered with a slowly rising fire as his holy-aura burnt her
"Just think about it okay?~"
She winked
"If you'll excuse me..."
Valentine tilted to lean unsteadily in the opposite direction where she fell on the floor, passed out cold.

When the two demons appeared, however her eyes shot open. They were disturbingly lucid and focused for somepony so far into her drinks. This lasted until she began to speak. She held her face up with one hoof, still lying on her side while the other stretched into the air!
"Ah welcome to the end-game lil Demons. Coming out to prey on a helpless Archangel, but little did you know a Devil of my caliber would be waiting here to face you! I see you didn't even come dressed for the occasion! You were asking me about Hell, Rose. Well, you see there are demons and devils. Demons usually have hooves and claws on their legs...because you can;t fit that much crap into shoes!"

She hopped up laughing obnoxiously, stopping suddenly as the great demon and angel grappled out into the storm!
"HEY! Fine. I'll settle for destroying this minion first."
She leaped forward right into battle, drawing her pistol and pointing it right into the face of the most disgusting beast she had ever seen crawl from the depths of Gluttony....It was a fat tourist in a Hawaiian shirt
"Die demon!"
She pressed her trigger a few times before remembering it was always empty. The tourist scrambled away while Valentines completely chaotic movements had thrown her miles clear of the Armanite's attack.

She responded with a flourish of her arm. The rattling of irons resounded from the walls as hooks-tied to chains still red with the flames of Hell sprouted from every angle, seeking to dig into and bind the demon in midair!

Action: Hold Monster
DC: 14 Intelligence check or be paralyzed

HP: 22
Shield: 10
SP: 1/5

Last edited:
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Applebloom let out a surprised gasp when the demon suddenly appeared, and took a step back, trying to get closer to Lucian. She wasn't really sure what was going on, nad barely dodged the first attack directed at her, but felt the sharp claw cut across her chest, making her cry out in pain, staggering away from the strike. It burned painfully, and she'd gasp, clinching her eyes shut, before opening them again, glaring at the demon.

She was also very thankful for Windy, helping to lessen the pain of the blow, before attacking the demon, not wanting to let everyone else do all the work.

Action used: Attack
Bonus Action used: Rising Sun Kick

To Hit: 17 (11 + 6)
Damage: 9(3+6) & 5 fire damage

Ki Point Spent: 1 (Flurry of Blows)

Attack 2
To hit: Miss!

Apple would kick out at the demon's chest, her hooves ablaze as she did so, before hopping back, not trying to get hit again. She'd look at the others, happy to see them all holding their own as well.

----
Applebloom
AC: 15
HP: 24/27

The party was making quite a bit of progress in taking the creature down! Although it barely budged from any of their attacks, the wounds on its body were beginning to add up and a number of black streaks of blood were flowing down its body. It was about to attack again, when a pair of chains suddenly wrapped around it and stopped it from moving!

"Is this all the resistance you mortals can muster?!" the thing growled angrily at them, struggling against the chains to no avail. Its muscles bulged as they fought against the chains, but in reality the battle was happening mostly inside of the demons head... but he wasn't the most mentally resilient of demons. Knowing that he would die swiftly if trapped in these chains for the battle, the demon called upon his innate infernal powers and summoned other lesser demons to assist him!

Six smaller demons appeared, each coming up to about a ponies mid-chest. They were small little things, but their claws and fangs shouldn't be underestimated. What's worse is the horrible stench that radiated from them, sickening the ponies to their stomachs!
Dretch.jpeg
EVERYONE: All characters must make a DC 14 Constitution saving throw, or be poisoned. While poisoned you can take only an action or a bonus action on your turn, not both. You also cannot use reactions while poisoned. You may repeat this save at the [I]end[/I] of each of your turns.

Three of the new demons (#1, 2, 3) ran straight at Applebloom, smelling the angel scent on her. As far as these unintelligent little monstrosities were concerned, Applebloom smelling like an angel meant she was an angel! Yet somehow through the flurry of teeth and claws, Applebloom wasn't even injured. These things were really inept.

The other dretches seemed to act a bit more intelligently. They didn't go after Valentine, perhaps sensing that she had a magical spell protecting her. Instead, two of the demons went after Aurelion (#4, 5) and tried to claw her apart! They failed horribly, though at least one demon managed to get in a really good claw against the mare.

AURELION: Hit with a 16 for 7 damage.

The remaining demon went after Wind Whistler and continued to not hit her... at all.

These demons weren't overly dangerous, but they were buying time for the big one to escape.

Rose knew this and decided to try and take out some of the weaker enemies. The only problem was that she was absolutely reeling from the stench and couldn't focus enough to try and bounce her shots off the enemies! Instead she simply aimed at the Dretch on Wind Whistler and pulled the trigger, blowing the demon apart as she did so

• HP: 76/160

---------
Rose Stats
Hit Points: 28/28

Duplicating Shot: 1 round

Statuses: Poisoned

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Valentine had been on the verge of it for a while, but she was soon left retching at her hooves. A wave of it splashed out a bit at the approaching Dretch's claws. That is when the excuse of her having a magical shield really began to make the others also look more appetizing to attack despite being a Devil. She got herself back up to her hooves. Her head slowly craned over to Rose. She didn't fully know why the gunslinger was to blame, but an innate devilish sense of the guilty pointed her that way.
"...You're a real devil..."

She straightens up and tries to focus on the battle, afterall, she couldn't let this stop her. She held out a hoof first towards the Dretch's...no, no minions were meant to be fought by other minions like the rest of these. She aimed at the Armanite and an infernal ley-seal appeared in the air before her. The fabric of the universe bulged forth, the lifeblood of creation bleeding out into a centrated spear of pure arcana and chaos...followed by another and another. Valentine cackled, bathed in the light of the Arcane and her clothing tossed around by a wind borne straight from the blind-eternities...though her face swiftly turned and off shade of pale and she had to bite back her laughter to keep from vomiting once more.

Arcane Missiles - Armanite
Damage: 12 (5, 3, 4)

HP: 22
Shield: 10
SP: 0/5

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus

Wind Whistler nimbly avoided the attack of the new, smaller demon, but not before it's smell got in her nostrils and seemed to seep into her body. Her blood felt sick. It was awful. She flew up and away from the turmoil, in order to get a better look at the battle. Seeing that multiple of them were turning their attention to Applebloom, she decided to even the odds. She took aim with her bow, and tapping into her lessons at the College of Whispers, tapped into her mind to imbue the arrow with more power, before letting it fly. It was a direct hit, and that demon fell.

Action: Shortbow Arrow to Dretch 1: 16 (hit) + Physic Blades
Damage: 12 + 11 = 23

Bardic Inspiration: 2

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
It seemed her attacks didn't do a whole lot to the demon, but they were still noticeable regardless. She was caught off guard when chains burst out and suddenly were holding the creature in place, confusing the hell out of her. That was one of the most bizarre things she had seen in a while. But she wasn't about to complain about that. The less it could do, the better.

Eventually this pansy fucking demon called in his little shits to do the dirty work for him. And here demons were supposed to enjoy getting their hands bloody. The stench that suddenly hit her nose was awful, and the worst thing she had ever possibly smelled up to this point. Even Starstreak's cooking smelled better than this thing! This was absolutely loathsome and now demons all deserved to die in perspective if they smelled that badly.

Constitution Save: 20 (16, +4)

Aurelion was able to tune out her particularly sense for that, focusing on the claw that was currently coming her way! It struck her hard, tearing through her hide, but it didn't linger. Soon, that didn't linger for long, as green flourished around her and seeped into the injury, working to close it. This fucking raptor has some regeneration, bitches!

Since it didn't stay, and it pissed her off a bit more, a growl escape her throat and she hurled herself at one of them, tearing into their flesh with tooth and claw. Safe to say, he was torn to shreds. Then glaring at the next, who was quickly subsequent to her attack as well, but simply had their throat torn out with a well placed bite to the neck. Not only that, her claws glowed green again, and as they ripped into the flesh of the dretches, the natural energy flowed into her injury, sealing it up tight.

Aurelion Sol's AttackAttack on Dretch 4: To-hit
  • Multiattack
    • Claw: 16 (11, +5)
    • Bite: 16 (11, +5)

Attack on Dretch 4: Damage
  • Multiattack
    • Bite: 12 (7, +5)
    • Claw: 13 (8, +5)

Total on Dretch 4: 25 damage

Attack on Dretch 5: To-hit
Pounce: 12 (10, +5) Make a DC 15 Strength check or fall prone, and giving Aurelion Sol a free Bite attack.
Bite (Bonus Action): 25 (20, +5) CRITICAL HIT

Attack on Dretch 5: Damage
Bite (Bonus Action): 16 (11, +5) CRITICAL HIT

Total on Dretch 5: 16 damage

Spell Point used: 7 healing
Parasite: 6 healing

Constitution Save: 20 (16, +4)

Spell Points: 4/5

Buffs
Vengeance!
: Gain an extra attack for one round.

Last edited:
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Con Check: 23 (18 + 5 con)

Applebloom would blanch at the horrible scent that assualted her nose, but thankfully wasn't poisoned from it, and would blink the tears from her eyes, barely dodging the three little creatures that charged at her, happy that they seemed to just be horrible at attacking. Quickly, she'd swing out at the creatures, trying to deal with them quickly.

Action used: Attack (Dretch 2)
To hit: 24 (18 +6)
Damage: 9 (3 + 6)

Bonus Action: Extra Attack (Dretch 3)
To hit: 23 (17 + 6)
Damage: 7 (1+6)

Reaction used: Quick Hooves (Dretch 2)

Applebloom would dip around them quickly, striking two of them in their sides, before dipping around them again, getting back to where she'd been. Shifting on her hooves, she made an effort to avoid one of the pesky things.

------
Applebloom
AC: 15
HP:24/27

Forgot to mention while poisoned you also have disadvantage on attack rolls. Everyone who's poisoned, make another 14 Constitution saving throw at the end of your turn.
Although the Dretch's were utterly worthless when it came to combat, they did exactly what they were brought in to do; they bought the Armanite time to escape. As the mental battle inside its head raged on, the demon finally overcame the magical barrier holding it. In a blinding explosion of magic, the Armanite broke free... and set his gaze on Valentine. "You will pay for that, Devil!" the creature roared out, before rushing at Valentine!

The monstrous demon reared up on his back legs and lashed out hard with his forehooves, striking Valentine's magical shield. Her meager defenses easily shattered under his might, and he followed it up by slashing at her with his claws, rending deeply into her flesh. He smirked in satisfaction as the Devils blood soaked his claws; a feeling that all Demons loved.
VALENTINE: Hooves hit with a 24, for 14 damage. Claws hit with a 20 for 10 damage.
It was at this point that Rose ran over to help, but stopped to puke on the way. She was still sick. Eventually she got there, though! "Hey, leave my friend al-" Rose went silent as his serrated tail whipped around, damn near taking her head off. She tried to duck but got a really nasty cut across the neck... luckily not a killing blow though. "Ow, cock!" She screamed, before firing off her revolver at the creature!

Her bullet hit true, though it barely did anything to the demon.

The three remaining Dretches were simply looking to do something before they inevitably died to the heroes. The one that Aurelion attempted to pounce on actually completely shoved her away in-jump, in a surprising show of strength! It then jumped at her and actually tore into her, with both its claws and its bite!
AURELION:Claws hit with a 15 for 1 damage (woosh). Bite hit with 15 for 4 damage.

Meanwhile, the two dretches on Applebloom continued to attack her! Although she was doing her best to avoid Dretch 2, it still managed to get a good claw in! Dretch 5 didn't hit her at all.
APPLEBLOOM:Claws hit with a 17 for 3 damage.

Meanwhile... The storm up in the air was growing more intense with every second that passed, and flashes of lightning were coming even closer to the ship. If the battle between the archangel and archdemon raged on for much longer, the ship would likely suffer a lightning strike. Perhaps it was time to find a way off and start evacuating civilians?

• HP: 59/160

---------
Rose Stats
Hit Points: 11/28

+1 Revolver: 3/6
Regular Revolver: 6/6
Blunderbuss: 0/1

Duplicating Shot: Available

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

The sickness was making it hard to concentrate. Nevertheless, she persisted until she saw Valentine take a very nasty looking hit despite her stoneskin spell. It looked bad. Wind started playing a new tune, this one a medieval sounding melody that would restore Valentine's health and cure her wounds. Either from the spell's effects or from her own immune system fight back, she was starting to feel better herself too.

Bonus Action: Cure Wounds on Valentine (6 HP restored)

Con Save: 16

Bardic Inspiration: 2

Last edited:
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Aurelion was surprised when that little runt actually pushed her off... only to snicker when it completely fumbled its follow-up attack, only just barely scratching her, but the attack after that did score deeper. Her flesh ripped, but it was still a shallow clawing rather than tearing her to shreds. Green energy once more flooded her injuries from her claws, healing them up quickly.

She retaliated quickly, slashing out with her claws and then delivering a killing bite, only to quickly move on to the next dretch attacking Applebloom and pouncing on them for another finishing bite!

Aurelion Sol's AttackAttack on Dretch 5: To-hit
  • Multiattack
    • Claw: 19 (14, +5)
    • Bite: 20 (15, +5)
Attack on Dretch 5: Damage
  • Multiattack
    • Claw: 13 (8, +5)
    • Bite: 6 (1, +5)
Total: 19

Attack on Dretch 3: To-hit
Pounce: 19 (14, +5) Make a DC 15 Strength or Dexterity check or be knocked prone, and giving Aurelion a free Bite attack.

Attack on Dretch 3: Damage

• Pounce (if landed)
    • Bite: 10 (5, +5)
Total: 10

Parasite: 6 healing

Spell Points: 4/5

Buffs
N/A

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Applebloom would watch the others fighting for a moment, happy to see everyone doing well. That was, until the demon broke free of his 'chains'. Now, things seemed to be getting a little dire. At least those Dretch things were being dealt with quickly, vermin that they were. She'd lash out quickly at the remaining one attacking her, grinning.

Action used: Attack (Dretch 2)
Hit: 12 (6+6)
Damage: 14! (8 + 6)

Reaction used: Quick Hooves (Armanite)

She'd take down the remaining Dretch quickly, though they'd exchanged blows, and she'd seethe, looking down at the cut on her chest. She'd look back up, quickly darting back from the demon that was free, trying to avoid getting hit by it. She'd notice that the storm was getting worse, and closer... Quickly getting closer! She'd look at the others and the demon, hoping they'd be able to kill it quickly.

---
Applebloom
HP: 21/27
AC:15

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
The swirling barrier of magic around Valentine was shattered by his hooves as she was tossed back in the air, body slashed by the demons claws! She flew back into the wall of the airship, eyes unsteady. Valentine got to her hooves slowly. Rising and dusting herself off with her wings as she popped her jaw back into place, Wind's magic snapping it into place. She touched her lips with her hoof and waved casually at the demon to come at her again.
"You hit like an angel~"

Valentine paused and looked from side to side....She wasn't used to being competent for this long. Usually something interfered. She repressed the urge to do a happy hop and kept her pose up!

Action: Arcane Recovery +1

HP: 16/22
SP: 2/6

Everyone who's poisoned, make another 14 Constitution saving throw at the end of your turn.

Aurelion and Applebloom quite effortlessly tore through their Dretches, leaving this Armanite as the only foe still standing. It was hurt and bleeding profusely, but to think such a demon was defenseless would be foolish.

Taunting the demon that had almost just torn through your magical barrier and your body was certainly a ballsy move! And it paid off because the demon looked absolutely furious! "An angel?! AN ANGEL?!" the demon... surprisingly didn't charge at her. Instead, it lowered its head... and a ball of lightning formed between its grotesque horns. The lightning then surged out, flowing over Valentine, before leaping to Applebloom and Aurelion!
APPLEBLOOM, AURELION & VALENTINE: Make DC 14 Dexterity saving throw, taking 22 damage on a failed save or 11 on a successful one.

With the pain flaring from her cut open neck and the horrible smell assaulting her nose, Rose did the only thing she could do in that situation... she puked, again. She just couldn't shake this stench! It was like her home, if all the animals at her home suddenly shit themselves and threw it in the house! She eventually got herself together and tried to fire off at the demon again, only to puke mid-shot and completely miss!

• HP: 59/160

Lightning Lance - Recharging

---------
Rose Stats
Hit Points: 11/28

+1 Revolver: 3/6
Regular Revolver: 6/6
Blunderbuss: 0/1

Duplicating Shot: Available

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Val tugged at her face, doing her best impression of an imp with the most ridiculous expression she could. The lightning was hurtling right towards her and she seemed to...have expected it. Devils were meticulous schemers. Certainly Valentine's schemes rarely amounted to more harm than a mildly inconsiderate person would achieve on accident, but that Devilish nature was still strong in her. Demons were always predictable. They expended their rage fully and totally the moment they felt it. Some were capable of a low cunning, but most were merely opportunists rather than strategists. They knew how to recognize and leap at vulnerabilities but they rarely thought of how to create them or exploit them. It's why despite their overwhelming numbers in the lower depths of Hell, they were still locked in a stale-mate with the Devils. They lacked the acumen and strategy to make the most of their strength.

This demon was going to use his greatest attack sooner than later. His minions were gone, he was isolated, and he was going to lash out roaring and screaming in blind defiance of a turning tide. It was inevitable. So if the blow was to come, she meant it to come at her when she was at her strongest and able to handle it. She was weakened by the poison and the alcohol, but that is why she spent the last few moments of battle preparing for this rather than attacking.

As the lightning lept at her, Valentine was gone. Bursting into infernal embers that reformed from a rift on the other side of the room behind the demon, the same infernal energies coalescing into a shifting aura around her.

"I take that back. An Angel can actually touch me!~"
She wiggled her booty around with an utterly smug face while her allies moved to pin the Armanite in melee away from her.

Then she hurled a bit because bitch can't shake a poison condition.

Action: Blink!

HP: 16
Shield: 6
SP: 0/6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back